• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

yeah I fully 110% agree Taric looks like total crap. Riot got some artists with strange ideas. Got carried away with the gems. Guess the artist that made him must really love diamonds lol

I'm confused-- why are they reworking Taric? He's one of the top supports (at least in lower elo).

Shouldn't they be reworking characters no one gives two shats bout like Yorick / Galic / etc? So many unknown heroes and yet they persist in reworking the popular champs
I would not say taric is popular I haven't see one in ages. Also he is just terrible, point and click stun, a heal , a armor reduce and a aoe buff.
Gallio and yorick are a bit better than him.

also worst skins in the game

only bad because fifth age doesn't have a cape

add cape 2k16

I think riot has said that taric is next up for a "sion level" update. We have no real intel on yorick, besides the fact that they had some changes planned a while back and then scrapped them, so he's presumably still being worked on.

patchday

I would not say taric is popular I haven't see one in ages. Also he is just terrible, point and click stun, a heal , a armor reduce and a aoe buff.
Gallio and yorick are a bit better than him.

surely you jest Taric is the shitznit right now. His win rate totally stomps on those unknowns

link: http://na.op.gg/statistics/champion/

Taric is #15. Yorick is at the bottom of the river

edit: btw set it to my division (Silver). Don't go setting it to Challenger who knows what crazy supernatural kits they got going

Ferga

Trying out poppy...

Her passive just goes anywhere it wants. What in the world...

Edit: I just had her buckler go over a wall....

surely you jest Taric is the shitznit right now. His win rate totally stomps on those unknowns

link: http://na.op.gg/statistics/champion/

Taric is #15. Yorick is at the bottom of the river

edit: btw set it to my division (Silver). Don't go setting it to Challenger who knows what crazy supernatural kits they got going
Well there are much less people playing him so it is a smaller sample size, compared to more popular champs.

patchday

Well there are much less people playing him so it is a smaller sample size, compared to more popular champs.

I can say the same for Yorick tho and hes still bad (for climbing rank in my elo).

edit: To be fair tho I looked at LoL's champion list. I can only call out less than a handful of guys I never see. I'm just salty Taric getting reworked.

I'm more of a Syndra player, but the Bard skin is way better. Think I'll have to go with that.

btw, why are all of Ori's skins so ugly and emo apart from Winter Wonder? wtf Riot.

Bacon

Taric might be the most boring champion in the game. A point and click stun ability just should no longer exist in league of legends. Definitely looking forward to that rework.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Taric might be the most boring champion in the game. A point and click stun ability just should no longer exist in league of legends. Definitely looking forward to that rework.
I don't really find the point and click stun to be what can hurt my Taric experience. The part about Taric that can get to be dull is the very, very slow missile speed of the stun on top of the requirement for Taric to be on enemies to truly let his burst out. Without many options for increased movement you can really lose out on ways to force fights, which means that you can't ever really accomplish what you want to. When you get shut out of being able to use your R+W combo you wind up in a situation where you're stuck as an armor buff and off healer.

jerd

At least his passive if interactive. Warwick is the true definition of dull

zkylon

zkylewd
blakinola? he's alive but i never really liked his rundown series

had really long replies to some of the earlier posts but my internet went down and lost them

isps are the worst

ew crunchyroll premium ads

honestly whenever i play ranked with newt i feel like this.
NosejzH.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
btw do u guise think the worlds numbers thing thread worthy?

sounds like a fun thing to brag about and it's been a while since we've hurt each other's feelings

kenbo

btw do u guise think the worlds numbers thing thread worthy?

sounds like a fun thing to brag about and it's been a while since we've hurt each other's feelings

Tharp made a thread but then it died a horrible death

Dota doesnt try to compete anymore anyway, I think they gave up

dimb

I cannot say that I found this discussion very promising for the near future. The new mastery system feels limited in options but at the same time requires more maintenance than I really desire to deal with. I don't want to be switching up my mastery options before every game because I don't find the choices interesting.

I'm also really not fond of how stuff is getting balanced almost preemptively around these masteries, and how masteries are being used to control balance instead of item changes. I don't really care what the winrates are showing, but it doesn't seem like pick rate is really being taken into account enough. Lee Sin seems way too pervasive to me, but instead it's Hecarim that gets hit with a double nerf, who has his playstyle labeled as "oppressive" when his burst doesn't really seem that out of range with what other similar champions are capable of. And then you get huge HP nerfs on top of the unit collision change, which I always imagined was partly in place because of how awkward Hecarim's horse body model would be with unit collision.

Meanwhile other champions seem like they're walking around in circles on changes. I'm sure Nidalee players would rather see more reliable spears that come out responsively without a cast time than getting damage back on the javelin.

kenbo

How I feel about Masteries notwithstanding, lower cast time spears make her long range spears deadlier while not improving her jungle clear

I also feel sorry for Hecarim players

zkylon

zkylewd
Not if they keep pumping out skins and pachislot mystery chests for people to buy.
i'm a pachislut for the skin pachislot

I cannot say that I found this discussion very promising for the near future. The new mastery system feels limited in options but at the same time requires more maintenance than I really desire to deal with. I don't want to be switching up my mastery options before every game because I don't find the choices interesting.
yeah, i agree

nothing about the keystones has felt like progress compared to the old system and it is troubling that the masteries are what the game's being balanced around, specially when you're not really choosing anything, there's a keystone for each type of champion and do what you can with the tree you got

dimb

I realize clear is a problem for Nidalee, but I also feel like champion feel should always be a priority. Bumping the damage up, even if it's just a little, starts to head back to where the ability was before with its frustrating damage spikes.

It's like when they're talking about Soraka on this recent video sort of. Pulling Soraka's offensive damage away is probably just going to make her even less fun to play without solving the frustrating situations she can introduce to games. Does Soraka really see that much returned sustain from her harass pattern, or does it come from Coin, an obvious problem item that rewards complete passivity. These changes almost ignore what the rework brought to begin with. A timing window based heal that provides armor/magic resistance still just seems like a better ability to base a kit around than whatever the heck her heal has become.

Man, that Bard skin is fantastic. Feels like it should be 1820. Little things I didn't even notice in videos like his ice skating walk animation and turning into a penguin inside your magical journeys. Top notch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom