• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisD

A Nautilus just taught me that the hard way. Holy * that's a good item.

Keystone Crit Yas is stupid. Any ideas on when that will be fixed?

Newt

What was this match?
d18f16b50f9e3c9684016e62c2754c69.jpg

What was this match?

I was pretty excited about Rageblade Kayle, but I don't know anymore.
I played some matches with my usual build (pen boots, nashor, lich, void, luden, rabadon) and added the numbers. An E'd auto and a Q combo do around 2200 damage with all procs taken into account.

One single auto with lichbane will instantly proc Thunderlord - which amounts to around 1700 of the combo's damage, so it's very satisfying showing up to somebody and swatting the air and making them disappear.

I think I checked out your previous Kayle screencaps and you seem to favor attack speed, did you just find it better or you haven't bothered on trying a full-on burst Kayle?

Newt

I was pretty excited about Rageblade Kayle, but I don't know anymore.
I played some matches with my usual build (pen boots, nashor, lich, void, luden, rabadon) and added the numbers. An E'd auto and a Q combo do around 2200 damage with all procs taken into account.

One single auto with lichbane will instantly proc Thunderlord - which amounts to around 1700 of the combo's damage, so it's very satisfying showing up to somebody and swatting the air and making them disappear.

I think I checked out your previous Kayle screencaps and you seem to favor attack speed, did you just find it better or you haven't bothered on trying a full-on burst Kayle?
I don't really favor attack speed, I used to go Ludens --> Lich too. Rageblade is just really solid ATM.

Nekofrog

Banned
ok i was wrong

as long as jax/trynd are banned, irelia is the best bruiser in the game

and even if jax is up she still might be

trynd is still better though

killatopak

Gold Member
Finally got my border.

I just wish it didn't come with people insulting me for trying out new champs and builds in normals telling me how I didn't deserve it ignoring the fact that it's preseason.

Hero

So has anyone else experimented with Tahm Kench jungle? He's pretty sticky on lane targets, can decently trade 1v1 with enemy junglers and can put out some absurd DPS when you get titanic.

faridmon

So has anyone else experimented with Tahm Kench jungle? He's pretty sticky on lane targets, can decently trade 1v1 with enemy junglers and can put out some absurd DPS when you get titanic.

I played against one. he was Good and bloody tanky even early game. His swallowing makes up for a good kite and he has CC to boot.... and can get anywhere to boot.

I had difficulties with him 1v1 as Sejuani, but we won due to everyone else being bad.

ChrisD

Is it me or the jungle is harder now?

I am having trouble clearing out the second wave let alone first wave of monsters

Don't buy the Refillable Potion on first run, if that's what you're doing. Doesn't heal you enough. Found that out the hard way. :X

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I read the patch changes, jesus everything is so complicated.

I don't understand the reasoning behind the level advantage buff for minions, wouldn't that deincentivize ganking and failed rotations even more than they do? Also puts more pressure on having a fast clearing jungler?

Just add TP scroll

I dont like jungling right now. I hate the first clear or two. I hate that combat stats are so inaccessible. Cant even get T2 Smite quickly, but you cant delay it too much because of the bonus XP.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
anyone else seeing a lot of mid and top adc's?

I was watching a stream yesterday where there were 5 ADC's in a diamond 2 game.

ChrisD

Plz nerf Soraka and Sona so I don't have to worry about the role being taken by peeps who buy Eye of the Watchers but only place ten wards in a 30min game

I've seen Graves and Quinn go top a lot. I also played a ranked game where someone took Twitch top and completely massacred a Riven like it was nothing. ADCs......ADCs are everywhere.

I don't understand the reasoning behind the level advantage buff for minions, wouldn't that deincentivize ganking and failed rotations even more than they do? Also puts more pressure on having a fast clearing jungler?

Just add TP scroll

Mhm. It promotes even safer laning and ganking, because being put behind is even more snowbally now than its ever been. Since the minions can push down harder...being ahead of levels can really be advantageous now.

Leezard

Mhm. It promotes even safer laning and ganking, because being put behind is even more snowbally now than its ever been. Since the minions can push down harder...being ahead of levels can really be advantageous now.

And if you're not exploiting your advantage, the enemies will get more farm since your lanes are always pushing.

kenbo

Just add TP scroll
People are overstating the effect of this

Outside of the minion rampage effects, the 10% extra damage just causes the minion equilibrium point to move closer to the losing tower

Hence the winning team need to play more proactively to push their advantages

The rampage effects are hard to trigger unless you're already getting stomped tbh

My issue with it is that it's such a vague and convoluted mechanic

And please, map positioning is a skill in Leeg, unlike some other game

I got rekt by a mid Quinn who rushed ER-Mobi-Ghostblade.

Ghostblade is pretty good right now. We also got rekt by a Twitch who kept assassinating people.

The minion change is a double edged sword. If you're ahead then your lane pushes naturally so that puts you in a risky position, but at the same time it makes it easier for you to press your advantage, and with the extra vision you get for free it's easier to do that. Come lategame lanes will push without your help, making it easier to prepare for rotations, but at the same time they'll push regardless of what you want so you can't just starve the enemy team out, you gotta actively end games.

In theory it's a good change, just gotta see how well it's tuned. Plus this is all assuming TP was actually nerfed, gotta do something about that first for it to work properly.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
The minion change is a double edged sword. If you're ahead then your lane pushes naturally so that puts you in a risky position, but at the same time it makes it easier for you to press your advantage, and with the extra vision you get for free it's easier to do that. Come lategame lanes will push without your help, making it easier to prepare for rotations, but at the same time they'll push regardless of what you want so you can't just starve the enemy team out, you gotta actively end games.

In theory it's a good change, just gotta see how well it's tuned. Plus this is all assuming TP was actually nerfed, gotta do something about that first for it to work properly.
thinking.gif

That's pretty interesting. A higher level team in lane (say top) would also might want to completely push to reset the wave back to middle too right, expending more of their resources if they have them. Then the lower level team has more room again and more resources than their lane opponent.

ChrisD

Can we all agree that new Blue Trinket is the funnest trinket ever and that warding your entire jungle is great? I'm playing double-roles with jungle now, Tracker's Knife for wards, Blue Trinket for long-distance. I am... THE (ward) SUPPORT JUNGLE.

Newt

Can we all agree that new Blue Trinket is the funnest trinket ever and that warding your entire jungle is great? I'm playing double-roles with jungle now, Tracker's Knife for wards, Blue Trinket for long-distance. I am... THE (ward) SUPPORT JUNGLE.
Uh, new blue trinket? Did you never upgrade in previous patches?

Kenai

Graves is in the jungle a lot from what i have seen (he is getting nerfed right?) I see Quinn mid a lot, and MF some too. Lucian and Cait are really popular botlane. Haven't seen Corki or Kog much.

garath

Holy crap. Just did Jax jungle. LOL. Rageblade is absolutely nuts on him. Rageblade + devourer is just bonkers. I threw in a gunblade for good measure but not even sure if I needed it tbh. Probably just could have built tank and blown people up just as fast. Had a Pantheon ult right on top of me when I had 7 kills and 20 more cs than him and he got disintegrated. Started complaining in chat about how empowered autos go through block lol.

I've played a LOT of Panth. I would not jump a jax with ult and that much more gold than me let alone how strong he is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom