• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Talents

Banned
Yeah new Shen is pretty strong, especially early game. The auto buff his Q gives early does so much damage if he can hit you.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What build do you usually go?
I go sunfire> titanic> then full tank.
Probably have to play more. It's going to be pretty matchup dependent with where the game is at right now. I would imagine strong Shen players could just go Titanic first, but if you're less confident about the lane something like Sunfire would make more sense.

jerd

They need to get champ masteries 6 and 7 out asap flashing my level 5 when people bitch about me playing op or whatever isn't as satisfying anymore

pigeon

Banned
I'm really enjoying Shen as my top/jungle pick right now. His midgame spike with Titanic Hydra -> Warmog's is very strong. W is a great ability with a lot of skill cap room as I get better with him.

I am surprised to see people say his early game is good because I generally struggle, especially 1-3. Are people starting Q->W or Q->E?

Sunfire->Titanic->Swifties->Warmog's is generally what I build, but it's pretty poor against magic damage top laners I think. I am not sure whether to rush Banshee's or just do Titanic right away in that circumstance. Banshee's is obviously safer but it extends the period where Shen has no waveclear to speak of.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Warmog's blows right now and if you build it you're just not paying attention/out of it/memeing. There are loads of other items out there that offer strong HP pools and defensive or offensive stats depending on what you're looking for.

Pendas

Banned
The amount of Zed mid's since 6.3 has been infuriating. Half of my games involve a Zed going 5/0 against my mid-lane mage then proceeding to steamroll the rest of the game. His movement is ridiculous and anyone who says he's useless without his ult has never gone up against a good one. Gah.

/rant off.

DRE Fei

The amount of Zed mid's since 6.3 has been infuriating. Half of my games involve a Zed going 5/0 against my mid-lane mage then proceeding to steamroll the rest of the game. His movement is ridiculous and anyone who says he's useless without his ult has never gone up against a good one. Gah.

/rant off.

Pick Lulu or Lissandra

zkylon

zkylewd
zed is 100% useless without ult

if you're losing against that either you're playing bad or you played bad before and fed him

That siv nerf was on the same pbe patch as the buff that lets her bounces crit iirc so I think it's just compensatory/preemptive
yeah but it's weird cos it seems random and unnecessary

there might be more sivir changes tho, so then it'll make sense, idk

yeah its kinda stupid. They keep messing with her movement bonuses. Riot needs to sit down and figure out their vision for this game. I just cant fathom what warrants them to nerf a hero they've already fucked over plenty since I've been playing
this is a weirdo line of thought you have going on

figure out their vision for the game?

wtf lol

drawkcaB

so should sejuani build anything other than hp items

Abyssal Scepter if you want damage and your team has other good sources of magic damage. Frozen heart and thornmail are good pick-ups on her as well.

Also don't forget unsung supportive HP items like Face of the Mountain or Righteous Glory on tanky junglers. If you have a super fed carry and want to protect them in team fights than FotM is a great buy in Sejuani. Righteous Glory helps you team close-in after you initiation. Very good if you have an assassin heavy or low range team comp.

pigeon

Banned
Warmog's blows right now and if you build it you're just not paying attention/out of it/memeing. There are loads of other items out there that offer strong HP pools and defensive or offensive stats depending on what you're looking for.

This is a pretty unhelpful post, but thanks for the correction.

Looking at probuilds I see a lot of Spirit's Visage and Randuin's , so I will try that instead. I hate building Visage when the passive won't help me but it seems like it's just a good item for tankiness and CDR.

zkylon

zkylewd
zed is a snowbally champion and lissandra is not a good counter to him

she's alright but trading ults with zed still hurts her more than him

JulianImp

Madoka Lulu loses out on made-up ult VOs (all she says is "grow!"), but she's really grown on me.

And listening to her JP voice made me realize that the ES_LA VO has an awful literal translation in it: One of Lulu's "going" phrases is "recomiendo pasar" (which could mean "I suggest that you pass" or "I suggest you drop by"), but in JP it's just "skippu skippu!", which makes me think whoever was in charge of the ES_LA translation somehow thought Lulu's "skip skip" mean't "skip this thing" rather than Lulu cheerily skipping around as she walked.

Funny enough, my last game I had a Lissandra Mid against a Zed. He managed to get 7 kills on her in lane. How that happened still boggles my mind.
Well strictly speaking, all Zed really needs in that lane is an XP lead. If he can hit his EQ combos and keep her at around half hp, she's a free kill repeatedly. With that first kill, he gets his items online earlier and can chase her after her cc.

Though I imagine he probably had a little help from the jg.

zkylon

zkylewd
lizzy is more of a yasuu counter

she's ok against zed cos she can go the tanky route of like roa zhonyas but her lane isn't the greatest against him

Yes, Shen appears to be in a good place. I'm not sold on his late game, but his early and mid game are clearly strong.

That's why i stopped playing Shen and started with Garen. God, in early can be lame, but in mid and late can be a really good tank. Sadly,it's useless if the other top picks a marksman like Quinn.

BTW, i made a montage with the recent video of 'Love’s true test' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxd4qN4W2p8

Pendas

Banned
Well strictly speaking, all Zed really needs in that lane is an XP lead. If he can hit his EQ combos and keep her at around half hp, she's a free kill repeatedly. With that first kill, he gets his items online earlier and can chase her after her cc.

Though I imagine he probably had a little help from the jg.

I've been watching replays of my games to try and figure out some kind of counter (other than banning him outright), but it seems like once he hits 6 he just all-ins the mid-laner, 100-0's them, and repeats the process over and over. After 2 kills and a 2 level lead, he can pretty much tower dive with no issues, and any assistance from the jungler just leads to Zed shadowing away or getting a double.

The only counter that's reliable worked is having a tanky Mid, (Malph) but the chances of that ever happening are pretty slim.

zkylon

zkylewd
that's just zed

best counter is to pick someone like lulu or lux that can give a couple kills and still be relevant and wait for zed to throw

you can also run double exhaust on mid and support against him. if u have a tanky top that can clear and not be combo'd by zed and you only teamfight with exhaust up he's useless

Pendas

Banned
that's just zed

best counter is to pick someone like lulu or lux that can give a couple kills and still be relevant and wait for zed to throw

you can also run double exhaust on mid and support against him. if u have a tanky top that can clear and not be combo'd by zed and you only teamfight with exhaust up he's useless

Thanks, I'll try that out. I always Duo que with my support so we'll work on coordinating our exhaust usage for when he dives in with his ult.

zkylon

zkylewd
i wonder if the megatank splitpushing build will catch on, idk how popular it is already but banner into zztop sounds really annoying

Leezard

i wonder if the megatank splitpushing build will catch on, idk how popular it is already but banner into zztop sounds really annoying

Zzrot alone is really annoying, it makes it a lot harder to push against it.

I think the people that will build it will find success until people find a good way to stop it.

Talents

Banned

/rant off.

Yeah I've always banned Zed in ranked. Just an incredibly annoying champ to go against. Melee champ but has incredibly easy long range poke and farming ability. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

zkylon

zkylewd
so nobody wants to do placements with me next week/week after? :(

just play solo q dood

that's where pros are gonna play

right?

Zzrot alone is really annoying, it makes it a lot harder to push against it.

I think the people that will build it will find success until people find a good way to stop it.
i'm trying to suggest it to my singed main friend cos he was buying zz top already and i imagine singed might use banner better than most?

i feel like if it's really strong rito will step in and nerf it, it sounds like a really oppressive and unfun combination and while banner itself is a cool item, zz top is annoying and not bought by pretty much no one

drawkcaB

Why stop at split pushing? I've started to build zz'rot on tanks that don't split push and place the portals just a bit out of reach during sieges. The opposing team tends to either focus on the voidlings which gives our ADC an opening to land a few AAs or they do something stupid and move out of position trying to kill the portal.

Even in sieges it applies pressure.

zkylon

zkylewd
Why stop at split pushing? I've started to build zz'rot on tanks that don't split push and place the portals just a bit out of reach during sieges. The opposing team tends to either focus on the voidlings which gives our ADC an opening to land a few AAs or they do something stupid and move out of position trying to kill the portal.

Even in sieges it applies pressure.

yeah it's just how i saw it used on the fnatic game was just using it on a far away brush to create a slow push and just tie the enemy top to that lane

was pretty cool to see, but it's one of those things that are awesome to see once but if it's gonna be on every game i'm not so sure...

Talents

Banned
just play solo q dood

that's where pros are gonna play

I've asked a couple of pros on their streams within the last week or so and all of them have said they're going to play Solo queue. The only time they'd play dynamic is if the whole team wanted to do some 5s.

I've asked a couple of pros on their streams within the last week or so and all of them have said they're going to play Solo queue. The only time they'd play dynamic is if the whole team wanted to do some 5s.
Yeah, they're totes going to stop playing duos, specially ADCs like Sneaky who queues with their support often.

Nekofrog

Banned
If riot took their time they could've made the new queue system better. Fix the role selection, have a check box for "don't put me with pre mades" and bada boom realist guy in the room, how you doin. New lobby system done.

I kinda feel for Talents and Zky now that I'm trying to play mid, I think I'm gonna become a really good top laner way before that at this rate.
If riot took their time they could've made the new queue system better. Fix the role selection, have a check box for "don't put me with pre mades" and bada boom realist guy in the room, how you doin. New lobby system done.
This is the same as keeping just the solo Q lol

Who the hell is gonna say yes to premades

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't mind playing with premades, i just wanna play mid

it's the only issue i see with this system

ppl complaining about not being able to display your solo carry ability are being silly

Top Bottom