• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda sad that this "Dead Eye" seems to be following the trend of them making "cool/ edgy" or more cerebral character designs. In my time looking up characters and researching them I see that there's definitely a point where they stop doing the cute cartoony or campy designs and focused into more serious designs.

Like just looking at MF with her comically large hat/ guns and
boobage
with her hearts flying around her and that silly run cycle ... just looking at all that I can tell she's older than Jinx (who looks like DKT Joker meets Sucker Punch) or Mr. Chocolate 2 guns (who just drips of "edgy cool guy").

Playing Trist has really made me notice this. I don't really foresee any new cute/ small/ cartoony or campy characters coming out at this rate.

Anyway, I was wondering if I should bother playing characters I find SUPER annoying to deal with. My frustration with fighting Ash and MF as Trist has kinda attached onto the characters and I can't see myself ever liking them too much but I know that maybe I could like playing them. But IDK if the IP is worth that gamble.

Nami's pretty fun! Landing her bubble is super satisfying, though it's hard to get people to capitalize on it without like, voice, I guess. She's got a lot of stuff, though, which is cool, like her bouncing splash and her E ability, which did a ton of work during ganks. Managed to nail most of the enemy team in a jungle corridor with Tidal Wave and set-up for a couple kills off that, which was cool.

Yeah, I see the potential there for her ... with proper teamwork aka voice chat.
I have gotten better with her skills but as a Support I can't spark a proper engage with Q because the other person doesn't know I'm about to bubble the enemy so before I know it they backed off and now the enemy is in my bubble just waiting for the kill that coulda been.

Feel like I gotta be reactionary and use Q to stop em when I can.

Illaoi looks like the evil chinese guy from Bruce lee and Van damme villain.

bolo2.jpg

pigeon

Banned
Pretty sure the new guy's name will be Flaco, since he is the brother of Shaco.

Kinda sad that this "Dead Eye" seems to be following the trend of them making "cool/ edgy" or more cerebral character designs. In my time looking up characters and researching them I see that there's definitely a point where they stop doing the cute cartoony or campy designs and focused into more serious designs.

boobage
with her hearts flying around her and that silly run cycle ... just looking at all that I can tell she's older than Jinx (who looks like DKT Joker meets Sucker Punch) or Mr. Chocolate 2 guns (who just drips of "edgy cool guy").

Playing Trist has really made me notice this. I don't really foresee any new cute/ small/ cartoony or campy characters coming out at this rate.

I mean, Gnar is newer than both Jinx and Lucian. If you're really worried they won't release any more yordles, all I can say is don't be worried about that. For one thing, they're the only ones in Valoran with a mechanized army, so any time they want to do a tank or whatever it'll have to be another yordle.

Also Illaoi is adorbs, so.

It would be pretty amazing if Flaco was a yordle though. Now that would be crossing the streams.

Anyway, I was wondering if I should bother playing characters I find SUPER annoying to deal with. My frustration with fighting Ash and MF as Trist has kinda attached onto the characters and I can't see myself ever liking them too much but I know that maybe I could like playing them. But IDK if the IP is worth that gamble.

The best way to learn to beat a character is to play as them. Master Yi and Katarina are classic examples of characters who seem like total bullshit until you play them a couple times and realize that reset assassin is an inherently fragile archetype.

Also Ashe is 450 IP, you're going to end up buying every 450 IP champ in the game eventually.

Tahm is kinda cartoony.

Not worried at all. I think the variety we're getting is better than S2/S3. Plants with boobies, dark with boobies, spider with boobies.

Elise could have been more but I guess they needed to fill the annual boobies quota.

Jhin comes from asset names on the teaser pages
Rioters are straight up calling him Jhin

It's very likely Jhin

Also he looks really fucking cool

He's like a creepy, lanky marionette, kinda reminds me of FF7 Vincent and I love it. Apparently new resource too?

zkylon

zkylewd
that's pretty freaking cool if that's his splashart

new resource, hmm, but that's on top of mana. interesting how that'd work out

Kenai

2/3 games in a row where my support didn't even wanna build a SS and the one who did we got an idiot Ryze feed Illaoi into the stratosphere.

How was I supposed to get my win of the day? That's right, take matters into my own hands.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2064404305/44734161?tab=overview

Angry Lulu was angry (helps that our Ez mid was pro as f*ck tho).

I am seriously not sure if I can handle ADC as my second role in ranked Teambuilder when i get so damn salty at stuff like that. I might just take Sivir and Ez and Varus and Trist mid along with my paltry mage pool and call it a day.

Kenai

didnt notice that

imagine if he has a puppet

I was just complaining to someone about how League doesn't have any ppl who use strings as a weapon (no Sona does not count, that's sound!) He definitely has a gun though, I see the smoke from it.

I like his design a lot for the most part but whatever is on his shoulder is creeping me out. I wanna know what it is before I give him too much praise lol

THAT DARIUS THO

I'll take what i can get. You should have seen the game prior where my "support" Blitze rushed RoA followed by a Tear.

nbraun80

boobage

Yeah, I see the potential there for her ... with proper teamwork aka voice chat.
I have gotten better with her skills but as a Support I can't spark a proper engage with Q because the other person doesn't know I'm about to bubble the enemy so before I know it they backed off and now the enemy is in my bubble just waiting for the kill that coulda been.

Feel like I gotta be reactionary and use Q to stop em when I can.
eh I think some of it is they're releasing about 6 champs a year as opposed to the 20ish a year back in the MF days. Both Tahm and Bard were cartoony/campy//cute so that's 2/5 champs released in 2015. Also I'm fine with less boobage, I get my fill from zky's fan art. lol

Kenai

eh I think some of it is they're releasing about 6 champs a year as opposed to the 20ish a year back in the MF days. Both Tahm and Bard were cartoony/campy//cute so that's 2/5 champs released in 2015. Also I'm fine with less boobage, I get my fill from zky's fan art. lol

That and pretty much all the champs last year, while not necessarily being cartoon-y, at least look pretty distinct from the rest of the cast, so it's not like we have too much of what we got either.

R68c8tC.png

that net worth...those assists...that kill participation %...with those items?

IrJ28TF.jpg

Lulu, u da real mvp. Polymorph + Wild Growth, you da real 6th man of the year.

zkylon

zkylewd
you had 50% cdr on that build tho and an excess of mana/regen thanks to zekes+morellos+fqc

don't get morellos on supports, that's bad

That and pretty much all the champs last year, while not necessarily being cartoon-y, at least look pretty distinct from the rest of the cast, so it's not like we have too much of what we got either.
yeah, i think at one point league's identity became a lot less cartoonish that it initially was and that's fine, cartoony and campy is not a style they're interested in anymore and i really have to agree, mundo is terrible, vlad is kinda terrible too, etc.

i think the style they're working is that of a kinda serious comic book. everyone's supposed to look cool and impressive and loud, and it's a bit over the top sometimes, but it's never goofy.

i think edgy/gritty is a bad and boring direction (as evidence during the edgy/gritty age of champions like aatrox and darius) but i'm really digging this more strange and magical style with champions like bard, kindred and tahm, and now this freaky deadeye guy

zkylon

zkylewd
looking a bit more at the deadeye leak, he gives like phantom of the opera vibes

i wonder if he'll dance, he seems like he's piruetting on the screenshot

tho that's ori's thing

Edwardo

Just wait til they're free and see if you enjoy playing them.

jerd

Nami W when she builds enough ap.

Woah i had no idea that was how that multiplier worked

Closest I can think of is Double Up

I could see it being a skillshot that did balls damage by itself but builds with each target hit. I see range like stone said being more likely but it's possible

He's gotta have a global. His targets were a support, a mid, a top, and a jungler. Hopefully a global basic ability

Jhin comes from asset names on the teaser pages
Rioters are straight up calling him Jhin

It's very likely Jhin

Also he looks really fucking cool

He's like a creepy, lanky marionette, kinda reminds me of FF7 Vincent and I love it. Apparently new resource too?
Danh he looks cool.
New resources is a bit scary because resource champs kinda turn out weird. But who know it might be balanced this time.

garath

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2064207927/42766588?tab=overview

This was a classic "never give up" game. It was personally a poor game for me but not for lack of trying. Many many "never lucky" situations. From a failed early tower dive on fiora because of creep block to Malz constantly backing out of fights early, it felt like I couldn't even buy a decent turn. Fiora got away from me with less than 50hp three different times. We were down like 20-4 in kills at one point. The fiora was a monster and constantly roamed my top side jungle. The Darius was beyond useless. Didn't know how to build from behind or play safe when fiora started rolling him. Getting carried is a skill that needs to be learned. Especially if you are a top laner.

But most of us kept trying and didn't flame (too much). Trundle is ridiculously strong right now imo. I didn't even build too well myself tbh. Priorities kept changing and I was denied a lot of farm thanks to fiora and nocturne. Often times my role was simply to put down good pillars and ult Leona or fiora and concentrate on taking fioras damage. She kept focusing me which was great. She did not play her lead well once we got to team fighting.

Don't usually share games, especially poor games from me but I just want to remind people that team comp, team fighting and some smart play can turn even a very poor start.

pigeon

Banned
Second screenshot looks even more fake to me. Those shots are based on the fanmade Dmitri design but we already know that design is totally unrelated to the new champ. Reddit still thinks they are related though so if you were going to make a fake teaser for Reddit, bam.

Also seems really unlikely that they would launch a champion with two resources but we wouldn't see any new UI in the patches beforehand to support it. When Gnar released we saw the Gnar bar like four weeks early, and this would be a way bigger change. It's possible Riot got better at build management but I mean probably not.

I might look really dumb in the next 8 hours I guess.

23qwerty

looks like my sensei raw bit the dust
any thoughts on mice? I'm looking at the razer deathadder cause it's on sale at best buy. don't really want to have to wait for shipping on anything. loved the sensei aside from the loud scroll wheel..

garath

looks like my sensei raw bit the dust
any thoughts on mice? I'm looking at the razer deathadder cause it's on sale at best buy. don't really want to have to wait for shipping on anything. loved the sensei aside from the loud scroll wheel..

Sensei rival? I have a raw but I'd get a rival right now if my mouse died. I love my sensei.

Don't know why but from those images I got the idea of a champ that could control a bullet telekinetically while being immobile as one of their abilities. Not sure if Jhin will be anything like that but it would be a cool concept. Means you have to stay vulnerable and stationary while controlling it but you could chase people with it to pick them off.

oh my gawd I get the feeling I gon fall in love with Jhin. Illaoi's kit is really satisfying when you're playing her, Jhin is giving me the same feels .
I'm hoping so hard that he turns out to be a midlane assassin and not an adc cause then I won't play him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom