• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

jerd

Just stick to what you're good at.

*get better at what you're good at

Also, I simply don't like playing with Caitlyn on my team. I legit can't tell what she's doing. They just seem to only be good at poking long range and many don't seem to know how to run away or position. Never liked Supporting a Caitlyn as Poppy cause even when I set something up perfectly at level 2 she can't seem to do anything to capitalize on it :/
Mr Spooky Gun seems much more effective on my teams.

Cait/Poppy just not a good lane since Poppy offers pretty much nothing towards what cait wants to do. I'd say invest in Janna if you haven't already. Goes well with everyone and is pretty much just a permanently strong pick

i mean that's kind of what diana is

she double ults and oneshots someone and zhonyas and team needs to follow up

you can also just not teamfight if you don't have a tank and play for picks or splitpush or poke or whatever

like, if you feel you can't play diana without a tank maybe u just shouldn't play diana blind but honestly u should probably try and figure out how you can play her there

she's actually really good at diving turrets and whatever with zhonyas, idk why not having a tank would matter

Maybe it's the type of teams I'm in cause I'm still level 26?

I don't really like trying the suicide bomber fake out technique cause it's not reliable.
Sure, it works when I'm all split pusher Rageblade Life Steal fed cause people expect me to pull the trigger and jump in cause I'm the biggest but in a normal game where everything is even ... nope. Everyone runs until the strongest person gets there gets there. Most of the time I never activate the item cause ... there's no one around to scare them away. If I'm in a position where I could use it normally the whole team has turned tail.

Mostly my go to move with my new build (LB-Death Cap-NT so on) is to either TP somewhere and 1v1 someone or come into a team fight and clean up after someone took their CC attacks. That and ganking. I never bothered ganking with the Rageblade build for w/e reason, mostly focused on pushing towers.

Cait/Poppy just not a good lane since Poppy offers pretty much nothing towards what cait wants to do. I'd say invest in Janna if you haven't already. Goes well with everyone and is pretty much just a permanently strong pick

Oh, I put in some time with Janna. 4th highest mastery I have.

But I feel like Janna is the type of support where you have to rely on the luck of getting a non pants-on-head-stupid team.

That's why I tried more active supports until I started doing mid.

But even when I'm not Support I just don't like her. It's hard to know what you're getting when she's around or how much Dmg she can pull off. When I see good people play with her their positioning is great, they use the net to help them get away, they kite and use bushes and so on. But many times I don't see that. Hell, as Diana it's easy to fed off one on the enemy team if they're even a lil bit alone.

Calvero

Banned
So I got demoted and decided to have some fun in my alt account. I finally played Fizz, who is pretty dope. Started feeling good after a couple of games and decided to hop back into ranked. Our lee sin "forgot" to take smite, died in the jungle and promptly quit and didn't come back. Nobody on the team was really pissed, everyone was just annoyed. Surrendered at 20 and just moved on. Screw AFKers.

Lol kogmaw

i knew this was going to be a bullshit patch i was just wrong about the reason
Put everything a hyper scaling champion wants from his/her kit in a single ability while synergizing with some of the most overtuned items in the game? What could possibly go wrong

Neol

If the enemy team has a log maw you better hope you didn't ban talon or zed.

Also what's up with pantheon being really strong right now

Feel like ever since the AD item reworks he has been strong. Youmuu's and Cleaver does wonders for him and the components of them make him so strong in lane. Sterak's helps him live longer in extended fights and adding duskblade increases his relevancy to late game even more.

Leezard

If the enemy team has a log maw you better hope you didn't ban talon or zed.

Also what's up with pantheon being really strong right now

Unlimited Flat Arpen Works

Feel like ever since the AD item reworks he has been strong. Youmuu's and Cleaver does wonders for him and the components of them make him so strong in lane. Sterak's helps him live longer in extended fights and adding duskblade increases his relevancy to late game even more.

Pretty much. There are a lot of good AD items now, whereas in the old times you had unwanted stats on many AD items.

faridmon

Something off in the mm in ranked games (at least in B4) in one game, its just pretty easy with everyone being too good, in the nest game, you would almost think none of them played a league game before.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Something off in the mm in ranked games (at least in B4) in one game, its just pretty easy with everyone being too good, in the nest game, you would almost think none of them played a league game before.

there's a ton of gold/silver players in bronze right now

Talents

Banned
TIL normal queue dodges only go up to 30 minutes before they no longer increase. I will get a mid game today. I swear I will.

JulianImp

So I decided to pick Skarner up with my IP because it had a nice skin on sale for cheap, but have never jungled outside of a single game as Yi (where I did nothing at all). I know this is a role you can't practice against bots, but I'd like to get a couple tips if possible so that I can at least not downright suck at the role, both regarding jungling in general and playing Skarner in particular.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
So I decided to pick Skarner up with my IP because it had a nice skin on sale for cheap, but have never jungled outside of a single game as Yi (where I did nothing at all). I know this is a role you can't practice against bots, but I'd like to get a couple tips if possible so that I can at least not downright suck at the role, both regarding jungling in general and playing Skarner in particular.
You want all the crystals, and you can drag people under tower and murder them

For jg in general I just found watching videos of good junglers to be really helpful to see how to clear camps and gank for your team, it just takes practice really

JulianImp

You want all the crystals, and you can drag people under tower and murder them

For jg in general I just found watching videos of good junglers to be really helpful to see how to clear camps and gank for your team, it just takes practice really

Are there any well known Skarner players I should look for, or good players in general? I'm new to the game, so I still don't know the names of good player I should be looking out for.

Enemy tanks are a pain, more if there are three of them and you dont have any CC on your team.

Got an awful losing streak as ADC, going down to bronze v

zkylon

zkylewd
it's really weird that you lose all your dark seal stacks upon upgrading it to mejais (and also the 25% more healing from potions passive)

the dark seal is a cool item but you just feel punished for upgrading it to mejais, it's really strange

Leezard

it's really weird that you lose all your dark seal stacks upon upgrading it to mejais (and also the 25% more healing from potions passive)

the dark seal is a cool item but you just feel punished for upgrading it to mejais, it's really strange

Wait what? Is this something new for this patch? I've never lost stacks before.

JulianImp

Oh man, how I hate inept teammates... first game I get yet another absurdly stupid Ashe, who kept overextending and feeding for no good reason, then my next team also sucked (with a mid Kat that hadn't played the champion for quite a while... she ended up 3/15/9).

Guess I might as well pick jungle/mid so that I can practice roles rather than playing decently as a support but still getting hosed whenever my teammates decide walking into vision-less, enemy-infested areas sounds like a good idea.

faridmon

I'm really starting to think Sona should be on my dodge list if I get ADC role. :/

I'm just so damn tired of crudy Sona players who don't seem to think about power cord and are always getting caught out of position.

As a main Sona player, that sucks to hear. But you don't need to know much about Power Chord to be a good Sona player, it just comes naturally... later.

But yeah, good position is important.

Speaking of which, I am gonna dodge anyone who choses Jhin or Vayne. I really can't support either of them

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I've never lost a Jhin lane so far. I actually find them very easy to set up and support.

JulianImp

I've never lost a Jhin lane so far. I actually find them very easy to set up and support.

Just got a supposed plat smurf playing jhin, and he was so so bad. Used that long-range ability without triggering passive, got owned by vayne/blitz combo due to having no mobility, and he'd just keep feeding people. Me being jungle Skarner didn't help things, but he even ended up walking into a really obvious Blitz hook from behind a wall (Vayne was pretending to back repeatedly as bait, making it even more obvious).

What's interesting about Jhin is just how easy his ult can be mis-used and not only take away precious time he could be autoing but also not do any damage worth talking about in the process.

kenbo

What supports were you playing?

My experience so far is that hard engage supports are suffering to play with as jhin

On average I'll have 2 shots in the chamber, and they engage and I spend half that time reloading.

Only two of his abilities (I'd argue just one..) are any good in a brawl and we just lose the trade

I've enjoyed poke supports a more. Fish for a binding when I have my 4th auto, or just walk forward to give me space to use it and then we just back out.

The only time I've ever really destroyed lane as jhin was abusing his 4th auto by flashing on them to kill them

Otherwise, his damage is just so conditional. People don't let you just hit them with your bright red auto attack, it's like Cait headshot but without all the range advantage

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What supports were you playing?
Thresh. Bard. Tahm Kench. With hard engage you're looking to chain something with the root. If it's not enough to outright kill someone you can usually disengage safely with a very positive trade. The engage supports provide a line that Jhin can work around better.

zkylon

zkylewd
just saw a guy in the street with a huge LEAGUE OF LEGENDS shirt that said "pro baseball" or something on the bottom

wanted to take a picture but u know, giggling awkwardly at a random dude and taking pictures of him is probably kind of creepy

JulianImp

Oh, it looks like my Naut knowledge from playing him support actually translates somewhat decently to jungling as him! I really want to make Skarner work, but I guess I might end up sticking to Nautilus for now as I begin to learn the role. The amount of cc he brings to a gank is certainly nice, and my play pattern of not taking kills as a support translates pretty well to jungling as opposed to top laning as him (I'm awful at knowing when to go in for kills when I'm alone).

HowZatOZ

Banned
Just stick to what you're good at.

Play whatever you do the best with, but don't play too many champions. Be good at like three. It's nice if they can flex between your roles.
Yeah that's what I've been doing, just sticking to Xin jungle, Garen top and Diana/Annie mid. I'm fine to go Blitz or Thresh support as I know those two really well but lately my ADC's have been utter morons.

Kenai

I for one am proud that I was actually on the og'Maw train before it became popular /hipsterglasses (this never happens)

I have always been a fan of ADCs with solid poke and Jhin can do just that. He's also a bit safer than i expected because of that poke (and those slow traps).

However, for an ADC I actually feel like he scales kind of poorly into lategame in most aspects, which is kinda weird since that's what ADCs are supposed to do. Of course is we quash our lane that's not normally a problem but...

?

that's really clear, he'll be more telegraphed and outplayable which is exactly what malzahar's current kit is not (unless you're couting the AWESOME GAMEPLAY of checking if u have qss yet lol)

Or you can live life on the edge and dont bother checking, letting it be a surpise when they qss your ult :(. If nothing else happens with his rework, I at least hope he is less countered by qss by making his other skills better, even if they have to touch the ult.

patchday

wtb a support that at least wards. Notice how no sightstone is on Anniva

#1 had to beg support to grab wards
#2 had to spam jungler in lobby to grab smite

I just dont understand why low elo moba players dont have the good sense to grab vision. Its just basic common sense right? Guess I could've carried a bit better but its hard when you literally got a heavy weight attached to your foot.

guess you high elo players must duo or play ranked only with people you know?

zkylon

zkylewd
Or you can live life on the edge and dont bother checking, letting it be a surpise when they qss your ult :(. If nothing else happens with his rework, I at least hope he is less countered by qss by making his other skills better, even if they have to touch the ult.
his new ult probably won't be a suppress so it'll now also be cleansable heh

JulianImp

wtb a support that at least wards. Notice how no sightstone is on Anniva

#1 had to beg support to grab wards
#2 had to spam jungler in lobby to grab smite

I just dont understand why low elo moba players dont have the good sense to grab vision. Its just basic common sense right? Guess I could've carried a bit better but its hard when you literally got a heavy weight attached to your foot.

guess you high elo players must duo or play ranked only with people you know?

Nope. It's mind-boggling how often I can spot, say, mid pushing to the enemy's second turret with no wards anywhere (ie: river and/or raptors). Then they die and are like "got me good" when it was a perfectly avoidable death by (1) warding to make the push safer; or (2) just not walking so far into enemy territory.

Having played mostly support until now, I feel like other roles (except for jungle) don't get to appreciate just how important it is at lower skill levels to keep track of the enemy team's movements. Still, it feels good when people take me up on advice such as "buy pinks to counter Talon's ult" and they realize that yes, that 75 gold investment was worth it.

patchday

man so burned out on ranked. just feels broken atm (or maybe its me).Today I go 100% in Normal matches. Then go 0% in ranked.

I think I'll keep playing casually for Normals but probably just give up on ranked. Would've been nice to at least hit Gold for the free skin but it's not worth it. I guess I'm just spoiled by other games where I was ranked solo. This the first game I ever played where I had to be ranked as a team and its giving me an awful impression

All that being said I bet this game is super fun with a team of 5 buds in ranked. Everyone can purchase a vision ward and hf.

Top Bottom