• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

zkylon

zkylewd
there's a kinda cool kinda questionable carnaval event for latin america soon-ish

there's gonna be prizes ranging from party ip bonuses to mystery skins and wards depending on how many points the community earns

the community earn points by playing as premades which is all fine but then it gets weird

there's apparently gonna be 10 masked champions that will be revealed later and will earn ppl extra points for playing them

and you get points in every queue, including ranked

uhhh i don't feel so great about pressuring ppl to pick certain champions in ranked

I am gonna buy Lucian to expand my ADC pool, is that good or go for Quinn.

I heard corki is strong too but I have no idea which adc is the best now

patchday

wow playing Nid jungle in Normals actually helped improved my Vi ranked play. See, I finally got good at using Nid's pounce (her E or whatevs) to cross terrain and obstacles. Now making much better use of Vi's charge. Got Vi at mastery 5 but still learn how to improve on her

iosefe

Someone went support Yi with a Lucian against my Naut with Kog.

They bullied well, but top and mid got fed, then we got fed, and it was just a really good game.

It makes me consider streaming. I had an idea for a series called Bronze Plays.

Riot needs to hurry up and add in that feature that lets people restart a ranked search if someone disconnects early in the game. Just had a jungler leave 1 min in and we didn't get a loss prevented.

zzzz

Calvero

Banned
Someone went support Yi with a Lucian against my Naut with Kog.

They bullied well, but top and mid got fed, then we got fed, and it was just a really good game.

It makes me consider streaming. I had an idea for a series called Bronze Plays.

It was a Jhin doe :b
You should do that stream. I've had similar ideas for a stream, but I don't have a good enough rig or connection to stream.

23qwerty

Found where Riot got Vladimir's floating blood thing from

FwtsOhV.gif

Wow, watched some tips and tricks for warding and good warding placement is a life saver.

As Diana I like to favor the left side of the lane in relation to her so that my Q hits better so I placed the ward in the normal place ( side bush) and one in the tip of the 2nd side entrance to the river behind that side. Was poking down the Fizz and saw the enemy Xin running towards mid for a gank so I backed off. It happened again and I backed off. Fizz was really low, I was half health with no mana, wouldna been the prefect time for him if I didn't have vision. As I leave he tries to take over the lane until Fizz comes back but then my JG jumps him and I swoop in for first blood.

He apparently raged out and went AFK for a bit according to Fizz (I think Fizz was just trying to misdirect cause he was being trolly but the next time I saw Xin he was so much lower than us). It really does tilt JGs when they can't get their ganks off. Been doing this to JGs ever since I stepped up my warding game.

I don't get why I don't normally see obsessive warding when I watch high ranked Youtubers playing. I drop one when ever I have one up. Maybe they just do it when they're doing super ranked stuff.

pigeon

Banned
It's interesting in solo q to determine whether to upgrade to blue trinket or not. In most games I actually don't because I want the extra charge. I'm usually warding for a short-term need like "cover my ass while I split push" or "get side vision while we siege in mid" and having two wards makes it much easier to ward, do the thing and leave. But if nobody has blue trinket at all it's kind of a problem because you tend to lack vision near objectives.

Kenai

Ppl aren't banning Tahm as much in Silver. Been able to unbench the Kench at least 3 times today, yay.

Seems like the hotness to ban is like...Mundo/Graves/Jax still.

I'll be damned if I let Xin through if we aren't first picking him though.

I guess Bronze IV is filled with trolls too, got paired with a teemo sup with mana and speed spell who did nothing but stay on the turret, I am reaching 0 points on Bronze IV

zkylon

zkylewd
second malph nerf was

Ground Slam (E) damage reduced to 60/95/130/165/200 from 60/100/140/180/220

also this is interesting

Rumble
Electro-Harpoon (E) - now works on an ammo system!
Recharge time is 6 seconds, can store two shots.
really not much of a change for rumble, just a qol thing, but i like it

also bought the lady gaga ori skin

wish the recall wasn't so weird but can't say no to them proper vfx

Leezard

second malph nerf was

Ground Slam (E) damage reduced to 60/95/130/165/200 from 60/100/140/180/220

also this is interesting

really not much of a change for rumble, just a qol thing, but i like it

It's probably a buff most of the time. I think the second shot might not be usable during his overheat now, so that's a slight nerf.

zkylon

zkylewd
rumble's also getting shield buffs

i still think he'll get shit on by fiora

idk if this is legit cos it's not on sr@20 but sivir getting this change also?

On the Hunt Final IconOn the Hunt [ R ]
Initial Movement Speed bonus for Sivir decreased from 60% at all ranks to 40/50/60%.

why would you nerf sivir -__-

pigeon

Banned
It's so bittersweet to have a game where your opponent in lane dumps on you and you get behind, but the rest of your opponent's team is obviously terrible and so they throw repeatedly until you win.

Like, it's great that you won, but you know exactly how they feel at that moment.

Also it's kind of sad at my elo how many games you can win by getting one inhibitor, waiting for a teamfight win and just teleporting into their base.

kenbo

It's so bittersweet to have a game where your opponent in lane dumps on you and you get behind, but the rest of your opponent's team is obviously terrible and so they throw repeatedly until you win.

nah I love it

I can imagine how angry they are

'sorry about your team' ill say

Bittersweet?

I love being carried by an on point team when I'm in a bad match up. Tonight I feel like I had nothing but bad match ups (Diana vs Ryze, The FF rep off yordle and Fizz. Fizz not so much I guess but his jump is fucking annoying) though I did hold my own and won my lanes.

jerd

rumble's also getting shield buffs

i still think he'll get shit on by fiora

idk if this is legit cos it's not on sr@20 but sivir getting this change also?

That siv nerf was on the same pbe patch as the buff that lets her bounces crit iirc so I think it's just compensatory/preemptive

Ferga

Whole map is winning.

I'm outfarming enemy talon by 30cs 20minutes in.

Then our jungle grag wants to split push bot while they get a free baron. Game goes straight to shit with that decision.

God damn.

Why do I get put mid everytime I'm in the plat 1 promos. I'm going insane here.

That siv nerf was on the same pbe patch as the buff that lets her bounces crit iirc so I think it's just compensatory/preemptive
Sivir isn't in a spot where a buff needs compensation nerfs lol

It's not like W is applying on hits now, it's so unnecessary

jerd

Idk I feel like it's still a decent net buff

Maybe they want her niche to be wave clear adc instead of tank meta is fun adc

Calvero

Banned
so I just finished a game where i kind of flamed my teammates for bad calls they were making and telling them what they should look out for. i ended up getting 2 Friendly honors after game.

patchday

Riot needs to hurry up and add in that feature that lets people restart a ranked search if someone disconnects early in the game. Just had a jungler leave 1 min in and we didn't get a loss prevented.

zzzz

wish we could vote to end it sure

yeah its kinda stupid. They keep messing with her movement bonuses. Riot needs to sit down and figure out their vision for this game. I just cant fathom what warrants them to nerf a hero they've already fucked over plenty since I've been playing

cos waveclear

oh, good point. <Anger cooling down massively>

Calvero

Banned
man fuck this game. does no one know how to fucking push in this game. it was only me and ali pushing all game. every other fucker just cared about fucking farming. fuck this fucking game. ahhhhhhhh

wish we could vote to end it sure

an early surrender vote for teams with afks needs to happen

iosefe

It was a Jhin doe :b
You should do that stream. I've had similar ideas for a stream, but I don't have a good enough rig or connection to stream.
Jhin, Lucian, whatever...

I tried it before, had to drop down to 720p. Did two matches and recorded division skip from B4 to B2. But I didn't play ranked again last season

spuckthew

How does one buy RP on a different server? The client didn't like two of my cards (different providers). I even tried getting a pre-paid card from Amazon but after checkout it appeared as a cancelled order??

How does one buy RP on a different server? The client didn't like two of my cards (different providers). I even tried getting a pre-paid card from Amazon but after checkout it appeared as a cancelled order??

PayPal? Pre-paid cards? You can buy League pre-paid cards at game stores like GameStop or order them online from Amazon or similar.

spuckthew

PayPal? Pre-paid cards? You can buy League pre-paid cards at game stores like GameStop or order them online from Amazon or similar.

I tried PayPal too (forgot to mention) but had the same problem as my debit and credit cards. Amazon, as mentioned, screwed up somehow, though I'll try again later to make sure it wasn't a fluke.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
New Shen is much more fun. Not sure how I feel about the W, but the interaction between his Q and passive is such a huge improvement.

Leezard

The sunfire buff was nice for Shen too, helps his low winrate from just after the rework.

That reminds me, where is that gaffer who really hated sunfire?

Top Bottom