• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
MF in every single game.

Ban MF. That's what I do.

My targeted bans these days are Miss Fortune, Malphite, Brand (because I leave it for the enemy team to ban Mundo first). Sometimes Rengo.

I get so frustrated in my elo (Gold) where people ban Illaoi, Darius, Fiora.

http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/2467442637/205305160?tab=overview

Also, this fucking game. We actually had it in the bag. Snowballed so much I even bought a Zekes because I wanted more armour and MF to have a 100% crit wave of ult goodness. Then people got caught out and Lee Sin thrown by stealing Drake, which he reasoned by "Do you want them to get five stacks?" when if they even got it, it would be 4 stacks. Annoying, but not game-changing.

That just frustrates me that people are willing to throw their leads or suicide over a fucking Drake. People overvalue the buff it provides.

Edwardo

Ya I haven't been getting first pick lately. Actually I did in this one, but I didn't bother banning her.

dMHqkHD.png

S+ woo woo

Kenai

Oh and I need to work on my support pool. I only feel confident with Blitz, Leona and Nami. And of those 3 I only play Blitz regularly. Yea, I think I'll work on Supports for awhile. Leona, Nami, and maybe Sona.

Adding a more aggressive support who can poke to your list does seem like a great idea.

I'm not sure if it's your style but Lulu's still a solid top and a solid support botlane with lots of roaming potential and some manner of safety due to her CC regarding both surviving ganks and team comps. I have been having pretty good success with her lately, her poke is extremely reliable and adds up with TLords, plus the mana regen buff is quite noticeable on her. .

Hard

Banned
Does anyone know a good safe mid-laner to pick up? I hardly play mid lane since it's always called. I was thinking something like Morgana or Lux maybe.

Kenai

Does anyone know a good safe mid-laner to pick up? I hardly play mid lane since it's always called. I was thinking something like Morgana or Lux maybe.

Ahri is pretty safe post-6 and has a more traditional mage moveset.

So are LeBlanc and Zed but they take some getting used to thans to their teleporting stuff.

There's also a few non-standard mids like Quinn and Ezreal who are safe.

Adding a more aggressive support who can poke to your list does seem like a great idea.

I'm not sure if it's your style but Lulu's still a solid top and a solid support botlane with lots of roaming potential and some manner of safety due to her CC regarding both surviving ganks and team comps. I have been having pretty good success with her lately, her poke is extremely reliable and adds up with TLords, plus the mana regen buff is quite noticeable on her. .

I keep forgetting about Lulu. YES. I'll add her for my top/bot list. ty sir.

This shit's giving me a headache.

First match of the night, I'm yet again the first to call ADC. Half way down someone else tries to call it, I look up and after a bit they lock in Teemo. I don't really know wtf Teemo does, I see him in every role so I assume he's "Tank-mo" top but I already have Trist selected so I don't think I can time out the clock and someone called Sup.

Dude get's bitchy when everyone tells him to go top because ADC was called, of course he doesn't and support goes instead because someone has to (it was the hamster with the robots. I have been destroyed by that thing on top before so it makes sense to me). Neither of us get fed, fat cat fish bullies us right outta the lane because of course that's gonna happen, Team falls apart and we fail.

Try another match, first to call anything and I call ADC. 2 more people try to call ADC. Tell em "Nope, already called". Got Trist selected but not locked to show who I plan to use. One replies back saying ok and takes another role ... the other locks in Mr. Chocolate 2 Guns and says nothing. I decide to close the widow and eat the 5 min punishment to avoid a 20min annoyance.

I just don't understand why people keep pulling this shit. I don't know a ton about this game ... but it's clear that there's a reason ADC champs are paired with SUP. Even if you don't wanna SUP ... why take a blind swing and hope you can either have your way and force the non-locked in person to change roles or take the chance that you're gonna be fighting the enemy team and a member of your own team for CS? I'm not even against being Sup, I just wanna practice with Trist before giving Nami another try tonight. If someone beat me to the call I'd tots play Nami ... but I'm fast.

On the bright side stupid stuff like this has made me better at last hitting with Trist seeing as I have to steal from who ever is in my lane. That's something I guess.

pigeon

Banned
I really feel for you. I quit playing Blind Pick almost immediately because of shit like this.

Hopefully when the new draft rolls out maybe they'll do it to all regions and replace blind pick for regions that only have that?

TheFlow

Banned
malz is the safest you can pick. But pick Lux or morg I your team needs the cc/shields

I really feel for you. I quit playing Blind Pick almost immediately because of shit like this.

Hopefully when the new draft rolls out maybe they'll do it to all regions and replace blind pick for regions that only have that?
Yeah, People keep telling me to do Team Builder but I'm only level 18 and it's locked til 25 because of logic that escapes me :/

Luckly with this latest match up people respected the call AND someone called Sup on their own with out having to be brow beaten into it (A Sona!) ... but someone had auto locked Trist ... they ended up calling Mid. I have never heard of Trist doing mid so I wasn't sure if this was a shit show waiting to happen. I had to either pick another ADC or reroll ... decided to try Sivir again. ACTUALLY turned out great! Was matched against a Jinx, Poked her and her Sup Mordana(sp?) to hell and back with Sona's support and help.

I think I see the appeal to Sivir ... though I still don't see the DPS I wanted or expected but I was using the default recommended items cause I never researched her.
(ended up with Doran's Blade- Essence Reaver, BT and PD plus some fully done boots. The Trist was running Sheen-Rylai's Crystal Scepter- Banner of Command- Randuins Omen and 300g boots. IDK what to think of that)

Won 7/3/7, fewest deaths on the team even though I somehow had the lowest level (I think Sona going ham with the deaths fed Jinx a ton)

I want to know who hamster with the robots is.

Rumble is the one inside the Robot, this one has Robot pets that fire at you.

9 straight wins but having trouble with the projectile speed of Lulu's Q. Can't hit it reliably to harass in lane. Part distance, but part just...that's a pretty slow missile.

Moonlight

Banned
On a really miserable losing streak right now. Just really frustrating to have so many games feel like total blowouts, and being matched against Annie as Ahri twice in a row now feels kinda bad on top of that. There's not really a match-up I've played in this game that feels as annoying. That fucking bear.

What champions are hybrid marks/quints for? I see it mentioned in some Lulu guides, but it's a lot of IP and I'd rather not spend it if it's not good on several champs. I assume it'd be good on Kayle and maybe Udyr. Anyone else?

Kenai

AP magey supports and Kayle and Fizz are all I can think of atm.

9 straight wins but having trouble with the projectile speed of Lulu's Q. Can't hit it reliably to harass in lane. Part distance, but part just...that's a pretty slow missile.

If you are supporting I'd do the good ol/ AA to Q I like for so many other champs trick, fake them with one animation so they are less prepared for the other. Especially since they'll expect you to AA them as Lulu to keep your Spellthief stuff from capping.

Q is real nice but I wouldn't do it a whole lot until you get a few levels in it since the dmg is much better at rank 3 on up. Mainly if you are at full mana or need the extra hit to proc TLord's. otherwise i would just AA to proc the TLord's as much as you can as your primary harass, unless they can reliably punish you for doing so.

If you have a lot of spare mana E sticking Pix to them makes it a lot harder for them to dodge and you can AA them for a bit even if they try to hide in the bush. I like to do that if my lane opponents miss their main CC move that's on a long CD (Thresh hook, Blitz grab, Naut anchor, Morg bind, Nami bubble ect) and I know I have a window. Is a nice bit of dmg even on the tankier ones, and if they know to back off during that window so you can't AA them, you can usually mess with their ADC's farm instead.

zkylon

zkylewd
What champions are hybrid marks/quints for? I see it mentioned in some Lulu guides, but it's a lot of IP and I'd rather not spend it if it's not good on several champs. I assume it'd be good on Kayle and maybe Udyr. Anyone else?
if you're strapped for ip don't bother, i have them and never really use them with any mids

it is good on some mage supports like sona, lulu, nami, bard and janna

edit: i can see them being good if u want to bully a melee champion or something but generally as a mid you just farm until 6 before killing someone and by then you just want to deal as much dmg with ur spells as you can rather than autos

JulianImp

I want to know who hamster with the robots is.

While I can name most of the champs now, I usually remembered them by their design earlier, which is why I always mistook Katarina and Akali since they were both spin ninja girls to me.

While I know about yordles now, Heimer will always be a hamster to me as well.

Ferga

I use it on ap junglers, mundo, shyv

Ban MF. That's what I do.

My targeted bans these days are Miss Fortune, Malphite, Brand (because I leave it for the enemy team to ban Mundo first). Sometimes Rengo.

I get so frustrated in my elo (Gold) where people ban Illaoi, Darius, Fiora.
The difference is leaving those TP champs live means they can do your top lane over *and* then come bot and carry into late. I'd always ban Fiora over MF as I a.) play bot and b.) know how to deal with her by playing and support with semi-hard CC.

MF and Ash are completely annoying characters to deal with when either you don't have support and they do OR when you both have support but yours is shitty and non-aggressive.

So many support tonight just seemed to be as afraid of dmg as me when I played ADC :/

Like, come on dude .. you're a tank. They're supposed to be aggressive and take hits. You have the skills to set things up for us. I'm a cute lil woman with a rocket launcher, I can't be on the front lines against another ADC and their support unless it's to kill someone who's just about dead. Gotta help me.

Had a fat catfish who did EVERY MOVE ... other than the ranged tongue whip that slows enemies or the one where he shallows them. He swallowed me up once or twice so I know he knows how but for some reason he would just run up to them and do basic AA so all I could do was run behind him. He was as aggressive as a wet corpse so I couldn't make any plays off of him. One other person wasn't using their damn skills ... we had that match and lost it because of them not even trying to use their characters. Same for the Bull Dude support I got tonight.

So strange.

Hard

Banned
Man, Illaoi is like the Blitzcrank of top-lane.

Her counterplay is obvious (Dodge Q and E, walk away from the ult, kill or dodge tentacles), but she's so good at harshly punishing mistakes in lane. That vessel mini-game is the worst status effects in the game tbh.

if you're strapped for ip don't bother, i have them and never really use them with any mids

it is good on some mage supports like sona, lulu, nami, bard and janna

edit: i can see them being good if u want to bully a melee champion or something but generally as a mid you just farm until 6 before killing someone and by then you just want to deal as much dmg with ur spells as you can rather than autos
AP magey supports and Kayle and Fizz are all I can think of atm.

If you are supporting I'd do the good ol/ AA to Q I like for so many other champs trick, fake them with one animation so they are less prepared for the other. Especially since they'll expect you to AA them as Lulu to keep your Spellthief stuff from capping.

Q is real nice but I wouldn't do it a whole lot until you get a few levels in it since the dmg is much better at rank 3 on up. Mainly if you are at full mana or need the extra hit to proc TLord's. otherwise i would just AA to proc the TLord's as much as you can as your primary harass, unless they can reliably punish you for doing so.

If you have a lot of spare mana E sticking Pix to them makes it a lot harder for them to dodge and you can AA them for a bit even if they try to hide in the bush. I like to do that if my lane opponents miss their main CC move that's on a long CD (Thresh hook, Blitz grab, Naut anchor, Morg bind, Nami bubble ect) and I know I have a window. Is a nice bit of dmg even on the tankier ones, and if they know to back off during that window so you can't AA them, you can usually mess with their ADC's farm instead.
Ok tyvm!

I4j9Cp9.png

on the road with Lulu support!

10 straight wins. Gotten really lucky with decent teammates, though I did have to carry more than a couple of those Garen games really hard.

Edwardo

http://i.imgur.com/I4j9Cp9.png[IMG]

on the road with Lulu support!

10 straight wins. Gotten really lucky with decent teammates, though I did have to carry more than a couple of those Garen games really hard.[/QUOTE]

Ya it's awesome when everyone can at least hold their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom