• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

nbraun80

I assume thats a normal game in which case I'm not sure what you expect. Basically the reason people play ranked is because it guarantees quality, or at least evenly matched, games

I just got beat by a devourer volibear. Definitely a career low for me as a jungler

The experimental j4 changes are really nice

lol sounds like full ad jarvan would be broken

jerd

I can't imagine he'd go live with those changes and his ults current numbers but knowing riot...

Wow he's actually in really bad shape right now 45% win rate in the jungle I didn't realize.

drawkcaB

wouldn't an early hunters potion help quite a bit?

Not as much as you'd hope. His Q eats mana. To make matters worse once out of the jungle he loses the mana regen from talisman. It's not that it's so punishing you can't clear camps, but rather that if you aren't careful you can forget about ganking at all, which would be fine if Hecarim would be a power farming type of jungler who pokes his head out here and there, but he's not.

I'm expecting more Hecarim buffs that the one in PBE this patch or quite soon.

nbraun80

Not as much as you'd hope. His Q eats mana. To make matters worse once out of the jungle he loses the mana regen from talisman. It's not that it's so punishing you can't clear camps, but rather that if you aren't careful you can forget about ganking at all, which would be fine if Hecarim would be a power farming type of jungler who pokes his head out here and there, but he's not.

I'm expecting more Hecarim buffs that the one in PBE this patch or quite soon.
idk if you'll see those buffs though. The problem with doing that is you'll also be buffing top hec and probably making him oppressive in lane again. Last I recall some of his costs where raised because of TP/ignite hec back in 2015, not sure if they want that back so soon.

23qwerty

that sounds like the current rewards you'd expect from past soloq ranked is going to be rewarded to dynamic queue and they're gonna figure out new rewards for soloq. idk

a lot of top hecs power came from homeguards being available with tp, that's not the case anymore though, he definitely needs some significant buffs now, jungle hec does at least. just bring the q cost back down to 25 across the board...

drawkcaB

idk if you'll see those buffs though. The problem with doing that is you'll also be buffing top hec and probably making him oppressive in lane again. Last I recall some of his costs where raised because of TP/ignite hec back in 2015, not sure if they want that back so soon.

The nerf that finally killed top Hecarim was the unit collision ignore removal from his passive his passive to his E. It's not like he's sitting at 50% top and 45% jungle. He's presently equally shit at both roles.

And there's stuff like bonus Q damage vs. Neutral monsters or increase the W heal off neutral monsters that could be done without helping his top lane. There's lots of junglers that have extra jungle clearing power backed into their kits (shyvana, nidalee) so it's not like there's no precedence.

His kit is fairly healthy now. He's a mechanically easy champ, so him sitting at such a crap win rate will be corrected in due time.

Nev

Banned
Hahaha oh my fucking god. Another era of pick/ban Jarvan IV awaits us. I can't wait to add yet another champ to the insta-dodge list in SoloQ.

Also I can't believe people use F for flash, let alone it being the most common choice.

TheFlow

Banned
Hahaha oh my fucking god. Another era of pick/ban Jarvan IV awaits us. I can't wait to add yet another champ to the insta-dodge list in SoloQ.

Also I can't believe people use F for flash, let alone it being the most common choice.

F for Flash is for the skilled players

Calvero

Banned
fuck i quit out of client in the middle of matchmaking. i just had a 30 min wait a while ago from dodging and I was in the last game of promo. fuuuuuuu-

edit: oh thank god, it's just a 30 min game again

Fracas

#fuckonami
I love Jhin's kit so much but he is just in an awful spot right now. Takes so long to get any kind of real damage going.

Hopefully he's got more buffs on the way.

jerd

I think changes explicitly labeled experimental more often than not don't go through. See Ali headbutt being a skillshot, Quinn turning into a pure stance changer, whatever they tried to do to riven recently

The flag planting in the middle of the ult is cool in theory but how often do you really ult without blowing your E-Q combo?

pigeon

Banned
The main thing I was surprised about is that "I don't run Flash" is only good for 3% more losses.

That's actually way more balanced than I expected!

Talents

Banned
Tfw the guy who was bm'ing and saying I was toxic because I only knew how to play mid and wasn't try harding in normals just got banned.

1399416-bueno.jpg

garath

Pulled back what looked like an unwinnable game..our veigar/jhin bot got curbstomped by Lucian/soraka. Lucian was 6/1 in no time at all. I tried to gank as ekko and got counter ganked by amumu and gave up another kill.

But a positive attitude and helping lissandra snowball more top got us back in midgame. Almost threw again after that but we amazingly had good teamfight and got a few nice picks with superior warding. For being a veigar support, he played the mid to late pretty well. Warded like a madman.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2106717361/42766588?tab=overview

Not my prettiest game but a win is a win is a win.

In promos to gold now.

That's insane. I would fuck up all the time if I did this
Yeah that only happened to me like once and it was because i was junglering and have been playing for a long time and it was late so i flashed instead of smiting, but it was at the first camp so it could have been worst.

I just had a mid run in 1v3 as we were respawning and die while I pinged back. I say 'Man cool it, there's no way we can win a 1v3.' and they said 'Yeah. I'm going to listen to the support.' What? Does being a support make me unaware of some secret trick annie can use to 1v3 a health lucian, leona, and morgana?

hey guys, quick question, off the top of your heads, which champions scale really well (or well) with attack speed, or by extension, attack speed runes?

jerd

Kindred, pretty much any devourer jungler

I'd say pretty much anyone whose damage comes primarily from autos that isn't nasus

Newt

You disgust me Nev.

jerd

At that point it doesn't even matter quonny is playing a completely different game

Meddler on mage update said:
Some item changes, almost certainly won't be as large as the marksman ones though.

Hopefully the combine costs get worked out i didn't realize how high they all are

Top Bottom