• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
really? so what do you recommend for trist and cait? since those are my favorite
BF > Zeal > Zerkers, then you can either finish IE or Cannon, both are nice at this point.

Until Thunderlords gets nerfed you can just rush IE anyways to abuse the bonus AD.
But you still need the base damage to maximise the crit damage?
You're losing on 25 AD. The only things you get from finishing those items is the extra crit damage and some mana regen/CDR.

TheFlow

Banned
BF > Zeal > Zerkers, then you can either finish IE or Cannon, both are nice at this point.

Until Thunderlords gets nerfed you can just rush IE anyways to abuse the bonus AD.

You're losing on 25 AD. The only things you get from finishing those items is the extra crit damage and some mana regen/CDR.

damn ok will try

I have no issue with that. I keep seeing people who are going for the Cannon route firstly.

interesting. I sort of thought it was just Riot being Riot by recommending the Zeal before finishing IE. So we should now NOT finish IE before getting a Zeal? Why is that, if I may ask?

interesting. I sort of thought it was just Riot being Riot by recommending the Zeal before finishing IE. So we should now NOT finish IE before getting a Zeal? Why is that, if I may ask?
Because IE lost AD so the combine cost is basically just for the slot efficiency. The damage you'd lose is compensated by the extra AS and early crit for Warlords and Fervor - when they were good at least. Build paths are kinda wonky right now since ferocity sucks but once they're buffed next patch it should be the case again.

Basically you get more DPS earlier and cheaper.

Because IE lost AD so the combine cost is basically just for the slot efficiency. The damage you'd lose is compensated by the extra AS and early crit for Warlords and Fervor - when they were good at least. Build paths are kinda wonky right now since ferocity sucks but once they're buffed next patch it should be the case again.

Basically you get more DPS earlier and cheaper.

oooh okay. tyty.

You mean to say that it's better to buy a second BF than upgrade? Just looking to be clear

yes.

Makes sense, Cauliflower hammer is kinda poopy. Gonna try it on MF later

more like, you have BF and Caulfield's already. so instead of paying 1200 for the crit cloak and recipe for the upgrade to Essence Reaver, buy a second BF for 1300 instead. The 40 AD is better on most than 20% crit.

Oh, I thought you were supposed to just stack one BF on top of another

But yeah, the combine cost plus cloak on Reaver is kinda silly considering what you're getting for it, I can see just getting another BF being much better than spending 1200 gold on that shit.

*takes notes*

I think I'll try this on Jayce when I run Tear builds.

Tear --> BF --> BF

well, this is assuming you're building Essence Reaver and IE.

You buy BF, Caulfields, and only buy the second BF if you have 1300 gold and are building it into IE (or BT/Mercurial I guess). Cos otherwise you just have a BF Sword chilling in your inventory without intending to build it into anything. You're still aiming to finish your Essence Reaver as your first item, it's just a bigger power spike if you have enough gold to buy a second BF than to finish your Essence Reaver.

I don't know what Jayce builds are these days though.

Tizoc

*takes notes*

I think I'll try this on Jayce when I run Tear builds.

Tear --> BF --> BF

Uh better to finish mana item first so it charges faster.
I'm more used to Jayce building armor penetration, but I can see the idea behind 2 BF Swords at least; gives hime a good power boost til he finishes his items.

Though why build Crit on Jayce? Does his Q deal crit damage now?

patchday

not proud of being a snitch; but had to report someone for threatening to feed and being toxic. I think they were dealt with immediately or something too which is weird (I got the thank you msg from Riot immediately that the feeder was punished lol)

Whats funny is you can be as toxic as you want to be during the game. I'll just mute'em and keep playing like normal. But when you threaten to feed before game start that's an auto-mute & report from me

--------

In other news I bought Shen and took him straight to ranked. Seems like a straight forward kit. Think I went 2/3/12. We didnt win due to the feeder I mentioned above but was happy with Shen's kit. If I can time these ults a little better I think I can save these foolhardy ADCs

jerd

Learning kindred is a uh.. slow and painful process. I do feel like I'm getting better but of the 20ish ults I've cast probably 2 of them have been good and the rest ranged from meh to really bad

zkylon

zkylewd
oooh nice! Cute skin and sleazy skin!

cute and sleazy was my nickname in highschool

Is it a post-mortem without any mention of when they're going to be gutting her and nuking that awful kit from the game? Reads more like a fan-service circle-jerk.
i think the rework is fine, if balance is the only issue then it's ok, just gonna tune her correctly

it isn't like a morde thing that's like we gotta start over you guys

not proud of being a snitch; but had to report someone for threatening to feed and being toxic. I think they were dealt with immediately or something too which is weird (I got the thank you msg from Riot immediately that the feeder was punished lol)

Whats funny is you can be as toxic as you want to be during the game. I'll just mute'em and keep playing like normal. But when you threaten to feed before game start that's an auto-mute & report from me
dude just report everyone that does stuff like that, no shame in that -__-

you don't owe those people anything

jerd

HEADS UP! LEGENDARY SNOWBALL STARTS DECEMBER 23 AND ENDS JANUARY 7!
When you buy or receive a Legendary or Ultimate skin this Snowdown, you’ll unlock a free Mystery skin! If that Mystery skin happens to be a Legendary or Ultimate, it unlocks another Mystery skin and can continue to snowball from there. As an added bonus, we’re doubling your chance to unlock a Legendary when you receive each Legendary Snowball Mystery skin.

rip everyone

ALSO PSA: Primetime Draven is technically a legendary skin and qualifies for the promo but only costs 975 RP so if you like draven and want to game the system

garath

Hmmm. I'm on the fence about dragon trainer tristana. It's neat but a little weird. Shooting with a dragon is strange.

I can't think of another legendary skin I'd really want. :(

Hmmm. I'm on the fence about dragon trainer tristana. It's neat but a little weird. Shooting with a dragon is strange.

I can't think of another legendary skin I'd really want. :(
Lemme help you with that

This is the homeguard/Ghostblade active animation
tumblr_nyvupuQLyj1uv13nno1_400.gif

Yo is that Legendary skin special deal thing active yet?

well, this is assuming you're building Essence Reaver and IE.

You buy BF, Caulfields, and only buy the second BF if you have 1300 gold and are building it into IE (or BT/Mercurial I guess). Cos otherwise you just have a BF Sword chilling in your inventory without intending to build it into anything. You're still aiming to finish your Essence Reaver as your first item, it's just a bigger power spike if you have enough gold to buy a second BF than to finish your Essence Reaver.

I don't know what Jayce builds are these days though.

Yes, I'd build Reaver and IE.

Can't hurt to try it. And with a Tear he won't have mana issues anyway so the reaver mana steal is largely irrelevant.

Tizoc

AND MY BONUS MYSTERY SKIN IS
Amumu_3.jpg

fuck you rito

I'd try my luck with Surprise Party Fiddlesticks but I suck at that champ. Maybe Try my luck with DRAVEN.....

EDIT: OK let's try my luck again which of these should I get
Infernal Susan
Super Galaxy Rumble
Gentleman Cho'gath

I'm feeling partial to Gentleman Cho'gath myself tbh.

Edwardo

AND MY BONUS MYSTERY SKIN IS
Amumu_3.jpg

fuck you rito

I'd try my luck with Surprise Party Fiddlesticks but I suck at that champ. Maybe Try my luck with DRAVEN.....

EDIT: OK let's try my luck again which of these should I get
Infernal Susan
Super Galaxy Rumble
Gentleman Cho'gath

I'm feeling partial to Gentleman Cho'gath myself tbh.

Any of those are pretty good choices. I'd pick the rumble one, but I own it so I might be a lil biased. You can't go wrong with any of them.

Your taste in skins is a mystery to me

EvSert6.png

lol

Uh better to finish mana item first so it charges faster.
Maybe. I'll try it and see how it feels.

I'm more used to Jayce building armor penetration, but I can see the idea behind 2 BF Swords at least; gives hime a good power boost til he finishes his items.

Though why build Crit on Jayce? Does his Q deal crit damage now?

You've never seen a Jayce buy crit items? Seems like such a strange question. His W gives him like 1500 dmg crits alone and each one of those 3 or 4 shots can crit. Never mind the leap in or knock back that follows. He puts out ~10 autos and abilities in about 3 seconds, 7 or 8 of which can crit. If just a couple of those crit, the target is usually dead.

Tizoc

Maybe. I'll try it and see how it feels.

You've never seen a Jayce buy crit items? Seems like such a strange question. His W gives him like 1500 dmg crits alone and each one of those 3 or 4 shots can crit. Never mind the leap in or knock back that follows. He puts out ~10 autos and abilities in about 3 seconds, 7 or 8 of which can crit. If just a couple of those crit, the target is usually dead.

I did se a few Jayce players build crit and that' what confused me ^^;

Tizoc

Fuck it, I deciced to Yolo and got both legendaries, exlcuding Susan's :p
Got the following
ReGifted Amumu (now why not give me THIS skin to being with, I wouldn't have minded!)
Subterranean Naut, not bad not bad
Firefighter Tristana, eh could've been worse~

faridmon

I am surprised that no one misses the Mana potion like at all because the mana regen is not enough for champs such as Sona and Kindered where you have to use Mana constantly. Playing Morgana for the first time in a long time, I was actually pleased that I didn't see the worry for mana, but for those other champs, Mana management is a serious headache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom