• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

This reminds me that I am interested to see if and how bans change once they're distributed to the last three teammates. If you have only one ban, and two other people to rely on, are you more likely to ban out your counterpick than to ban the overall team need? Might mean a larger distribution of bans in general.

Interesting. Yeah, people might end up being a bit more selfish with the bans.
It also means you might have a tougher time influencing the bans as a first pick to sneak in an OP first pick/new champ.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It's just some mana costs and making sure bad uses of his ult are punished

He'll live.
I feel like the low cooldown on Trundle's ultimate is in place to counteract how low impact the ability can be. Should Trundle ult have the same cooldown as something like Rumble ult? I dunno.

garath

I feel like the low cooldown on Trundle's ultimate is in place to counteract how low impact the ability can be. Should Trundle ult have the same cooldown as something like Rumble ult? I dunno.

I agree. The new cool down of his ult is kind of silly. It doesn't seem like a very well thought out nerf. LCS players will be sad. He's been the new support hotness.

It's a 20% resistances shred + max HP nuke, that thing ain't no joke in bot lane which is probably the reason for that ult nerf.

110 at rank 1 might be too high though.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It's a 20% resistances shred + max HP nuke, that thing ain't no joke in bot lane which is probably the reason for that ult nerf.

110 at rank 1 might be too high though.
20% resistane shred is pretty meaningless at low levels given the duration of the effect and its decay over the duration. I don't know if I would call it a "nuke" either. If you look at Trundle in terms of damage dealt he is almost at rock bottom whether it's Jungle, Support, or Top.

Well that was hell

I definitely could have played better and landed more ults (honestly felt a lot of my Rs should have been getting the slow at the very least but apparently 'missed') but wholly fuck the Zed was mega toxic with Vayne not far beyond. Naturally they're the two on the team with negative W/L ratio.

And with it being YoloQ we won.

20% resistane shred is pretty meaningless at low levels given the duration of the effect and its decay over the duration. I don't know if I would call it a "nuke" either. If you look at Trundle in terms of damage dealt he is almost at rock bottom whether it's Jungle, Support, or Top.
I'm talking more about early bot lane than anything. 20% max HP magic damage on people with low MR on top of the shred hurts. 20% shred should be what, 10~ armor and 8 MR? Couple that with precision and it adds up, it's a hefty power spike.

Honestly I'd be more worried about Riot looking back and going Kha Zix on his ass than this nerf ruining him. It'll probably make him more annoying to play as instead of actually lowering his power level.

zkylon

zkylewd
jhin name's official since that's the name of the song on the official league soundcloud

lame af but hey i was just grasping

Second screenshot looks even more fake to me. Those shots are based on the fanmade Dmitri design but we already know that design is totally unrelated to the new champ. Reddit still thinks they are related though so if you were going to make a fake teaser for Reddit, bam.

Also seems really unlikely that they would launch a champion with two resources but we wouldn't see any new UI in the patches beforehand to support it. When Gnar released we saw the Gnar bar like four weeks early, and this would be a way bigger change. It's possible Riot got better at build management but I mean probably not.

I might look really dumb in the next 8 hours I guess.
the ui stuff is incorrect cos riot
a) doesn't develop the game on pbe realm, they have their own servers for internal testing
b) we're going into patch 6.1, he's gonna be at the soonest 6.2, so there's still time for them to add the special bar to pbe

pigeon

Banned
the ui stuff is incorrect cos riot
a) doesn't develop the game on pbe realm, they have their own servers for internal testing
b) we're going into patch 6.1, he's gonna be at the soonest 6.2, so there's still time for them to add the special bar to pbe

Well, yeah, obviously Riot doesn't develop on PBE. The point is that UI changes require UI assets, and in my experience UI assets have a huge lead time because the UI artist has to commit them so that the UI programmer can place and name them so that the other programmer can make hooks for them so that the systems designer can actually use them to display stuff. That's why Gnar's UI was in the game for like two patches before Gnar actually came out.

You can prevent this stuff from showing up in the build with release management, and maybe Riot decided to start doing that, but honestly the benefit is pretty low so I understand why they didn't. We generally had all kinds of icons and bars and stuff in the build at my previous company because it wasn't worth the effort to keep them out.

Well that was hell

I definitely could have played better and landed more ults (honestly felt a lot of my Rs should have been getting the slow at the very least but apparently 'missed') but wholly fuck the Zed was mega toxic with Vayne not far beyond. Naturally they're the two on the team with negative W/L ratio.

And with it being YoloQ we won.
how

leaks blow, especially when we leak it ourselves...

fire them

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
leaks blow, especially when we leak it ourselves...

(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง We're tried of being teased, now we riot leak! (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

He's extremely unreliable even with IBG buffs.

You can see the TF where they 'threw' although we were just scaling better.

just reading the kills on the timeline, is it fair to say that before your team got baron, you caught their team split up? Or did you intercept them in the middle of doing Baron? Usually when I see the adc focusing tanks it's because their frontline has been separated from them. And in the last important sequence, I assume Shen, Karthus and Lee took a fight outside of the base (or otherwise got caught out), leading to a 2v5 + baron buff to end the game?

Nekofrog

Banned
the thing about ezreal is, he does damage right now with the right build

but he doesn't do meaningful damage. if a teamfight breaks out and he's not able to just kite it out, his damage is likely to be far too spread over too many targets by the very nature of his Q being a skillshot blockable by minions

just reading the kills on the timeline, is it fair to say that before your team got baron, you caught their team split up? Or did you intercept them in the middle of doing Baron? Usually when I see the adc focusing tanks it's because their frontline has been separated from them. And in the last important sequence, I assume Shen, Karthus and Lee took a fight outside of the base (or otherwise got caught out), leading to a 2v5 + baron buff to end the game?
We took baron after the 4 for 2 trade on top - our only out turret and other two inhibs down.

I'm not sure what the best build path is but our out-and-out tank buster (Vayne) went RFC into BF into a Bork which seems crazy to me. They've got a Malph, Shen and Lee (to a lesser extent) all stacking health so I think that delayed us.
the thing about ezreal is, he does damage right now with the right build

but he doesn't do meaningful damage. if a teamfight breaks out and he's not able to just kite it out, his damage is likely to be far too spread over too many targets by the very nature of his Q being a skillshot blockable by minions
This is why I said it's unreliable, on that front, nothings changed from Pre-BluEz 2. I'd much rather be paired up with a Draven/MF/Losean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom