• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

garath

oh my. Why? Teemo jungle on my team. Guess this is a loss. :/

I was hoping someone would dodge. I didn't really want to wait out the 5 min.

edit: wow. I should have dodged that hard. That was beyond terrible.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah i guess i won't be playing any ori on this patch, too many zeds rolling around and i get tilted just thinking about that shitty seekers buff

subtles

yeah i guess i won't be playing any ori on this patch, too many zeds rolling around and i get tilted just thinking about that shitty seekers buff

Do you have to be in a certain range to use Ori's ultimate? I had so many issues yesterday where the ultimate just refused to go off. Also, smartcasting the Q slightly out of range then looking at the minimap is a terrible idea. T_T

I really need to learn her Q range again.

zkylon

zkylewd
tried to answer a league survey, the first question referred to my country as "argentinia"

admittedly that sounds a lot cooler but rito pls

Do you have to be in a certain range to use Ori's ultimate? I had so many issues yesterday where the ultimate just refused to go off. Also, smartcasting the Q slightly out of range then looking at the minimap is a terrible idea. T_T

I really need to learn her Q range again.
uhh not that i know of, league is just buggy sometimes and shit just randomly refuses to go off sometimes

subtles

Oh yeah, I played Ahri in ranked yesterday. She's a lot more fun than I remember. Her damage was way too high for the mobility and sustain she had, though.

kenbo

valentine_s_day_by_orekigenya-d9rkp6q.jpg

I thought zed was a girl with pink/purple hair

Xin so dumb on this patch.

Also, whats with all the udyr picks and bans?(normals) Seems like I see him picked or banned every other game.

I'm really starting to think Sona should be on my dodge list if I get ADC role. :/

I'm just so damn tired of crudy Sona players who don't seem to think about power cord and are always getting caught out of position.

JulianImp

I'm really starting to think Sona should be on my dodge list if I get ADC role. :/

I'm just so damn tired of crudy Sona players who don't seem to think about power cord and are always getting caught out of position.

I don't have any particular adc that I don't like laning with because most of the time the issue isn't the champion, but the player. Like that one match where my Ashe would continously walk into Braum's manly embrace, getting hit with free Qs that allowed his ADC to close in on her, setting off Braum's stun and getting her killed over and over while I kept telling her to not face check the enemy's bot bush and to not to focus on the damn tank support, for crying out loud.

As far as draft goes, I've gotten used to picking Lulu whenever I'm among the first players in pick order to avoid getting counterpicked, and I guess it also has the added benefit of not even telling them if I'll be playing her top, mid or support. Maybe next time I get mid I'll take her for a spin there, even though she certainly doesn't seem as explosive as Ahri and her charm combos.

Lulu's versatility's good, and her awesome laugh tops things off quite well. I just love spamming it whenever I get the chance.

zkylon

zkylewd
nah i see that, you got like an impressive score and everything, just figured there'd be something weirder

specially since it's like a normal game :p

I don't have any particular adc that I don't like laning with because most of the time the issue isn't the champion, but the player. Like that one match where my Ashe would continously walk into Braum's manly embrace, getting hit with free Qs that allowed his ADC to close in on her, setting off Braum's stun and getting her killed over and over while I kept telling her to not face check the enemy's bot bush and to not to focus on the damn tank support, for crying out loud.

As far as draft goes, I've gotten used to picking Lulu whenever I'm among the first players in pick order to avoid getting counterpicked, and I guess it also has the added benefit of not even telling them if I'll be playing her top, mid or support. Maybe next time I get mid I'll take her for a spin there, even though she certainly doesn't seem as explosive as Ahri and her charm combos.

Lulu's versatility's good, and her awesome laugh tops things off quite well. I just love spamming it whenever I get the chance.

Yeah, I have to agree. The players are the problem. I have seen some damn good Sona players before ... on enemy teams. Hit like a truck with that Power Chord and could hold down a lane solo. But for some reason I rarely get that side of the Sona players on my team. I have never played Sona but I have watched enough stuff on her to know at least how here passive works.

Just went through the same with Morg. She barely ever tried to land a Skill shot and when she did she only hit minions, didn't harass at all, wiggled behind me like I'm her damn tank and abandoned lane at level 4-5 to dick around the Baron pit. I think I need to stay away from ADC for a bit ... this is the type of shit that made me play sup for so long. (As in, can't count on someone being a good support so gotta do it your self)

Just got into another group as I was typing this ... of course I get ADC again for like the 4th time outta the 5 today. Who does support pick? Sona! Closed right outta that :/

Edit- Sona AGAIN! But this time I actually got mid ... and no one picked a tank champ (unless Fiora can tank :/). And ADC is already "warning" us that he/she is gonna have lag problems "and by lag I mean struggle to reconnect". Yup, dodged that one to.

Dodging like I was trained by Piccolo now.

JulianImp

Yeah, I have to agree. The players are the problem. I have seen some damn good Sona players before ... on enemy teams. Hit like a truck with that Power Chord and could hold down a lane solo. But for some reason I rarely get that side of the Sona players on my team. I have never played Sona but I have watched enough stuff on her to know at least how here passive works.

Just went through the same with Morg. She barely ever tried to land a Skill shot and when she did she only hit minions, didn't harass at all, wiggled behind me like I'm her damn tank and abandoned lane at level 4-5 to dick around the Baron pit. I think I need to stay away from ADC for a bit ... this is the type of shit that made me play sup for so long. (As in, can't count on someone being a good support so gotta do it your self)

Just got into another group as I was typing this ... of course I get ADC again for like the 4th time outta the 5 today. Who does support pick? Sona! Closed right outta that :/

Edit- Sona AGAIN! But this time I actually got mid ... and no one picked a tank champ (unless Fiora can tank :/). And ADC is already "warning" us that he/she is gonna have lag problems "and by lag I mean struggle to reconnect". Yup, dodged that one to.

Dodging like I was trained by Piccolo now.

In that case I'd actually suggest going to a solo lane rather than bot since it's the one lane with two people in it, and while you can often get through laning phase as long as both players are moderately competent, having a crappy player among them means lots of trouble as they might end up feeding the opposing adc/supp combo, leading to bad times come the mid and late-game.

When I play Morg I tend to miss Qs more often than not, but I also like harassing with W and thunderlord's. I usually pick her to counter hook users (Blitz, Naut, Thresh), but other times I'd rather go Lulu for the increased versatility she affords my team (and that she isn't as reliant on landing skillshots to be remotely useful).

Also people around here were saying Fiora gets to be a bruiser while building tank items, so I'd probably count her as a tank.

zkylon

zkylewd
fiora is not a tank and tanks aren't 100% necessary

it's not a big deal if u don't have a tank, you just have to play differently

the one thing you just can't live without is cc (and maybe waveclear)

jerd

Yeah building defense doesn't make you a tank and "we don't have a tank gg" is a common misconception but don't expect it to go away unless you climb pretty high

fiora is not a tank and tanks aren't 100% necessary

it's not a big deal if u don't have a tank, you just have to play differently

the one thing you just can't live without is cc (and maybe waveclear)

Yeah building defense doesn't make you a tank and "we don't have a tank gg" is a common misconception but don't expect it to go away unless you climb pretty high

Oh I know. I have had many successful games without a tank.

Problem is that, as you know, I'm Diana ... I have one button. That button is call "GO!". If I get ahead when we don't have a good tank people seem to wait for me to engage for the team and start the fight because they have seen me melt people. But having only GO! be my button I legit can't get out when I jump in. I have built around this before and did the whole split-pusher life steal Rageblade+Gunblade+NT combo but it feels like a situational build that can be shut down with a decent bit of CC.

It can work, it's just having too many things not working in our favor can make it very annoying. As Diana I want someone to start some shit for me to jump into, as ADC I just want a good Sup that and help me get to late game. Just the other day a WW got bitchy at me for not jumping in with him in a 2 v 3-4 and waiting until they CCed him to death before taking them out. But I'm like "They have a Mummy Boy in that group, I have to wait for him to burn his CC and Ult or I die to :/".

That's also part of why I wanna learn some good CC heavy champs. It can really help a team.

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean that's kind of what diana is

she double ults and oneshots someone and zhonyas and team needs to follow up

you can also just not teamfight if you don't have a tank and play for picks or splitpush or poke or whatever

like, if you feel you can't play diana without a tank maybe u just shouldn't play diana blind but honestly u should probably try and figure out how you can play her there

she's actually really good at diving turrets and whatever with zhonyas, idk why not having a tank would matter

Why. Why do people need to BM instead of ending?

AHAHAHAHA, I get it Trundle. You're a troll and that means you need to dance on the enemy nexus for 30 seconds instead of winning the game. And now we got aced and lost because you had to be a comedian.

This infuriates me like nothing else. These people should have their accounts terminated.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Any recommendations on climbing out of silver? I think I'm gonna just stick to jungling Xin/Dianna or top, I can at least control the game in some aspects.

pigeon

Banned
Any recommendations on climbing out of silver? I think I'm gonna just stick to jungling Xin/Dianna or top, I can at least control the game in some aspects.

Play whatever you do the best with, but don't play too many champions. Be good at like three. It's nice if they can flex between your roles.

Blizzard

Banned
Xin so dumb on this patch.

Also, whats with all the udyr picks and bans?(normals) Seems like I see him picked or banned every other game.
Udyr has one of the highest winrates in the game, somewhere around 55% for ranked according to lolking.net and champion.gg, and has for a while. Rex has been trying to climb into diamond with it. Kogmaw is higher now but I'm terrible at using him.

I've decided to call bull shit on Galio.

All of him. Just bull shit. Shield that heals him when you attack it, slow that's a massive ass hit box, that taunt ult with explainable dmg. Had no clue wtf he could do and got ran over for it.

Yup, him and Rumble. BS.

Also, I simply don't like playing with Caitlyn on my team. I legit can't tell what she's doing. They just seem to only be good at poking long range and many don't seem to know how to run away or position. Never liked Supporting a Caitlyn as Poppy cause even when I set something up perfectly at level 2 she can't seem to do anything to capitalize on it :/
Mr Spooky Gun seems much more effective on my teams.

Top Bottom