• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, looks like I have to stop playing League of Legends before I get my account banned. Disconnections/crashes all day. I've tried everything. Riot has stopped responding to my support tickets.

Found a 200 page thread on the forum full of people reporting similar issues and it doesn't seem like it was ever resolved. I guess it's just spaghetti code strikes again. Something they put in the recent patch has made the game unplayable for me.

jerd

I'm sure you've already tried repairs and reinstalling and everything like that? I'm pretty sure when i had a problem like that it was something to do with my antivirus. I also had a time where i crashed every time there was a gragas in the game because somehow the game forgot to patch him in when i did a fresh install. Shits wonky good luck with it. In the meantime I'd say if you feel like fiddling with it stick to coop ai til you're confident it's fixed as i doubt anyone will report you for that

I'm sure you've already tried repairs and reinstalling and everything like that? I'm pretty sure when i had a problem like that it was something to do with my antivirus. I also had a time where i crashed every time there was a gragas in the game because somehow the game forgot to patch him in when i did a fresh install. Shits wonky good luck with it. In the meantime I'd say if you feel like fiddling with it stick to coop ai til you're confident it's fixed as i doubt anyone will report you for that

Yeah, I've done everything. It ALWAYS happens during a team fight. I'll be playing ARAM and the first few quiet minutes are fine. Then as soon as a fight breaks out and spells start going off, I'm gone. One game today I would dc the exact second MF used her ult, every time. Otherwise, stable 40 ping.

In my mind I imagine the spaghetti saying "MF ULT ANIMATION NOT FOUND, ABORT" and instantly kicking me from the game. And of course this only affects me because reasons. I dunno man. Neither does Riot apparently.

Leezard

Yeah, I've done everything. It ALWAYS happens during a team fight. I'll be playing ARAM and the first few quiet minutes are fine. Then as soon as a fight breaks out and spells start going off, I'm gone. One game today I would dc the exact second MF used her ult, every time. Otherwise, stable 40 ping.

In my mind I imagine the spaghetti saying "MF ULT ANIMATION NOT FOUND, ABORT" and instantly kicking me from the game. And of course this only affects me because reasons. I dunno man. Neither does Riot apparently.
How does your computer handle other games? It sounds like a very specific issue.

kenbo

You would get a bug splat if it was a game crash

You were saying that your game just disconnects right? Do you get a "attempting to reconnect" message or does your client just close
It might be a physical fault on your home line that's exacerbated by the packets that league sends. Do you get disconnects in other games?

Especially if it commonly happens at a team fight since that means a spike in information sent /recieved

subtles

I wonder if poor, unassuming Poppy is aware that she lost her Diplomatic Immunity? Finding the hero is going to be much harder. T_T

That's damn weird. My friend I duo with had a very similar issue. It would happen to him much more frequently whenever team fighting broke out. We'd be voice chatting, so a fight would start and I'd immediately hear him say "No. No! Am I still connected?" then he disconnects. The whole time I hear him fine on Curse, so his internet is up-and-going just fine. It was really bad a few patches ago. We've only played a few games this patch, and no issues as of yet.

Playing a quick game today in morning to wake up. First guy calls top, then way way later another says top. 2 guys kindly tell him someone else called top. He stays on Garen, and finally at 2 seconds left in champ selection goes to Vayne then says "u all muted once game begins"

Wut? lol

zkylon

zkylewd
1434114125.jpg

awesome ahri of the day

patchday

I bet you are overheating. I always run diagnostic tools when I have issues and monitor everything

Then again an overheat should cause entire computer to reboot. might depend on video card and operating system though.

If you would've crashed immediately after lobby I would guess hard drive. If you crash soon as game starts I'd go with defective video card (that was my issue)

When you search entire internet and only YOU and a small number of folks have issues its gotta be the hardware.

garath

There's a few things I'd try. Riot support is largely useless. And they do just give up on tickets after awhile. I've been unable to invite friends to games for over a year despite a complete wipe of my system and reinstall and two separate tickets.

First do some hardware monitoring like the others have suggested. Rivatuner can give you an overview of most of the essentials. Second, try disabling as many excess programs and services you can. I've had a number of conflicts in games over the years with sound cards, mouse drivers, overlays, anti virus, etc. It may be you recently installed something and forgot?

The other thing would be doing some trace routes to riot servers. The new ones. Even ask in the support ticket to make sure you have the right ip to ping. There may be a bad hop and some packet loss causing problems. You can try one of the gaming vpns and see if using that will solve the issue. At the very least if it did, that isolates it to something network related.

Any ADCs viable in top lane or jungle other than Graves? I'm fine with high risk, high reward scenarios.
Quinn, Vayne and Cait work for top. For jungle you have Kindred and Quinn.

None of them are high risk high reward besides Quinn and Kindred to be honest lol. Just high risk, you lane against a bruiser with Ignite and you're fucked.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I have tried doing a clean boot of windows with all unnecessary processes disabled, turning off firewalls, repairing the client etc. I've done ping tests and they come back with 0% packet loss. I don't think it's a hardware issue as I'm on a brand new gaming PC (no problems up until a week or so ago). Every other online game works fine.

This is the thread I mentioned earlier: http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1828573&page=1

My situation is similar to the stuff reported in here. What's scary is ppl talking about taking 2 month breaks and coming back with the same problems ;-; I like playing LoL.

patchday

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I have tried doing a clean boot of windows with all unnecessary processes disabled, turning off firewalls, repairing the client etc. I've done ping tests and they come back with 0% packet loss. I don't think it's a hardware issue as I'm on a brand new gaming PC (no problems up until a week or so ago). Every other online game works fine.

This is the thread I mentioned earlier: http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1828573&page=1

My situation is similar to the stuff reported in here. What's scary is ppl talking about taking 2 month breaks and coming back with the same problems ;-; I like playing LoL.

New gaming PC can still overheat. My bro's brand new computer had a new gpu that was overheating for instance

[edit] Read the thread's OP. Hm, yeah wouldn't surprise me if the game client had some hard-to-repro bug for the dev team

patchday

very glad they put their top artist on the redo for poppy

ugh, took illaio to our first ranked match in Top lane and got drop kicked by Jax. I guess it's mandatory to ban that dude eh? Or play as him. This is for low elo (Silver 3) where we don't know what the fudge to do bout OP/snowball heroes

edit: just entered a new lobby. I'm seeing lots of illaio bans. Good news Jax banned too. He's just too fucking much now. League of Broken Heroes yo.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm really hyped for All-Stars proper after watching IWCA.

Lots of fun games, Ultimate Bravery has been a great addition.
i'm not really hyped as much as i've missed competitive league in general

i mostly want to see the more serious games to see how the new season plays out in competitive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom