• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenbo

when will riot add skill to minion manipulation

ALSO:

Caitlyn
Headshot (Passive) now 6 stacks at all levels from 7/6/5
FoAOmOY.png

zkylon

zkylewd
PAk80BC.jpg

sjokz was at the vgas

also call of duty and csgo teams won the esports categories

guys pls u had to vote

we had this in the bag

monte also didn't win "trending gamer" award lol

cHinzo

it's great cos it replaces her shitty regular dance with a cool one

and then she also dances when she backs

that's like kpop ahri levels of good
Got them both and they are my favourite skins. :D only sad thing is that I don't play the champions as often as I would like.

killatopak

Gold Member
It would be dota if you can creep block completely and make the enemy wave hit your tower as well as pulling neutral monsters to your minions.

Really glad they're reverting the changes though. I wish they'd make tower a bit weaker because right now it's pretty hard to punish tp top laners or tanks. Sooner or later it'll be season 5ish levels again.

Bacon

The minion block is really rough for melee top laners. You can literally just get completely blocked from getting cs at times. Glad it's getting fixed.

Moonlight

Banned
Started playing League a little while ago. Wasn't sure if I liked it for a few matches, but I think I've finally settled in on the characters I like to use, and I've been doing okayish in the solo queue. At the very least, I'm over the initial learning curve I think. Mostly rolling with Soraka and Shyvana, and doing especially okay with Shyvana. Love both of their movesets, and they're not complicated at all to handle on top of that.

Been poking my head around guides and even started watching a couple pro matches, but is there a good resource for understanding more about how the game goes besides just playing more of it?

Tizoc

If you guys are patient you can wait until December 23rd through January 7th as purchasing a legendary skin (including DT Tristana) will get you a free mystery skin.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/page/snowdown-coming#legendary

And yea legendaries never had release discounts.

OK thanks for the info.

Ah the bonus RP ends on the 8th!
Will Syndra, Bard and Gnar skins be bundled together?
Gotta know this so i can plan my purchase, since I want to get enough RP for
1- Getting at least snow gnar and bard
2- Dragon Rider Trist
3- That penguin ward, shut up it's cute!

My friend asked me to gift him snow Bard, should I gift him the skin or RP to get it? Which one would give something back to me?

kenbo

OK thanks for the info.

Ah the bonus RP ends on the 8th!
Will Syndra, Bard and Gnar skins be bundled together?
Gotta know this so i can plan my purchase, since I want to get enough RP for
1- Getting at least snow gnar and bard
2- Dragon Rider Trist
3- That penguin ward, shut up it's cute!

My friend asked me to gift him snow Bard, should I gift him the skin or RP to get it? Which one would give something back to me?
The snowdown 2015 skins don't seem to be in the bundles list at the bottom of the promo page so don't count on it

Gifting rp or the skin shouldn't make a difference. Sometimes there is an icon reward but this time there isn't.

Started playing League a little while ago. Wasn't sure if I liked it for a few matches, but I think I've finally settled in on the characters I like to use, and I've been doing okayish in the solo queue. At the very least, I'm over the initial learning curve I think. Mostly rolling with Soraka and Shyvana, and doing especially okay with Shyvana. Love both of their movesets, and they're not complicated at all to handle on top of that.

Been poking my head around guides and even started watching a couple pro matches, but is there a good resource for understanding more about how the game goes besides just playing more of it?
The guide will depend on what level you are

If you're below level 10 I'd just yeah, recommend you "just play" so you get used to all the champions and moving around/camera/skillshoiting/farming

Moonlight

Banned
The guide will depend on what level you are

If you're below level 10 I'd just yeah, recommend you "just play" so you get used to all the champions and moving around/camera/skillshoiting/farming
Oh yeah, still just level 7. Guess I'll just keep messing around then.

jerd

There's a lot to learn but also a lot of time before you hit 30. One big thing is it's just as important to know what everyone else's guy does as it is to know your own so def just play around and pay attention to champion abilities to learn what they do/look like. If you are ever confused about what an ability does or anything you can just google "(champion name) wiki" and you'll get a page that tells you everything you could want to know about that champ. I still do this all the time to check cooldowns and mana costs and junk.

Once you understand the game a bit you can start moving towards other resources but fit now I'd say just enjoy not knowing wtf is going on otherwise you'll be overwhelmed really fast

Also if you're on NA you can add me if you ever have questions. jerdpen is my ign. I'm far from the best but i can get you started on some basics

If anyone is giving you a bad time (trashtalking, negative), just mute them. Don't bother arguing with them.

Also, you should avoid Twisted Treeline, ARAM and Dominion. They're just botfests pre-30.

killatopak

Gold Member
I recommend trying out a lot of champions and once a champion clicks with you just play that one often.

By maining a champion, you get to learn faster because you get more proficient with that said champ, learning the match ups as well learning the lane faster and item builds too.

Due to the fact that you don't need to constantly learn how to play something else, you get to focus on the general side of the game like objectives, when to back, last hitting and other stuff.

cHinzo

If anyone is giving you a bad time (trashtalking, negative), just mute them. Don't bother arguing with them.

Also, you should avoid Twisted Treeline, ARAM and Dominion. They're just botfests pre-30.
To be fair, ARAM is a great mode to test champion's you've never played before imo, since u get all the skills at the start of the game and there is no need to CS. Perfect place to just test out champion's abilities.

wait i just reread the 5.22 patch notes because a friend was asking

they completely gutted ashe, wtf

I am reading it right, correct? she doesnt do bonus damage anymore? just slows people?

Trickster

Could someone explain how to make good use of AP carries compared to AD carries? i've tried out heroes like Jinx and Vayne, and I've found them to not really feel that strong. Their dmg output have seemed pretty low until 30 minutes into a game. Conversely, I've also tried Lux, who just seems infinitely more powerful and easier to farm with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom