• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you straight up have increased mana regen while walking in the jungle with a machete.

Wait I don't even think you need a machete, just be in the jungle

zkylon

zkylewd
EvSert6.png

lol
ugly skin for an ugly champion

such is the cycle of ugliness

I am surprised that no one misses the Mana potion like at all because the mana regen is not enough for champs such as Sona and Kindered where you have to use Mana constantly. Playing Morgana for the first time in a long time, I was actually pleased that I didn't see the worry for mana, but for those other champs, Mana management is a serious headache.
lots of supports got regen compensations including nami, janna, veigar (sigh), lux (double sigh), etc.

pretty sure sona got some base mp5 buffs too

Edwardo

I am surprised that no one misses the Mana potion like at all because the mana regen is not enough for champs such as Sona and Kindered where you have to use Mana constantly. Playing Morgana for the first time in a long time, I was actually pleased that I didn't see the worry for mana, but for those other champs, Mana management is a serious headache.

I use mana regen blues when I play a non-tank support.

faridmon

hmm, will play Kindered more and see how much running around the jungle nets me Mana, because I always run out when I am trying to gank

lots of supports got regen compensations including nami, janna, veigar (sigh), lux (double sigh), etc.

pretty sure sona got some base mp5 buffs too
The only support i really have mana problems is on is blitz. Im kinda fine with mana pots are gone, the only person i would buy then on was azir because you dont get mana regain.

zkylon

zkylewd
The only support i really have mana problems is on is blitz. Im kinda fine with mana pots are gone, the only person i would buy then on was azir because you dont get mana regain.
blitz having mana issues is kind of the point since it gives him a longer term penalty for hook fishing.

so yeah that's kind of the idea

i duno if ppl buy tear on blitz or just go frozen heart but he should have his issues covered outside of the laning phase i guess

thats because blitz q costs more than some ultimates lmao
that's not so rare

lux e costs 120 mana

ugly skin for a beautiful champion.

for shame, zkylon.
nope, jayce is gross

Was tempted to get Exiled Morgana today but unless Riot decide to change all the particles to red and not just the AA I'm not biting, especially with her Lunar skin coming soon. Ghost Bride is still the best though. Surely changing her Exiled particles red would be a 5 minute job changing a hue slider or something. So annoying that they changed one of the particle colours and left the others.

Can't wait to see the splash art for her new skin though. Hoping she looks fab.

faridmon

Do you guys think Morgana will get a rework anytime soon? I am gonna say something selfish, because I know how good she can be once used properly, but I am starting to enjoy her less and less every time I play her.
Also her design sucks, so a Poppy like Re-draw should be great!

patchday

Man I dont get it. I go play Team builder I win with ease. Then I go play a silver ranked match and I usually lose. Guess I should go back to playing ADC- that's how I got to my rank in the 1st place.

---

[edit] Any sort of counter to Guiso rageblade if I'm top Shen? I was tearing up enemy team and then Irelia got rageblade and made me her bitch :(

Here is match summary: http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2046667709/36583?tab=overview

Tips / Criticism welcome. I'm new to Shen. going to practice him in Normals somemore

Man I dont get it. I go play Team builder I win with ease. Then I go play a silver ranked match and I usually lose. Guess I should go back to playing ADC- that's how I got to my rank in the 1st place.

---

[edit] Any sort of counter to Guiso rageblade if I'm top Shen? I was tearing up enemy team and then Irelia got rageblade and made me her bitch :(

Here is match summary: http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2046667709/36583?tab=overview

Tips / Criticism welcome. I'm new to Shen. going to practice him in Normals somemore
Work on your farm, you can't be having less CS than the jungler that died 7 times

zkylon

zkylewd
Was tempted to get Exiled Morgana today but unless Riot decide to change all the particles to red and not just the AA I'm not biting, especially with her Lunar skin coming soon. Ghost Bride is still the best though. Surely changing her Exiled particles red would be a 5 minute job changing a hue slider or something. So annoying that they changed one of the particle colours and left the others.

Can't wait to see the splash art for her new skin though. Hoping she looks fab.
it's not as trivial because changes require qa. they have to check if the color makes sense with the champion and their spells, if it can be confused for another champion's spells, if it's clear against the backgrounds in all the different game modes, if colorblind people don't have trouble seeing it, check if there's no regional thing they have to take care of (maybe the red particles look like blood and china doesn't like it) and then just run it for bugs in case something goes wrong for making that change or whatever

it may be 1 minute to shift the hue by 90 and get red out of blue, but it's a whole it's actually a whole bunch of money or time making any sort of change

Do you guys think Morgana will get a rework anytime soon? I am gonna say something selfish, because I know how good she can be once used properly, but I am starting to enjoy her less and less every time I play her.
Also her design sucks, so a Poppy like Re-draw should be great!
not for a long wihle, rito seems pleased with her kit and there are worse offenders than her in visuals like warwick or yorick

garath

---

I'm not a top laner so grain of salt here but a few things pop out:

- farm. 70 at 25 min is low. You're either missing last hits, roaming too much or participating in the typical low elo "crowd around mid because we don't know what to do" thing. You're shen with teleport and ult. You should always be providing pressure somewhere with that mobility. Usually by splitpushing then showing up in a fight via tp or ult.

- thornmail rush. Not a great idea. It's a lot of raw armor but now you're missing the HP to go with it. And azir probably messed you up after that with no MR. I'm not up on shen itemization but I'm pretty certain thornmail second item isn't it. Without looking up better suggestions I'd think maybe dead mans plate would have been a more appropriate second armor item if that's what you were looking for. Or go for some health.

G1upPcb.png

Abyssal felt pretty good, tbqh. Thanks for the recommendation, zy. Getting better as well, I think.

Team Builder is generally a mix of good and average players, playing champs they may be simply feeling out and have absolutely no experience or skill with yet. While sometimes people pick their best and play their best, it's just as likely someone is experimenting or learning a champ and will feed you more than someone with experience would have. I wouldn't use Team Builder as anything more than a measure of your progress with a champ and where understanding of how to use their skills and combos in various matchups and comps.

Leezard

Nami was one of the most mana hungry champs in the game. Ever since mana pots were removed she has had way less mana problems. I think Sona had less problems with mana than nami before the changes, I can barely imagine that she would have problems now.

Buffed base mana regen means all the mana regen items are better as well, since they give percentage base increase.

zkylon

zkylewd
taric tho
yeah taric also needs a complete rework

i think morgana is "fine" in that she's hideous and her kit is pretty bad but lots of people like her so as long as most ppl are ok with her rito can just work on the most problematic champions like eve, taric, etc.

G1upPcb.png

Abyssal felt pretty good, tbqh. Thanks for the recommendation, zy. Getting better as well, I think.
look, take liberties with my name if you will -everyone does so around here- but at least get the zky part right -__-

also yeah abyssal is a really good item right now

Nami was one of the most mana hungry champs in the game. Ever since mana pots were removed she has had way less mana problems. I think Sona had less problems with mana than nami before the changes, I can barely imagine that she would have problems now.

Buffed base mana regen means all the mana regen items are better as well, since they give percentage base increase.
yea removing mana pots resulted in a flat buff to most mana hungry supports. cool cos nami is awesome and i love seeing her back up there in the winrates

pigeon

Banned
not proud of being a snitch; but had to report someone for threatening to feed and being toxic. I think they were dealt with immediately or something too which is weird (I got the thank you msg from Riot immediately that the feeder was punished lol)

I'm proud as fuck when I report people for being toxic. Get out of my game. That's how you make the world a better place, albeit very slowly.

I did se a few Jayce players build crit and that' what confused me ^^;

Jayce just has shitty itemization right now, there was a post from Meddler about it last week. Jayce wants to build AD, but not attack speed (because Hyper Charge has zero scaling with attack speed). So he can't easily build crit because crit almost always comes with attack speed (because of Zeal). But he doesn't have strong enough damaging spells to build pure AD mage like Pantheon either -- Jayce's combo includes autos, it's built into his R and Hyper Charge, and autos are designed to scale with crit now. So he just builds, like, some stuff.

Balthuk

I'm proud as fuck when I report people for being toxic. Get out of my game. That's how you make the world a better place, albeit very slowly.

Yeah, the schadenfreude is real when the ban waves come every once in a while and I hear about people banned from chat or w/e.
Some people just don't give a f about anyone else when playing.

Bought:
Surprise Party Fiddlesticks (Bloodstone Lissandra)
Corporate Mundo (Vandal Twitch)
Forecast Janna (Zombie Brand + Full Machine Viktor)

Glad I got over my hesitation of buying a third legendary.

zkylon

zkylewd
zyk pls understand
forgiving is not one of my traits

lets be real here

nobody wants to be known as zyklon :^)
gross

Bought:
Surprise Party Fiddlesticks (Bloodstone Lissandra)
Corporate Mundo (Vandal Twitch)
Forecast Janna (Zombie Brand + Full Machine Viktor)

Glad I got over my hesitation of buying a third legendary.

red lizzy is quite ok

really nice particle effects and i love her bloody red icy feet things

Nekofrog

Banned
breezy going off the deep end in the Quiet thread in gaming side, lol

stahp man.

also to the adc itemization talk on the last page, what i've seen on most streams is:

bf sword --> completed zeal item (usually rapidfire) --> BF sword

since it's all about the early game now, the raw damage from 2 BF swords and a completed crit item is insane right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom