• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

pigeon

Banned
I think it would be strange if Swain got nothing since I'm thinking of him as an immobile mage, but I might not recall correctly. If you remember the whole list you probably remember it better than me.

Riot said that Swain needs a real rework and the immobile mage update wouldn't be large enough scope to make him good.

He'll most likely get some kind of tweaks but when a champ is "considered harmful" by Riot they generally don't mind if they're a little bit bad.

Tizoc

Riot said that Swain needs a real rework and the immobile mage update wouldn't be large enough scope to make him good.

He'll most likely get some kind of tweaks but when a champ is "considered harmful" by Riot they generally don't mind if they're a little bit bad.
I hate mana managing with swain and his reliance on mana so i look forward to his reowrk

For that matter pls show nu taric this week rito pls

zkylon

zkylewd
the mage rework is gonna be like the juggernaut rework so think of it as very minor reworks of like one or two spells a champion at best and then a whole lot of tweaking

i hope new zyra and new cassi are cool, i don't care much about the rest

Leezard

When do those new blood moon skins come out and someone teach me how to play new LoL/yasuo.

Next patch, probably in a couple of weeks.

That sounds reasonable. I was still expecting something to happen for him, but I guess not.

pigeon

Banned
I hate mana managing with swain and his reliance on mana so i look forward to his reowrk

For that matter pls show nu taric this week rito pls

From the little lore updates about Mt Targon champions and stuff, plus the fact that the designer said Taric is done but they haven't let him out, I'm hypothesizing there's a Mount Targon event coming up, in which case Taric's rework is probably being held for that. But that's just a guess.

Tizoc

From the little lore updates about Mt Targon champions and stuff, plus the fact that the designer said Taric is done but they haven't let him out, I'm hypothesizing there's a Mount Targon event coming up, in which case Taric's rework is probably being held for that. But that's just a guess.
What is mount targon?

HowZatOZ

Banned
So that's what steamrolling is like.

WvN1tMD.jpg

jerd

When do those new blood moon skins come out and someone teach me how to play new LoL/yasuo.

Pretty sure it's kinda like proxy singed where just because you're feeding doesn't necessarily mean you're doing bad it's just kinda what you do

Ferga

Gotta love top laners who start autoing the enemy turret at level 2 and expect to not get ganked by a double buff jungler.

Then they tp onto a minion on the enemy turret and die immediately after by a gank.

Gotta blame the jungler when this happens though and afk.

Next game, we're ahead all game. Our support decides not to build sightstone and enemy get a free baron and we lose.

subtles

Glad I didn't give up on Poppy as I'm starting to get the hang of her. I got placed Silver II on my Gold V account, which is odd since I went 5-5. I really wish I played more normals before going 0-4 in my opening placement matches, but I'm happy where I placed regardless. This should give me some breathing room for a while.

killatopak

Gold Member
chogath is fucking messed up. Just build a roa then go full tank.

Sustain? Check. Damage? Check. Tankiness? Check.

Can't even damage him due to how LW currently works.

Hard

Banned
Most Chos I play against usually build AP Off tank with RoA Abyssal and health stacking. Taking advantage of flat pen to abuse squishies. Bork + Aspeed should shred him pretty quickly. Dodge his Q and he's easily kiteable.

chogath is fucking messed up. Just build a roa then go full tank.

Sustain? Check. Damage? Check. Tankiness? Check.

Can't even damage him due to how LW currently works.

Tanks that can one shot you are so much fun. Rammus is the same. Full tank with an Abyssal and you just get deleted. 1600 base damage on his ultimate, thx Rito.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Been playing Varus because i like his moveset. He has some really early mana struggles because of his bow usage and he struggles get mobile tanky champs but using the bow to snipe squishies is satisfying.

Also im hearing the new last whisper is apparently bad?

I dunno, damage Morgana hurts. I've seen them be able to one shot squishies with a QW combo.

Yeah, I've run her with a Sightstone/Frost Queen/Zhonya/Morellonomicom build before and just torn people to shreds mid-game.

I usually go more utility, though, but not having sightstone or red trinket as support Morgana makes me sad.

Alistar is so ridiculous now that you can't mess up his combo. I love it.

Are mobis still worth it? I basically just won the game I was playing through roams, are swifties really enough of a boost over mobis in fights that it's worth giving up the roam potential?

zkylon

zkylewd
Been playing Varus because i like his moveset. He has some really early mana struggles because of his bow usage and he struggles get mobile tanky champs but using the bow to snipe squishies is satisfying.

Also im hearing the new last whisper is apparently bad?

it's ok just not essential to legolas build like it used to

Alistar is so ridiculous now that you can't mess up his combo. I love it.

Are mobis still worth it? I basically just won the game I was playing through roams, are swifties really enough of a boost over mobis in fights that it's worth giving up the roam potential?
yea still worth it

swifties are really good also

depends on the game, if you're gonna roam a lot u can get mobis

I thought free champs could be selected with the new queue? Seen lots of people complaining about it.

Oh maybe I misread. My understanding was that now (or in some near patch), free champs would not be available for selection in ranked. Unless you own them already of course.

Hard

Banned
Fuck man

People that get shit on 3/4th's of the game then scale up and talk shit like they were some dominating force

no skill champ like talon get the fuck out press 2 buttons and win congrats so much skill involved wow congrats

shitting on this kid and twtich the whole game and they have the nerve

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate that get ouuuuuuuttttttttttttt

garath

Silver 2 might be up there for worst divisions to play in.

All of high silver is poop. It is less poop than it used to thanks to the new champ select but still very much poop.

It feels extra bad right now because you have so many gold and plats that are hanging out in silver thanks to placements and they are angry people for the most part. They feel slighted for having to play in "low elo" and are quick to blame their team and rage out.

My mute button has been getting a workout.

Then you get the teemo jungles of the world. I have no words for that tomfoolery. I need to start exercising my right to dodge a little more frequently.

pigeon

Banned
Sometimes winning the game is mostly about soothing your ADC and telling her it will be okay even if she got destroyed in lane. Maybe giving her a red buff so she feels better.

JulianImp

I kind of like how Skarner feels extremely low-maintenance with its abilities' mana consumption. I don't know if I'll be winning much while I learn the ropes of how to jungle, but I've certainly taken a liking to him.

Onivulk

Banned
I seem to get a lot of shit for playing Maokai top and I'm not sure why. What's the reason for this? Sure I have some bad games but it generally goes very well.

zkylon

zkylewd
Bard continues to be the perfect champion.

Orianna a close second.
ehh, my ranking for best league designs is complicated but it probably includes:
thresh
ori
tf

that's all i got

i like bard but he's weird and idk

Ding a ling
lmao

Sometimes winning the game is mostly about soothing your ADC and telling her it will be okay even if she got destroyed in lane. Maybe giving her a red buff so she feels better.
works for mid too

i think top is the only lane that softly whispering in their ear everything will be ok doesn't work

top laners too intense

Being positive about top lane is like one of those death scenes in movies where someone is bleeding to death and you keep telling them IT'S GONNA BE ALL RIGHT YOU GONNA MAKE IT YOU HEAR ME WE'RE GONNA MAKE IT THROUGH THIS, WE'RE ALL GOING HOME AND YOU'RE GONNA SEE YOUR FAMILY

Top Bottom