• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

JulianImp

man so burned out on ranked. just feels broken atm (or maybe its me).Today I go 100% in Normal matches. Then go 0% in ranked.

I think I'll keep playing casually for Normals but probably just give up on ranked. Would've been nice to at least hit Gold for the free skin but it's not worth it. I guess I'm just spoiled by other games where I was ranked solo. This the first game I ever played where I had to be ranked as a team and its giving me an awful impression

All that being said I bet this game is super fun with a team of 5 buds in ranked. Everyone can purchase a vision ward and hf.

You should start adding decent people to friends and then play with them every now and then. Eventually you might find enough ok people to build a team and play ranked premades (or team ranked if you get four people that can do different roles).

My only requirements for befriending people is that they're at least somewhat competent and that they aren't assholes/flamers/trolls. Playing with them often means I can have more fun and worry a lot less about being paired up with awful teammates (either skill or attitude-wise).

I've also got to say that yes, dragging people into towers as Skarner is so satisfying.

TheFlow

Banned
man so burned out on ranked. just feels broken atm (or maybe its me).Today I go 100% in Normal matches. Then go 0% in ranked.

I think I'll keep playing casually for Normals but probably just give up on ranked. Would've been nice to at least hit Gold for the free skin but it's not worth it. I guess I'm just spoiled by other games where I was ranked solo. This the first game I ever played where I had to be ranked as a team and its giving me an awful impression

All that being said I bet this game is super fun with a team of 5 buds in ranked. Everyone can purchase a vision ward and hf.
What do you main?

Bacon

Nothing wrong with sticking with normals if you are having fun with them. Last season I played pretty much only normals only and had a blast. Much less stressful and you can safely take champions into the game that you aren't familiar with to just mess around.

JulianImp

Nothing wrong with sticking with normals if you are having fun with them. Last season I played pretty much only normals only and had a blast. Much less stressful and you can safely take champions into the game that you aren't familiar with to just mess around.

Except I don't feel people take it easy on others when they say they're trying a champion out or whatever. The only mode where I regularily see people not make that much of a fuss against people experimenting new things are vs AI games, and that's only because of how ridiculously bad the bots are.

Good thing I'm already kind of used to the basics from playing support, because I bet my teammates would go after me with pitchforks as I tried to learn jungle otherwise.

patchday

Yeah thanks guys. I'll probably just take it easy for awhile and learn more champs. And when I go do ranked again I'll try to get someone else to come.

What do you main?

Don't really have a main role atm. I seem to enjoy all the roles. My least favorite roles is only in certain situations:

- If ADC is just super awful I hate being a support that has no dps / waveclear.
- Hate being Jungle if everyone is losing their lane (cause I get confused which lane to focus on camping)

Bacon

Hvn4g1g.png

Eve mid with the banner rush folks. This is bronze baby

Blizzard

Banned
Lol kogmaw

i knew this was going to be a bullshit patch i was just wrong about the reason
I played a bunch of Kog'maw and did AWFUL. For some reason my bronze Ashe winrate is way higher than my bronze Kog'maw winrate. Is there some trick I'm missing? I tried going rageblade, hurricane, sterak's like neko suggested. Rageblade and hurricane worked well, but once I started trying for sterak's, I typically stopped doing much damage and would lose miserably.

He seems to work well if you have a teammate or two who understands they need to CC and protect for a moment so you can destroy the other team. If you're missing that, it's tough.

*edit* According to champion.gg, people are having the most success with rageblade -> hurricane -> BOTRK, no sterak's needed. I was thinking some lifesteal would make sense, and the BOTRK %HP sounds nice.

zkylon

zkylewd
if you're struggling in the game it's never too productive to focus on other ppl. we all want that other guy to do the thing we think is the best thing but they don't know it and even if you ping them ppl need to process that suggestion and they may have less information than you or be focused on something you're not

ppl are also idiots and you can't fix that no matter how much u vent about it on neogaf

but in the end if you're bronze or something like that (or anything below p2 or something) you're definitely not a great player and you've done a million mistakes you could improve on, and need to start thinking about what you're not being smart about and what you are just doing wrong

like in that varus game i can understand it's annoying to have support anivia steal all ur cs or whatever but also you:
a) built super random cos you rushed dakkar blade which afaik doesn't even make sense on varus and it's also really bad for laning on pretty much everyone (check for builds on op.gg)
b) have some pretty much wrong masteries like assassin, double edged sword and wanderer (some of these are arguable but still)
c) have the second least dmg in the game just above the enemy bard
d) have really low cs. i can understand anivia taking some but not that much

so start by fixing the really easy stuff like your bad build and your weird masteries and focus more on improving your cs and landing your qs and less on what your support's doing

i promise you it'll be a much more fruitful exercise

patchday

going to explore playing ranked in some of my other games and see how it goes. A lot of shooters have moba-like elements now too. Hate to be that guy that got frustrated he was downgraded to bronze and quit but its looking that way for a little while

Btw good luck you guys this season. See yall in other forums / games. SFV coming out soon too. I return to my fighter game roots

Blizzard

Banned
Is there a popular streamer reason for jungle Nidalee? All the stats I have looked at show her having a horrible win rate, especially in bronze.

Nevertheless, in the last 2 days I have seen 3 different Nidalee jungle players. Possibly all 3 were hyperaggressive at level 1-3, possibly all 3 resulted in losing first blood, and possibly all 3 were losses (snowballed enemies, jungler, etc.).

One of them, I even went into the river to save them while they attempted to duel the enemy jungler, getting myself behind in mid lane. After barely escaping, they proceeded to promptly circle around and invade top jungle, giving a volibear first blood.

It just seems like an especially odd common choice in a land of odd choices.

23qwerty

Is there a popular streamer reason for jungle Nidalee? All the stats I have looked at show her having a horrible win rate, especially in bronze.

Nevertheless, in the last 2 days I have seen 3 different Nidalee jungle players. Possibly all 3 were hyperaggressive at level 1-3, possibly all 3 resulted in losing first blood, and possibly all 3 were losses (snowballed enemies, jungler, etc.).

One of them, I even went into the river to save them while they attempted to duel the enemy jungler, getting myself behind in mid lane. After barely escaping, they proceeded to promptly circle around and invade top jungle, giving a volibear first blood.

It just seems like an especially odd common choice in a land of odd choices.
she's not an easy champ, it's not surprising that people don't know how to play her at low elo

zkylon

zkylewd
going to explore playing ranked in some of my other games and see how it goes. A lot of shooters have moba-like elements now too. Hate to be that guy that got frustrated he was downgraded to bronze and quit but its looking that way for a little while

Btw good luck you guys this season. See yall in other forums / games. SFV coming out soon too. I return to my fighter game roots

thats cool

good luck with ur other games den

Blizzard

Banned
she's not an easy champ, it's not surprising that people don't know how to play her at low elo
I know, but what's surprising to me is that so many people would try in a short period of time. You'd think the common picks in bronze would be stuff viewed as OP with high win rates.

I haven't played top lane in forever, and I forgot about one of my pet peeves: Champions like Garen and Darius have HUGE hitboxes. In particular, this makes it completely impossible to right click certain minions. I guess this is by design though? You just have to buffer your targeting before they block the minion.

I feel you, I really feel you. I am on the point to tell my friends to leave me and rank for themselves (they are Silver)

If I chose supp, the ADC or Jungle are really, really awful and die fast out of my control
If I chose ADC, the supp always build damage or top for whatever reason or the enemy bot (damm you supp Lux) is really strong to do something I get behind
if I chose jungle I have more map control but bot lane have a 60% time to be of the above

kenbo

Your own success in ranked has nothing to do with other people playing in teams unless you're in high diamond and above

Hard

Banned
>Depending on teammates

no

pick a carry champ
go hard in lane
shit on your opponent
babysit teammates
gg

I know, but what's surprising to me is that so many people would try in a short period of time. You'd think the common picks in bronze would be stuff viewed as OP with high win rates.

People in low elo play stuff like Thresh & Lee Sin cause it's fun to play flashy champs with lots mechanics involved. I've seen a lot of terrible Lee Sin and Thresh players in low elo, and it doesn't stop them from being picked. Garen is a super strong pick in low elo, but hardly anyone plays him since he's boring.

I feel you, I really feel you. I am on the point to tell my friends to leave me and rank for themselves (they are Silver)

If I chose supp, the ADC or Jungle are really, really awful and die fast out of my control
If I chose ADC, the supp always build damage or top for whatever reason or the enemy bot (damm you supp Lux) is really strong to do something I get behind
if I chose jungle I have more map control but bot lane have a 60% time to be of the above

You should spend a day playing Tryndamere up in the top lane and just splitpush. It won't matter if your teammates are feeding when you're chopping away at the enemy inhib 25 min in and can solo just about anyone.

Man, I'm loving Roa Xerath atm. Roa makes life so much easier on him, idk y I never built it on him at first. Tried tear, but felt weak earlier. Going morellos/grail, I feel to squishy.

Last game of the night most likely, fucking head hurts.

Laning against Zed is so annoy. Not only does he not have mana but you have to watch him like a hawk cause once you kill him 2-3 times and he's had unsuccessful ganks he's gonna sneak off any chance he gets to gank another lane and get fed from spamming his non-mana bull shit in team fights. :/

I do believe I made the game wining call when we aced them, our Jax and Thresh were alive, they had an open inhib annnnnd Jax had the nerve to call Drag. As they ran there I pinged the fuck outta the inhib prompting them to go "... Or that" and turn around.

Kenai

Zed's obnoxious laning isn't quite as stupid as old Nid's spears but it certainly reminds me of them, and not in a good way. I think they could stand to have a slower missile speed considering how hard they hit and how spammable they are.

I would say Illis laning is more annoying to go against. He just heals on all his attacks and his passive reduces his CD by 1 for every auto attack. God, so annoying to go up against. And then his semi-global stun lock move that at max level gets global, fuck.

kenbo

I don't get how that shows anything
I would say Illis laning is more annoying to go against. He just heals on all his attacks and his passive reduces his CD by 1 for every auto attack. God, so annoying to go up against. And then his semi-global stun lock move that at max level gets global, fuck.
Who the hell are you talking about

Leezard

Uh, Nocturne?

I don't get how that shows anything

Who the hell are you talking about

Uh, Nocturne?

high as fuck

Must be a Dota character

it's a hots character that's kinda like nocturne

he has 2 mobility moves, one targeted that jumps over the target, the other one is a dash, 3rd skill is a 4 sec evasion that dodges all attacks, and his ultimate is like nocturnes with a 2 second stun attached to it(Eventually becomes global.) his other ultimate is a targeted aoe transformation(kinda like aatrox) that gives him max health per target hit, as, life steal, and ms steroids. His passive is life steal and each autoattack lowers cds(including ulti)

breezy getting lazy with his trolling

I just want dragon master swain zky

don't you understand

I will stop posting here the day they make him

fuck every time I click this topic I'm hoping there's some cool swain news, alas there is none

kenbo

it's a hots character that's kinda like nocturne

he has 2 mobility moves, one targeted that jumps over the target, the other one is a dash, 3rd skill is a 4 sec evasion that dodges all attacks, and his ultimate is like nocturnes with a 2 second stun attached to it(Eventually becomes global.) his other ultimate is a targeted aoe transformation(kinda like aatrox) that gives him max health per target hit, as, life steal, and ms steroids. His passive is life steal and each autoattack lowers cds(including ulti)

I just want dragon master swain zky

don't you understand

I will stop posting here the day they make him

fuck every time I click this topic I'm hoping there's some cool swain news, alas there is none
Oh illidian lol

Please even raynor is better

He's the Yasuo of hots, minus the hard to play part

Leezard

If you're lucky you will get some Swain love in the immobile mage update.

He probably won't get a skin, but he might get a better kit.

Oh illidian lol

Please even raynor is better

He's the Yasuo of hots, minus the hard to play part

Hes good for taking out squishies, thats about it.

If you're lucky you will get some Swain love in the immobile mage update.

He probably won't get a skin, but he might get a better kit.

That would be nice. Im still gunning for DMS though, I was one of the original suggesters of that. Even had Morello confirm to me they would eventually do it.

That was 3 years ago. ;_;

Leezard

I thought it was just Brand, Vel, Vlad, Malz, Cass and Zyra that were getting updated?

I think it would be strange if Swain got nothing since I'm thinking of him as an immobile mage, but I might not recall correctly. If you remember the whole list you probably remember it better than me.

subtles

I think it would be strange if Swain got nothing since I'm thinking of him as an immobile mage, but I might not recall correctly. If you remember the whole list you probably remember it better than me.

I'm pretty sure those were the ones mentioned during the announcement, but I'm guessing Black-Wind has a point.

I thought that they were the ones getting the most focus but not the only ones getting changes.

You're probably right. If I'm not mistaken, the Marksmen update had six big changes while touching up on the rest of the class. Swain may fall into the latter category.

Top Bottom