• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlight

Banned
I swear figuring out how to spend my IP is the most thought I put into this game, lol. Finally have enough IP to buy another 4800 champion, so I'm sort of inclined to go with Orianna now that I've tried her and sort of dig her, but I could also buy Lux or Karma or something and leave some extra IP for some runes or a cheap champion or something. Maybe I should just sit on this till I have 6300 and see if I want to buy like... Azir, or something? Azir seems cool. That tower steal ability is like, wow.

Oh, and I bought Thresh with RP when he was on sale and for some reason thought he would be way easier to play than he actually is. His ability where he jerks you forward or backward depending on which side you're pointing is kind of challenging to use for me, and all the guides I'm looking at really emphasize its' importance in terms of where you build. Kept missing his hooks and stuff too.

I also kept offering lantern and no one knew how to use it. orz

Think gnar may have messed up his build, rushed sunfire, allowed me to go evenish with him in lane. Managed to carry.
a90b12ed7363adc8eaeb987c702ed8dc.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
I swear figuring out how to spend my IP is the most thought I put into this game, lol. Finally have enough IP to buy another 4800 champion, so I'm sort of inclined to go with Orianna now that I've tried her and sort of dig her, but I could also buy Lux or Karma or something and leave some extra IP for some runes or a cheap champion or something. Maybe I should just sit on this till I have 6300 and see if I want to buy like... Azir, or something? Azir seems cool. That tower steal ability is like, wow.

Oh, and I bought Thresh with RP when he was on sale and for some reason thought he would be way easier to play than he actually is. His ability where he jerks you forward or backward depending on which side you're pointing is kind of challenging to use for me, and all the guides I'm looking at really emphasize its' importance in terms of where you build. Kept missing his hooks and stuff too.

ori and azir are probably too much for u early on but if u like palying them go for it

LuuKyK

Having Nami on free rotation made me play her again after a long time. She is so much fun to play as, catching people on her bubble is so satisfying. lol Too bad she is expensive as hell. :(

Kenai

Not sure what team builder is so I never clicked on it..

Oh yes, playing against real people was shockingly different. Playing PvP has greatly improved how I play IMO, so much so that I can just stump all over the AI when I try a new character in Co-op so ... they bore me now and I just take my chances playing a new character in PvP first

Team Builder is pretty nice, it's mostly all I play now.

You actually pre select the role you want in that mode so there's no hassle or rolefighting like you mentioned. Say you wanna go Cass mid, you select Middle Lane/Mage and then pick Cass as your character and then the game queues you up til you find other people.

It's not without it's quirks. Some roles have a much longer line than others, and brand new champs or unorthodox roles can be outright shunned depending on community opinion even if they might actually be fine (not a whole lot of people liked Quinn/Graves jng at first, for example), but the positives greatly outweigh the negatives for me.

And yea, don't worry about runes til you can afford the 'real" ones at tier 3. i think that's 20? You can probably be ok with just trucking to 30 and buying them then. Worry about champs for now

Moonlight

Banned
Mrgh. Think I'll bite on Orianna. She can be something I work on after I hit a good spot with Ahri. I can always buy Lux with RP later.

JulianImp

I'd say tier 1 runes are okay to get started since they're all dirt-cheap, but then again you're getting what you pay for, so most of the time they're like half as effective as tier 3 ones.

I got a couple tier 2 max health runes for Nautilus since tier 3 ones cost 880 IP each, which is crazy. I'll probably buy the remaining basic runes I need soon, as I already have all nine armor yellows and magic resist blues, so I only need a couple more AD and mpen reds, an ad quint and whatever that other cheap quint for AD is. After that I'll probably go back to buying champions before I even think about buying some of the more expensive runes.

Then again, I'll have to get more run pages to even use the other runes, since playing support most of the time means I have an AD page and a defensive tank page.

Also, why in the world aren't we able to edit rune pages in the champion select screen even though editing masteries is still okay? The only reason I could see for that is to encourage purchasing additional rune pages, since that's all I could do to, for example, have an additional rune page tailored for AD in case support gets taken and I'm forced to go some other role.

Having Nami on free rotation made me play her again after a long time. She is so much fun to play as, catching people on her bubble is so satisfying. lol Too bad she is expensive as hell. :(

There's gonna be a Nami, Ori and Lux RP deal sometime this month. That's when I plan to get them (Not Ori though, she seems awkward. ).

Personally I feel like it's the encouraged logical route to buy Champs over a certain price point with RP. Runes seem like a big deal and you can only buy them with IP ... which you have to earn in game. If you're not a vet and you're new to the game I guess (IDK if someone who has been playing for years ever runs into IP problems)
(Also I tried to Thresh once vs AI ... he is strange. I guess that's why I never see anyone use him in Solo ... that and the fact that he's sup so of course people say fuck that)

Buy some tier 1 AD marks and quints to make last hitting easier. Buy some tier 1 armor seals for defense and some tier 1 magic resist glyphs for defense. That can be your page until level 20. Tier 1 runes are cheap and a worthy investment imo.

Do not buy tier 2 runes.

Buy tier 3 runes when you get level 20 for a big leg up. You can start with two pages:

AD - ad quints, armor pen marks, armor seals. Mr glyphs

AP - AP quints, magic pen marks, armor seals, Mr glyphs

After that start fleshing out your pages as you get IP. If you stick to only buying cheap champs with IP or just buying champs with RP in sale for your leveling phase, then you should have enough IP to get a decent set of runes by level 20, definitely by level 30.

not really worth buying t1 or 2 runes so early

you dont have enough spots on your page for them to matter yet and when you do they get outclassed by t3s

These conflicting Rune thoughts! o_O;

Here's all my facts.
I'm level 18 and 40% of the bar away from level 19.
I currently have unlocked 6 marks- 6 seals- 5 glyph and 1 quintessence on my rune page.
I have 5463 IP as of now.

The t1 runes are 5ip each and the Quints are 15ip each.

So at this point a page of runes would be 100ip with is about the price of the cheapest Mark I see.

I have no clue how much a t1 rune page will change things.

if anyone wanna play ranked (or normals) im usually on all night just chillin .. I really wanna get out of silver -.-.. not that there is any point to it with season starting soon

every time i spectate low elo i see an mf support

wtf am i missing here
It's like Brand supp but 200% more annoying

She goes Frostfang Thunderlords maxes E and just throws it at you every time its off CD, I dunno if its good against high elo players but down here in the slums it makes me want to off myself

JulianImp

Mf is probably the most popular adc in my Elo. Her ult actually does work now

Erm, but Ghost said...

every time i spectate low elo i see an mf support

wtf am i missing here

It sure sounds odd, but there's lots of odd picks at low ELO that I've never seen when watching high-level matches. Maybe they abuse the aoe slow that damages and triggers thunderlord's decree? Still, wouldn't a MF going support hurt her as she's less likely to get enough gold to buy all the cool stuff she wants to get?

And that reminds me of the protip about knowing whether a Shaco actually knows what he's doing if he picks ignite to go with smite instead of flash. That sure was useful for knowing what to expect from people who picked Shaco as I was getting started.

TheFlow

Banned
Erm, but Ghost said...

It sure sounds odd, but there's lots of odd picks at low ELO that I've never seen when watching high-level matches. Maybe they abuse the aoe slow that damages and triggers thunderlord's decree? Still, wouldn't a MF going support hurt her as she's less likely to get enough gold to buy all the cool stuff she wants to get?

And that reminds me of the protip about knowing whether a Shaco actually knows what he's doing if he picks ignite to go with smite instead of flash. That sure was useful for knowing what to expect from people who picked Shaco as I was getting started.
She is so popular as a adc that people are using her as a support. I made a post about winning a game with mf support

Neol

Yea support MF is pretty cancer atm. If you have no hard engage then she's free to just E you and get thunderlord procs.

This along with spooky ghosty's as well as having some AP scaling on her ult means she can actually deal a decent amount of damage even as support.

New champ select goes live in NA & TR for testing in Normal Draft and Ranked on January 13, 2016. If everything goes well, we’ll continue to roll out new champ select in other territories over the following days. Thanks to everyone who gave us feedback along the way to this launch, from the original Team Builder beta to the recent PBE testing. We’re excited to take this next step into League’s future, and we can’t wait to join you in new champ select.
Gotta dive right in

zkylon

zkylewd
hey guys, dobs is gonna be pretty busy with exams for a few weeks so ot 11 will be a bit late. we were throwing some ideas a couple days ago cos we don't want to just do a rush job but we'll see, maybe we'll keep those ideas for ot 12 and just do something quick for the time being, dunno how weird the situation is since we don't have an official mod anymore lol

also lcs 2k16 thread will be up next week for sure probably day before lcs starts

cHinzo

The problem with MF support is that she has 0 hard cc and her only real utility is from a slow. Even Zyra has a knockup and snare.

The problem is support MF can solo the enemy carries. :^) So much damage.

Just won an ARAM against a Lux, Xerath and Veigar team. Couldn't believe it. :D

honestly it's pretty amazing how this thread always managed to hit 20k posts around exam time or other busy times

poor dobe is doing exams in his final year

patchday

On a side note, Riot did what I was afraid of.
They put the Jade Cassiopeia skin up before they made the Cassiopeia champ deal (So you can either get the champ with IP/ RP NOW and get the skin today if you don't have the character already or wait for tmr and get the champ for half the RP but no skin deal for you)... so I fear that the same will happen to Nami :/

Yeah riot loves doing that. Champ goes on sale right after skin sale ends, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom