• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Talents

Banned
oh they really sneaked those viktor nerfs

and they're not really all that small, that's 40 dmg he loses at rank 5, that's a ton

why?

he's not exceedingly popular or strong

Because fuck mages, amirite. There's totally not other champs out there that need nerfing.

Nekofrog

Banned
I don't think viktor should be able to be able one shot entire minion waves with one ability after recalling and spending 1k gold. His e should do reduced damage to minions but the overall actual damage shouldn't be hit.

Leezard

Him standing under the tower and healing faster than it can kill has has nothing to do with his crit. his on-hit heal triggers in towers. Always has.

I'm sounding like a broken record here: that video, disgusting as it is, isn't about the recent buff. 90% of what you're seeing was achievable before.

Is the heal still on-hit and not on-attack?

Hard

Banned
Probably a competitive focused nerf. Viktor has lot of waveclear so he can just kill waves and stall out a game until he gets his items and wrecks.

Gotta get them #lcsbigplays

Nekofrog

Banned
Yes, it's why you can build nashors tooth and lich bane and literally face tank towers at full hp and no minions and take it downdown without losing any health.

Ap xin had been one of the strongest things in the game for years but it has such a horrible early and mid game that nobody does it. The 1 out of 50 times it gets fed isn't worth it

Leezard

The tower thing is separate from whether it is on-hit or on-attack.

The point is that if the heal is on-attack now, then sated does not give a heal every second auto.

The crit is definitely on-attack, and I think it would be reasonable that the heal and the crit occurs at the same time, so that's why I'm asking; because if it's on-attack then bringing up sated is irrelevant.

Talents

Banned
I don't think viktor should be able to be able one shot entire minion waves with one ability after recalling and spending 1k gold. His e should do reduced damage to minions but the overall actual damage shouldn't be hit.

He can't? He can 1 shot the ranged minions but unless he is very far ahead, he can't 1 shot the enter minion wave early, just the casters.

zkylon

zkylewd
mages overall are fine, zhonyas suck but morellos/athenes buffs helped a lot

i guess? but he's not really a problem, so why bother?

like viktor isn't specially strong or anything, he's not oppressive or overtuned or pick or ban on competitive or anything, he's pretty ok

it's a really weird unprompted nerf, specially since he doesn't get anything to compensate

Probably a competitive focused nerf. Viktor has lot of waveclear so he can just kill waves and stall out a game until he gets his items and wrecks.

Gotta get them #lcsbigplays
no? he's barely even played in competitive

Yeah especially during a assassin meta and a meta where mages are weak.
none of this is true lol

He can't? He can 1 shot the ranged minions but unless he is very far ahead, he can't 1 shot the enter minion wave early, just the casters.
yeah, 1k g first back is only casters but he one shots the whole wave when he gets hex 2

but you don't have to be "very far ahead", if u can just hold out for hex 2 on ur first back then you're super set for the rest of the game and tbh it's not even that hard

that being said if it's not a problem why nerf it

pigeon

Banned
The tower thing is separate from whether it is on-hit or on-attack.

The point is that if the heal is on-attack now, then sated does not give a heal every second auto.

The crit is definitely on-attack, and I think it would be reasonable that the heal and the crit occurs at the same time, so that's why I'm asking; because if it's on-attack then bringing up sated is irrelevant.

They don't happen at the same time. If you build devourer, they will get out of sync.

zkylon

zkylewd
i really think ppl are overrating that dakkar item, tho i only played one game and no one built it haha

but it doesn't seem so broken for me

zkylon

zkylewd
btw i can be the lulu for our juggermaw komp

just need for lulu to be on sale

champ sales for mages have been pretty shitty lately

that 40 damage at rank 5 for Viktor ain't shit compared to that level 1 20 damage q nerf to syndra a while back. god damn

i mean, yeah, but then syndra got a ton of bugfixes that kind of brought her back

also fqc is pretty massive for her

Hard

Banned
Another win as Renekton vs. Shen.

Shen is annoying to deal with as Renek because his E is hard to dodge, and his W directly counters yours. Manage to pick him off (he was the only team) and win the game.

B3 promos up next.

drawkcaB

Is the heal still on-hit and not on-attack?

On-hit. So with a sated devourer and hybrid items Xin is healing for something stupid like 150hp every two AAs he completes.

It's a really messed up mechanic, both sated and Xin's W. Hell, even Xin's Q knock up 2-hit with sated doesn't jive well gameplay wise. An "easy" champion shouldn't be so goddamn esoteric.

Man I'd love a Shen scale rework for Xin.

Talents

Banned
The new PD is actually really really good on Yasuo. You don't even notice the missing damage from shiv that much. I actually prefer it to Shiv atm.

got another yas on my time this time mid. He went 17/8 and we won. yay

yas players man like a double edge sword picking him.

Nah man, Yasuo best champ.
ucKV3oo.png

Nekofrog

Banned
so on another subject, i think i've watched maybe 3 or 4 competitive games since the season started. i used to love it, and ogn was my ish. but the games are all so bad now with the way the game has changed. they're soooo boring.

so on another subject, i think i've watched maybe 3 or 4 competitive games since the season started. i used to love it, and ogn was my ish. but the games are all so bad now with the way the game has changed. they're soooo boring.
EU is fucking garbage and boring. NA has too many shitshows so I watch like two or three games a week.

Nothing fucking happens for 20 minutes because teams are too scared to do anything, fuck up, enemy snowballs and now they don't know how to handle it. It's awful.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Yea I used to religiously watch pro-league. Couldn't get enough so I would even watch the LCK vods because it was so good. But now I skip EU and LCK all together and just watch a couple NA games since they're just not as entertaining sadly.

This whole lane swap 0v4 tower push into ResidentSleeper bullshit for the first 20 minutes is soooooo boring to watch. I miss the days of crazy ass level 1 team fights in the jungle.

NA is hilarious to watch. They are basically going full WWE, I fully expect Zion to hit Doublelift in the head with a chair while he's split pushing alone with no vision one of these days.

Dignitas always makes me smile, most of the time for the wrong reasons.

pigeon

Banned
I am a little bummed at the way NA LCS has turned out. There's too dramatic a division between the contender teams and the also-rans, so a lot of the games are kind of not worth watching. Like I'm just not that excited about watching Renegades vs Echo Fox. No matter who wins, I lose.

Hard

Banned
It's the snowball meta nowadays guys. Longer death timers and paper turrets mean that if one person gets picked, the other team can easily segue that kill into Rift Herald, tower(s), dragon, or even a baron attempt. Teams have to play a calculating style because mistakes are punished more harshly than ever.

Couple thoughts:

- Riot needs to buff turrets quite a bit for the first few minutes of the game. Seeing people playing PvE against the turrets is boring AF to watch. Teams should have to take a risk picking a scaling bot lane in a 2v2.

- BO2/BO3 can't come soon enough. Maybe lessening the importance of individual games will get teams to experiment more.

- If you want better games, watch NA Challenger Series. Teams aren't as afraid to make mistakes, and the casting is a lot more relaxed and funny than it is in the LCS. My favorite league to watch by far. Phreak, Sata, and Zirene are great to listen to.

No he had it right and both of you are bad people and should feel bad.

What are you, 40? Oatmeal raisin is disgusting.

Nekofrog

Banned
I am a little bummed at the way NA LCS has turned out. There's too dramatic a division between the contender teams and the also-rans, so a lot of the games are kind of not worth watching. Like I'm just not that excited about watching Renegades vs Echo Fox. No matter who wins, I lose.

i mean that sentiment has always existed, but there was still fun to be found in those games.

now it's just the same two types of games played out over and over and over

type 1: nobody does anything because they're afraid to lose because death timers are so freaking long
type 2: cant tell what the hell is happening because everything that's happening makes no sense. like no thought is going in to why people are doing what they do.

the second version isnt even reserved soley for the bad teams. even TSM is prone to that crap.

TheFlow

Banned
WOOH SILVER 5!

won my promo but we almost lost because teemo was rekting our team. I told everyone on my team to buy a red and they did.

drawkcaB

Now remember that they make balance changes around that tripe and despair.

Top Bottom