• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll fucks with Jhin. Dunno about the bouncing grenade thing and I have very real worries about his under tower farming situation. So much of this meta is about shoving and avoiding being shoved under tower. I guess it'll be a good opportunity to practice last hitting under tower ;_;

Might have to go with more AD runes than usual for this ADC just to ensure being able to cs reliably under tower. I like the idea of that providing a lot of ganking opportunities for the jungler (over-extended lanes are cash for good jungle champs), but I'm not sure how he gets into lane far enough to place a trap if he's stuck under tower?

Welcome to solo lane Lulu

Your job as Lulu is not to play League, it's to look for your opponent's attempts to play League and prevent them.

And possibly bait Yasuo into getting killed, depending on team comp.

I see. Felt bad, but very effective. Reminds me of when top Soraka was a thing before her nerfs. Job: be fucking obnoxious all laning phase. Mission accomplished. I must say, however, it felt very...how can I say...devoid of fun.

Jhin's ult =

Gmkdy1f.gif

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So much ranged AD fatigue. From the outside this kit doesn't really present that much I'm interested in. This kit also just feels...over-regulated, if that makes sense.

PSqueak

Banned
Just got to level 20 (and at the same time I got Trist to level 5 ... what ever that means. Sure didn't make her skins any cheaper, I checked :q

Level 5 unlocks a special taunt (ctrl + 6 i think) that just shows your emblem as proof you mastered the character.

As for runes, frankly, don't bother until you're actually level 30 which is when it really matters, filling an entire page is actually quite costly on IP so for now keep saving funbucks.

Alternatively, search for good rune guides for your champs ans slowly start buying the runes shown. There is tons of resources with Rune/mastery/build suggestions.

His passive should make his laning really good since AS is mostly irrelevant early. Sounds like he has 550~575 range too

Don't disappoint me now Rito, he better make Shaco sound sane

"I have risen above the filth and muck, I am the lotus blossom... I... am beauty"

Yep, he's a nut job and it's brilliant.

So much ranged AD fatigue. From the outside this kit doesn't really present that much I'm interested in. This kit also just feels...over-regulated, if that makes sense.

It makes sense. it is...an inflexible kit. No real room for outplay or counterplay or out-skilling the opponent. It's all a function of whether or not you can hit your skill shots or not (and whether you can farm under tower or not). That's really it. 4th shot planning notwithstanding.

That's the secret, with Lulu you gotta have your fun by absorbing the fun your opponent isn't having

Their tears are your bidet
I shall learn to enjoy her that way, then. Sapping away their joy is its own reward.

Hard

Banned
I think he's going to be weak AF on release.

He doesn't have much in the way of wave-clear, since the grenade only damages 4 units, and the traps have to be stepped on by enemy champions. His utility in terms of CC is also kind of mediocre, since it requires so much set-up to take advantage of. I hope he's at least decently bulky for an ADC, since enemies will be able to take advantage of position miscues easily.

They could overtune his numbers to make up for it, but I dunno.

It makes sense. it is...an inflexible kit. No real room for outplay or counterplay or out-skilling the opponent. It's all a function of whether or not you can hit your skill shots or not (and whether you can farm under tower or not). That's really it. 4th shot planning notwithstanding.
So like lux?

What are his ratios though
His ult also seems like a better version of Caitlyn's
While it's not global, it still has damn fine range, and probably deals more damage overall

garath

I'll probably get him. It'll breathe a little life into the adc role for me again. With ashe and jinx being a little lower tier and MF being so strong lately I haven't had a lot of drive to play adc. Though I should give kalista more time. I suck with her but she's a lot of fun.

I think he's going to be weak AF on release.

He doesn't have much in the way of wave-clear, since the grenade only damages 4 units, and the traps have to be stepped on by enemy champions. His utility in terms of CC is also kind of mediocre, since it requires so much set-up to take advantage of. I hope he's at least decently bulky for an ADC, since enemies will be able to take advantage of position miscues easily.

They could overtune his numbers to make up for it, but I dunno.
Huh? He has a big-ass line skillshot and his bouncing Q, his wave clear should be in the lines of TF and that's really fucking good.

Also about his utility, he can trigger his W root if allies attack enemies so he has a lot of pick potential.

What are his ratios though
His ult also seems like a better version of Caitlyn's
While it's not global, it still has damn fine range, and probably deals more damage overall

Not really comparable. The only thing similar is that it's long range. It's 4 line skillshots that stop at the first hit.

dimb

Not really comparable. The only thing similar is that it's long range. It's 4 line skillshots that stop at the first hit.
I mean...the concept is almost identical. An enemy looks to snipe an ally, and it's up to healthier or tankier members of the team to body block the shots. Jihn's will be more chaotic and hard to track with multiple shots though.

I mean...the concept is almost identical. An enemy looks to snipe an ally, and it's up to healthier or tankier members of the team to body block the shots. Jihn's will be more chaotic and hard to track with multiple shots though.

That's... every skillshot?

Caitlyn's is a single shot, targeted nuke shot from any angle.

Jhin's is 4 line skillshots shot in a particular direction with fourth being the most important. It's more akin to Combining Jinx W and Xerath ult and confining it to a conal area. It also requires more setup and timing.

So like lux?

Nah. There's an order of magnitude more outplay opportunities in a single Lux E than in Jihn's entire kit (slight exaggeration). Never mind the utility her E and Q offer in team fights. it feels like the opportunity to root is important to this dude's kit, but he seems designed to never be positioned to use it in team fights. But...eh, we'll see soon enough. I'm sure he'll be fine, but decidedly one of the more limited ADCs in scope and variety.

Depends on the mana costs and the cooldowns. That root can't have a short cool down tbh

yep.

dimb

That's... every skillshot?

Caitlyn's is a single shot, targeted nuke shot from any angle.

Jhin's is 4 line skillshots shot in a particular direction with fourth being the most important. It's more akin to Combining Jinx W and Xerath ult and confining it to a conal area. It also requires more setup and timing.
I mean...there are plenty of skillshots that cannot be body blocked. The similarities to Caitlyn are high in that there will usually be some kind of warning, the caster is immobilized, and ideally the team of the person being sniped is able to help mitigate or block the damage if it cannot be dodged.

It's just really boring to me on paper. Loads and loads of AD carries have this similar long range burst/snipe. Jinx was already a play on Caitlyn's ult, but the AOE blast on it made it more challenging to body block, and as a skillshot there could be times where there was little to no warning of it coming in. Graves. Lucian. Ezreal. These are champions that technically have very different ults, but the vibe of them winds up feeling the same to me. You snipe people out of your attack range. Jhin has a more regulated snipe, like the rest of his kit, but its the same basic concept.

When you think about it, Jhin's ult isn't really that different than say Corki or Kog'maw in use. Lots of pieces of Jhin almost feel like they were used before he even came out. The ammo system on Graves. The emphasis on kill sniping with Kog'maw once someone runs or is low on HP.

Quonny

He marks targets.

So many marks. I want a team full of champions that mark people and I want to see what they look like all stacked on one opponent.

zkylon

zkylewd
also the other thing that i find kind of bad about him is that for all the flair of his teasers in game he's like, a dude with a gun?

there's not much in his kit that says elegance or madness or some sort of morbid murderous beauty or whatever

passive he has a gun, q is a bouncing grenade, w is a gun, e is a flower thing and ult is another gun

he has some dance moves in his animations and he'll probably have really good vo but there doesn't seem to be a real kit-theme cohesion the way there is in ekko or bard

I wouldn't say Ekko has good kit cohesion either. Besides his ult the rest of his kit is pretty fucking bland and says nothing about his time theme. Same goes for Bard, like he has his E, rest of his kit is a bunch of random shit.

also the other thing that i find kind of bad about him is that for all the flair of his teasers in game he's like, a dude with a gun?

there's not much in his kit that says elegance or madness or some sort of morbid murderous beauty or whatever

passive he has a gun, q is a bouncing grenade, w is a gun, e is a flower thing and ult is another gun

he has some dance moves in his animations and he'll probably have really good vo but there doesn't seem to be a real kit-theme cohesion the way there is in ekko or bard

Like why? His arsenal is really random

zkylon

zkylewd
bard - most of his spells are really weird and unique and feel like other-dimension-y. he's a champion kind of defined by doing things no other champion can do, like disabling turrets/baron or creating tunnels through walls. the tunnels specially represent his way of moving through dimensions or whatever the fuck he does. he's also supposed to be a wandering god thing and that's represented in his chime collecting. i think his design is well represented in his kit

ekko - he's about time travel, so there's a definite timing element to most of his kit, moreso than probably any other champion. his q has two different speeds, w has a really long ramp up, ult is takes him back a few seconds. he's also good a lot of slows and speed ups, again playing with the idea of time and speed

imo they're good examples of theme - kit

Quonny

I agree. I just don't see the connection. Not that there HAS to be one to make a fun-to-play champion or anything. Kit > theme.

He's insane because he has to root for a little for his ult? Kinda weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom