• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Calvero

Banned
awe man i was nice to some Viktor I played against a bit ago, and now he's inviting me to a game and chatting. I can't just tell him I don't want to, for some reason.

edit: awe shit, why does this have to be at the top of the page. someone give me an image to post.

drawkcaB

You're not abusing the system, it's intentionally like that. The system might be a downgrade to for mid only players, but it's better for every other player.

Disagree. I'm having to go jungle/mid to get the highest likelihood of getting jungle. Jungle/Support netted me two games as jungler. Just to see if things had changed I queued Jungle/Support last night and got support before leaving the lobby and going jungle/mid.

I'd rather get jungler 60% of the time when I queue jungle/support and not have to use work arounds but it's just not happening and I'm not interested in playing ~50 games just to see if the system sorts itself out over a larger sample.

So yeah, I guess you could argue I should be content because I can manipulate the system to get what I want, but mid as my secondary does put additional pressure on players who select mid.

zkylon

zkylewd
The system is better for everyone. Even mid mains. In the old system you could end up with three or four mid mains in the same queue and everyone now needs to play some sort of filler role. That means people in roles they are comfortable in or actively dislike. Your whole team will suffer as a result.

This way you are going to get one of two roles. Even if you don't get your main role, you get your second best role and that other person gets their primary role instead.

We need to move past a single role world and into two.

Queue times can already get pretty ugly even in lowely silver. Increasing them is not something I'd be on board with. Maybe prioritizing primary a bit more for those 10 second queue times but that's about it.
yeah my world when i tried playing solo was more like i hope i don't get support for the sixth time in a row... yay i won the matchmaking lottery and i got mid!! oh someone dodged... oh support again... oh thank god someone dodged so i don't have to play this anymore...

i was excited for solo q this season

i never played solo q again

The most popular role is always gonna get shafted because people like me know I can just put it in secondary to get my primary role, though in reality my secondary role is support.

Thats not the fault of the system though.
a system that doesn't serve a high percentage of its players is not a working system

and if u can abuse a system through loopholes like that then it's poorly designed

dynamic queue is the saving grace of this system

if i couldn't cheat my way into getting 100% of the times mid then i wouldn't ever play ranked

Calvero

Banned
i feel bad. I go Mid/Jungle all the time to play mid. And if I want Jungle I queue Jungle/Mid. 90% success rate. okay maybe more like 75-80%

Newt

If you guys haven't queued for mid in team builder you wouldn't understand.

Expecting to get mid in more than 50% of your games is a pipe dream.

Calvero

Banned
awe man i was nice to some Viktor I played against a bit ago, and now he's inviting me to a game and chatting. I can't just tell him I don't want to, for some reason.

edit: awe shit, why does this have to be at the top of the page. someone give me an image to post.

this guy is still waiting for me.

Hard

Banned
The system is better for everyone. Even mid mains. In the old system you could end up with three or four mid mains in the same queue and everyone now needs to play some sort of filler role. That means people in roles they are comfortable in or actively dislike. Your whole team will suffer as a result.

This way you are going to get one of two roles. Even if you don't get your main role, you get your second best role and that other person gets their primary role instead.

We need to move past a single role world and into two.

Queue times can already get pretty ugly even in lowely silver. Increasing them is not something I'd be on board with. Maybe prioritizing primary a bit more for those 10 second queue times but that's about it.

yeah my world when i tried playing solo was more like i hope i don't get support for the sixth time in a row... yay i won the matchmaking lottery and i got mid!! oh someone dodged... oh support again... oh thank god someone dodged so i don't have to play this anymore...

i was excited for solo q this season

i never played solo q again

a system that doesn't serve a high percentage of its players is not a working system

and if u can abuse a system through loopholes like that then it's poorly designed

dynamic queue is the saving grace of this system

if i couldn't cheat my way into getting 100% of the times mid then i wouldn't ever play ranked

yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I read a book about this

What was it about? Suffering for the few for the greater good of the many? I don't remember the name, but I'll get back to you about it

i feel bad. I go Mid/Jungle all the time to play mid. And if I want Jungle I queue Jungle/Mid. 90% success rate. okay maybe more like 75-80%

I sure don't.

1. Queue Top / Mid

2. Get Top

3. Instalock Renekton

4. Teammate: "Renek tp?"
Me: "no"
Teammate: "ok

5. Crap on opponent

6. Win Game

Repeat

Calvero

Banned
just tell him ur house is on fire
I don't think it worked
Screen_Shot_2016_02_24_at_11_05_35_AM.png

Newt

Really good patch, game should be much more balanced now.

Gonna feed on tear Jhin next time I'm on.

Also, time to take my toll in ranked.

Hard

Banned
Shit patch tbh

no fiora gutting

hydra not swappable

dumbed down items

unnecessary cait nerfs

how is fiora still allowed to be in this state?

no croc buffs

/s (mostly)

phinious

Solo queue is going to be much more competitive than dynamic imo. I think dynamic is just going to become the new ranked 5s, except under gold level. I feel as though a lot of people above gold level will play solo queue, and people below gold level will play dynamic to try and get the season rewards. I'd much rather a team of 5 solo people than a team of 4 premades a 1 solo person.

I still don't understand why solo queue would be more competitive. If anything, My matches this season have been more competitive than last season. Everyone gets a role they want and are competent with.

Solo qeue could land you in a role you suck at if your last pick.

pigeon

Banned
Shen can now taunt Rift Scuttler, my life is complete. So tired of trailing after that crab hitting it with percent health damage.

Need to see whether starting QE in jungle is better than QW now. Probably not? But you can level 2 gank!

zkylon

zkylewd
patch sounds good, despite the random viktor nerf most of the others are well deserved

kat buff is super scary tho, nothing interesting about playing against that shitty champion

you know who needs more skins? Annie.

rito wtf

thats how it works dood

some champions are gonna be the face of league (kat, nidalee, ahri, annie, ezreal) and just get a ton of skins

leblanc is getting a skin, kennen just got a skin, it's not like other champions that aren't called swain aren't getting any skins

whelp

zkylon

zkylewd
don't worry for just 440rp you can get a DELUXE Hextech Crafting Box* that guarantees you'll get a hextech skin!!

*hextech boxes and keys sold separateely

pigeon

Banned
Alright I've loved the crafting system but tying things to only it seems like a bad idea.

It's a great idea from the perspective of monetizing the special promo boxes that contain the exclusive content that are only available for a limited time.

garath

Hmm. This looks like a pretty good patch. They are hitting most of the problem areas without gutting anything too hard. The only issue I've got is the double whammy on runic echoes and swifties for movement speed nerfs. But truthfully, it's a justified nerf. Elise was near unstoppable with that much movespeed, not to mention udyr. My ekko is very sad though. Runic echoes and iceborn nerfs in the same patch may hurt him a lot.

I have a feeling kat is going to be strong this patch but no one will play her. Im totoally going to give her another spin.

Everyone is going to play her. If she's even slightly viable she is so popular.

Calvero

Banned
man i should pay attention to teammates in lobbies. i realized too late that i was with a troll party with names like "BITCH IM BRONZE," "I PLAY TO LOSE," "ONE FEED MAN." I thought we had a Lee Sin jungle, but it was Lee Sin supp. then they started feeding. Then Lee Sin asked why Lee Sin is hard to play. I asked why he's playing him in ranked if it's hard to play. Got called a cunt by all three players and then I realized they were a pre-made. So I started just messing around too. Didn't realize I was in promos though.

zkylon

zkylewd
and here i thought hextech crafting was supposed to alleviate the grind but rito didn't take long to make it all sorts of awful. it's not even out and there's already bullshit tied to it

aint gambling fun :)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Great patch. Great new skins.
Shipping with patch 6.4
FOR YOUR PERUSAL The champ grid is now accessible at all phases of champ select
Best change.

Talents

Banned
listen guys it's like an MMO

if you queue up for a raid finder as DPS you're gonna be waiting

But it's not the same at all. In mmos you can pick a role and be certain to always get it at the cost of the wait time. For Mid in leagues, you have to pick a secondary role which you'll get more times than your primary role which makes no sense. What's the point of a primary role if you get it less than the secondary role?

The actually went through with the Viktor nerfs. God bless Riot, never change.

Top Bottom