• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auteezy

Banned
everybody says they are a smurf, and then those guys are typically the ones that play the worst. I've been called a smurf too sometimes because of my past moba experiences I guess when I play well. Most of the time I own really hard in my lane but I have no clue what items to buy so in the end game I have 0 tank items and die in 2 hits

killatopak

Gold Member
Ah so that's what going on. So shocked this guy has some dps too even though I go straight 100% tank build (not even buying dps items so far). Going to keep Guinso in mind tho. Been following builds I see on probuilds.net for him

You don't buy guinsoo on him. He counters guinsoo because he reduces atk spd. It's also correct to go full tank on him because most of his scaling comes from armor though you can buy a few ap items if you want because he also has excellent ap scaling.

zkylon

zkylewd
NA server. I like playing mid line, but i'm not really sure what heroes go there I just pick guys with guns or bows and then run mid and people flame me
yea guns and bows ppl normally go bot lane

mid lane is the place for cute girls with staffs and knives

i recommend if you're just starting out and have zero moba experience to just play the characters that look cool to you

this week out of the free champions u can play for mid heimerdinger, kogmaw, leblanc, lulu, master yi and syndra

lots of choices, i recommend syndra and leblanc since they're the most fun

patchday

NA server. I like playing mid line, but i'm not really sure what heroes go there I just pick guys with guns or bows and then run mid and people flame me

lol you're probably like how I was. I wouldn't say a word in Normal Blind Pick (PVP). I'd pick the dude that looked coo, and just run to a lane that looked empty. LOL!!! Those were the days. Eventually it finally dawned on me everytime I picked a mage I'd get shoved mid lane. If I pick a bow/gun guy I'd get shoved bottom lane.

I'll be on tomorrow I can give you some tips

No, I am the smurf.

lol well played

---->

You don't buy guinsoo on him. He counters guinsoo because he reduces atk spd. It's also correct to go full tank on him because most of his scaling comes from armor though you can buy a few ap items if you want because he also has excellent ap scaling.

Thanks!

patchday

everybody says they are a smurf, and then those guys are typically the ones that play the worst. I've been called a smurf too sometimes because of my past moba experiences I guess when I play well. Most of the time I own really hard in my lane but I have no clue what items to buy so in the end game I have 0 tank items and die in 2 hits

lol I'm so curious now. You in neogaf channel in the game? What's your "handle"?

I can play 1 more match at least

Remember I'm Ryotian. Type this:

/join neogaf

overwatch___tracer_by_sonellion-d8eg71r.jpg

don't forget about the other badass

simply the best. accept no substitutes.

zkylon

zkylewd
i got matched with challenger+master+diamonds yesterday. one on the enemy team plays like competitive in latin america (and i killed him >:3)

they might not be faker but it's really silly how matchmaking just goofs sometimes, mostly cos these people don't play much normals and normals don't take into account ranked matchmaking for some weird reason

simply the best. accept no substitutes.
i really wish i had a beta key :<

Auteezy

Banned
yea guns and bows ppl normally go bot lane

mid lane is the place for cute girls with staffs and knives

i recommend if you're just starting out and have zero moba experience to just play the characters that look cool to you

this week out of the free champions u can play for mid heimerdinger, kogmaw, leblanc, lulu, master yi and syndra

lots of choices, i recommend syndra and leblanc since they're the most fun

I'm ~5.5k mmr in dota if anybody knows how dota mmr works. I've been about 100-200 points away from top 200 NA. So I have pretty extensive moba background. I played league in beta like 6 years ago I guess for a few months, about 100 games I'd say. Some of the mechanics carry over like last hitting.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm ~5.5k mmr in dota if anybody knows how dota mmr works. I've been about 100-200 points away from top 200 NA. So I have pretty extensive moba background. I played league in beta like 6 years ago I guess for a few months, about 100 games I'd say. Some of the mechanics carry over like last hitting.

then u should have an easy time transitioning

if u liked mages in doto here's a list of fun mages: ahri, azir, cassiopeia, lissandra, lux, orianna, syndra, twisted fate, viktor, zyra

some assassins: ahri, ekko, leblanc, zed

all of those can be played mid and are pretty fun

patchday

i got matched with challenger+master+diamonds yesterday. one on the enemy team plays like competitive in latin america (and i killed him >:3)

they might not be faker but it's really silly how matchmaking just goofs sometimes, mostly cos these people don't play much normals and normals don't take into account ranked matchmaking for some weird reason

Yeah I wonder why. It was such a brutal shock when the game decided to put me in Silver 2. Got beat up over & over lol. Finally won a match today and starting to get a handle on things again.

But I thought the mmr was sort of working cause I went back to Teambuilder to practice new characters and I am noticing I get paired with 1 or 2 other Silvers a lot. But never a Gold or higher. Just Silver or lower.

Now-- I freely admit I never paid attention to borders before. I didnt know what they were until I hit Silver myself

killatopak

Gold Member

If you have that much experience then it should be pretty easy for you. I myself played dota( W3 one not the source one) to a high degree where I joined tourneys and it carried over to League. I got myself to a pretty high elo in just a year of casual playing.

Things that are gonna take time to learn are counters and lane match ups, item builds, runes and masteries and some other miscellaneous stuff like jungle timers, warding and objective control.

General stuff like last hitting, trading and wave control should be pretty easy if you are experienced in dota.

patchday

Okay Auteezy sent me a fr and now I am spectating his match.

Yall right the MMR is crazy?? His team got 2 silvers but enemy team has at least 3 golds. LOL!!!

But this is ARAM so....

killatopak

Gold Member
I've been kinda seeing more Trinity Rivens. Must have been the cdr they like about it. I'm more of a BC kind of guy for early armor pen cdr and hp though.

Auteezy

Banned
Huh, weird. Where are you located and what server do you use?

NA server, live in vancouver. I did all that port forwarding stuff and everything and i start at about 65-70 ms and then randomly my ping spikes to 180-200+ sometimes up to 400 and it's just like that for the rest of the game. I think i'm also getting massive packet loss cuz it's not that my commands are delayed it's like they aren't even being issued sometimes. IDK makes the game kind of unplayable

NA server, live in vancouver. I did all that port forwarding stuff and everything and i start at about 65-70 ms and then randomly my ping spikes to 180-200+ sometimes up to 400 and it's just like that for the rest of the game. I think i'm also getting massive packet loss cuz it's not that my commands are delayed it's like they aren't even being issued sometimes. IDK makes the game kind of unplayable

add me on NA, I'll try to get some games going this week: Riot Costy

My team is hopefully launching our project this week (I work on the new player experience) so I'd like feedback from a new LoL player.

Leezard

Ouch, that sounds terrible :/

faridmon

OMG thank you however advised me not to buy refillable potion when jungling. This Meta is made for Sejuani. The new mastery just makes her so OP, tanky with dmg and the fact that I have learnt how to counter Lee and Vi so hard, I have been snowballing through games now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom