• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
no lol.

more like do you contest for one of them or let the enemy take one while you take the other.
trading might be good if you're in no position to contest, but if you're capable of winning fights you shouldn't let them get anything ever for free

tho it's such a wide reaching question that's hard to give just one answer

zkylon

zkylewd
poro_doodle_by_monorirogue-d9kvonb.jpg

poros are people too

pigeon

Banned
no lol.

more like do you contest for one of them or let the enemy take one while you take the other.

You let them have dragon because it's probably not dragon 5 for them.

Unless you really are in the super weird situation in which you both have 4 dragons in which case fuck it, just hang out and wait to see which one they do and fight them there.

Ferga

Jesus.... Meteos playing Kindred with 11 stacks before 20minutes.

This is some insane damage. I don't think I'll ever see this many stacks ever again.

Nasus is probably the best champion in the entire game, as long as the only box that needs to be checked to meet that requirement is "Has a Snoop Dogg dance".

killatopak

Gold Member
I think I bought a few champs with rp but only when they got on sale for 50%. RP is pretty cheap in my region so I just equated the amount of effort and money wasted in electric bills to RP needed to buy the champ and found out it's much cheaper anyway.

garath

I refuse to buy RP to unlock champions, but goddamn does the grind for IP make it tempting.

I've bought champs with rp. My time is valuable. I don't have as much time to play as some others so when I was in that middle stage where I still needed a lot of runes and such I'd buy champs I wanted when they were on sale. It allowed me to pick up a lot of champs I wanted to play without a waiting potentially years for it. And I could focus my IP on the cheaper champs and runes.

Now I don't need any more runes and I have almost all the champs I'd want so I use IP for new champs that catch my eye. I wouldn't be in this position without spending some rp on champs awhile ago though.

That said, that's just my personal preference. I've spent quite a bit on the game but I've also played for 3-4 years now? Pretty long at least. And I still love the game. I play every opportunity I get.

cHinzo

I bought champions when they were on sale when I started playing. No regrets! Would rather play a couple of champions I liked, instead of being forced to play champions I didn't like. Nowadays I got a steady 50k IP to buy every new champion who is coming out. :D

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
^Yep, buy the champs you like when they're on sale and/or bundles.

garath

All this talk about buying champs made me check when I started league. Dec 2011. So I've been playing four years now. Wow.

And I probably have less games played total than newt does in one season lol.

zkylon

zkylewd
i never bought any champions with rp

tbh im missing a lot but i have pretty much every midlaner worth having and skins for everyone so i feel like things turned out ok

All this talk about buying champs made me check when I started league. Dec 2011. So I've been playing four years now. Wow.

And I probably have less games played total than newt does in one season lol.
i checked my oldest league email, i've been playing from like early 2012

geez

I started playing exactly two weeks after Ori was released since it was her first time on free week. She's my dealer, got me hooked on this fucking game with her combos and shit.

tbh im missing a lot but i have pretty much every midlaner worth having and skins for everyone so i feel like things turned out ok
Owning all champions is overrated. I'll still get them all for completionism's sake eventually but until then my account can be safe from Malzahar.

zkylon

zkylewd
only midlaners i don't have are i think galio, malzahar, ryze, jayce and heimer. maybe morde if u still count him as a midlaner

nothing of value lost :p

edit: i guess i could get jayce but i always found his kit really unfun. if anything i'd love to return shit like akali and ziggs just to prevent the likes of them from tainting my account

killatopak

Gold Member
I think I started playing back december 2013. Compelled to play with my foreign cousin who was playing league at the time. Leveled until 10 when my cousin left. Then had a blank of 1 year until december 2014 where my friends convinced me to play. I saw aatrox and his mecha skin. I was in love since I just watched Pacific Rim back then. Started getting addicted and the rest is history.

I bought all female champs except for anivia and illa-something. It's all that matters anyway. I have no plans to buy anymore until I complete 20 rune pages.

Edwardo

I first played a little back during season 1, then just went back to dota/other games. I started up again when Nami was released because some rl buddies started playing.

faridmon

is kindred any good? I am getting close to 6300 again.

As someone who started playing a lot of Kindered, I am having difficulties being squashy and an easy target unless you stack. Especially that small nerf on his passive healing which I found I relied heavily on to actually sustain in my jungle. His base dmg is quite (again unless you stack hunts) and his Mana usage is pretty intensive, so you will rely on Blue a lot. So a good comp would be having a mid that doesn't need blue that much and a tanky, non-CC reliant top.

I have to say though, I am absolutely rubbish as adc. Can't handle how squashy I can be because my positioning is all kind of wrong, so perhaps you will have easier time than me with that champ. I can't say I am not having fun, because when everything goes right and have team that I can rely on, he is absolutely blast to play with great kiting ability, a good CC, and a dmg multiplier that can win you many 1v1 situations.

patchday

i checked my oldest league email, i've been playing from like early 2012

geez

I didn't know that. But you seem a bit more selective then myself in regards to champs so its not surprising now to think of it.

Yeah I always buy champs on sale if it's 4800 ip or above.

jerd

Zky you should like jayce he's cool. E-Q poke is lame and not fun but his kit as a whole feels really smooth

I think it should be a rule that you shouldn't have to face shaco if you're first timing a new jungle

Yeah I always buy champs on sale if it's 4800 ip or above.

yikes. I think I bought maybe 10 with RP. The rest came by way of IP and a few IP boosters along the way. I think I have all but 4 now? Something like that. Oh and I got a bunch from those champion starter packs.

Zky you should like jayce he's cool. E-Q poke is lame and not fun but his kit as a whole feels really smooth

I think it should be a rule that you shouldn't have to face shaco if you're first timing a new jungle
I can co-sign Jayce. Also, EQ poke is not lame. It's probably one of the most interesting skill shots in the game. I can't think of another skillshot where one skill augments another skill other than Karma and Jayce's has a different level of complexity and required strategy to his than Karma.

patchday

yikes. I think I bought maybe 10 with RP. The rest came by way of IP and a few IP boosters along the way. I think I have all but 4 now? Something like that. Oh and I got a bunch from those champion starter packs.

Yeah same I got most of mine from starter pack. I make much more money then I have free time tho, so for myself it was quite inexpensive buying the champs on sale. for instance, I have 1,000 rp left over right now to spend.

I probably inject like $20 into Riot every 3-4 weeks.

zkylon

zkylewd
I didn't know that. But you seem a bit more selective then myself in regards to champs so its not surprising now to think of it.
i have some champions like talon and zilean that i never play but yeah, i try to just buy champions that are fun and interesting. i think i'm at like 65 champions or something?

i also have like 16 runepages and all kinds of runes so it's not like i'm missing anything, it's just that i don't like bruisers and i don't like adcs all that much.

so whatever rp i have i spend on skins and then it's just buying fun champions with the ip

he's just so ugly

I can co-sign Jayce. Also, EQ poke is not lame. It's probably one of the most interesting skill shots in the game. I can't think of another skillshot where one skill augments another skill other than Karma and Jayce's has a different level of complexity and required strategy to his than Karma.
syndra?

you can q then q or qw then e as w animation finishes or just ult then e the balls on the ground

much more interesting than jayce's poke imo which is just use all abilities on cooldown

Vel'Koz continues to be secret OP. How has he not caught on yet?
he's due for a small nerf sometime soon imo. i'd like to see him made more unreliable by shifting more dmg into his passive and taking it out of the base dmg of his ult and his e. might make him a bit strong early on, but that can be tuned i guess

Lissandra feels really strong right now, her burst is insane, so far I tried to use her again and nope, still getting destroyed
she's not strong, she's about the same as before preseason because while she aligns really well with the current op mid items like roa and abyssal she also had her #1 core item (zhonyas) massively nerfed so she's about in the same spot as before

that is, kind of eh

she can probably abuse fqc pretty well instead of roa rush. i'll try that one of these days

i wouldn't be surprised if nerfing fqc doesn't finish the job of phasin out the surviving fun mids while it just becomes a roa vs roa scaling borefest

Quonny

I actually think his Q needs a nerf. It's cooldown is insanely low with CDR, it's damage is alright, but it has a long slow and is super long ranged.

I agree. They need to tune Vel's damage down and buff his passive. He should be a punishing Mage if you get caught in a combo, but his poke is too good for the insane burst he can pull off.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think his q is ok, velkoz' waveclear is weird since his basic spells aoe is not the greates and his scaling is crap so i wouldn't necessarily look to nerf that, specially since q is kind of hard to land anyways

i think the ult is the problem, it's got ridiculous base damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom