• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

I'm late to the party but I don't really get the new poppy hate. She needs some tuning but the W is really functional and potent and the E is still very relevant in the meta even without the stun.

The W cool down is too long and the duration is probably too short for the whole oackage.. I could see making the speed up last longer than the gap blocking. Maybe that needs a buff.

The E is a gap closer and a peel tool. Comparing to alistar isn't great because his headbutt send people flying. Poppy E gets her in close for a Q and an auto even if she doesn't get the stun. So at a minimum you get some damage and a slow off. And couple that with the W, she is going to be able to stick to you solid for the next couple seconds.

Flashy plays can be made with E and Q. You can start the Q cast and flash it to land a surprise slow for example.

The ult is good. It can be used as a mini bard ult to knock people up quick or send half the team flying in a siege situation.

Poppy is really fun to play, I just wish that her Q didn't have reduced damage and that her passive trajectory made sense so you could actually have a way to predict where the shield will land. Sometimes you throw it and it lands so far you'll never get the chance to get it.

Ambition

lmao

iYyBMs6.png

Why doesn't he post here anymore?

TheFlow

Banned
I'm late to the party but I don't really get the new poppy hate. She needs some tuning but the W is really functional and potent and the E is still very relevant in the meta even without the stun.

The W cool down is too long and the duration is probably too short for the whole oackage.. I could see making the speed up last longer than the gap blocking. Maybe that needs a buff.

The E is a gap closer and a peel tool. Comparing to alistar isn't great because his headbutt send people flying. Poppy E gets her in close for a Q and an auto even if she doesn't get the stun. So at a minimum you get some damage and a slow off. And couple that with the W, she is going to be able to stick to you solid for the next couple seconds.

Flashy plays can be made with E and Q. You can start the Q cast and flash it to land a surprise slow for example.

The ult is good. It can be used as a mini bard ult to knock people up quick or send half the team flying in a siege situation.
I like to use poppy against jax and riven. I just build her tanky and farm till groupfights.

okay ty

if you're not snowballing but are playing reasonably well (let's say 2/0/2 @ 15 minutes, 100cs, RoA and boots running), what is the more appropriate offensive second item for him?

if ur not snowballing but farming well (that means like 0 0 0 100 cs @ 12) your second item is almost always zanyas hourglass

If you're 2/0/2 15 minutes in with decent farm as Kassadin you're snowballing

oh. I guess I've been snowballing.

if ur not snowballing but farming well (that means like 0 0 0 100 cs @ 12) your second item is almost always zanyas hourglass
oh....ok. yea, it's pretty rare that I don't have a kill or two by 15 minutes since I usually get fairly active around the time I secure the Catalyst...and even rarer that I'm having any trouble farming. But I do tend to fail to continue farming after awhile. I think I get a little *too* active. I might have 100cs @ 13 minutes but I might only have 125 @ 20 minutes because of the roaming and fighting. I need to work on that. Maybe set some farm milestones or something.

In the event that I am stuck in lane or am a bit behind (read: yasuo), I'll go second item hourglass.

ty again, gentlemen. up to rank 4 with him and feel good about every scenario EXCEPT yasuo. haven't seen a mid Cho or Jayce to have an opinion on that yet.

zkylon

zkylewd
you get more mr and you get mr shred on top of the ap, dunno why you would ignore those stats -__-

against someone like lux abyssal's great, against fizz you probably still wanna go zhonyas since it blocks out his ult, tho i imagine abyssal is still good

zkylon

zkylewd
i wonder why malphite isn't nerfed already, people are playing him more than riven and fiora ffs

there's so many champions to nerf i kind of feel sorry for riot

Nekofrog

Banned
malphite is one of those secret OPs that isn't really a secret, everyone knows he's OP but they just hate playing him because he's an even more boring version of maokai.

like at least maokai has a dash in his kit, that can sometimes be fun to use.

malphite hits the ground. and throws a rock. and can throw himself at the team every 2 minutes. so fun.

TheFlow

Banned
malphite is one of those secret OPs that isn't really a secret, everyone knows he's OP but they just hate playing him because he's an even more boring version of maokai.

malphite hits the ground. and throws a rock. and can throw himself at the team every 2 minutes. so fun.
malphite with the right team combo can basically steamroll every teamfight.

actually malphite plus yasou should be enough to win it all

garath

Poppy is really fun to play, I just wish that her Q didn't have reduced damage and that her passive trajectory made sense so you could actually have a way to predict where the shield will land. Sometimes you throw it and it lands so far you'll never get the chance to get it.

Oh yeah. Her passive pretty much just sucks. It lands in the most ridiculous spots and I might be missing some sort of visual indicator that it's up because I never know unless I look at the passive cool down.

Nekofrog

Banned
malphite with the right team combo can basically steamroll every teamfight.

actually malphite plus yasou should be enough to win it all

Yeah but who really wants to play that much malphite

A few weeks ago I was malphite vs mundo and it was the worst thing I've ever experienced inmy life. Ask Rex, I wouldn't stop complaining how bored I was all game even though we won

pigeon

Banned
Oh yeah. Her passive pretty much just sucks. It lands in the most ridiculous spots and I might be missing some sort of visual indicator that it's up because I never know unless I look at the passive cool down.

There's a buff icon, but it could really use some indicator on the champ.

Calvero

Banned

for getting that huge range on her next basic, i'd say it's fucking fair

Nekofrog

Banned
for getting that huge range on her next basic, i'd say it's fucking fair

poppy doesn't really care about the ranged auto once every 18 or whatever seconds. it doesnt help her outside of super rare super situational scenarios where all the planets line up and her one ranged auto actually does something.

her passive seems like one giant afterthought. like they redesigned her and said "oh wait we forgot about her passive. ehhhhhhhh give her a ranged auto on a long cooldown that drops a shield that she probably won't get anyway"

zkylon

zkylewd

problem is that that's just not true and as many ppl play malph as gp or riven right now

and say what you will about riven but i sure as hell prefer riven to malph or gangplank

Nekofrog

Banned
problem is that that's just not true and as many ppl play malph as gp or riven right now

and say what you will about riven but i sure as hell prefer riven to malph or gangplank

but do they enjoy it

do they actually pick malphite thinking "this is gonna be a FUN lane!"

or do they do it because they know it's too strong to not pick.

cHinzo

sorry! i kind of sounded like a dick. i think my first penta was with yi. when I first started playing he was the only champ i played for awhile. he was so noob friendly.
My first penta was also with Yi, but it was the old AP Yi in season 2. He was such a pentakill machine. :D
but do they enjoy it

Nobody picks Malphite to have fun except if it was the old AD Malphite. I didn't pick jungle Kayle in Season 3 to have fun, but that 87% winrate though. Almost fell asleep playing her. -_-

killatopak

Gold Member
but do they enjoy it

I do have a friend who is a diamond malphite main since season 3. I don't think he would play him for so long if he didn't find it fun.

Just like the filthy soraka mains, maybe they find something fun in depriving it for others.

Edit: To be fair, I was once a Malphite main too. I didn't go tanky tho. I was full ap balls to the wall fuck everybody build.

zkylon

zkylewd
but do they enjoy it

my friend actually likes playing him and he's like a very high skill champions oriented player (plays mostly riven, vayne, ahri, ezreal)

i don't get it either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom