• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Calvero

Banned
and now i have a 30 minute wait for dodging so many matches with picks like this. thanks rito.
f9WLadM.png

edit: oh great. it's every queue, not just ranked.

Leezard

So according to a post on Reddit Shaco's clone applies duskblade and does it independently of Shaco's own duskblade; even if he has cd a new clone won't have cd. So if both have it up you can potentially proc it twice against the same target.

Calvero

Banned
So according to a post on Reddit Shaco's clone applies duskblade and does it independently of Shaco's own duskblade; even if he has cd a new clone won't have cd. So if both have it up you can potentially proc it twice against the same target.

balanced

Ferga

My first pick goes Udyr top instead of letting me have and goes 3/10 while my bot lane go 2/16

How is this happening in plat 1/diamond5

Calvero

Banned
Yeah it's kinda shitty because riot doesn't want to tell everyone what goes into it because they don't want it to be abused but it also kinda keeps you from knowing what to improve. I think 20-30 more cs would've made the difference though which you definitely could've found in a 25 minute game even while roaming a ton

spot on

Jayce...feels very strong with that Duskblade. It definitely gets me an extra couple of kill over the course of a match. You really do have to be mindful of the cd, however. Need a bigger sample size to decide whether it's core or niche.

Leezard

Jayce...feels very strong with that Duskblade. It definitely gets me an extra couple of kill over the course of a match. You really do have to be mindful of the cd, however. Need a bigger sample size to decide whether it's core or niche.

I imagine it would be really strong on anyone that can get the opponent down to ~20% hp in a single short trade.

The item is likely overtuned since it is 92% gold efficient without the passive.

As you mention with the cd, the item does require you to stop just single auto attack harass once you get it. It's harder to use than DFG thanks to this. It requires less mechanics than DFG but more decision making.

jerd

If it's strong on someone like Jayce it's probably not working as intended atm. I don't think he's the kind of champ they want using it

I imagine it would be really strong on anyone that can get the opponent down to ~20% hp in a single short trade.

The item is likely overtuned since it is 92% gold efficient without the passive.

As you mention with the cd, the item does require you to stop just single auto attack harass once you get it. It's harder to use than DFG thanks to this. It requires less mechanics than DFG but more decision making.

Yep, but I find that's not the biggest of deals. Usually by the time I'm completing it (around 12-14 minutes, I guess), I'm not really looking to auto harass so much as combo and murder. After that, I have 2 full minutes I can sit there and auto harass them again and they have no idea what my cooldown timer is. So that's really working out well, actually. The bigger issue so far has been managing it in fights. Sometimes during the posturing phase before a fight breaks out, I will sometimes auto. Or just auto someone if they lunge in which wastes the active accidentally. That happened at least once in each of the 3 matches I played. Something I have to be more on guard for. I'd MUCH rather it be an active. Same cooldown, but where I can activate it to "wake up" such that the next auto triggers it. Like with a Manamune/Muramana. Just a gameplay style adjustment I'll have to make.

Dorans --> Dusk --> Essence/Maw is pretty disgusting damage at right around 21 minutes or so.

If it's strong on someone like Jayce it's probably not working as intended atm. I don't think he's the kind of champ they want using it

Well as we've sort of been talking about here and there, it's strong on champs that burst. Jayce is the definition of a burster. All he is is a walking 7 button combo champ, and he gets all of the parts that matter out in well under 2 seconds. Only problem is you can't really initiate the combo from Hammer form. Other than that, yea. I'm also not sure if his hammer form Q or E trigger the active on Duskblade. I didn't think to try. They aren't autoattacks, but idk.

edit: matches, for reference sake. not my best efforts at all (a bit tired today), but better than nothing:

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2094630160/42941535?tab=stats (Dusk built first)

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2094549980/42941535?tab=stats (Dusk built second)

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2094506054/42941535?tab=stats (Dusk built first)

Leezard

Yep, but I find that's not the biggest of deals. Usually by the time I'm completing it (around 12-14 minutes, I guess), I'm not really looking to auto harass so much as combo and murder. After that, I have 2 full minutes I can sit there and auto harass them again and they have no idea what my cooldown timer is. So that's really working out well, actually. The bigger issue so far has been managing it in fights. Sometimes during the posturing phase before a fight breaks out, I will sometimes auto. Or just auto someone if they lunge in which wastes the active accidentally. That happened at least once in each of the 3 matches I played. Something I have to be more on guard for. I'd MUCH rather it be an active. Same cooldown, but where I can activate it to "wake up" such that the next auto triggers it. Like with a Manamune. Just a gameplay style adjustment I'll have to make.

Dorans --> Dusk --> Essence/Maw is pretty disgusting damage at right around 21 minutes or so.

Yeah, I can see that. You should get a big enough spike to just murder someone here, and in the worst case scenario you can still ranged form Q harass without using the passive. An active would indeed be easier to use as you would never risk wasting it. As is, the item is pretty much forcing you to behave more like an assassin when the passive is up.

Yeah, I can see that. You should get a big enough spike to just murder someone here, and in the worst case scenario you can still ranged form Q harass without using the passive. An active would indeed be easier to use as you would never risk wasting it. As is, the item is pretty much forcing you to behave more like an assassin when the passive is up.

Indeed. I must say though, I do like acting more assassin-like every couple of minutes. I'm always looking to set up kills as soon as I have my first BF, so having an item like this just invites me to do more of what I already like to do in my solo lane. As soon as I get the team fight part shored up, I'll be good to go. I need to go late game vs a traditionally problematic tank for Jayce like a Cho to really know if it's going to be a regular pickup. Actually it'll still be weak against Cho because Jayce's combo opener (QE) against a 6-slotted Cho is pretty minor damage anyway. Hmm. We'll see.

Ferga

Just carried a 4v5 with gragas.

Confirmed broken. Aoe W is insane for clearing now.

Ban Udyr and play grag for freelo now.

Hard

Banned
Easy games last night. One win away from B3 promos. Just pick Lacoste Croc & carry. Haven't really had much time to play because college, but I can probably grind to B1 or even S5 by this weekend.

RkcCE.jpg

still need to name change tho

drawkcaB

Is this supposed to work on turrets?

Yes. It's the Gunblade/Rageblade/Devourer build. His recent buff helps, but Xin could mostly do this before too. That 0.7 AP heal ratio combined with Sated's 2-AA to proc interaction is no joke.

Get rid of Sated or rework Xin Riot. Christ I hate devourer.

Leezard

Yes. It's the Gunblade/Rageblade/Devourer build. His recent buff helps, but Xin could mostly do this before too. That 0.7 AP heal ratio combined with Sated's 2-AA to proc interaction is no joke.

Get rid of Sated or rework Xin Riot. Christ I hate devourer.

Sated won't help his W crit proc. It's on-attack, not on-hit.

zkylon

zkylewd
rito will stop doing separate gameplay and visual updates.

from now on it's big projects like poopy/sion and group updates like juggernauts/mages that will be gameplay only

and apparently super reworks like taric will be released much quicker

i guess that's alright, tho the idea of champions that need vus not getting them cos it's not a big vu is kind of weird

drawkcaB

Sated won't help his W crit proc. It's on-attack, not on-hit.

Him standing under the tower and healing faster than it can kill has has nothing to do with his crit. his on-hit heal triggers in towers. Always has.

I'm sounding like a broken record here: that video, disgusting as it is, isn't about the recent buff. 90% of what you're seeing was achievable before.

Talents

Banned
Aww fuck sake. They're nerfing Viktor as well? Again? The last set of nerfs were justified as he was too oppressive early but this is just taking the piss. They look like small nerfs but they will fuck him quite hard, it means he'll have less damage early on his main ability and a harder time wave clearing the ranged minions early.

Aww fuck sake. They're nerfing Viktor as well? Again? The last set of nerfs were justified as he was too oppressive early but this is just taking the piss. They look like small nerfs but they will fuck him quite hard, it means he'll have less damage early on his main ability and a harder time wave clearing the ranged minions early.
I dont really think they need to be nerfing mages right now, they are already in a tough place.

zkylon

zkylewd
oh they really sneaked those viktor nerfs

and they're not really all that small, that's 40 dmg he loses at rank 5, that's a ton

why?

he's not exceedingly popular or strong

Top Bottom