• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Just finished an hour long ground pound come from behind victory. The TK had connection problems until I was level 4, zoned away from all my CS. Their bot lane got fed on us and top lane was doing poorly to. TK had the nerve to bitch orders before suggesting we FF at 20. He tried to but all 4 of us said nope. He tried it again after another set back but again, nope from all of us.

Really goes to show that in LoL if you're ahead it's all well and good buuut at a certain point you can only become weaker until you're on a leveled playing field. Then it simply becomes a done factor so end things when you can.

Plus, for some reason one of them forgot smite?

I wonder how badly Kha'Zix and Vayne were cussing out their team.

Kenai

lol I was just thinking the same. Losing when your score is 28/6 is heart crushing (even if it is Vayne)

It's too easy to push a lane to nexus if you get aced to mess around when the game goes on that long though. That'll learn em.

Leezard

We have a League OT? I did not even notice this once :O Any of you guys play on EUW?
If you're up for some ranked games in the next days feel free to add deoee

Anyway - I just started playing again and got to S1 by playing Support only. YAY!
Continuing this way got partnered with rather (braindead) teams and ended up in S2. I simply can not compensate for so many bad plays and start tilting after 20 minutes of stupidity....

My goal is to get to G5 at least and maybe further.

So I swapped to some carry-roles like mid and top and AHA, starting to win a lot of normal (not ranked yet) games.
As someone who has not really played often in the last season, what would you suggest for top or mid for let's say "easier" climbing?

I used to play Ahri a lot but I seem to have forgotten the nuances and miss cs all the time etc. :(
Hi, I'm on EUW. I'll add you, but we won't be able to play ranked due to rank differences. Occasionally we do gaf arams of normals though.

Teammate Morg, who is 1-6-4 at this point: "Poppy, you suck, go kill yourself."

Me, Support Poppy who is 0-1-2: "OK."

50 minutes later:

KDDfZ3Y.png

Teamwork, yay.

Also Support Poppy is fucking fun to play and I don't care how much you judge me for it.

drawkcaB

Just played Ekko jungle for the first time. Went 6/1/7 but my thinking throughout any team fight in the match can be summed up as such:

"Where's my shadow, where's my shadow, where's my shadow, where's my shadow, where's my shadow, where's my shadow, where's my shadow, THERE'S MY SHADOW!"

R

Fun jungler. Think I'll add him to the roster.

lol I was just thinking the same. Losing when your score is 28/6 is heart crushing (even if it is Vayne)

It's too easy to push a lane to nexus if you get aced to mess around when the game goes on that long though. That'll learn em.

After we turned things around it definitely got to a point where they became so thirsty for the win they decided, after a team fight that left my team dead, to forgo wave clearing and wave pushing in favor of having one member tank our nexus towers as they try to get off some damage before we were up. That didn't turn out too well for them as we were close to being up.

Really feel like our Annie carried us. Even though she didn't say anything or call out any plays (and her score isn't crazy) she was the only one ontop of her lane from the start. So Kat never got outta hand and by the time I started seeing Kat she had a healthy respect for the fact that I could likely melt her if she tried to do anything without her team. She was ontop of those stuns.

We also took 4 dragons and 2 Barons (to their 2 Dragons and zero Barons) and did split pushing where as they just tried to take things as a group by force. Objectives are what it's about.

Just finished the night with this strange game. They weren't doing bad ... objective wise they were ahead and no one seemed to be AFK but they voted to FF. We asked them why and no one answered. I wish I knew what they were saying to each other cause at level 6 their JG took dragon solo and flat out doubled Mid Lane. I mean, not even "camping", he flat out just farmed there and harassed me under tower until our JG doubled with ME and he decided to back. Hell, Riven got mad at me for not pinging that my lane enemy was gone until I told her that Ekko was mid and was there the whole time. Dude was in mid so long my top simply thought he WAS mid :/

Ekko fed me good though, he really wanted to fight even though I had 2 levels on him after killing him before and pulling a smooth trick on him (Start to back just where he can see me, wait for him to start backing to and just before it's too late ... stop my back and wave clear until he comes back. Then TP back to lane).

That Teemo was so fun to kill! Trying to hide inside the tiny bush by the first bot tower when 3 of us get there. After clearing the wave I tossed a Q in the bush and he goes running away. Had a good laugh as we murdered him!

kenbo

I think he's good enough to be playable in a number of matchups. Maybe there's some room for growth there as people learn to play him.

Man I was just playing Shen

He's stronger in some matchups now but in losing matchups it just feels terrible

What can you do other than go all in on them constantly just to farm

Just finished an hour long ground pound come from behind victory. The TK had connection problems until I was level 4, zoned away from all my CS. Their bot lane got fed on us and top lane was doing poorly to. TK had the nerve to bitch orders before suggesting we FF at 20. He tried to but all 4 of us said nope. He tried it again after another set back but again, nope from all of us.

Really goes to show that in LoL if you're ahead it's all well and good buuut at a certain point you can only become weaker until you're on a leveled playing field. Then it simply becomes a done factor so end things when you can.

Plus, for some reason one of them forgot smite?

I think the jungler thought that he didnt need it
people do that

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Man I was just playing Shen

He's stronger in some matchups now but in losing matchups it just feels terrible

What can you do other than go all in on them constantly just to farm
Have to try and use the shield to farm. Which matchups do you feel are especially bad?

subtles

I really enjoyed the Ranked games, guys! I have two more placements left, let's hope I don't get robbed like we were in the last game. T_T

Calvero

Banned
so frustrating. i was 3-0 as Trist and dominating bot lane, but my supp decides to leave lane for 10 mins while there's a 3 man bot against me. I manage to hold off and my turret is at half health. They come in to save me, while our jungler Diana is at half health. She goes in hard and dies. I'm telling them to back off, but no, she goes in anyway. They see her die and are getting low so I tell them to back, but they decide to chase. What the fuck. Our Diana went something like 1/11. Throughout the game she and Nidalee (top. wtf again) chase for kills over and over while I ping and type for them to stop and return because they're obvious traps. Why do I even try to help people?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Darius was especially difficult
Haven't played a matchup like that yet, but I could imagine it being really tough. Probably better to play safe and hope to outscale, using the shield to mitigate bleed damage, and looking for trades that can put you ahead with your W. With how the W works I bet it doesn't stop bleed stacks though...

Darius power spikes can be very hard to predict, but he will always fall off.

Caitlyn
** Yordle Snap Trap (W) trapped enemy bonus damage from headshot changed to flat 80/130/180/230/280 (+ 60% total AD) from 10/20/30/40/50% increased damage.
I can't tell if this is a nerf or a gigantic buff.

Leezard

At lvl 5, the old one is 200% total AD. The new one is 280 + 60% AD. So at 200 AD and above the new one is weaker while at below 200 AD the new one is stronger.

At lvl 1, the old one is 160% total AD, the new one is 80 + 60% AD. So at 80 AD and above the new one is weaker while at below 80 AD the new one is stronger.

So it's a nerf unless Cait builds attack speed and barely any AD or is really behind.

edit: nvm this was false

garath

Silver is interesting. Games take way longer than they should. I felt like higher gold was able to close games a lot better. People aren't necessarily throwing leads but failing to do something with it. My last couple jungle games I've been lower damage and kills but functioned as a shepard herding people from one objective to another. I made my focus vision, building trailblazer and sweeper and trying to get as much vision down as possible.

Failing to break laning phase and group to solidify a lead is the number 1 way to lose a good lead here. I suspect as you get lower into bronze it gets worse. Longer games with huge kill fests.

Just played Ekko jungle for the first time. Went 6/1/7 but my thinking throughout any team fight in the match can be summed up as such:

"Where's my shadow, where's my shadow, where's my shadow, where's my shadow, where's my shadow, where's my shadow, where's my shadow, THERE'S MY SHADOW!"

R

Fun jungler. Think I'll add him to the roster.

Ekko is my number one favorite jungler right now. His general winrate isn't great but it climbs significantly as you get better at him. He is very versitle, functioning well as a tank or damage.

I like runic into iceborn then flex from there. The sticking power is strong.

faridmon

Climbed out of Bronze V easily, but it looks like Bronze IV is not as easy. I am getting passive ADC as a teammates which is surprising since Everyone at Bronze V knew what they were doing.

Just last game, I was shouting to get objectives with everyone chasing around in circles.

Calvero

Banned
Forgot to take smite last game as Irelia. Went 7/3/1. Enemy team surrendered at 21. This is Bronze.

Climbed out of Bronze V easily, but it looks like Bronze IV is not as easy. I am getting passive ADC as a teammates which is surprising since Everyone at Bronze V knew what they were doing.

Just last game, I was shouting to get objectives with everyone chasing around in circles.

we can duo yo

ign: NaotaFakuza

Fuzzery

Shhh, don't tell everyone the secret

Tizoc

Haven't jungled in quite some time, and was surprised to find out they removed armor pen from the jungle item.

Is Warrior still worth it on Wu or should he go Cinderhulk?

Leezard

Haven't jungled in quite some time, and was surprised to find out they removed armor pen from the jungle item.

Is Warrior still worth it on Wu or should he go Cinderhulk?

Warrior is still really good and more slot efficient. You get 60 AD now.

At lvl 5, the old one is 200% total AD. The new one is 280 + 60% AD. So at 200 AD and above the new one is weaker while at below 200 AD the new one is stronger.

At lvl 1, the old one is 160% total AD, the new one is 80 + 60% AD. So at 80 AD and above the new one is weaker while at below 80 AD the new one is stronger.

So it's a nerf unless Cait builds attack speed and barely any AD or is really behind.
So basically it's only a buff if you take traps at level 1~2 lol

kenbo

its a buff early game, nerf late game

you misunderstood what the change is. its a regular attack + yordle bonus

so its 160% Total AD (old) VS 100% regular auto + base headshot bonus 50% + bonus 80+60% for 210% + 80

her headshot also deals more damage based on crit which makes her old trap better (because i *think* the old W increased damage multiplicatively too)

Leezard

its a buff early game, nerf late game

you misunderstood what the change is. its a regular attack + yordle bonus

so its 160% Total AD (old) VS 100% total + bonus 80+60% for 160% + 80

her headshot also deals more damage based on crit

Oh. Yeah, I did misunderstand then.

I also mixed up that the headshot did increased based on crit against champs and not against non-champs.

Thanks for the correction.

Shouldn't the damage increase on live trap be multiplicative? Tooltip says it deals 10% increased damage not bonus damage like the new one, so a critless headshot should deal 165% damage at rank 1, no?

Regardless it should be a buff until rank 3 or so since you'll have a ton of crit and AD by then.

In my d4 promos.

I've never gotten this high yet. I'm up to the challenge.

EDIT:Won my 1st one. It's getting quite close.

EDIT2: I don't not mean to brag, because I am apparently in top 5000 in ladder NA now. I don't think that'll last very long tho as the season ramps up.

Edwardo

In my d4 promos.

I've never gotten this high yet. I'm up to the challenge.

EDIT:Won my 1st one. It's getting quite close.

EDIT2: I don't not mean to brag, because I am apparently in top 5000 in ladder NA now. I don't think that'll last very long tho as the season ramps up.

Sweet. Congrats

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
my top laner went 0-4 against xin zhao in the first 10 minutes, and then xin zhao proceeded to do whatever he wants because he can tank a turret and come out with more health then he started, thanks for the buff rito

Hard

Banned
Bronze 2 get

Our Heimer AFK'd for the first 10 minutes or so, so the mission was to not let the game get too out of control until he could get back. Dumping on Mordekaiser top isn't hard, Lacoste Croc out-damages him too hard, and he doesn't have any escapes. 2-2 (Bot lane died twice) by the time Heimer gets back. Pressure other lanes and get the rest of the team rolling, and it's GG.

Put the team on my back this time. Hopefully I can get to S5 by the end of the month. Uni is really picking up, so I won't be able to play much on weekdays

zkylon

zkylewd
i was gonna go to a league event with my fiora cosplay but turns out you gotta wait in line to get in for like half an hour and it's too damn hot to be waiting in line on the street lol

was kinda hoping they'd have some of those chinese jinx dolls thingies for sale but w/e

so i shouldn't count on it working all the time

Yea, it's a very annoying match-up. You'll realize she's good when she starts riposting your Q's as you charge her.

You begin the mind-games and it eventually, it gets to the point where you're canceling your E mid-channel to cast your Q at weird times but, since you canceled your E, you lose a lot of your damage too. You can still become super tanky and be useful in team fights though.

Top Bottom