• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, it's mmmCHOWDAH.

Damn, I met some guy on NA yesterday with the summoner name 'Eduardo' and we added each other and played a few games. Everything went fine, neither of us are toxic players, but he inexplicably removed me.

I don't know how anyone can dislike that Braum figure though. I don't own much in the way of videogame collectibles but I would be proud to own that one, it's too good.

Damn, I met some guy on NA yesterday with the summoner name 'Eduardo' and we added each other and played a few games. Everything went fine, neither of us are toxic players, but he inexplicably removed me.

I don't know how anyone can dislike that Braum figure though. I don't own much in the way of videogame collectibles but I would be proud to own that one, it's too good.

damn eddy so toxic and bm

why would you just remove him man???!?!?!

The few people I watch are anklespankin (d5), redmercy (d2), jeremy curios and foxdrop (d3), stonewall008 (not sure about his rank but i found someone in NA at gold 1) and brofresco (g4) for some amazing bronze plays. All of them provide something different and entertain me to some degree lol. That sounds like more than a few though

Dayum. The River King is legit as all hell. Playing him a lot more and there is nothing more satisfying than flashing in at the last moment to devour a teammate and save them from death. I can practically hear the enemy team's rage as I steal a kill from their grasps.

d2ixG2m.png

You know what? About 12 matches in and I like her. I very rarely play tanks (or otherwise 100% tank item builds), so it's sort of interesting/entertaining to go into fights knowing you'll be largely ignored because you have 4000hp, 200armor and 160 mr. I might have to do that more often.

On the flip side, I only did about 25k damage in an hour match because of the build. Only barely more damage than Mundo, though more than Shen and Dogge. Might be an acceptable way to play her as Support, but not as top.

Also, with no CC, no heals I'm not sure how often I will pick her in ranked matches as supp. She just doesn't offer much help beyond a bit of zoning for the adc. Like, usually supports either have a disable, healing or both. She has neither. idk.

Leezard

You know what? About 12 matches in and I like her. I very rarely play tanks (or otherwise 100% tank item builds), so it's sort of interesting/entertaining to go into fights knowing you'll be largely ignored because you have 4000hp, 200armor and 160 mr. I might have to do that more often.

On the flip side, I only did about 25k damage in an hour match because of the build. Only barely more damage than Mundo, though more than Shen and Dogge. Might be an acceptable way to play her as Support, but not as top.

Also, with no CC, no heals I'm not sure how often I will pick her in ranked matches as supp. She just doesn't offer much help beyond a bit of zoning for the adc. Like, usually supports either have a disable, healing or both. She has neither. idk.

If you're going top with her you probably want at least one or at most two damage items.

If you're going top with her you probably want at least one or at most two damage items.

Understood. Seems like Cleaver + Gage are the offensive items of choice top? I look forward to trying her top soon. I've just been testing builds and build orders as support where people are less likely to yell at you.

Random question: can tentacles apply on-hit effects? Like...crit?
horse.gif

JulianImp

So... I play a normal, everybody gets their role without any arguing, but as soon as the game starts I notice something's off with my adc Ashe. It starts with her not last-hitting minions at all, so I feel forced to do it myself to avoid losing out on minion gold; then she does a couple dumb plays where I'm forced to ks two champion kills (adc and a jg who tower dove to get Ashe). By then I already had sightstone and lv2 coin, but I just had to begin building ad as Thresh to try and make up for our Ashe. There were like four or five separate occasions where she was ganged up on with lots of CC, I'd throw my lantern at her feet and she'd then proceed to ignore it and just walk away from it (once even spending her flash to get away from trouble rather than clicking on the blasted lantern). Needless to say, we lost.

I'm glad the "bad player" report is gone though, since while I wasn't happy with our Ashe doing absolutely nothing right, I think giving players the option to report a player for not meeting their expectations only helped foster toxicity. It isn't like Riot couldn't match that player down with less experienced players by merely datamining their performance, anyway.

So... I play a normal, everybody gets their role without any arguing, but as soon as the game starts I notice something's off with my adc Ashe. It starts with her not last-hitting minions at all, so I feel forced to do it myself to avoid losing out on minion gold; then she does a couple dumb plays where I'm forced to ks two champion kills (adc and a jg who tower dove to get Ashe). By then I already had sightstone and lv2 coin, but I just had to begin building ad as Thresh to try and make up for our Ashe. There were like four or five separate occasions where she was ganged up on with lots of CC, I'd throw my lantern at her feet and she'd then proceed to ignore it and just walk away from it (once even spending her flash to get away from trouble rather than clicking on the blasted lantern). Needless to say, we lost.

I'm glad the "bad player" report is gone though, since while I wasn't happy with our Ashe doing absolutely nothing right, I think giving players the option to report a player for not meeting their expectations only helped foster toxicity. It isn't like Riot couldn't match that player down with less experienced players by merely datamining their performance, anyway.

That report option was not a punishable offence option btw.

It was used as a data point to determine if that player was being matched with people higher than their skill level. Reporting someone as an "unskilled player" would never get them banned or punish them.

zkylon

zkylewd
there should be a report option called "questionable life choices" for yasuo players imho

punished by forcing them to play 1000 galio games

JulianImp

That report option was not a punishable offence option btw.

It was used as a data point to determine if that player was being matched with people higher than their skill level. Reporting someone as an "unskilled player" would never get them banned or punish them.

But players keep threatening to report bad players like it's actually going to get them punished. Few times have I ever heard anyone said "oh sorry, I screwed up". It's always players raging against whoever's getting killed, that player X didn't do Y and how that would've won the game (protip: which is often a lie) or that people are getting ambushed while ignoring that they're getting ambushed precisely because nobody ever deploys their wards, let alone buying even a single pink.

JulianImp

Please stop reporting bad players

its bad for your health to care so much about internet strangers

One of the things I've noticed is that the rumors I had heard about LoL and other MOBAs having toxic playerbases were mostly true. Of course there are a couple nice players here and there, but the obnoxious people that flame others tend to be a lot louder than them.

Zky was right in that the best course of action appears to be finding lots of other people that aren't a pain to play with, adding them to friends and then playing games with as many of them as possible to reduce the chances of getting random toxic players in your teams.

garath

One of the things I've noticed is that the rumors I had heard about LoL and other MOBAs having toxic playerbases were mostly true. Of course there are a couple nice players here and there, but the obnoxious people that flame others tend to be a lot louder than them.

Zky was right in that the best course of action appears to be finding lots of other people that aren't a pain to play with, adding them to friends and then playing games with as many of them as possible to reduce the chances of getting random toxic players in your teams.

Every competitive online community is filled with toxic playerbases. LoL just happens to be one of the biggest and more apparent.

kenbo

there really aren't that many toxic people

its two things:
1. negativity bias
2. you remember games, not the no# of toxic people
e.g. if only 5% of people are toxic, you'll see 1 toxic person approx every 2 games. but 1 toxic game every 2 games feels more like theres heaps of toxicity

Yeah I buy rageblade on everyone now

It's broken as hell

Interesting. Yea, I've seen some Kayle's and Udyr's absolutely decimate with it. A few others too. I haven't looked at the stats for the reworked item,but I figured it must be unusually good on like, every champ that has meaningful AD and AP abilities.

I wonder if I can make it work on Jayce. He has a couple of AP scaling abilities. Eh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom