• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerd

Too soon to tell but looking like yes

She seems good. The better you are with using/setting up her tentacles, the better it is for you. Idk why but I alwaysscrew up her ult thinking it has a slighly larger range than it actually does.

I saw her bully her lane so hard, enemy tops are just hugging their tower

Very.

But like a lot of champs, she can't carry a team because her kit doesn't allow her to blow people up and chase stragglers down. No CC. Thus, will only be *so good* for solo play. After all, it doesn't much matter if you win your lane with a champ that can't turn the advantage into being able to solo carry/make plays if your team is playing like shit. That is to say her maximum potential is sort of dictated by the play of her team and their ability to deal damage and capitalize on the advantage she can create (sieging, soul snatching). As someone said before, higher lows, but lower highs than a lot of her "juggernaut" contemporaries. You'll never see a 20 kill Illaoi game.

It think her strongest role will be as support as a result, though she is still a shut-down top against a bunch of melee tops and a respectable jungler. From jg, she can walk into a lane, snatch a soul and win the laning phase for their mid/off laner.

Honestly surprises me. No cc and basically no mobility her damage must be nuts.

even latin america rito is trolling about mage items being super expensive

that's official art

zhonyas is so fucking dumbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

I wannna know who is paying Riot to keep assisting Zeds and Yasuos. So sick of dealing with them and their kits that don't use mana...

patchday

Very.

But like a lot of champs, she can't carry a team because her kit doesn't allow her to blow people up and chase stragglers down. No CC. Thus, will only be *so good* for solo play. After all, it doesn't much matter if you win your lane with a champ that can't turn the advantage into being able to solo carry/make plays if your team is playing like shit. That is to say her maximum potential is sort of dictated by the play of her team and their ability to deal damage and capitalize on the advantage she can create (sieging, soul snatching). As someone said before, higher lows, but lower highs than a lot of her "juggernaut" contemporaries. You'll never see a 20 kill Illaoi game.

It think her strongest role will be as support as a result, though she is still a shut-down top against a bunch of melee tops and a respectable jungler. From jg, she can walk into a lane, snatch a soul and win the laning phase for their mid/off laner.

My total kills have easily exceeded that (but not last-hits). Was in a match earlier where the enemy illaio had 17 last-hit kills.

My total kills have easily exceeded that (but not last-hits). Was in a match earlier where the enemy illaio had 17 last-hit kills.

don't miss the forest for the trees and argue for the sake of arguing. the point wasn't about last-hit snipes so much as damage carrying and ability to carry from behind and you're smart enough to know that, I'm sure. it's not her role and what her kit allows her to do. "carrying hard" is not her job. Fortifying pushes and dealing aoe damage in team fights is her job.

btw kitsune just made me realize that merch store is no longer available in latin america for some reason

hope this isn't forever, would like to get some regional prices though

only 1.8k to go

Oh that is why I couldn't find my post in this thread, lel.
I just realized my mistake. Tabs too hard for me.
___

No more merch store for LAN/LAS?

I want Urf.

):

kenbo

that's more of a symptom of playing at a low elo surely

Illoai gets stronger the more people she is fighting, but it's a common response to just pile on top of her and hope she dies.

At higher elo they'd understand a little better her weakness to range and poke

just look at her champion.gg: http://champion.gg/champion/Illaoi/Top

43% win rate..... it'll probably go up a little as illaoi players get better, but right now she seems like a lowelo/blindpick stomper (since you cant knowingly pick ranged into her in blind)

drawkcaB

I need someone to remind me, why does no one play Karthus anymore again?

No particular reason. Just lost among the various picks that are currently strong mid.

Some might chime in and say that the faster pace of the game might affect him, but that's not really true. The rework to RoA's numbers gives him the option to skip Tear/Seraph's altogether for his mana needs, or you can opt to play Tear->Rylai's->Seraph's and not bother with RoA. Both builds have high win rates and don't lock Karthus into farming in his lane well into the mid game.

jerd

I honestly think karthus just has too high a skill cap for people to bother with him. As an immobile mage he's pretty risky and if you can't land skittles you're not gonna do much damage for a while

As for illaoi the 1v5 penta that I've seen and others like it are reminiscent of ekko's 1v5 pentas from release where people just blindly bunched up on his ult shadow. If illaoi gets a 5 man ult I'm sure that fight is essentially over but with her only way to get into the middle of 5 people being on a 5 minute cd and the radius of the ult being pretty low I'm sure that's not gonna be super common

patchday

edit->
I don't know how to link this match directly. But on this high ranked player's profile illaio scored very high:
14 / 7 / 8 KDA

Only match I could find that looked like top

I'm sure you can find some good high elo illaoi games

a 43% WR means she wins 43 out of 100 games

yeah but what elo is that data pulled from? I'm searching high elo right now and I cant find her used in a single ranked game. I prefer stats from higher elo myself (even tho I'm Silver).

I think people in high elo prefer to get a lot of playtime on a character before bringing it to ranked. At least thats how I 'thought' they worked

edi8t: I'm searching these high ranked games the worst way possible though. I'm crawling through them via well know players and pros directly

zkylon

zkylewd
Zkylon bringing the hard unfiltered truth that everyone else is to scared to talk about.
someone has to

I wannna know who is paying Riot to keep assisting Zeds and Yasuos. So sick of dealing with them and their kits that don't use mana...
i dunno how yasuu is after the crit mastery got nerfed but both of them were really weak before preseason, so i dunno

i think both champions have very annoying gameplay patterns in lane but i don't mind them when they're weak, so if they get small buffs i'm not worried, even if they get buffed their players are so shit they're free win champions anyways

Kenai

even latin america rito is trolling about mage items being super expensive

that's official art

zhonyas is so fucking dumbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

Cass boot joke will never stop being funny. NEVER.

And yea let Illaoi settle down. She seems like...not a particularly good all-rounder (play almost any ranged vs her and she goes through hell in lane and that translates to getting killed fast in a tf)) but incredibly strong in her niche (prolonged skirmishes). Her supporting is weird though. Most support sets don't play nice with AD-based characters so you have to go full tanky, but her damage does scale ok I guess?

I need to figure out how to play her better. Catching a backline person out for a vessel target is great, but I am not really sure what to do if i can't. I suck at engage type champions.

zkylon

zkylewd
Nah, Yasuo is the midlane support Lux.
there's nothing as bad as support lux

there's no crueler sin in league of legends

This steam sale is so bad I've actually had to play games in my backlog :-(

I hate preseason
there's been some good stuff on gmg and nuuvem, that's what i've been doing. nuuvem's region locked to south america in some cases tho, so beware (also gta5 is brazil only for some reason).

but yea, shitty sale

zkylon

zkylewd
nobody plays support nidalee anymore

there are still heathens out there playing lux as support

lux is not a support

lux is a killer

speaking of

dont think i forgot rito

it has to happen someday

jerd

Refresh my memory
Will there be any bonuses for gifting skins or RP to friends?

They're doing kind of a light overhaul on that whole system but I'm not sure they've gone into detail about it. I don't remember reading that specifically bit that doesn't mean it's not happening

Congrats on being upgraded to memb-

Tizoc

They're doing kind of a light overhaul on that whole system but I'm not sure they've gone into detail about it. I don't remember reading that specifically bit that doesn't mean it's not happening

Congrats on being upgraded to memb-

I've been that since the start of this month actually :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom