• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel like new shen is prolly gonna be a much worse laner? no free poke, no on-demand shield , no sustain

he probably got a big stat boost or something

edit: nvm forgot about his new passive

hmm

so yeah, that VO

pretty fucked up and cool
tumblr_n16dbyLGT31robjmco1_250.gif

This is the way how I imagine the VA did his lines

Looking at the patch notes, the Rumble collision buff seems huge but that could be because I really like Rumble. Less jank is always a good thing.

The Stormraider buff is interesting, the 75% slow resistance could be useful for some assassins or bruisers, it could be really dumb on Irelia with her passive.

Shen might actually be fun once his update hits live.

Idk about these Mundo nerfs. If they want to target Jungle Mundo theyre better off nerfing the bonus AD from E at early levels. It's very strong at Lv1 and benefits a lot from the Machete LS.

zkylon

zkylewd
anyone have ot subtitle suggestions?

i kinda like jhin, i'm only dancing but that's a bowie reference that no one cares about haha

zkylon

zkylewd
Assassin (Cunning, tier 2)
Damage boost increased to 2% from 1.5%
Only deals extra damage to enemy champions instead of all

i think this is the stupidest mastery why are you buffing it (tbh this is probably a net nerf but still)

Flubbed hard when I tried Kat and Caitlyn out for the first time. With Kat on Mid Lane The enemy was a billy Bull dude. I was able to get first blood on him but they soon swapped lanes and Morgona just ate me up :/

With Caitlyn ... idk if I'm just not feeling her like I felt Trist or if it was the match up or what but that was a terrible game. Got a Soraka Support with me ...we get to lane and are greeted by a damn Yi and Diana (the fuck o_O). I feel like Soraka is a great Support, I think Caitlyn warrants praise ... but I don't think that's a good match up against those 2 characters at all. Chat out that we need to swap cause we are a BAD match up for them and of course no one replies or tries to help.

Picked Soraka for the next random and I ate it again ( feel like Soraka may not be a good match for Kalisa. She didn't use her ult once which makes sense in that she would be tossing her healer at the enemy team ..)

Got Trist with the AD rune page for the next 2 matches and just rolled all over the enemy team. She feels more ... complete now than before. I can really see how runes effect things better now.

Loving Trist, think I might get her Dragon Tamer Skin after I hit 30. But I want to love other characters to, still holding out hope for Jinx, Quinn and other characters half off this month.

So he needs his reloads for any aa he does. For some reason I thought that was something to compliment his aas.

Edit: Havent played graves so dont know if that how his is as well.

Edit 2: Full 1.0 ratio on flowers, like .6 on his grenades. AP ratios fyi.

Kenai

Ali, Blitz, Leona?

Tahm ain't even a play maker, he's pretty much the opposite of that

Tahm's far more aggressive than Ailstair or the Windspeaker supports and has to be on the front line to boot. He can do some heavy denial too but nothing like them, while putting himself in more danger at the same time. His lane really isn't passive at all.

Lol blitz and Leo are more of a play maker

Edit: meant to quote the guy talkin about thresh.

Landing a hook or ult is making a play, yea, but I'm talking like Thresh Lantern type stuff that pulls your ADC out of the fire or pulls a jungler in for a kill based on you. Leona and Blitz do chain CC, which is good but isn't something I can't get elsewhere.

JulianImp

Ali, Blitz, Leona?

Tahm ain't even a play maker, he's pretty much the opposite of that

I've been having fun using Nautilus as a support, mostly because he's really tanky thanks to his W and has lots of CC to harass mispositioned enemies. I've learned that keeping his Q up as a follow-up whenever possible rather than using it to initiate is a better use of it since it sometimes forces people to flash away to avoid getting hit by yet another E and basic attack. I've also finally realized that his Q's true range extends a tiny bit more than the preview graphic, which gives me a bit more range to retreat with it.

I also love it when my opponents forget Naut's passive and try to chase down my weakened squishy allies, so I can just walk up to them and land my anchor to thwart any attempts at finishing them off.

Kenai

Yea I don't go just by winrates when accessing champion strength, but Tahm's highest winrate is in toplane and he barely cracks the top 10 there. His winrate is below 50% in other roles.(although speaking as a support I am guessing a lot of that botlane is due to FQC/TLord dominance which he isn't a part of. his winrate there is currently below the likes of Lux and Galio support, while the top 5 include Sona, Trundle and of course Janna at #1, who counters him pretty handily and is THE most boring lane of all time to vs except Soraka).

After FQC is dealt with and the mastery power is shuffled up a bit I am interested to see where his winrate falls. I don't think he is weak at all, but also don't think he is overpowered.

TheFlow

Banned
Tahm's far more aggressive than Ailstair or the Windspeaker supports and has to be on the front line to boot. He can do some heavy denial too but nothing like them, while putting himself in more danger at the same time. His lane really isn't passive at all.

Landing a hook or ult is making a play, yea, but I'm talking like Thresh Lantern type stuff that pulls your ADC out of the fire or pulls a jungler in for a kill based on you. Leona and Blitz do chain CC, which is good but isn't something I can't get elsewhere.
the lantern is what makes thresh unique otherwise he would just be the same as every other hook support

Kenai

the lantern is what makes thresh unique otherwise he would just be the same as every other hook support

Yea, that's how I feel about Tahm W, it's so unique and I love that I can use it for both offense and defense playmaking just like Thresh Lantern instead of the more binary skills like hooks and skillshots and stuns (and I love being able to poke some as a tank with Q too, just like I can poke a bit with Thresh AA). If it wasn't for that, he'd just be another tank character (with a mediocre soloQ ult).

People can dislike him all they like (opinions are fun, really!) and maybe it's cause I play him so much that I know who I hate playing against (and pick them into him to deal with it botlane, and unironically champion.gg agrees with a lot of my choices), but I would rather face Tahm than a number of other botlane supports who I find more dangerous to vs (or more boring). Everything he does outside his W ally save is extremely telegraphed thanks to his icons, grey health indicator and ult channel.

drawkcaB

Seems like it would be strong devourer jglrs and Yas? Especially Yi. Devourers with 30% lifesteal gonna be so crazy. Is there not a cd for it?

Likely not. The build up is either time based on based on critical strikes, so Sated Devourer doesn't make it stack faster. Sated Devourer is generally paired with other on-hit items, generally Rageblade and/or BotRK, and none of those give crit chance. Without those critical strikes it takes 30 seconds for the effect to build up.

It's well targeted at ADCs, though I suspect the odd melee champion who dips in crit chance might be able to use it. I'm just not sure if the latter set of champions aren't better off still going Thunderlord's or Fervor of Battle with it's new 112AD cap at only 8 stacks.

DRE Fei

Jhin's W range is insane, like almost from 1 outer mid tower to the other.

Crit dmg is 150% instead of the normal 200% though. I've been getting IE first and it seemed ok. He gets very high amounts of AD late game but that's somewhat offset by his slow attack speed and 2.5 second reload which can't be affected by items.

Auto range is 550 like draven/vayne.

Honestly I see this guy more in mid than bot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom