• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerd

Both of the adcs you mentioned are straight hypercarries. Another part of it probably has to do with how efficiently you're farming and what you're building because you should be hitting big power spikes before that, but yeah vayne and jinx are meant to be late game monsters. Very few adcs will feel super strong early outside of maybe like graves

Lol neacey is so full of shit in general that i can't take anything he says seriously

Nobody gets banned for "calling someone out for not trying" and comparing lyte to pc police doesn't exactly help his argument

Trickster

Both of the adcs you mentioned are straight hypercarries. Another part of it probably has to do with how efficiently you're farming and what you're building because you should be hitting big power spikes before that, but yeah vayne and jinx are meant to be late game monsters. Very few adcs will feel super strong early outside of maybe like graves

Okay, I guess that explains it. And yeah, I'm definitely not great at farming in LoL, I see pro players have like 500 kills lategame, while I have maybe 180

jerd

It def takes time and practice. It's not something that comes easy bc there are like 100 things to think about in addition to farming.

wait i just reread the 5.22 patch notes because a friend was asking

they completely gutted ashe, wtf

I am reading it right, correct? she doesnt do bonus damage anymore? just slows people?

I'm pretty sure that's to balance out the mastery that gives increased dmg to slowed individuals.

EDIT: Also thankgod for the rageblade cost increase. That items is stupid strong right now. I'm actually more annoyed they didn't just flat out nerf it.

Ashe's passive and Q were changed so she doesn't just shit on people with guaranteed Warlord procs, Shiv crits, Runaan crits that slow everyone and almost instantly turn on her Q, among other things.

Quonny

RJEKN5l.png

gg riot

should last another two years

jerd

What's are typical build paths for adcs these days? Isn't the standard early like bf to a zeal item or something?

What's are typical build paths for adcs these days? Isn't the standard early like bf to a zeal item or something?
IE/ER ADCs = BF, Cauliflower Hammer or Pickaxe, whatever you can afford, get a Shiv, zerker greaves, finish your IE/ER then go from there depending of what you need.
Trinity ADCs can go Trinity into Reaver. Twitch goes Ghostblade rush into Hurricane. Vayne goes Shiv into Cannon. No idea of what Kalista players are building these days.

Okay, I guess that explains it. And yeah, I'm definitely not great at farming in LoL, I see pro players have like 500 kills lategame, while I have maybe 180

It def takes time and practice. It's not something that comes easy bc there are like 100 things to think about in addition to farming.

Another thing to keep in mind is most pro games have extended farming phases with more poke and less all-in aggression.

In most normal games, from my experience, the enemy bot lane duo is just going to go into super-aggressive mode right from the first minute and try to kill you constantly, sacrificing farm as a trade-off because they're desperate to snowball at 5 minutes in. You can play against that, though.

IE/ER ADCs = BF, Cauliflower Hammer or Pickaxe, whatever you can afford, get a Shiv, zerker greaves, finish your IE/ER then go from there depending of what you need.
Trinity ADCs can go Trinity into Reaver. Twitch goes Ghostblade rush into Hurricane. Vayne goes Shiv into Cannon. No idea of what Kalista players are building these days.

I went BF, Hammer, Shiv, IE, ER, Cannon last night on Sivir and it worked out well. Been using a similar pattern for Ashe, Jinx and Tristana and its worked well. I've also been holding back on Greaves now until my first two items are done if I need to.

If you're an IE carry you don't really have a reason to get ER, specially if you're going Shiv Cannon.

Zerker's is more important than finishing your BF item because attack speed is harder to come by and it synergizes with Fervor better, most of the time it's better to finish it second.

jerd

I've had no desire to buy any of the recent skins :-/

Have been sitting on 2k RP for a while and just went ahead and bought the 2 Ekko skins since one is on sale and he's practically all I play. Hopefully they give me a new noc skin or maybe sion soon. I love olaf but couldnt see myself using marauder over pentakill.

I miss pumping money into a pointless game

garath

I've had no desire to buy any of the recent skins :-/

Have been sitting on 2k RP for a while and just went ahead and bought the 2 Ekko skins since one is on sale and he's practically all I play. Hopefully they give me a new noc skin or maybe sion soon. I love olaf but couldnt see myself using marauder over pentakill.

I miss pumping money into a pointless game

You like the sandstorm ekko skin? I was undecided. I play ekko a lot now and would love a good skin.

Remember guys.

This is a free to play game.

$8000 USD free.

jerd

You like the sandstorm ekko skin? I was undecided. I play ekko a lot now and would love a good skin.

$8000 USD free.

Bleh idk man honestly i like the model better than the particles which is rare for me. I think it's just OK but with academy having just come out i don't think we'll get another high tier ekko skin for a while

garath

Bleh idk man honestly i like the model better than the particles which is rare for me. I think it's just OK but with academy having just come out i don't think we'll get another high tier ekko skin for a while

That makes me sad. Then again I'm still waiting for a khazix skin better than mecha too. Long wait :)

Trickster

$8000 USD free.

Is that around the full price of all the characters and skins?

Edit - Skin related question, I've bought one cheap hero, and she has a skin that just says "unavailable" in the area where price is displayed for the other skins, what's up with that?

Is that around the full price of all the characters and skins?

Edit - Skin related question, I've bought one cheap hero, and she has a skin that just says "unavailable" in the area where price is displayed for the other skins, what's up with that?
Some skins have limited avaiability. Old skins come back for sale from time to time, seasonal skins come back for sale during their events - Halloween, Christmas - and then there's a handful of limited skins that are either ranked rewards and will never be sold or simply limited and will likely not come back.

zkylon

zkylewd
i was thinking of grabbing 4k rp on the bonus rp thing but indivisible+psychonauts 2 means no money for rito

i'm prolly just gonna get 650 since im just 12rp shy from the syndra skin, and that's it

also there's a really good post from phreak on reddit on the whole lck situation that it's worth quoting if someone else can, and there's also the kespa statement that kind of throws ogn under the bus as well. it's an interesting discussion, more interesting than i thought it'd be, where there's like things like breaking ogn's monopoly is probably overall good, but also that losing monte and doa is gonna be awful for most of the ppl that like lck already. kespa also saying that ogn is bullshitting with the "unilateral decision" stuff, so it's just a messy situation on all sides.

zkylon

zkylewd
Are there any pro LoL going on this weekend? I have no idea where to find information about scheduling

all stars is next weekend, i'll have a thread up for that. that's on the 10th through the 13th of this month

i dunno what we're gonna do for iem, maybe a really quick thread since no one cares about iem anyways lol

when competitive league actual starts we'll have a thread up with the dates and everything

for now just try the lolesports page, i forgot the url but just google lolesports and you should find some info there

Trickster

Okay thanks guys

Edit - Actually, I have another question! How good is the current RP bonus deal compared to other times when you get bonus RP? Also how often do they tend to give you bonus RP?

zkylon

zkylewd
Okay thanks guys

Edit - Actually, I have another question! How good is the current RP bonus deal compared to other times when you get bonus RP? Also how often do they tend to give you bonus RP?

bonus rp deals are always the same (as in, 2x bonus rp)

honestly they're not very good deals if you go under like 3k rp i think? it's just a negligible bonus, like 80 more rp or like 160 or something, that's pretty much nothing considering most skins are 975+ (i mean, there's a good deal of 750rp skins but they're kinda meh)

and it's not very often, maybe like 3 or 4 times tops a year?

Bonus RP is kinda once or twice a year isn't it?
i think it's usually 3, tho it depends on the region as well

Nekofrog

Banned
i was thinking of grabbing 4k rp on the bonus rp thing but indivisible+psychonauts 2 means no money for rito

i'm prolly just gonna get 650 since im just 12rp shy from the syndra skin, and that's it

also there's a really good post from phreak on reddit on the whole lck situation that it's worth quoting if someone else can, and there's also the kespa statement that kind of throws ogn under the bus as well. it's an interesting discussion, more interesting than i thought it'd be, where there's like things like breaking ogn's monopoly is probably overall good, but also that losing monte and doa is gonna be awful for most of the ppl that like lck already. kespa also saying that ogn is bullshitting with the "unilateral decision" stuff, so it's just a messy situation on all sides.

Phreaks post is unadulterated corporate schmuck garbage that was torn to pieces already

Trickster

Thanks again for the quick replies guys, very helpful for a noob like me. Will probably go ahead and buy the biggest pack then and get the 2.5k bonus rp

zkylon

zkylewd
Phreaks post is unadulterated corporate schmuck garbage that was torn to pieces already
not saying phreak is right about everything, just saying there's more to the conversation than rito bullying ogn because they like losing money

Thanks again for the quick replies guys, very helpful for a noob like me. Will probably go ahead and buy the biggest pack then and get the 2.5k bonus rp
dunno how long have u been playing but if not logn then maybe hold up to buy rp

zkylon

zkylewd
all of that's a mystery i guess.

getting half (if that, i wouldn't be surprised if doa goes "fuck it" and just moves on to other games) of doa and monte's gonna suck that's for sure

also yesterday i found out monte also casts vainglory which i find hilarious

zkylon

zkylewd
i guess alphadraft alone doesn't pay the bills lol

doa i can understand cos he casts like hearthstone and everything but monte being into vainglory is kind of hilarious

then again i'm basing this off one tweet so take it with a grain of salt

Nekofrog

Banned
one thing i like about thorin is how with each progressive video he's forcing himself to go deeper and deeper into the alpha draft plug. it's hilarious.

Trickster

Just had my first game where I went full support mode. I tried Soraka.

lBYwEDm.gif

This character is broken currently, right? Because goddamn that was not fair for the other team, at all.

Also, she is only 450 IP, so I unlocked the shit out of her immediately after the game, hero nr 2 get.

Just had my first game where I went full support mode. I tried Soraka.

lBYwEDm.gif

This character is broken currently, right? Because goddamn that was not fair for the other team, at all.

Also, she is only 450 IP, so I unlocked the shit out of her immediately after the game, hero nr 2 get.
Yeah she is really strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom