• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hard

Banned
someone give me an item purchase order for Lulu top. I'm not feeling good about this yet. Support feels cash, but I feel like trash top with her.

Start with Ring + 2 pots

If you have CDR per level runes, Frost Queen's. If not, Morellonomicon.

Then RoA > CDR boots > Rabadons > Void Staff > Ludens/Zhonyas

EDIT: I've always wanted to do a tanky Lulu build

Morello > RoA > CDR boots >Zhonyas > Abyssal > Ludens/Zhonyas

Rod of Ages, FQC, Luden's Echo, Deathcap. Also get shoes.

Athene/Morello into Deathcap

No, it's tumblr

Start with Ring + 2 pots

If you have CDR per level runes, Frost Queen's. If not, Morellonomicon.

Then RoA > CDR boots > Rabadons > Void Staff > Ludens/Zhonyas

EDIT: I've always wanted to do a tanky Lulu build

Morello > RoA > CDR boots >Zhonyas > Abyssal > Ludens/Zhonyas

ty good people

zkylon

zkylewd
Don't you mean she (and almost all champions in the game)? :^)
i mean, not really, at least relatively speaking

like everyone has less arpen now, ok, so that's a nerf to everyone since everyone can auto. since that's a nerf to everyone that doesn't really matter since everyone's weaker

but champions that doubly benefit from arpen because of physical dmg spells are nerfed even more

you can extend that a little bit than in ranged vs melee like ori vs fizz that's a bit of a bigger nerf for ori cos she has less auto harass dmg but that's not as big a nerf as what someone like riven or zed got

Well, yeah, obviously Riot doesn't develop on PBE. The point is that UI changes require UI assets, and in my experience UI assets have a huge lead time because the UI artist has to commit them so that the UI programmer can place and name them so that the other programmer can make hooks for them so that the systems designer can actually use them to display stuff. That's why Gnar's UI was in the game for like two patches before Gnar actually came out.

You can prevent this stuff from showing up in the build with release management, and maybe Riot decided to start doing that, but honestly the benefit is pretty low so I understand why they didn't. We generally had all kinds of icons and bars and stuff in the build at my previous company because it wasn't worth the effort to keep them out.
i dunno, let's say something like the villain indicator, that was on pbe for just one patch

it's not that big of an ui change, i think you're reading too much into it

leaks blow, especially when we leak it ourselves...
yeah, get ur shit together dumbos

also reveal him already, cat's out of the bag, cmon!

(also pbe, i need clg's icon for the lcs thread)

i cant take another zed game

how do i counter this annoying fuck
lulu's good against zed, ahri's pretty good too if you can hit the ulti charm

kayle's pretty good too like noot says

lizzy is alright cos she can go roa into zhonyas and be unkillable

Gross

Speaking of which I need a new av. Time to head into the garden of madness
:>

No, it's tumblr
:<

gross

someone give me an item purchase order for Lulu top. I'm not feeling good about this yet. Support feels like cash, but top feels like trash atm.
rush fqc like on every other mage because this patch is stupid

get deathcap and void staff next

actually for lulu top you take the RoA first and then get CDR Boots with FQC. Then you can start transitioning into another big AP item like Deathcap.

zkylon

zkylewd
imo ludens on lulu is kinda bad cos she can only proc it with q and also you get better shields and better ults and better whimsy if you get a fuckton of ap through deathcap

Newt

I think I`m enjoying these adventures a little too much.
44f0a3041ce3a4c64159b93ca931d349.png

Hard

Banned

Huh, didn't realize this was out.

My money's on Millenium & HUMA making it out alive. Renegades look strong on paper, but just like I saw with Millenium vs. Na'Vi, individual talent isn't everything.

Got 1st or 2nd pick 4 games in a row = 4 hecarim games in a row = 4 wins in a row = S-,S-,S-,S = Why do I waste so many games filling.

Dynamic queue hype.

As much as I enjoy playing Braum support and racking up 20+ assists, I haven't played my main role (top) in nearly a month.

it's not every day you find a comp like this and still win, lol it was fun though.
Kindred is the only thing that was messing me up though, couldn't fight her cause she'd just drop the ult. I got smart with it after, just waited till they burst her down so she uses it lol

Leezard

i mean, not really, at least relatively speaking

like everyone has less arpen now, ok, so that's a nerf to everyone since everyone can auto. since that's a nerf to everyone that doesn't really matter since everyone's weaker

but champions that doubly benefit from arpen because of physical dmg spells are nerfed even more

you can extend that a little bit than in ranged vs melee like ori vs fizz that's a bit of a bigger nerf for ori cos she has less auto harass dmg but that's not as big a nerf as what someone like riven or zed got

i dunno, let's say something like the villain indicator, that was on pbe for just one patch

it's not that big of an ui change, i think you're reading too much into it

yeah, get ur shit together dumbos

also reveal him already, cat's out of the bag, cmon!

(also pbe, i need clg's icon for the lcs thread)

lulu's good against zed, ahri's pretty good too if you can hit the ulti charm

kayle's pretty good too like noot says

lizzy is alright cos she can go roa into zhonyas and be unkillable

:>

:<

gross

rush fqc like on every other mage because this patch is stupid

get deathcap and void staff next
It's not only armor pen though, it's hybrid pen so you also get magic pen. People usually have less magic resist than armor.

Just got to level 20 (and at the same time I got Trist to level 5 ... what ever that means. Sure didn't make her skins any cheaper, I checked :q

Anyway, what tier 3 runes should I buy for those good ol general AD and general Mage (or tank? IDK which is better ... today all but 1 of my supports have been tanks and that's just soo damn effective! The bear was just ripping the enemy support tank apart at level 1-2 ... think I wanna try that) pages?

I intend on doing Bot Lane as either ADC or Support and doing Mid lane as either mage types or assassins (or where ever assassins go ... seen them bot and mid). (Not sure wtf goes on in the top lane ... just know I got BTFO when I tried it with Irelia against that walking Rock Monster)

Champs I have so far..
Trist/ Xerath/ Thresh/ Ahri/ Janna/ Sivir/ Annie/ Soraka/ Katarina/ Quinn/ Caitlyn (I have Warwick to but if I could I would ask for a refund on that IP ...)

Bolded are ones I like to some level and wish to get better at, underlined are ones I haven't tried but wish to explore in the near future.

The amount of IP I got ... 7454ip
Hope that's enough ip for most of a page. All slots are not open yet.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's not only armor pen though, it's hybrid pen so you also get magic pen. People usually have less magic resist than armor.
i'm not sure i get what you mean, the mpen wasn't nerfed

at ur level, buy:
ap and ad quints
mpen and ad reds (marks)
flat armor yellows (seals)
flat mr blues (glyphs)

fill one of ur runepages with ap quints+mpen reds+armor yellows+mr blues for ap champions (so mages, ap assassins, supports and ap tanks) and use the rest for ads (adcs, ad assassins and bruisers)

with that you'll have a basic starting point (those masteries are also the cheapest tier 3s) for you to slowly build on. those runes should serve you in most situations for a long while

Leezard

i'm not sure i get what you mean, the mpen wasn't nerfed

at ur level, buy:
ap and ad quints
mpen and ad reds (marks)
flat armor yellows (seals)
flat mr blues (glyphs)

fill one of ur runepages with ap quints+mpen reds+armor yellows+mr blues for ap champions (so mages, ap assassins, supports and ap tanks) and use the rest for ads (adcs, ad assassins and bruisers)

with that you'll have a basic starting point (those masteries are also the cheapest tier 3s) for you to slowly build on. those runes should serve you in most situations for a long while
Oh, you're right. I missed that. Didn't both get nerfed on pbe?

Hey Guys,

I'm doing some videos on weird champions to put in the jungle. So far I've been focusing on Taric and done pretty well, but I'll take suggestions? I'll post my end game screen's here.

Roster so far (From Freinds)

- Ashe
- Soraka
- Xerath

zkylon

zkylewd
won't have long to wait.

Will be interesting to see the reaction to 130 tho... :D
well fuck you costy haha

Oh, you're right. I missed that. Didn't both get nerfed on pbe?
nope, only arpen since that's the one they randomly buffed last patch haha

Hey Guys,

I'm doing some videos on weird champions to put in the jungle. So far I've been focusing on Taric and done pretty well, but I'll take suggestions? I'll post my end game screen's here.

Roster so far (From Freinds)

- Ashe
- Soraka
- Xerath
viktor

Tizoc

Is deathcap really worth rushing anymore?
You get 120 ap from the items with the final gold going for the bonus ap

zkylon

zkylewd
lcs thread done, phew

will post tomorrow i think, specially since lck starts on the 13th

Is deathcap really worth rushing anymore?
You get 120 ap from the items with the final gold going for the bonus ap

you mean rushing as first item or after fqc/athenes/morellos?

cos rushing it first item was never really worth it. as a second item depends on the champion, tho it's usually the best option, specially now that zhonyas takes forever to build (so it's a choice between deathcap and ludens and ludens is kinda bad right now)

I thought they buffed both of them and reverted both. :(

Oh well, at least it is reverted.
yea, only arpen got buffed

a ton of other keystones are getting buffs so i imagine once ppl catch up there'll be keystone variety again

now i just want riot to remove that absolutely stupid mastery that gives you 1.5% dmg in 1v1s

ugh that's so bad

killatopak

Gold Member
did somebody say riven buffs?

fuck yeah. Now I can max e more since I can combo pretty easily. Passive damage increase in early game means I don't have to worry about dealing less damage.

Leezard

So lck is getting sponsored by lotte confectionary and will be called "Kko-Kkal-Kkon League of Legends Champions Korea Spring 2016" this split.

What an unfortunate abbreviation.

jerd

Meddler said:
Bard went through a lot of different abilities before we hit on his final kit, including at one point getting briefly iceboxed until we took another run at his gameplay. Some abilities off the top of the head with musical/sounds elements to them we tried:

A three charge single target skillshot that applied a stun on the final shot if you fired all 3 shots to a beat that was playing. Was a lot of fun to mess around with against bots/minions, but felt really restrictive in actual PVP unfortunately,
A DDR/Guitar hero style ult, matching visual effects to a beat. Same problem as above - sounded cool, but didn't actually work out well in game. I do wonder if there might be a more subtle version of this sort of ability that might work though.
A passive that dropped a lay waste style effect under targets Bard hit with an auto attack, with the effect detonating after a certain number of beats. This one showed promise, wouldn't surprise me if some variant on it eventually ends up on a kit.
A giant wave of slow moving sound that gradually moved across the map, silencing enemies while they remained within it (had a thickness of around 1200 units, moved at something like 600 units. Looked awesome, but felt really random given how far in advance you had to cast it, which isn't good gameplay for a silence which is a pretty reactive effect. Slow moving wave from one side of the map to the other's still got some promise though, can imagine us revisiting that as well someday with a different effect on it on a different champ.

Some of that would have been bonkers in game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom