• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quonny

Shen has a lot of disrupting abilities now.

His Q slows enemies moving away from him. His W makes your allies dodge attacks. His E taunts. His ult is a shield.

He's incredibly disruptive in team fights. The only issue I'm seeing is his laning phase. His passive having a long CD is gonna make him really easy to bully in lane. No ranged abilities whatsoever, too.

Neol

Shen looking pretty good.

Not really feeling the sword but then again I always found his overall theme to be weird since he's a tank ninja.

Kenai

With little to no ranged poke i think he will not be as good as a support, but maybe with the new shield he will be better.

Poke is important bot but won't make or break him with that much CC in his kit, especially if either his ADC can poke or he can regularly activate his passive to shrug off some of it if any of his CDs are somewhat low since he doesn't have to worry about mana..

If he can do a solid move combo over and over again (E + Q, need to see the CDs on those) and shrug off some of the dmg with his passive + Relic line healing before even considering his W, he should be able to trade favorably on a regular basis considering how crucial AA is down there. Tank champs like Shen who are both designed for toplane and are supposed to build tanky usually have good base dmg and that matters quite a bit bot too (part of the reason Tahm is such a threat down there even with a tank support build, his baseline dmg is pretty good) .

Being able to ignore AA dmg temporarily should be a pretty huge deal (though I really don't understand how the sword positioning works when he isn't using an ability, that could be a big deal too). If he had ranged on top of that I'd probably already be calling him broken without even seeing his baseline dmg. He'd be forcing almost everyone out of lane.

Quonny

How good Shen is is going to depend on the CD of his Q. If it's <4 seconds base, it'll be fine, because it'll allow you to position it a couple times in a team fight. If it's longer, he'll be useless.

He's still energy, so I'd assume it'd be very short.

garath

Ali, Garen (sorta), Jax, Hecarim, Rammus, Renekton (sorta), Trynda (sorta), Udyr, Vi (sorta), Voli (sorta), Zac (sorta), Xin (sorta)

I'm not counting close range abilities or dashes so that's what where the sorta goes in

Ah. Alistar and jax are good comparisons. Actually I can see shen support functioning very similarly to Ali in lane.

Luigi87

Hm, Draven and Trynd get new skins... their previous came out in June...

Maybe... maybe next PBE cycle Irelia will get a new skin that is 975 or more D=

Sej skin too, but she doesn't count for this plea

Luigi87

So Beast Hunter skins are literally Monster Hunter skins

They are.
Heck, Sejuani's is essentially Female Gunner Ziongre
wzNxAwR.jpg

pigeon

Banned
So riot clarified that the sword spawns when Shen spawns and leashes behind him when he walks away (pretty far, like offscreen). If Shen TPs the sword does too. When he Qs the sword comes immediately to him.

So my dream has come true, you will drag the sword behind you from fountain like a dog that does not want to go for a walk, and then take Q first so that it doesn't just hang out under turret while you're trying to CS.

Kenai

Actually support Shen with that W looks ridiculous. Need to see how long that CD is.

This. I immediately thought of taunting an ADC or squishy support in his W while my ADC is busy shooting them and began to salivate when i saw his E was still a taunt and his kit added a slow for running away from him. :x

zkylon

zkylewd
It's monetization, chest cap per year would screw that up. Cap per champ is weird but I guess it lets you promise the player like 200 free potential chests.
not really, cos a monthly cap already exists, so there is a 48 chest cap per year that's just not explicit

i'm just saying

keep monthly cap at 4
make yearly cap 24 instead of 48
remove cap per champ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom