• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got to play in the new jungle. Tried khazix since he's been one of my favorites for ages.

Ouch. I started krugs and got executed on red buff. Easier my ass. Early sustain sucks for a carry jungler. I hate everything about the new potions. Even the warlords doesnt give as much as a couple health pots I'd buy normally.

I do not like the jungle item being more expensive.

Not a huge fan of the new warriors. Never felt like I had any sort of power spike.

Jungle was kicking my ass straight through minute 15.

I know they said they toned down the monsters but either that didn't go through or the new jungle items do not scale well enough with the monster scaling over time.

I don't want to have to be pigeon holed into a tank jungler again. Sigh.
I just was playing kha before the season ended and was doing super well with him. On my first clear with him I was usually able to do krugs red raptors, then back or if I got a good leash try to gank mid. After that I usually try to make some plays, and if I can't I go back to farming.
It is odd to me that the jungle seems more tank focused, even thought it is going to be more of an assassin meta. I haven't play the preseason yet, so I don't fully know but what I'm hearing it sounds kinda like that.

garath

It would've been a better time if we didn't have a diamond Yasuo wrecking our shit

Yeah. Those crit heals were nasty. It ruined my resets at least 3 times.

I was misjudging my damage all game. Yay new items.

I just was playing kha before the season ended and was doing super well with him. On my first clear with him I was usually able to do krugs red raptors, then back or if I got a good leash try to gank mid. After that I usually try to make some plays, and if I can't I go back to farming.
It is odd to me that the jungle seems more tank focused, even thought it is going to be more of an assassin meta. I haven't play the preseason yet, so I don't fully know but what I'm hearing it sounds kinda like that.

I used to be able to do a full clear without backing if I wanted to with khazix. Now I get executed on red buff.

killatopak

Gold Member
JgDDOWR.jpg

Our thresh did more damage than lee... fucking lee.

jerd

Finally got to play in the new jungle. Tried khazix since he's been one of my favorites for ages.

Ouch. I started krugs and got executed on red buff. Easier my ass. Early sustain sucks for a carry jungler. I hate everything about the new potions. Even the warlords doesnt give as much as a couple health pots I'd buy normally.

I do not like the jungle item being more expensive.

Not a huge fan of the new warriors. Never felt like I had any sort of power spike.

Jungle was kicking my ass straight through minute 15.

I know they said they toned down the monsters but either that didn't go through or the new jungle items do not scale well enough with the monster scaling over time.

I don't want to have to be pigeon holed into a tank jungler again. Sigh.

Glad to finally play with you. Thanks for the carry. :p Quinn is a mobility monster lol

I just played a kha game and didn't have a problem with first clear. Consider cdr blues, make sure your masteries are right, consider talisman plus 3 red pot start over refillable pot if its still giving you a hard time (I didn't do this). I also think next time i play kha I'm gonna go talisman to cauliflower's warhammer before i finish chilling smite because running around with 0 ad sucks

drawkcaB

Few of the changes would make an assassin meta more popular.

Nekofrog

Banned
Trackers is an amazing item. Will be the only choice in competitive. Junglers won't have to buy a Sightstone because they'll have Trackers and Trinket.

ad carries don't build last whisper until last item now, if at all. i've been watching streams where the adc won't even build a LW 6th item because they're so enamored by the new shiny things that make you pew pew faster.

tanks are actually in as good a spot as ever right now until ADCs get over their new shiny shit and start building armor pen

kenbo

All lanes feel pretty good, some edge champions not withstanding (Yasuo, trynd and graves)

Can't say much for jungle but it seems that the sustain loss and the minion kiting changes are hurting.

Most keystones are easy to max min as they simply augment what you already do

Perhaps there should be a keystone for carry junglers
ad carries don't build last whisper until last item now, if at all. i've been watching streams where the adc won't even build a LW 6th item because they're so enamored by the new shiny things that make you pew pew faster.

tanks are actually in as good a spot as ever right now until ADCs get over their new shiny shit and start building armor pen
Yeah rammus is smashing faces right now

garath

I just played a kha game and didn't have a problem with first clear. Consider cdr blues, make sure your masteries are right, consider talisman plus 3 red pot start over refillable pot if its still giving you a hard time (I didn't do this). I also think next time i play kha I'm gonna go talisman to cauliflower's warhammer before i finish chilling smite because running around with 0 ad sucks

I think if I took 3 red pot instead of the refillable one I might have avoided execution. Either way I definitely took more damage with the leashing changes.

My normal page has some cdr. Maybe I can tweak masteries too. What did you go? 18/12/0?

kenbo

I think if I took 3 red pot instead of the refillable one I might have avoided execution. Either way I definitely took more damage with the leashing changes.

My normal page has some cdr. Maybe I can tweak masteries too. What did you go? 18/12/0?

the refillable potion is such an unfortunate design for junglers

if you need to spam pots, then the 100 hp for 150g makes your first clear terrible
if you can sustain a clear on 100hp, then you dont really need a refillable potion....

junglers will have to back earlier and to make use of their refillable potion, losing really valuable time and the hunters potion is not a viable start in and of itself.

jerd

Yeah with vampirism and aspd. There's a foxdrop vid that breaks down brokenshard's suggested mastery pages and i just tweaked that a bit to my liking. I'll post it here when i get home if you want

Idk about the aspd over increased ability damage i might try it the other way soon

Skux

Blue start is a must for AP junglers. Still go Machete though, starting Talisman is a noob trap because you take so much more damage.

drawkcaB

Doing some testing right now for Kha'Zix for clears...I'll get back to you in a bit.

zkylon

zkylewd
syndra's getting smaller

never noticed her looking bigger than she should. i hope it doesn't mess up my mental image of how syndra's supposed to look lol

But I just bought 50AUD worth of RP two nights ago!

i'd say talk to rito support, they're usually pretty ok with this type of thing

edit: oh wait just read the thing, you're kind of screwed :<

Did I just see Solaire Gragas ?

yea i have no clue what that's about either

wish they had done a bard skin, i need a birthday present for a bard main friend of mine

jerd

Blue start is a must for AP junglers. Still go Machete though, starting Talisman is a noob trap because you take so much more damage.

I really think its just gonna vary based on who you're playing. With machete you're probs gonna run oom often and Krug start is generally better for healthier clears so I really don't think you can give a definitive one over the other

For example, I'm fairly certain kha wouldn't make it through much more than his first buff without running oom with 0 mana sustain

kenbo

syndra's getting smaller

never noticed her looking bigger than she should. i hope it doesn't mess up my mental image of how syndra's supposed to look lol

i'd say talk to rito support, they're usually pretty ok with this type of thing

yea i have no clue what that's about either

wish they had done a bard skin, i need a birthday present for a bard main friend of mine
but we already have a bard

drawkcaB

My best Kha'Zix run was going 6/18/6 with a typical AD heavy rune set and machete+pots. Picked Feast instead of Double Edge Sword. I know what the math looks like but Feast results in a much healthier clear. Did this in custom without a leash so with a leash it'd be easy breezy. I think too many people are hell bent on going 18 in Ferocity for anything damage related. The cunning tree has a great mastery for assassins in Merciless (which is fantastic for ganking junglers) and the Stormraider's Surge mastery.

The mileage you get out of Deathfire touch is a function of how often you can land spells and as an assassin you can't count on living long enough after you killed the other team's VIP to really push that keystone the way a backline mage like Ziggs, etc. can. Stormraider's is really underrated for assassin's. How would you like an additional 35% MS over the duration of your stealth after you're chunked their carry? Sounds damn nice to me.

All that said, I suspect Kha'Zix is in line for buffs quite soon once the S6 system changes settle in. Buffing him - provided it's well done - isn't a threat to launch him back into solo lanes. Increasing the bonus heal% of void spikes when used against monsters for instance would solve lots of his issues.

Your'e not forced to play tanks, it just so happens that Kha'Zix isn't all that great right now. Champions like Vi and Elise are still solid.

jerd

He's always had a high winrate right? Now that everybody wants to play adc in every lane i guess he's just that much better. Plus there are some pretty accessible move speed masteries which i imagine is icing

That kindred winrate is about what i expect her to be now +/- 1% or so. I still have yet to see one contribute anything past midgame besides free barons

Mf is such a lane bully now with love tap. And for as often as people complained about her ult being worthless before i think riot may have gone overboard on it lol

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
morgana's q is ridic, 3s stun? yes plz
Technically it's a root, so you can still auto-attack or use a number of abilities even after taking a binding. Even though it's powerful it's also telegraphed, but yes, it is generally pretty strong.

Rammus didn't retain his high win rate past the 3s > 2.25s taunt nerf, same with Fiddle.
And especially not within the Juggernaut Meta where he averaged 51-52%.

Usually I consider something out of the range of 47% - 54% winrate to be actually broken or gimping yourself.

If your team was losing, you can pretty much force fights with HG boots and his Q at around 2nd tier turrets when they want to siege...that is, if you can even fight. Thus seriously prolonging the game (but ofc like most junglers lack the ability of safe ranged wave clear). Either that, or everyone is playing Yasou and pretending to be good with crits while some turtle says ok.

kenbo

Rammus didn't retain his high win rate past the 3s > 2.25s taunt nerf, same with Fiddle.
And especially not within the Juggernaut Meta where he averaged 51-52%.

Usually I consider something out of the range of 47% - 54% winrate to be actually broken or gimping yourself.

If your team was losing, you can pretty much force fights with HG boots and his Q at around 2nd tier turrets when they want to siege...that is, if you can even fight. Thus seriously prolonging the game (but ofc like most junglers lack the ability of safe ranged wave clear). Either that, or everyone is playing Yasou and pretending to be good with crits while some turtle says ok.
Some people are taking him top lane too to lane against people who are taking adx top

Rammus ganks against top and mid lane adc are also really strong

Some people are taking him top lane too to lane against people who are taking adx top

Rammus ganks against top and mid lane adc are also really strong

He'd still get dumpster-ed against an ADC top
-Lack of Range even on skills, Farming under Turret against a ranged Champion probably will be a disaster especially for Rammus.
-Lack of Skills for Waveclear, one can argue his W but if the minions are targeting you, chances are you're in a real bad position. Ulti...sure, but that's level 6 on a "long" CD
-DPS required to take Rift Herald is severely lacking.
-DPS in general, I have not heard of DPS Rammus Ever.
-The ADC top will not attack you during W...atleast. I hope they don't.
-Gap closer is not immediate.

I mean, yes, it can work. Hell, I love Leona top even though practically gimping yourself.
His ganks are self-explanatory though.

Though regarding the teleport nerf. Is Top Lane Ignite Finally back? ;w;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom