• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope next patch does something about zhonyas

the price isn't so much of a problem as the build path

tbh i don't get why they didn't make it build off seekers+blasting wand and nerfed the ap on it.

that already would be great

Zhonyas is annoying and op. I like the idea that you don't see it on every mage now.

zkylon

zkylewd
ok ok back to regular scheduled boobs

3YkXDwkoqw4CuN7e

you know who to blame, neko

kenbo

sigh, time to turn off images on gaf

just got a facefull of chest at work, had to close this tab immediately

cant you post lewd pictures as a link

not everybody wants to see them all the time

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
sigh, time to turn off images on gaf

just got a facefull of chest at work, had to close this tab immediately

cant you post lewd pictures as a link

not everybody wants to see them all the time

There was an old greasemonkey script that turned every image on GAF into a clickable link. Might still be floating around. But yea only scrubs browse GAF with images or avatars on, it ain't worth the risk.

Ferga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvcC3WC7UMw

1:30 of what started out as thresh and I (malphite) trolling rex, and turned into thresh being a complete and total man. he had teemo levels of aggro.

I would like to quote this every page and remind myself of the time neko let me die right next to him because he was too busy taunting a kill.

Here I was thinking, "Oh Irelia's already dead. I'll go up and soak up some damage for my team to follow up."

I look back and see them dancing around.

kenbo

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueofle...and_spotv_will_be_broadcasting_two_different/
LCK to be split between OGN and SPOTV. They will broadcast different sets with specific start times (7pm set1, 9pm set2 for example). This way if set1 goes long, set2 wont be affected. If you wanted to watch both sets, well, sucked in.

- RIP KR
- RIP LoL
- Why don't they split EU and NA to be on the same day to be better for viewers then
- Rito are Hypocrites boo the Riot monopoly over KR EU and NA
- I want montedoa

here is riot's release:
http://www.leagueoflegends.co.kr/?m=news&cate=notice&mod=view&schwrd=&page=1&idx=252122
with translation: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1r_YfmMre2v0eqXGhD2ubs2D4bTYuXvTb3k7iFuXD3Ho/edit

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Riot fucked up the korean scene so bad.

subtles

No idea, but every decision Riot has made in the region since around the time they renamed it to LCK has made it less enjoyable for me.

Pancakes

Doa and Monte casting vs no name scrubs. OGN was doing a perfectly fine job.

kenbo

wait so no more monte and doa?

why would any english speakers world watch korea now then

you will have half as much montedoa

there's literally zero benefit to this

LITERALLY

there are some.
1. predictable scheduling
2. opportunity for other producers to prove themselves

Problem is, there is a better option imo:
I'd say fuck 1. and have SPOTV manage a B-tournament (like KESPA CUP) to prove themselves /shrug

I'd honestly rather not be forced to listen to that girl with the dyed hair make asinine colour commentary

zkylon

zkylewd
froskurinn is ok but she's a china fangirl, why would she go to korea

also it's a net negative for anyone that likes being entertained while watching league

doa and monte are probably the best caster duo that's ever gonna exist for league, cutting the amount of doa and monte in half is the worst

please dont let the fkn riot china guys cast korean games

they are 100x worse than monte doa and if I ever have to hear them cast something like KT vs SKT ill die a little inside

kenbo

Hello this is the CEO of Riot games Korea Sung Hyun Lee
Recently a lot of rumors and speculations have been rising up regarding the 2016 LCK's (LoL Champions Korea) broadcasting schedule. Riot Games has been in talks among our trio group (KeSPA, OGN, Riot Games) on how to improve the management quality for a long time, and we have been trying to best reflect our fan's feedbacks. And thus we would like to share our stance with the LoL eSports fans.
Riot Games is thinking about broadcasting a fraction of our '16 LCK matchups on a different broadcasting station SPOTV.
We realize that a lot of our fans have been giving us their opinions regarding the 2015 LCK’s management and league structure. The reason we decided to choose a double broadcast for the next year’s LCK Summer is, by doing this we will be able to improve on many of the aspects the fans have given their discomfort on. These are the possible improvements we expect.
Firstly, each matchup’s start time will be more definite. At the moment LCK’s structure is set up so that in the same day, two matchups would proceed back to back (Double Header), and this created a lot of problems. For example, the people that were only interested on watching the 2nd matchup had to keep waiting until the previous one ended. This kind of waiting especially became a problem for fans that have actually come to the arena to watch the games. Specially in weekdays, when games get really long, by the time 2nd matchup ends it would sometimes be past 11:59PM and the public transport system would end. Also, it became a problem for the player’s conditions as they had to wait a long time for the games to end.
If the two games are broadcasted at a separate channel the other matchup wouldn’t effect the other, and so each game would be able to start on their designated time. Sometimes the games would overlap, but we think that the benefit is bigger in this case.
Additionally, we will be able to schedule our games at a much better schedule. In the last LCK season, the games would proceed during Thursday 2PM because of OGN’s broadcast schedule. Games that take during the daytime would have much less viewers, and it was difficult for fans to come to the stadium to watch the games offline. The players have also raised their discomfort stating that this kind of schedule is different from their daily lifestyle pattern.
Dual broadcasting would provide a much flexible scheduling compared to single broadcasting, so we expect that it would be easier to schedule the games at a time where both the players and fans would prefer.
Finally, dual broadcasting structure holds a number of innate advantages. If the new broadcast’s production quality goes up quickly, the fans, yourselves, would be able to have two channels where you can watch high quality broadcasting (ayy wtf) Also looking at it from a long term perspective, competition between two broadcasting companies would result in LCK’s production quality steadily rising and upgrading. Few fans have shown concern of competition bringing a negative effect, but Riot Games will be helping out so that there would be a positive synergy between two broadcasting companies.
Some people have suggested that a simultaneous broadcast (Same game, two channels) would be better. We agree that simultaneous broadcasting has its benefits, but this whole matter is something to be looked with a long term plan and we will discuss amongst ourselves regarding this suggestion.
Of course we know that the change in broadcasting style wouldn’t fix every problem LCK has at the moment. A lot of fans have shown their disappointment that we (OGN, Riot, Kespa) haven’t been communicating to the fans regarding issues such as: the ticket purchase schedule, ticket price and various other offline viewing issues. Thus Riot Games will now on, take on a bigger responsibility in maintaining offline viewing, broadcasting structure, and the other LCK league management. Previously fan’s concerns and opinions would be sent only to the broadcasting companies but now we will be listening alongside so that LCK can reflect and improve upon them.
Importantly, we acknowledge that a lot of fans have raised questions regarding SPOTV’s competence as a LCK’s co-broadcasting company. Especially there have been a number of feedback stating that SPOTV’s LoL broadcasting was lacking in areas such as the caster’s quality, production quality and etc. However SPOTV is Korea’s only broadcasting company focusing on Sports and we are confident that they will be able to apply their experience broadcasting sports into eSports. They also have a history of hosting tournaments for a wide variety of games, so we high expectations on their growth and potential.
However we, Riot Games, have taken our fan’s worries genuinely, and we are set on raising LCK’s production quality even if it would take more time. So SPOTV’s co-broadcasting would start in LCK Summer instead of Spring. During this time Riot Games will be working with SPOTV in recruiting a talented Korean/English translator, build on Broadcasting infrastructures, and focus on data analysis.
We would also like to give an explanation regarding how fans are viewing Riot Games and OGN’s relationship as competitors. OGN has been the leader in Esport’s growth until now, and have given fans an exceptional Esports experience worthy of being our beloved partner. So to build on our partnership we have been requesting OGN that they will have the broadcasting rights to all of LCK’s important matches like the playoffs and the finals and also major global tournaments such as the World Championship.
The reason for expressing our stance wasn’t to steal someone’s ball or split it, but to make Esport’s future together along with everyone. We consider everyone involved in Esports whether it be KeSPA, OGN, Pro teams and other Esports organizations and personalities, that they are our companions. And in this companionship Riot Games has been consistently showing our effort to improve Esports both in the qualitative side and the quantitative side (Providing pro teams with minimum pay, providing prize money and production fees, etc)
I have said in last year November in the Korean eSports Awards ceremony, “Esports has existed in Korea for a long time, and because of that LoL Esports was able to grow. League of Legends will consistently be seeking out ways we can contribute to the Korean Esports scene.”
Riot Games believes Korean Esports, not just League of Legends, has the potential to keep growing. However to raise the possibility of that we need not stay still and be contempt with what we have, but keep challenging ourselves to change and improve not just in game but also outside the game. Of course in this process we will make sure to respect our fan’s opinions the most and take them with a novel manner.
We thank the Esports fan’s continued love and concern.
Thank you.

shud prob read dat bfore making complaints

Tizoc

never played Sejuani before. made this feel all the more better. who needs adcs anyway

Everything was crit lol.
If you're ever ahead consider getting a Guise on Seju, it's more of a troll item, although because all her abilities are AP damage, it'll HAVE HER Abilities deal a good chunk of damage.

LuuKyK

The Lux Sailor Moon skin is on sale. SO BOUGHT.

fake edit: It looks awesome! First match and already dominated another regular skin Lux. That Sailor Moon's impact.

JulianImp

That's funny, because I just used my gifted RP to get Sailor Lux as well.

Now I've got to save IP to get Bard so I can buy the winter skin later; then I'll be able to play Bard and get flamed for sucking, but with style.

zkylon

zkylewd
One of the best skins ever! Hated most of the Lux skins until this one came out, because most of em were so military based. This one is just cuteness overload. :>

it's great cos it replaces her shitty regular dance with a cool one

and then she also dances when she backs

that's like kpop ahri levels of good

Fracas

#fuckonami
Quas is a great player, shame to see him go. Would have liked to see him develop further.

Hope he finds what he's looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom