• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Heimerdinger (Statistically the best champ in the game)
2. Kog'Maw (Does not actually have a daddy)
3. Sona (Breast champion)
4. Zombie Brand (Better than Fire Brand)
5. Jinx (Short hair >>> Pigtails)

zkylon

zkylewd
Double Targons
Taric is not Crash
Feral Flare
wasn't as bad as this

the problem isn't so much about op stuff, it's that changes in previous seasons were fun and exciting while this season is very ehh and feels like it shouldn't have been as disruptive as it was

season 5 was a lot smoother

Season 5 was smoother because they changed basically nothing which led Riot to have to address stuff like jungle tanks, farm junglers and immobile bruisers mid season and look how that turned out.

And even then we still had to deal with bullshit like Warwick.

zkylon

zkylewd
Season 5 was smoother because they changed basically nothing which led Riot to have to address stuff like jungle tanks, farm junglers and immobile bruisers mid season and look how that turned out.

And even then we still had to deal with bullshit like Warwick.

baron/dragon/scuttler was a pretty big deal and even on really disruptive preseasons like s3 there was a lot of bullshit mid season too as i'm sure there will be this year

like i said this year is just kinda lame, rift herald sounded a lot better in theory than actually turned out to be and masteries so far have been a much bigger headache than they're worth

adc stuff is fine i guess but considering how much stuff rito has done mid-season it's nothing specially amazing

Nekofrog

Banned
the reward for rift herald isn't good enough to warrant getting it unless there is literally nothing else to do on the map.

with the amount of damage it does right now, if you get caught by even one person, whoever is tanking it is probably going to die

To be fair, preseason is all about finding out new tricks and techniques. Maybe someone will churn out a weird optimization that turns an underlooked champ super OP.

the reward for rift herald isn't good enough to warrant getting it unless there is literally nothing else to do on the map.

with the amount of damage it does right now, if you get caught by even one person, whoever is tanking it is probably going to die
Yeah, it's basically a super risky old drag that gives half as many rewards. I don't think I've found room to do harold once in my preseason jungle games

Newt

Rift herald buff is good imo, it just does too much damage atm. Like it's twice as tough as drag.
Yeah, it's basically a super risky old drag that gives half as many rewards. I don't think I've found room to do harold once in my preseason jungle games
Harold?
file_177539_0_Harold_and_Kumar.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
ok i just saw the salty eu thread on reddit

i mean, it's kind of absolutely hilarious for riot to do that page lmao

feels like legit trolling, gj rito

ok i just saw the salty eu thread on reddit

i mean, it's kind of absolutely hilarious for riot to do that page lmao

feels like legit trolling, gj rito

wonder why you think that. I mean, we wanted to say thanks to our EU players and highlight some of the cool things they did.

It's not a "we did a great job!!!" post, it's a "you are a great community and did awesome stuff this year that we want to highlight cos we appreciate it"

The idea that it's some sort of back-patting post is spawned from people who very clearly didn't read it.

zkylon

zkylewd
wonder why you think that. I mean, we wanted to say thanks to our EU players and highlight some of the cool things they did.

It's not a "we did a great job!!!" post, it's a "you are a great community and did awesome stuff this year that we want to highlight cos we appreciate it"

The idea that it's some sort of back-patting post is spawned from people who very clearly didn't read it.

it's got nothing to do with the content, it's just the hilarious riot clueless style of pr in action of really bad timing, coming hot from the lcs changes that the community mostly sees as a slap to the face of eu

i mean, i don't find it insulting or anything, i just find it funny

Tencent owns riot now. fully.
this wouldn't be creepy as hell if i hadn't seen the latest extra credits episode

Well they owned like 92-93% before, what's is another 6-7%?
yeah, it's no big change

i guess

still

creepy giant chinese corporation spending lots of money

always creepy

well, the community is not just people on Reddit complaining about changes they haven't seen in action yet.

As for timing, it's coming to the end of 2015 for Riot so we wanted to thank players before we wrapped up for Christmas. It's just a thank you gesture attached to a promise to make 2016 better.

Ahh well. Just gotta make 2016 better so people aren't pissed off about stuff!

zkylon

zkylewd
i can understand the community in general not being represented by reddit, reddit is only one part of the most rabid, venom-spewing fanbase, but how much bigger is the league esports community than reddit, cos isn't the league subreddit absolutely huge for gaming standards? i guess there's team liquid and inven and china stuff, but not sure if the koreans and the chinese care about eu, so i'm not so sure if the eu esports stuff can be chalked up only to "ahh it's just reddit, those guys are mad about everything!"

personally i don't have much an opinion on bo2s vs bo3s, although i do find that eu being on weekdays means i can't watch as many games of eu as i can from na, for obvious reasons. tho na kind of bought all the players from my favorite eu team so whatever

the thanks eu stuff i just thought it was funny, clearly it was a well intentioned thing that 99% of the players that read it found it be ok

PSqueak

Banned
Quick question LOL GAF, since you're the only place i thought i could get a reliable quick answer at.

Does anybody knows if Mexican prepaid cards for Riot Points work for the NA server? Im asking cause i was gonna get some mystery skins for a friend in the NA server but am not sure 100% if they work, kinda getting contradictory information from the card itself (checked it on the store) and the in game store.

well, the community is not just people on Reddit complaining about changes they haven't seen in action yet.

As for timing, it's coming to the end of 2015 for Riot so we wanted to thank players before we wrapped up for Christmas. It's just a thank you gesture attached to a promise to make 2016 better.

Ahh well. Just gotta make 2016 better so people aren't pissed off about stuff!

you know how you can make it better costy

by releasing dragon master swain soon

zkylon

zkylewd
rito announced that next lcs season will be on a new format, with na having bo3s and 3 days a week (two of them being on the weekend) while eu will be bo2s and 2 week days

lots of eu redditors didn't like that

now rito makes a post saying thanks eu community, mostly focused on fanart, cosplay and other community stuff

reddit flips out cos reddit is reddit and reddit is the worst

rito announced that next lcs season will be on a new format, with na having bo3s and 3 days a week (two of them being on the weekend) while eu will be bo2s and 2 week days

lots of eu redditors didn't like that

now rito makes a post saying thanks eu community, mostly focused on fanart, cosplay and other community stuff

reddit flips out cos reddit is reddit and reddit is the worst

Hmmm

while that is shitty that riot is limiting the eu lcs , that's a well done troll by riot to put up a 'thank you eu' page afterwards, like they're saying farewell to eu lololol

kudos to riot for pissing off reddit. That's actually funny

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean, there was like two weeks between both things and the thank you stuff has nothing to do with esports and isn't meant to be a troll move or anything

but yeah, it's really freaking funny

Newt

I mean, who needs more games of Fnatic and Origen stomping the trash?

This isn't Season 4 where EU had good mid tier teams.

:^)

All your good players belong to NA.
image.php

zkylon

zkylewd
had to be fucking bandit sivir lmao

cIfsRmC.jpg

skin is as shit as its discount haha

i think this is fun and well done, didn't offer me any skins for champions i already got the best of (ori, lux, ahri) and recognized viktor and syndra as champions i play often. the others are weird, i don't play kog or sivir or velkoz too often but they're not bad choices i guess.

edit: nvm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom