• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me, the two others on my team and probably someone on the enemy team. No doubt they're this toxic in other games too.

But by all means, explain how me being matched up with them in a pool of god knows how many EU players shouldn't be surprising.

I actually did wait, at least, long enough to brew up. I'm not expecting them to get banned instantly, but I shouldn't be paired with them.
Because that wouldn't be abused to hell and back. At all.

Because that wouldn't be abused to hell and back. At all.

What does it have to do with abuse?

There is enough players on the server for me not to be paired with them in the following game without me "knowing" my actions in previous post-game affected them being on my team/game. It's a simple QoL thing.

The fact there seemingly isn't a check for cross-team consensus (1+ hon opponent, 2+ form own team) on player feedback affecting pairing is poor.

Edwardo

What does it have to do with abuse?

There is enough players on the server for me not to be paired with them in the following game without me "knowing" my actions in previous post-game affected them being on my team/game. It's a simple QoL thing.

The fact there seemingly isn't a check for cross-team consensus (1+ hon opponent, 2+ form own team) on player feedback affecting pairing is poor.

Because you can just be like, Oh I'll report this dude because he's playing a champion I don't like on my team. Now i'll never be matched with him again.

Do I really have to explain how instantly making sure you're not matched with people you report could be abused in high ELOs?

My first comment clearly mentions a rather large player pool.

Again, it's clear any avoiding system isn't already implemented so if there is one I'm sure Riot would make sure it can't be abused for a small minority of their 70 million accounts.
Because you can just be like, Oh I'll report this dude because he's playing a champion I don't like on my team. Now i'll never be matched with him again.
But it isn't. I was quite specific about this from the off.

Riot already has a system in place, it's called dodging

You said it yourself, it's a big playerbase, what are the odds of getting matched with someone back to back in anything below Diamond, specially in the second largest server in the game? Do you honestly expect Riot to implement a system that would straight up ruin Challenger not to mention whatever server load it could add with the extra matchmaking work just for those super fringe cases?

Riot already has a system in place, it's called dodging
Collective punishment? Brilliant.
RYou said it yourself, it's a big playerbase, what are the odds of getting matched with someone back to back in anything below Diamond, specially in the second largest server in the game?
Odds wouldn't have anything to do with it if they filtered out a duo that had been roundly negged.
Do you honestly expect Riot to implement a system that would straight up ruin Challenger not to mention whatever server load it could add with the extra matchmaking work just for those super fringe cases?
But it wouldn't have to ruin anything if was done properly.

But it wouldn't have to ruin anything if was done properly.
What is "done properly"? If you're in Diamond or above you can't filter out trolls? Is that fair? What kind of system do you expect to be put in place that can suit matchmaking to your tastes in the span of 5 minutes?

garath

Practically speaking, sure it's possible to factor reports into the matchmaking but how do you implement that effectively?

It has to not impact high elo - so what's high elo? You start seeing some of the same people in queue low diamond and up. Do you just turn the system off over a certain mmr?

We wouldn't want it to impact matchmaking time. But now we're talking about factoring in a table of reports by the pool of people in matchmaking against the other people in matchmaking and start to selectively eliminate people from that matchmaking pool. This is a) time consuming and B) effectively creating a community driven low priority queue.

How long should this exclusion last? The day? A week? Forever?

This is a LOT of data to add to an already lengthy matchmaking process.

And it is really ripe for abuse. What if you thought the person just didn't play well, now you can report them and instantly not be on a team with them again.

pigeon

Banned
League already has the right solution which is that if you report them and their behavior is consistently bad they'll just get banned and you definitely won't queue with them again.

It just, you know, takes a while most of the time.

What is "done properly"?
Done properly would be avoiding getting paired with ~2 people you, your team and the enemy team negged in the previous game. I can't think of any sane reason why you should get paired with them immediately.
If you're in Diamond or above you can't filter out trolls? Is that fair?
Why wouldn't this be the case?
What kind of system do you expect to be put in place that can suit matchmaking to your tastes in the span of 5 minutes?
What's wrong with the one I've outlined? The algorithm seems fairly straightforward even in a small pool of 90,000 people of D5+.

Done properly would be avoiding getting paired with ~2 people you, your team and the enemy team negged in the previous game. I can't think of any sane reason why you should get paired with them immediately.
Because it's a competitive ladder and you shouldn't pick who you get paired with no matter the circumstances. The planets aligned and you got matched with someone a second time in a row? Tough luck.
Why wouldn't this be the case?
So it's all right if high elo players get trolls and can't do anything about it? lol
What's wrong with the one I've outlined? The algorithm seems fairly straightforward even in a small pool of 90,000 people of D5+.
Because it's abusable. One salty team reports someone for whatever reason, now that person will have difficulty getting matched with 9 people in their division. Have a bunch of people doing that at the same time and you can't see how much of a mess this could make for everyone, even in a big pool? Plus you expect a system to filter out this shit among thousands of players who might be using it at the same time, adjust it accordingly individually and immediatly after a game for all of them without greatly increasing queue times? Just for this one in a million occurence? How is this even remotely feasible?

Question, does the Windblessing Keystone work on self heals? Client tooltip says it works on self heals, but in game it says it doesn't. So I didn't bother with it. Since I figured the ingame one was correct.

On LoL forums some posts saying it does work on self heals, the ingame tool tip is wrong.

If it does work on self heals, would it be good over TL on Vlad?

Question, does the Windblessing Keystone work on self heals? Client tooltip says it works on self heals, but in game it says it doesn't. So I didn't bother with it. Since I figured the ingame one was correct.

On LoL forums some posts saying it does work on self heals, the ingame tool tip is wrong.

If it does work on self heals, it would be good over TL on Vlad?
I don't think it's supposed to work on self heals.

Nekofrog

Banned
windspeakers isn't currently supposed to work on vlad, but it does, unless they hotfixed it very recently. i don't know if it's fixed or will be on patch.

Because it's a competitive ladder and you shouldn't pick who you get paired with no matter the circumstances. The planets aligned and you got matched with someone a second time in a row? Tough luck.
It's an indirect way of "picking" who you get paired with, if anything, that's how the current system works once someone gets banned.
So it's all right if high elo players get trolls and can't do anything about it? lol
You keep saying this and still haven't said why this is an issue for high ELO and why a robust system couldn't handle it.
Because it's abusable. One salty team reports someone for whatever reason, now that person will have difficulty getting matched with 9 people in their division. Have a bunch of people doing that at the same time and you can't see how much of a mess this could make for everyone, even in a big pool?
You're making it sound like I'm aching for a one strike and you're out policy when from the off I made it clear that wasn't what I was arguing for.
doesnt work in the challenger pool of 200 or less.
There isn't any reason why a robust system can't work.

It's an indirect way of "picking" who you get paired with, if anything, that's how the current system works once someone gets banned.

You keep saying this and still haven't said why this is an issue for high ELO and why a robust system couldn't handle it.

You're making it sound like I'm aching for a one strike and you're out policy when from the off I made it clear that wasn't what I was arguing for.

There isn't any reason why a robust system can't work.
You still haven't explained why a super rare occurence warrants a robust system? I can count on one hand how many times I got matched with someone I already played with in low ELO solo Q let alone back to back and that's on NA which is a smaller server and I don't even play on rush hours.

Why wouldn't it be an issue in high ELO? Trolls are trolls, no one likes that shit so if you make it so they can't use it then you're segregating them for no reason. And if you do allow them such a system now you have people that face each other constantly reporting each other so they can weed out who they get matched with. Nightblue is shit? Report him and now you get real junglers! Can't beat Froggen? Don't play with Froggen!

Also if you don't want a one strike and you're out policy then why would such a system need to exist in the first place? If someone gets reported constantly they'll get banned

You still haven't explained why a super rare occurence warrants a robust system? I can count on one hand how many times I got matched with someone I already played with in low ELO solo Q let alone back to back.
I already said it seems like an obvious thing to implement from a QoL point of view.
Also if you don't want a one strike and you're out policy then why would such a system need to exist in the first place?
Cross-team consensus on them being fools shouldn't put them back in a game with people who voted them down. For all the thins Riot have done to combat "toxicity" it's a sure fire way to shit champ select up form the off.
Can't wait for the Yasuo and Shen comps /s

Cross team consensus can also mean 9 people being douchebags. It's not that simple which is why things like instant bans only come from extreme cases where there's no room for debate.

If you give players a way to adjust matchmaking they'll abuse it 100%. Plus you can't say it's obvious or just a QoL change if you don't know how Riot's matchmaking works, programming ain't never that simple as the spaghetti patches will show you.

That Shen kit looks really, really weird. He sounds like a jungler.
Ehhhh. Floating sword that just hangs out there. And now he's 100% melee. I'm not sure if I like champs that don't even have a single ranged ability. I guess riven is one? Hard pressed to think of another.

Not to mention the comment that he'll have unlimited shielding. That sounds fun to play against.
Windslash

Ehhhh. Floating sword that just hangs out there. And now he's 100% melee. I'm not sure if I like champs that don't even have a single ranged ability. I guess riven is one? Hard pressed to think of another.

Not to mention the comment that he'll have unlimited shielding. That sounds fun to play against.
Rivens ult is ranged. I think that there is no truly all melee champs.
Wait so his w can't activate unless the is an allied champion nearby? Does that mean he only has 2 skills in lane now?
No i think you can use it in lane.

garath

That Shen kit looks really, really weird. He sounds like a jungler.

Windslash

Yeah. I excluded the ult because it's an ult but it does qualify as a ranged attack I guess lol.

I think riven gets a pass becasue of her high mobility too. Lack of range is rarely a problem for her when her Q is almost always up.

This new shen sounds like a strange duck. I guess super tank is his compensation for a single mobility skill and no range at all.

Ali, Garen (sorta), Jax, Hecarim, Rammus, Renekton (sorta), Trynda (sorta), Udyr, Vi (sorta), Voli (sorta), Zac (sorta), Xin (sorta)

I'm not counting close range abilities or dashes so that's what where the sorta goes in

Ali, Garen (sorta), Jax, Hecarim, Rammus, Renekton (sorta), Trynda (sorta), Udyr, Vi (sorta), Voli (sorta), Zac (sorta), Xin (sorta)

I'm not counting close range abilities or dashes so that's what where the sorta goes in
Yeah it changes for what you call ranged and melee.

I hope they change his splash art now that he only uses one sword.

I thought the Taric rework was scheduled next.
Who?
:^)

pigeon

Banned

Tank Orianna.

I don't get how his Spirit Sword works? Like can he position it anywhere or is it in a fixed position around him as he moves?
BoRK looks like it'd be good on him based on his new Q.

It seems like Q and R both move the blade to his position, and otherwise it doesn't move. So in order to put the blade somewhere he has to go there. (I'm guessing it disappears if he gets far enough away, but it would be pretty funny if it didn't and you had to Q it from fountain to top lane or whatever.)

Kenai

Hmmm. Sounds like I'll have to buy Shen. I was waiting until his update to see if support Shen would still be a thing (I didn't want to add him otherwise). I think he will be a fine choice botlane (if perhaps situational).

Hmmm. Sounds like I'll have to buy Shen. I was waiting until his update to see if support Shen would still be a thing (I didn't want to add him otherwise). I think he will be a fine choice botlane (if perhaps situational).
With little to no ranged poke i think he will not be as good as a support, but maybe with the new shield he will be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom