• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

So... I play a normal, everybody gets their role without any arguing, but as soon as the game starts I notice something's off with my adc Ashe. It starts with her not last-hitting minions at all, so I feel forced to do it myself to avoid losing out on minion gold; then she does a couple dumb plays where I'm forced to ks two champion kills (adc and a jg who tower dove to get Ashe). By then I already had sightstone and lv2 coin, but I just had to begin building ad as Thresh to try and make up for our Ashe. There were like four or five separate occasions where she was ganged up on with lots of CC, I'd throw my lantern at her feet and she'd then proceed to ignore it and just walk away from it (once even spending her flash to get away from trouble rather than clicking on the blasted lantern). Needless to say, we lost.

I'm glad the "bad player" report is gone though, since while I wasn't happy with our Ashe doing absolutely nothing right, I think giving players the option to report a player for not meeting their expectations only helped foster toxicity. It isn't like Riot couldn't match that player down with less experienced players by merely datamining their performance, anyway.

did you try to tell Ashe she has to click on the Lantern? If you just silently shake yer head you cant expect her to improve. You gotta let a bad know they're playing bad :D

I'm assuming you said something tho. I know the first Thresh I played with when I first started told me fast

Edwardo

there really aren't that many toxic people

its two things:
1. negativity bias
2. you remember games, not the no# of toxic people
e.g. if only 5% of people are toxic, you'll see 1 toxic person approx every 5 games. but 1 toxic game every 5 games feels more like theres heaps of toxicity

Very true

patchday

^^ His math above is atrocious though. Let's say you play 100 games. 5% would mean you'd run into a toxic 5 out of 100 games.

Most people might play like 5-8 games a day.

I always see a teammate going cray on another teammate. Not sure if I'd call them toxic. I'd just call them nerds / keyboard-wars / no-lifes. I can see getting a little intense in a ranked match but in a Normal. lol

help me understand why it would be bad enough to search for, re-host and post an image to voice your disapproval.

People used to build Ezreal as AP, right? Did his AP ratios get nerfed enough for it to simply not be even in the realm of possibility? Or am I misunderstanding how the Rageblade works? My basic understanding (I've bought the item maybe once in life...maybe Season 2) is that it fairly well compliments damage-dealers that have mixed AD and AP skills in their kits...which is why Udyr and Kayle flourish with it. Now I haven't played Ez in a long time but I believe his W had AP ratios and maybe the ult too. Not enough to justify it as a snowballing purchase, perhaps? Or does the way the item works not compliment Ez's playstyle?

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
help me understand why it would be bad enough to search for, re-host and post an image to voice your disapproval.

People used to build Ezreal as AP, right? Did his AP ratios get nerfed enough for it to simply not be even in the realm of possibility? Or am I misunderstanding how the Rageblade works? My basic understanding (I've bought the item maybe once in life...maybe Season 2) is that it fairly well compliments damage-dealers that have mixed AD and AP skills in their kits...which is why Udyr and Kayle flourish with it. Now I haven't played Ez in a long time but I believe his W had AP ratios and maybe the ult too. Not enough to justify it as a snowballing purchase, perhaps? Or does the way the item works not compliment Ez's playstyle?

why bother? creativity and league tend to be opposites. the new items this season are a breath of fresh air for the game.

Ezreal's power spike with Essence Reaver Trinity Force is much more powerful than his hybrid powerspike. Not only that, but his main source of damage comes from hitting Mystic Shots over autoattacking, which makes Rageblade less helpful for him compared to someone like Kayle or Jax, who have probably a 70% spread of autoattack damage. Not only that, but Ezreal is also a ranged champion which makes the time it takes for him to get maximum stacks on rageblade twice as long.

the image was just a joke

i have like 2000000 reaction photos.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Ezreal's power spike with Essence Reaver Trinity Force is much more powerful than his hybrid powerspike. Not only that, but his main source of damage comes from hitting Mystic Shots over autoattacking, which makes Rageblade less helpful for him compared to someone like Kayle or Jax, who have probably a 70% spread of autoattack damage. Not only that, but Ezreal is also a ranged champion which makes the time it takes for him to get maximum stacks on rageblade twice as long.

the image was just a joke

i have like 2000000 reaction photos.

so is that why its a jpeg?

JulianImp

did you try to tell Ashe she has to click on the Lantern? If you just silently shake yer head you cant expect her to improve. You gotta let a bad know they're playing bad :D

I'm assuming you said something tho. I know the first Thresh I played with when I first started told me fast

Yeah, I told her "You could've picked my lantern up to escape" countless times, but Ashe would constantly prefer walking and getting herself killed over left-clicking my poor old lantern. After the third or so time she was mercilessly ganged up on and died due to not picking it up, even the enemy team commented about it in allchat.

The worst part is that my lantern saves felt pretty on point that game, so it was disheartening that nothing good came out of them.

patchday

^^ Math wise not sure how often I see a toxic. I usually don't pay much attention to chat once game starts unless we're trying to formulate a strategy

Yeah, I told her "You could've picked my lantern up to escape" countless times, but Ashe would constantly prefer walking and getting herself killed over left-clicking my poor old lantern. After the third or so time she was mercilessly ganged up on and died due to not picking it up, even the enemy team commented about it in allchat.

The worst part is that my lantern saves felt pretty on point that game, so it was disheartening that nothing good came out of them.

Yep that's just frustrating. Hopefully you was able to surrender at 20.

drawkcaB

whats the difference between a png and a jpg

pretend im retarded about stuff like this

Off the top of my head, .png can do transparency and are lossless so under compression they don't loose detail whereas a compressed .jpg might blur certain portions of a picture with lots of detail or you might see some artifacting/digitizing effect. The cost .png having higher quality is higher file sizes.

drawkcaB

oh so jpg is shit then

thanks

Nah, just different uses. If you're building a website then you can get away with using .jpg or .gif for the layout since it'll load faster. Depending on the amount of users you're getting that can have big financial consequences as far as the cost of running your website goes.

But for personal use, like pictures, or digital artwork etc. then png rocks.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
.jpg is nice. good for online web things. please only embed .jpgs or low file size .pngs on neogaf.com.

zkylon

zkylewd
Tbh that was true like 10 years ago when inet connections were crap

Nowadays png is just always better. Filesize difference is minimal against jpg

Gif is another deal since that's 256 colors and crap, so it's not terrible if u want to do transparency

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Tbh that was true like 10 years ago when inet connections were crap

Nowadays png is just always better. Filesize difference is minimal against jpg
not really. also the increase in mobile activity has solidified bandwidth usage as a constant priority. that's part of why i hate every recent league opening post.

zkylon

zkylewd
Jpg is bad at big imgs like on the ot so that wouldnt help that much

Posts like ot r always gonna hurt if ur inet connection isn't good

patchday

I think web devs might go jpg to save a little bandwidth on the server-end. But I believe zkylon to be correct png is a superior format. Although I always use jpg out of habit unless making a web avatar. Then I go png for transparency

TL;DR - PNG

that's part of why i hate every recent league opening post.

You made me look at first post. Then I was surprised to see waifu and swimsuits.

And that Dominion is mentioned. It's dead as fuck (in NA) and when I tried to play it a few months ago, they were mostly bot. Tried to duo with my friend (newly created account) and it was us + 8 bots (evening in Japan time).

Sad that there's no pic of Rito for Rito Points.

kenbo

Dominion is at playable size at level 30, and is probably more complex than some other objective based moba.....
Don't play it while leveling though.

Not sure how riot can make it more appealing to the SR players though

a "WOTD" for dominion, aram and SR would be a good start i suppose

costy can you put this on the agenda for next meeting

rfGbpNN.png

Welp, second attempt Illaoi top. Sigh.

Tried Frozen Mallet just to see what I thought of it vs Iceborn. Kinda meh. I think IBG would have been fine or even a TF or hydra. But it wouldn't have changed the outcome. Vayne was afk until around 19 minutes and Xerath didn't look comfortable on the champ at any point. Our plat mid Kass begged for a lane switch because he got shit on by Jayce. Jayce and I did the most damage in the game but only because they were dumb enough to jump into me and take like 6x tentalce slams over and over.

zkylon

zkylewd
it's ok on yasuo cos it's dependant on him having enemies/neutral monsters around. he gets infinite dashes cos his mobility isn't unrestricted like leblanc's/kassadin's (who are gated by cooldowns/mana costs respectively so they're not absourdly broken)

tahm kench is just kind of a bad champion imo. very interesting concept and his visual design is awesome, but him existing kind of makes the game worse

patchday

Who said you don't get 20 kills on illaoi.
:^)

lol

Welp, second attempt Illaoi top. Sigh.

Tried Frozen Mallet just to see what I thought of it vs Iceborn. Kinda meh. I think IBG would have been fine or even a TF or hydra. But it wouldn't have changed the outcome. Vayne was afk until around 19 minutes and Xerath didn't look comfortable on the champ at any point. Our plat mid Kass begged for a lane switch because he got shit on by Jayce. Jayce and I did the most damage in the game but only because they were dumb enough to jump into me and take like 6x tentalce slams over and over.

Wow good work though. You had a fantastic game

kenbo

Yeah Yasuo can be pretty tough against some very skillshot reliant mages

he gets stomped by a lot of other champions too though

its tough playing blind pick

zkylon

zkylewd
he's definitely infuriating sometimes, specially when it's a good yasuo player he can make ur life a living hell if you're someone like lux

but at the same time most yasuos are very predictable and u can just tank a bit of his q auto e combo with ur shield and just snare him on the way out

i generally like playing against yasuo cos laning against him is almost always a skill matchup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom