• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

kenbo

havent done that mode in soooo long. since the beginning times when I started. I've found that its just as fast (or a smidge slower) to finish Coop AI Bot game for a WoTD.

They'll bring it back as a featured game mode and everybody will play it

Blizzard

Banned
It's the snowball meta nowadays guys. Longer death timers and paper turrets mean that if one person gets picked, the other team can easily segue that kill into Rift Herald, tower(s), dragon, or even a baron attempt. Teams have to play a calculating style because mistakes are punished more harshly than ever.

Couple thoughts:

- Riot needs to buff turrets quite a bit for the first few minutes of the game. Seeing people playing PvE against the turrets is boring AF to watch. Teams should have to take a risk picking a scaling bot lane in a 2v2.

- BO2/BO3 can't come soon enough. Maybe lessening the importance of individual games will get teams to experiment more.

- If you want better games, watch NA Challenger Series. Teams aren't as afraid to make mistakes, and the casting is a lot more relaxed and funny than it is in the LCS. My favorite league to watch by far. Phreak, Sata, and Zirene are great to listen to.
I'm having the opposite experience but as a player rather than as a viewer. I -wish- ranked games took 20-30 minutes so that I could iterate and maybe practice/learn faster.

Instead, even with snowball / turrets / whatever is the current situation, I'm still having 48-50 minute games occasionally where I'm full build and alternatively selling and buying GA / banshees or something.

Oatmeal raisin is the best
I already admitted I may be in the minority for liking chocolate. Could it be, though, that different people have different preferences, and both should be allowed to exist without animosity in the world? It seems like a nice thought.

Nekofrog

Banned
looking at my ranked OP.GG match history:

The longest match in the last 12 days was 39 minutes long.

The next longest was 38 minutes, then 37, then a few at 35, a few at 34, and the rest 31 or under.

kenbo

telling you guys, oatmeal raisin cookies arent a thing in australia

in other news, RIP SHEN
Zed finally infiltrated Riot HQ and killed him

Blizzard

Banned
looking at my ranked OP.GG match history:

The longest match in the last 12 days was 39 minutes long.

The next longest was 38 minutes, then 37, then a few at 35, a few at 34, and the rest 31 or under.
op.gg shows a 40m17s game, a 48m28s game, a 40m24s game, a 44m29s game, a 45m21s game, a 44m18s game, and a 43m17s game.

So I guess only 35% of my recent games have gone over 40 minutes. I suspect it's because I live in the magical land of Bronzodia where anything can happen.

patchday

wtf, cant pick free to play heroes in ranked it seems. guess this just got changed?

I wonder why now

should make their mastery system useful and go by that like they do in Smite

c6SCEvg.jpg
2 tilt games later.

23qwerty

wtf, cant pick free to play heroes in ranked it seems. guess this just got changed?

I wonder why now

Pretty sure it was a bug that they were available in the first place. They didn't used to be able to be picked in ranked.

Blizzard

Banned

I wonder why now

For a while you couldn't play free champions. I don't know why they turned it back on.

Being able to play free champions in ranked mostly helps smurfs and hurts non-smurfs as far as I can tell.

JulianImp

So I played madoka Lux, but ended up getting paired against Lulu, who proceeded to harshly punish my lack of practice landing skillshots, but the enemy team's support Annie being AFK for half the game meant the team had a lead even with me dying three times to Lulu in laning phase and only killing her once. Once laning phase was over and people started roaming, my teammates were good at getting map control and I managed to help a fair bit during teamfights and do some farming while Lulu was busy trying to prevent other lanes from falling apart.

It felt really good that my team wasn't toxic about me still being a bad mid, since that really lifted a weight off of my shoulders and allowed me to focus on helping out on what I could without feeling like they were looking down on my every move. Ended up with a fairly decent 5/4/5 record, which I was quite happy with after how I was 1/3/0 as the post-laning phase started.

Can anyone explain me how changing champ works on ranked, sometimes I can trade my champ with others team members but sometimes dont, even if they have champs I own

JulianImp

Can anyone explain me how changing champ works on ranked, sometimes I can trade my champ with others team members but sometimes dont, even if they have champs I own

I think both of you need to have the champ you'll be trading to/for in order for that option to be available. Say, if I choose Ahri for my mid and he gets Lulu for me, we can only do the trade if both of us have Ahri and Lulu unlocked.

zkylon

zkylewd
good stuff on pbe

Malphite
Base health regen per second lowered to 1.4 from 1.6748
something not yet datamined to e

Ezreal
Trueshot Barrage (R) cooldown increased to 120 seconds from 80 seconds.

Jhin
HP regen per second increased to 1.2 from 1.1
HP regen per second growth increased to 0.11 from .1
Base Armor increased to 22 from 20
Movement Speed increased to 330 from 325

Sterak's Gage
Health lowered to 400 from 500.

also lucian nerfs (i guess) not yet datamined

also random stuff to urgot but who even knows what any of that means

pigeon

Banned
Shen jungle getting buffs! I suspect this will mostly help make it less boring to clear as Shen, since basically all you ever do is mash Q.

Jhin getting lots of...survivability buffs. Questionable!

Urgot getting teamfight CC on his ult. That's actually a big deal.

zkylon

zkylewd
whoa hextech crafting is live on turkey

apparently it'll be in beta there for like 4 weeks and then live everywhere else

holy shit i wasn't expecting it so soon

Yeah will all the CDR available 80s is way too low for that ult
i'm still confused about what broke him cos ezreal doesn't really build essence reaver

like was it frozen fist getting 20% cdr that broke him?

TheFlow

Banned
If I were a scholar my life's work would be researching bronze/silver picks and bans

He'll be permabanned for months after they nerf him
Yep and I have only seen one duskblade. We aren't even banning uydr

Bans are always mundo jax graves and some top laners/mids.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
i'm still confused about what broke him cos ezreal doesn't really build essence reaver

like was it frozen fist getting 20% cdr that broke him?
read how the masteries work. i said this before in the thread. ad carries that can quickly build shots benefit from the strong masteries in this game. now kog'maw can be there too.

jerd

Idk ez stacks fervor probably close to the slowest of any adc and he was strong during thunderlord craze too.

He does stack fervor very safely though as long as he lands Qs

patchday

how weird got a thank you msg (post game) from Riot for not afk'ing or leaving games as much recently.

huh? I never just quit games i dont get it. Now I know a couple months ago I used to crash a lot and got put on leavers

Top Bottom