• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthuk

At least 5 champs are viewed as OP in low elo, just cause people don't really care to counter them. Brand,lee sin,rengar,jax,yasuo,zed,lb,garen cause a lot of trouble because teams don't really work together.
All it takes is takes to realise they are not OP is to try them out yourself. And I still can't play most of them but ,hell, I'm not getting close to teammates when a brand is ultying.
But getting angry at riot and people is cooler.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah it was probably an above average yasou vs a crappy mids. He kinda had the shaco thing where when you ever have a shaco he is shit but on the other team he is amazing. How is shaco right now i might pick him up, of another adc.
i've had really good luck with shacos in my life and most of the times i'm on the team with the godly shaco

At least 5 champs are viewed as OP in low elo, just cause people don't really care to counter them. Brand,lee sin,rengar,jax,yasuo,zed,lb,garen cause a lot of trouble because teams don't really work together.
All it takes is takes to realise they are not OP is to try them out yourself. And I still can't play most of them but ,hell, I'm not getting close to teammates when a brand is ultying.
But getting angry at riot and people is cooler.
that's a really simplistic way of seeing things and not exactly correct

league's a game about windows of power and realizing when is the enemy is weak and when you're strong is a really big thing that takes a while in understanding thanks to the insane number of combinations of champions and items. a problem i think most people and specially low elo people have is appreciating champions by their windows of powers alone. so the way you see leblanc is "she's op because she 100-0'd me with one combo". you don't see that she's basically nothing when her w is down or that she offers little utility and waveclear, etc.

usually champions that are op or just plain bad design have either really frustrating windows of power (old lebonk with her q silence) or just don't have enough moments in between those windows of power that allow for counterplay (tahm kench's low cd devour)

your list of champions is a mix of champions that i very much think are numbers op (like brand) or poorly designed (rengar), but also champions that i feel like even if they're frustrating in their window of power moments they have enough room to play around (zed, leblanc, yasuo, lee)

but saying brand or jax aren't op and are just a low elo thing is kind of silly considering how much they benefitted from the preseason changes

The problem is that the latest mastery changes have pretty much made the ferocity tree completely useless. Which is dumb. I really didn't think anything was too OP last patch, so I don't know why it all got gutted.
i'm pretty sure fervor was pretty op last patch, but lots of ppl were still using bloodlust so it wasn't as noticeable

i think masteries in general are in a pretty bad spot, they're not any more fun than before and they're dictating the meta way too much

Nekofrog

Banned
because?

it's not a hard concept to grasp. it wasn't a requirement to take it, because it wasn't OP. you could still use the other ones. now if you use fervor you're at a distinct disadvantage against those using thunderlord

i went thunderlord irelia in that game i got super fed in that picture i posted earlier last night because the damage is stupid. THAT is OP because the alternatives aren't really viable vs it.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Yeah I think fervor was fine. It had an interesting dynamic to it, regarding trades.

Now that tree is borderline useless. Thunderlord seems a lot better (and it was fkin awesome in the Lucian game I played last night)

faridmon

Bloody hell, the nerf on Kindered is real. Now he is a champ that only relies on stack in order to actually do well, since her sustain is ass.

Balthuk

but saying brand or jax aren't op and are just a low elo thing is kind of silly considering how much they benefitted from the preseason changes
I agree that some champs might be actually better than others, by simply comparing their numbers. My thinking is that neither my nor my gold and silver teammates' skills and game knowledge are probably enough to recognise such a thing.
Or it's not the only reason we are losing a fight.

That's why most of the time I die to a rango leaping on me playing adc I try not to blame his design or damage, rather my positioning/my team's peel.
But that's also me trying to be calm and not rage.

zkylon

zkylewd
those things are not mutually exclusive tho

you can have poor positioning and rengar can be a piece of shit terrible design champion

zkylon

zkylewd
i think his design is really poor in every way (he has three freaking passives, lots of annoying healing/jumping/rooting mechanics, the invisibility+burst+superspeed+sees through walls combination, absolute garbage when behind, really high skill floor because his only success case is doing very frustrating no-counterplay gameplay, has been nerfed a million times) and he's a really strong and popular jungler right now

edit: also he's ugly and his spells are really basic and boring. empowered auto, pbaoe heal, linear slow, that's such a lame ass kit

I am having bad time classifying an animal like that :/

lol
just look at kindred's butt, get aroused and find solace at whatever name u wanna call him, her, them, it

zkylon

zkylewd
what actually would be incredibly cool but also terribly complicated is that rengar got an unique buff for every champion he kills. and by unique i mean unique to that champion

like say killing ashe makes his q also apply a slow, killing lux makes his bola pass through one enemy, etc.

sounds a nightmare to balance, but also really fun to think of ideas

a less insane version would be to just make these buffs class-oriented. so if he kills a mage he gets a bit of magic dmg on his q and w, if he kills an adc he gets a bit extra range on his autos or a mini thornmail, etc.

Fracas

#fuckonami
what actually would be incredibly cool but also terribly complicated is that rengar got an unique buff for every champion he kills. and by unique i mean unique to that champion

like say killing ashe makes his q also apply a slow, killing lux makes his bola pass through one enemy, etc.

sounds a nightmare to balance, but also really fun to think of ideas

a less insane version would be to just make these buffs class-oriented. so if he kills a mage he gets a bit of magic dmg on his q and w, if he kills an adc he gets a bit extra range on his autos or a mini thornmail, etc.

That'd be really cool! The rest of his kit needs a rework too. He's a one-trick pony with little counterplay and comes out either feast or famine.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think he also kind of fits the same creative space as nidalee as some sort of jungle hunter beast thing, so you can't even think of that many ideas that wouldn't just apply to nidalee

he has the predator thing going on with the trophees and the bolas and the invisibility, i guess

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah the more i think about it the more i'm convinced he needs a poppy like rework, just throw everything out and start over

looking at rengar he's just a collection of poorer versions of other champion's spells and concepts, eve's invisibility, nidalee's brush interaction and character concept, kindred's headhunting passive, renekton's empowered spelluse, reksai's see-thorugh vision

i will fite u
tf5hsxq0dqd8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom