• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a match where we had a Plat Fiora vs Master Riven. Our Fiora owned Lv1 trades, but she was spending too much time with a pushed wave and they also had a Plat Lee. It was such as an open invitation to ganks so I decided to clear krug/red/raptor then go straight to top. It really paid off because I saw Lee was just waiting there. We rekt them both. I camped top HARD and provided loads of vision for Fiora. I hate snowballing Rivens. She thankfully never took off. Other lanes were doing OK on their own.

I also liked Cinderhulk. It was nice to see more spell variety. Even during its peak I think choices were split between Flash/Smite, Flash/TP and TP/Smite?

red lizzy is quite ok

really nice particle effects and i love her bloody red icy feet things

Yeah but I hate playing Liss. :( Damage feels so weak, and Q hitbox feels like half of what it shows.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea im just teasing, there's been all kinds of horrible and great times tbh and cinderhulk was pertty ok

i tend to like ends of seasons the most since it's when you can see the work of a whole season's balance pay off and it's really fun and like a real game for a while

then preseason comes and the cycle starts all over again

Yeah but I hate playing Liss. :( Damage feels so weak, and Q hitbox feels like half of what it shows.
yeah i wish they amped her q dmg just a little bit. also the push indicator like on sion e would help quite a bit

Cinderhulk was fun at first but quickly stagnated into what is IMO the second most boring meta that has ever graced this game. Cinderglory was fucking stupid.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think the really really bad thing this year was runeglaive ezreal and how fucking long they took to kill him

that thing should've been hotfixed day one

i think the really really bad thing this year was runeglaive ezreal and how fucking long they took to kill him

that thing should've been hotfixed day one
Yeah it is weird how long it took for then to nerf that, it was fun to mess around on gangplank and other people.

Nekofrog

Banned
tbh the season 5 cinderhulk meta was my favorite meta in the entire game

team fights went beyond "one guy was mispositioned for 2 seconds and instagibbed by zed/fizz/whatever" and turned teamfights into 30 second long ordeals. i loved it. there was constant back and forth.

dathlWe.png

and sejuani. i was never able to get her again after that 16th game. she was just always permabanned :(

Nekofrog

Banned
actually you know what

the funniest thing about cinderhulk was the amount of dodging. never before or since have i seen that level of trolling or dodging. if a team got sejuani or gragas, somebody was going to troll to force a dodge or just dodge to avoid the game immediately. nobody wanted to play against that crap when it was -really- strong, if it got through ban phase.

there are still lots of dodge worthy champions out there, but less so in that "so OP you have to dodge" and more in the "oh god we have X, gotta dodge".

TheFlow

Banned
played against my first Illaoi today.

it was a mid match up against my malz it was tough because she had teleport and I had no idea what she did. We won the game though, and I got a solo kill off her before she got super tanky.

Nekofrog

Banned
Cinderhulk was just awful for botlane in every way.

No it was fine, there were just overtuned champions at the time that took advantage of it. Bot lane would be even worse now if double tp was still the meta because tanks are even better now than they were then.

Do people not pay attention to what's actually happening to the meta right now?

You didn't need to be Sejuani to grab Cinderglory for 4500ish gold and be unkillable mid game.

Current meta is almost as bad but at least TP is a little less common and ADCs can keep up so it's enjoyable for everyone to some extent, even though it's unhealthy as fuck and the competitive season should not start in this state.

Neither meta is as bad as juggershit, though.

Nekofrog

Banned
i'm starting to think the attack speed mastery is kind of garbage right now, too. 4% attack speed? ehhh, your runes should have you covered. for a caster adc, sorcery just seems so much more appealing.

Fracas

#fuckonami
i'm starting to think the attack speed mastery is kind of garbage right now, too. 4% attack speed? ehhh, your runes should have you covered. for a caster adc, sorcery just seems so much more appealing.

Oh yeah for sure. 4% is basically useless. I very rarely take it if at all

TheFlow

Banned
just lost my first 5vs4 because of the dumbest teammates.

When you are 38 mins in the game against a fiora and annie why would you ever face check a brush in the enemy jungle?

Nekofrog

Banned
Sorcery will give you what, 2~3 extra damage on a spell early game? lol

Meanwhile AS is a lot harder to get and much more valuable these days.

how many times have you been in a situation where an extra 20-25 damage would've made the difference between wiping in botlane vs getting the kill?

by level 6, the bonus is substantial not in numbers, but in effect. i feel like a lot of people in this community discount a lot of the little things that add up over time because it's not a big up front number a lot.

also, attack speed is one of the easiest stats in the game to get.

how many times have you been in a situation where an extra 20-25 damage would've made the difference between wiping in botlane vs getting the kill?

by level 6, the bonus is substantial not in numbers, but in effect. i feel like a lot of people in this community discount a lot of the little things that add up over time because it's not a big up front number a lot.

also, attack speed is one of the easiest stats in the game to get.
It's harder to get as in sure, AS items are cheaper and easier to get but you get less AS overall outside of edge cases since Riot was kinda counting on people getting Warlords for that. Once it's buffed then yeah, Fury is meaningless, but right now where you basically have less bonus AS than a season 5 ADC with just PD? Eh.

And you need to cast what, 10 spells to get that 20 extra damage? Between cooldowns, mana pools and HP5 most of that damage will be mitigated before it adds up. Sure it might be important if you get a good MF or Lucian ult but for overall laning both masteries are whatever.

Nekofrog

Banned
It's harder to get as in sure, AS items are cheaper and easier to get but you get less AS overall outside of edge cases since Riot was kinda counting on people getting Warlords for that. Once it's buffed then yeah, Fury is meaningless, but right now where you basically have less bonus AS than a season 5 ADC with just PD? Eh.

And you need to cast what, 10 spells to get that 20 extra damage? Between cooldowns, mana pools and HP5 most of that damage will be mitigated before it adds up. Sure it might be important if you get a good MF or Lucian ult but for overall laning both masteries are whatever.

no, corki/lucian/ezreal get the sorcery bonus damage pretty efficiently. the only reason to take the attack speed over the sorcery is for auto attack adcs that don't do a lot of damage through their abilities. the ones that do? sorcery is so much better.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I decided against Wonderland skin even though it looks adorable and I want to own all her skins. Still not a significant enough change from her base animations/effects that I can justify an 1820 RP tag.

TheFlow

Banned
17/4/25 with Sejuani Jungle and yeah we won XD. also I had +5k health so yeah

you might think with that score that we curbed stomped them no, I was the only person positive on my team. Had to carry hard. At one point I was literally soloing 3 champs with nexus at turret. Luckily my ult goes really with mf and kayle.

this is why Sej is my main because I know her kit and builds in and out.

p.s the enemy jungler was a malphite who was good, but couldn't peel for his team. He would chase the carries instead of staying by his.

Manus

So pumped. Bought Infernal Nasus then got Project Leona then Alien Invader Heimerdinger. My luck is though the roof.

Kenai

K, been throwing those icons at most of you on my friend's list. Hope all of you got taken care of
I still need one more myself HINT HINT

I am pretty sure I got a LoL gift card in one of my presents and I am pretty sure it's going on DT Trist, will join that fun later this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom