• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

So with the new dynamic queue hitting today, they are completely retiring team builder. Kind of too bad. It had it's moments. I guess it's back to blind pick lock in asap to play the new champs or to focus in on one.

I'm excited to use the new dynamic queue though. It's been a long time coming. Especially given how focused roles are in this game.

Edwardo

So with the new dynamic queue hitting today, they are completely retiring team builder. Kind of too bad. It had it's moments. I guess it's back to blind pick lock in asap to play the new champs or to focus in on one.

I'm excited to use the new dynamic queue though. It's been a long time coming. Especially given how focused roles are in this game.

I'm pumped for this. Can't wait to try it out. Season 6 should begin once this is patched in, right? I can't wait to do placement tbh lol.

I thought the patch was coming tomorrow.

I'm not sure dynamic queue is coming in this patch, only team builder draft
honestly the patch changes don't sound too hot and in some cases even a step back
Besides the Riven buffs and the new AP jungle item, most of these changes are direly needed and very, very late thanks to the holidays.

garath

I'm pumped for this. Can't wait to try it out. Season 6 should begin once this is patched in, right? I can't wait to do placement tbh lol.

I thought the patch was coming tomorrow.

Oh. I'm no good with patch days. For some reason I always assume it's Tuesday. Tomorrow is probably right.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

Besides the Riven buffs and the new AP jungle item, most of these changes are direly needed and very, very late thanks to the holidays.

ehhh i guess there's more good changes than not, but it still feels like Riot mucked it up with preseason and still haven't found a nice groove to settle in with the changes

Hey Guys,

I'm doing some videos on weird champions to put in the jungle. So far I've been focusing on Taric and done pretty well, but I'll take suggestions? I'll post my end game screen's here.

Roster so far (From Freinds)

- Ashe
- Soraka
- Xerath

Jayce.

He can Jungle, but your ganks will be pretty mediocre. He does have gap-closing, however and can fairly easily force out flashes with the leap combo and slow if you A-gate your way in.

pigeon

Banned

Lyte said on his ask.fm that if you get queued for the role you want to play, the chances of fighting over a champ are much lower (which makes sense). So it'll probably be easier to force a champ in draft than blind, unless it keeps getting banned.

Newt

Btw, If any of you want to take part in the 72 hour testing cycle of the new ranked dynamic queue that's coming out Thursday I'll be running some games for sure.

Oh and thanks for the Lulu tips yesterday. I did a game of top Lulu and...I'm just gonna say it's a weird experience. I am, perhaps, too used to playing heroes that can actually be lethal/bursty. I was among the team leaders in damage but idunno. I got like 1 kill. Perhaps it was just that game. Perhaps I should have used the W to speed boost myself rather than to hex the enemy. Perhaps if I had been running more CDR so I could spam Q more frequently earlier on.

I just never really felt like I could kill the enemy laner (Renek) though I easily doubled his CS as he could never trade in his favor with hex and shield at the ready. I went with Sorcs, RoA, and Morello before the match ended. Catalyst felt essential, tbqh. Very nice idea, that. Maybe if the match had lasted longer and I got a Deathcap online I would have felt more potent.

Either way, it's nice to have an AP top that can bring so much utility and crowd control to a match, while usually win her lane fairly comfortably. I guess I could work on Kayle too since she has more carry potential than a Lulu who I'd think is totally reliant on her team being adequate.

Btw, If any of you want to take part in the 72 hour testing cycle of the new ranked dynamic queue that's coming out Thursday I'll be running some games for sure.

You'll have my hammer.

garath

I thought the leaked patch notes showed the dynamic queue release. Would be disappointing if it doesn't come.

Lyte said on his ask.fm that if you get queued for the role you want to play, the chances of fighting over a champ are much lower (which makes sense). So it'll probably be easier to force a champ in draft than blind, unless it keeps getting banned.

Makes sense. I still think it will be tough to get new champs through bans and early picks though. :( it will likely be easier but still challenging.

I'm down for the one hour a night I generally play lol.

Your objetive as solo Lulu isn't much about getting kills as it is about making sure the enemy laner does not get to play League of Legends that day

pigeon

Banned

zkylon

zkylewd
jhin-wallpaper.jpg

FUCKING FINALLY

zkylon

zkylewd
"Jhin’s crits deal less damage than normal, and his attack speed doesn’t actually scale with attack speed. "

rito gotta rito lol

this guy feels like gypsylord was traumatized from all the 3-hit jokes and made everything 4 hits -__-

i don't think his kit is very interesting, tho if music starts playing when he ults that might be kind of great

Sounds like his normal autos still crit as usual, just the fourth one that is guaranteed.

That ult looks pretty fun, line skillshot Xerath ult that makes it worth to hit the same target multiple times

garath

First champ without a damage based on health third attack? Oh. Its a 4th attack, not third lol.

Jokes aside, he seems pretty cool. Invisible cait traps, skill shot 4 shot cait ult, skillshot line attack (like cait). But is her opposite in that he has middling range and very slow attack speed.

I'm not sure how to feel about the changing of attack speed and crit to ad and triggered move speed though. I thought they were looking to make this champ a lot more accessible.

Ooh he has Templar Assassin's traps, but automatic

I really like his animations, he's so cocky. I wonder how much raw AD will he get from AS/Crit

pigeon

Banned
Okay I'm super dumb.

Cool champ though. I am surprised to have them revisit sniper like this. I guess Cait was never all that careful and prepared.

I'm not sure how to feel about the changing of attack speed and crit to ad and triggered move speed though. I thought they were looking to make this champ a lot more accessible.
Mechanically speaking he's very simple

Oh yeah, before I forget
Well, yeah, obviously Riot doesn't develop on PBE. The point is that UI changes require UI assets, and in my experience UI assets have a huge lead time because the UI artist has to commit them so that the UI programmer can place and name them so that the other programmer can make hooks for them so that the systems designer can actually use them to display stuff. That's why Gnar's UI was in the game for like two patches before Gnar actually came out.

You can prevent this stuff from showing up in the build with release management, and maybe Riot decided to start doing that, but honestly the benefit is pretty low so I understand why they didn't. We generally had all kinds of icons and bars and stuff in the build at my previous company because it wasn't worth the effort to keep them out.
image.php

DRE Fei

So he's a slow attack speed, hard hitting adc. The 4th auto is execute damage. His scaling sounds interesting too. I'm wondering how his lane match ups will work out and how powerful he actually is at full build.

I'll try him out on pbe later.

So he's a slow attack speed, hard hitting adc. The 4th auto is execute damage. His scaling sounds interesting too. I'm wondering how his lane match ups will work out and how powerful he actually is at full build.

I'll try him out on pbe later.
His passive should make his laning really good since AS is mostly irrelevant early. Sounds like he has 550~575 range too
Cocky? You have no idea lol. Assuming he's on PBE today, you'll get to hear his VO. God tier.
Don't disappoint me now Rito, he better make Shaco sound sane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom