• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Talents

Banned
There's something about my Azir, I think it's cursed. Whenever I play him recently, I get teams who suddenly forget how to play and just feed.

There's something about my Azir, I think it's cursed. Whenever I play him recently, I get teams who suddenly forget how to play and just feed.

Normals or ranked? I find the problem is worse in ranked for some reason, maybe because the lower bronze levels are a shitshow.

Talents

Banned
Normals or ranked? I find the problem is worse in ranked for some reason, maybe because the lower bronze levels are a shitshow.

Nah only normals so it's not really a problem. Just annoying how I can't seem to get a win with him. Like the game I just played, the other team had an Alistar, Katarina, Ekko. So the last team fight of the game, our bard 4 man ults our team. Needless to say that pretty much lost us the game as it was followed up with Ekko W/Ult and Katarina ult. It's like, this is diamond level, how does the thought of bard ulting your team against a team like that even cross your mind.

nbraun80

Statistically the lowest overall damage output of all top laners by a fair margin. His damaging abilities scale with HP, both his own and the enemies, and with Titanic Hydra and Grasp of the Undying you can see damage come out, but I don't really find it to be an unreasonable amount that differs from other top laners in the game. Shen is also heavily gated by energy regeneration if he is out of melee range. What part of him do you find particularly frustrating?
idk he seemed to put out a fair amount from what I saw and he didn't even building titanic, only thing you might call offensive item was sterak's. Idk I just think he outputs a little too much damage for the utility he also brings to the team. Could just be that game we didn't really have a tank, besides a noct that went a little tanky but always dove the back line so me as ziggs was left to try and 1v2 the shen-lee sin and then get ? pings from the team when I'm the only one left alive because shen was chunking me. lol

There are times where, no matter what you do, you cannot carry.

Blitz with 10 wards in a 40 minute game, no Sightstone, missing hooks in teamfight phase left and right. Darius constantly trying to gank from side lanes, obsessing over getting baron when lanes have to be pushed out, getting caught repeatedly from the side and blown up.

Maybe I could have farmed harder. Maybe I could have just placed all my 19 wards around dragon. I don't know what else I could have did to win that one.

The positive I learned is that a ER-Shiv-IE-LDR build is brutally awesome for wave clear and team fights.

Calvero

Banned
just had a hilarious game as veigar against heimerdonger. we're laning pretty evenly the entire time, but at 15 minutes, for some reason, his entire team comes to the midlane to push. so i look at the mini-map again and top lane took down their tier one tower and is coming down to their tier two, while bot lane took tier one. We have all our towers though they waste 20 mins, i shit you not, in the mid lane and all they were able to take was mid lane tier one tower, while top lane takes tier 2 and so does bot lane. i have no idea what that team was thinking.

TheFlow

Banned
winning streak over :<

nobody on my team could dodge MORG or Thresh Q to save there life. I can't save you if you can't even dodge the stun.

Just had to dodge a game.

I know that "only noobs think you NEED a tank" but getting mid and having an Ash top, Kinder JG, Jhin bot and Sona support just seemed like a time bomb waiting to happen (even more so with Brand being some where on the enemy team. Not going Melee into Brand mid if I can help it and my Ahri isn't that great. If I went Lux all but 1 member of our team would be immobile. Maybe I coulda gone Diana into Brand and tried blowing him up at an early level by starting W but what's gonna happen after that when he gets more spells and can stun/ zone me :/ ).

TheFlow

Banned
Just had to dodge a game.

I know that "only noobs think you NEED a tank" but getting mid and having an Ash top, Kinder JG, Jhin bot and Sona support just seemed like a time bomb waiting to happen (even more so with Brand being some where on the enemy team. Not going Melee into Brand mid if I can help it and my Ahri isn't that great. If I went Lux all but 1 member of our team would be immobile. Maybe I coulda gone Diana into Brand and tried blowing him up at and early level by starting W but what's gonna happen after that when he gets more spells and can stun/ zone me :/ ).

yeah you will get out tanked

Blizzard

Banned
Speaking of top-lane counterplay with the Yorick discussion, what's the proper counterplay to Renekton's dash-stun-dash combo? Just try to stay way back and play a ranged champion? Or try to stand in minions and hope he takes some damage from the wave even though he can heal it back?

zkylon

zkylewd
Sounds like a nightmare lane pre-6 though. But yea if you can survive laning phase whole.
idk, diana's pretty safe as far as melees go, she has a shield and strong ranged waveclear as well as the three autos thing for even easier clear and then super kill potential at 6

you can run tp on diana too base early for a null magic mantle and rush abyssal against him

i think she's pretty good against brand for sure, even if she has like a targeted line dash that is what champs with line skillshot cc like brand love, he still needs to set it up with e and by then you already chunked him out. you can flash it too

Hard

Banned
Wuzzat? Did somebody say Renekton?

Speaking of top-lane counterplay with the Yorick discussion, what's the proper counterplay to Renekton's dash-stun-dash combo? Just try to stay way back and play a ranged champion? Or try to stand in minions and hope he takes some damage from the wave even though he can heal it back?

Ah. The best way to deal with the combo is to know the distance his E travels, and stay just out of that zone of influence. That way Croc has to use the second dash to close the gap between you two and allows you to trade back while he draws aggro, or set up for a gank. Plus that second dash uses 50 fury if he has it built up, weakening his trading power.

Of course this is a lot easier with a ranged champ like Gnar or Quinn. Alternatively you can use a champ with an ability that counters the stun, like Teemo Q, Shen W, or Fiora W.

diana is pretty good into brand

Sounds like a nightmare lane pre-6 though. But yea if you can survive laning phase whole.

Yeah, I figure it could work out cause like with many ranged champs he doesn't have the happy feet and I find Diana to be pretty good against ranged champs (can trade/ poke with Q, block dmg with W as you CS and if you get on them you can pull em into you when they run). But before 6 it's gonna be a bitch to deal with him unless I can get an early lead. Much like with Anivia I assume ... before 6 and some core items it's terrible. After 6 and some core items anytime I encounter an Anivia in the wild she faints.

That's why I thought about going W first and just ramming into him at level 1. He can't stun at level 1 and he likely starts out with W for the harass and Wave Clear. But IDK is Diana has the kill potential to cheese like that and I didn't want to risk it.

Just had an awesome Diana game where the split push ACTUALLY WORKED!!

I mean, this went so so well. In champ select the JG takes note that we don't have a tank (Teemo Top, Cait/ Morg Bot, Diana Mid, JG didn't select anyone ... I didn't want to dodge again so I was hoping he would pick someone with engage options cause I know I don't like diving but I'll do it if I have to. Still know you don't NEED a tank but IDK if any of us could start a proper team fight the way we were before the JG went Rammus).

Started off bad ... either I was rusty with Diana from playing so many other champs lately or that Yasuo was better than most I've faced ... or both. I was just eating those tornadoes and could rarely land a Q. He gets first blood and I take that as a sign that I gotta play bitch mode under tower now. Got a gank and that helped so much.

After I solo kill him twice his team caves in and group mid. I'm starting to think that that's a terrible plan that early in the game that only puts you behind in EXP ... cause now I'm just trying to hold mid with wave clear and getting solo exp were as they're lll sharing it. Me being solo lane so often may be why I seem to explode in levels so often.

Anyway, they push in our Mid and try to push bot so my team goes there for a fight and I hard push mid to their inhib tower to get some of them to defend or loss a mid. At some point I go top to save the top tower ... dragon's up so I push hard. Team sees that I'm pushing so they go dragon. They come for me, team gets Dragon. Barons warded, team's talking about going baron so I push Mid inhib (at this point I'm strong enough to take on any of them 1 on 1. It's legit shocking how much higher my level is compared to them at this point). I get mid and some kills, they get Baron.

That synergy ... it's what I wanted all this time :')

pigeon

Banned

One thing I would remember about Renekton is that his combo uses every single one of his abilities. His shortest cooldown is 8 seconds on Q, but his E cooldown is 18-14 seconds. That's a lot of time where Renekton is immobile and not that threatening, so you should take advantage of that period (and any time he uses his E) to push back on him. You will probably have most of your abilities available and he has nothing.

Blizzard

Banned
One thing I would remember about Renekton is that his combo uses every single one of his abilities. His shortest cooldown is 8 seconds on Q, but his E cooldown is 18-14 seconds. That's a lot of time where Renekton is immobile and not that threatening, so you should take advantage of that period (and any time he uses his E) to push back on him. You will probably have most of your abilities available and he has nothing.
I understand conceptually, but in practice it's "he has heavy AD items and a wave full of minions to hit you" if you try to chase. :p

In my case my jungler saved me with some ganks so it worked out.

Don't stick too close to minions if you're ranged and you know his E is up, especially after you blow a cooldown.

If you're melee you sort of need to keep the cooldown of his E in mind even more. Try to avoid him having both E and a full wave of minions at the same time. Reneks max Q or W first. E is maxed either second or third (not counting R).

Repgnar

Got to play with Riot Dash and Gweedo earlier, the others may be people but I don't recognize em. Didn't think to grab a SS but a friend did.

IZSDPB1.jpg

HowZatOZ

Banned
Oh look back to 0 LP after continuous losses. I'm just sick of people locking in their favourite champs without bothering to form something of a competent team. Last game the enemy team had an amazing makeup of all hard CC and tankiness, we had Udyr. Ah well, such is life I guess.

zkylon

zkylewd
Oh huh I always thought the patches were on Wednesdays. Guess I was wrong
tomorrow's wednesday -__-

patchnotes - wednesday afternoon
patch - thursday very early morning morning/wednesday night

depends on ur timezone i guess, but patches are always like late at night (like 3 am here)

HowZatOZ

Banned
tomorrow's wednesday -__-

patchnotes - wednesday afternoon
patch - thursday very early morning morning/wednesday night

depends on ur timezone i guess, but patches are always like late at night (like 3 am here)

Its Wednesday here in Brisbane already, I'm from the future! Trump won, soz.

Top Bottom