• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

XxAdlga.jpg

I eat up so many Yasuos I feel like I should buy him just to find out wtf is so appealing about him. Sure, he's a bit flashy ... that flash doesn't keep the gray screen away though.

Feel like I'm learning from my mistakes. This game our ADC decided to be ... Vel. So on top of getting Def I thought I should maybe go splitpusher build with hybred items that help me take out towers and pump out the dmg with decent physical and magic damage (Rageblade and gunblade. I love me some rageblade/ gunblade combo ...). But then I looked at their team and noticed that no one was building MR even though I was the biggest threat on my team. Not even their big scary bear at the time ... so I doubled down on AP by going with my melt-them build.

Woulda have gotten another magic item had they not FF.

On a side note I feel kinda bad for dodging the last game I dodged today. I was first pick so I couldn't ban anyone but w/e, the team picked some decent bans and they knew I wanted to play Xin top so he was open. I lock in Xin and mid way down the list Nasus pops up. They stall then ... locks in Teemo.

I'm not gonna have my first time with Mr-AA-heavy-Xin be against a fucking Teemo so I noped right outta there. :/

garath

So according to Reddit riot had updated the ranked FAQ to include info on the upcoming solo queue but later pulled it. I guess we're getting pretty close to release.

I guess I'll probably play both. I've really enjoyed my last few duo and trio queue experiences with people like type2, breakfasts and fuzzery. The communication is a nice boon and having people that are a little more familiar with your style and vice versa is really nice. But I guess if I'm just playing alone I might as well solo queue.

Talents

Banned
So according to Reddit riot had updated the ranked FAQ to include info on the upcoming solo queue but later pulled it. I guess we're getting pretty close to release.

I guess I'll probably play both. I've really enjoyed my last few duo and trio queue experiences with people like type2, breakfasts and fuzzery. The communication is a nice boon and having people that are a little more familiar with your style and vice versa is really nice. But I guess if I'm just playing alone I might as well solo queue.

Finally. I've yet to play ranked yet cause I'm waiting for solo queue.

garath

Finally. I've yet to play ranked yet cause I'm waiting for solo queue.

Honestly you are missing out. If anything I've found it to be better than last season's ranked. No reason not to enjoy the better games than normals. There's really nothing that makes a normal draft superior to the dynamic queue ranked.

Talents

Banned
Honestly you are missing out. If anything I've found it to be better than last season's ranked. No reason not to enjoy the better games than normals. There's really nothing that makes a normal draft superior to the dynamic queue ranked.

I don't want to have the feeling of having to start over again. The only reason I'd play Dynamic is to play 10 games, get placed Gold+ to get rewards and just play solo queue until season ends.

I'm starting to worry there'll be a legit split in the playerbase once solo Q drops which is basically the worst possible outcome for this whole two queue bullshit.

One queue was fine? Time to mess with it because a specific number of people with a specific number of friends can't play ranked with all of them simultaneously. Shittier and sparser queues for everyone!

garath

I don't want to have the feeling of having to start over again. The only reason I'd play Dynamic is to play 10 games, get placed Gold+ to get rewards and just play solo queue until season ends.

I hear ya. Though at this point I've really stopped worrying about rank and more just enjoying better games with a little more weight. Solo queue won't feel like starting over to me as much as just another place to play when I'm alone.

Or maybe I'll just stick with dynamic period. I do think having both is a bit of a mistake by riot.

Calvero

Banned
Code:
NaotaFakuza joined the room.
alp3t joined the room.
tonbe joined the room.
OdenXasther joined the room.
XxmodyxX joined the room.
alp3t : pls not that top
alp3t : useless
alp3t : get something else or ill dodge
OdenXasther : Put your big boy pants on bot.
OdenXasther : What a cock sucker.
tonbe : u toxic report or dodge
OdenXasther : I bet bot lane sucks his mother tit nightly till he passes out
tonbe : dodge or report alp3t
OdenXasther : I will report him.
NaotaFakuza : you dodge
NaotaFakuza : i'll report if we end up playing this out
NaotaFakuza : but i'll also report mid for the shit talking
OdenXasther : Sorry the truth offends you.
NaotaFakuza : just tell him he's a dick and move on
OdenXasther : No, he's a little bitch.
NaotaFakuza : when the fuck did i say it offended me
OdenXasther : The kind of guy who rapes girls at night while they sleep.
tonbe : report eather win or lose
NaotaFakuza : fo sho
OdenXasther : This is team faggot.
OdenXasther : Fuck this team.
OdenXasther : I'm feeding.
NaotaFakuza : ?
XxmodyxX : why?
NaotaFakuza : wtf
OdenXasther left the room.
A player left champ select. Your group was returned to matchmaking.

jerd

I'm starting to worry there'll be a legit split in the playerbase once solo Q drops which is basically the worst possible outcome for this whole two queue bullshit.

One queue was fine? Time to mess with it because a specific number of people with a specific number of friends can't play ranked with all of them simultaneously. Shittier and sparser queues for everyone!

I hate that riot felt like they had to cave and split the queues but I guess I understand why they're doing it. To me though all it is doing is indulging the people who say "I can't climb because of (any reason besides the fact that I'm shit), it's not my fault!"

phinious

Why would anyone want solo queue over dynamic? It's so much better imo. Going back to solo seems like such a huge step back.

Talents

Banned
Why would anyone want solo queue over dynamic? It's so much better imo. Going back to solo seems like such a huge step back.

Solo queue is going to be much more competitive than dynamic imo. I think dynamic is just going to become the new ranked 5s, except under gold level. I feel as though a lot of people above gold level will play solo queue, and people below gold level will play dynamic to try and get the season rewards. I'd much rather a team of 5 solo people than a team of 4 premades a 1 solo person.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Do you guys actually notice that dynamic queue is there in your ranked games?

garath

Do you guys actually notice that dynamic queue is there in your ranked games?

No. Other than some people being a little more coordinated with each other on my team and the enemies. Just makes for better games usually.

I feel like the people that dislike it are doing so more on principal than actually disliking playing it.

zkylon

zkylewd
also if u think about it it's literally impossible to be a mid main in solo queue

right now mid mains can only play ranked with 3+ ppl

Newt

It's not that there's anything wrong with the system. It's just that mid is the most popular role by a wide margin.

zkylon

zkylewd
say role distribution is like this:
mid 35%
jungle 20%
adc 15%
support 15%
top 15%

give or take, whatever

with this system one out of the 5 roles is unplayable and roughly one third of the players get fucked

how can u say there is nothing wrong with the system

Talents

Banned
It's not that there's anything wrong with the system. It's just that mid is the most popular role by a wide margin.

It doesn't spend long enough actively looking for the mid role though. The other day, I spent like 10 seconds in a queue before it put me in a game in my secondary position, doesn't seem like the system spent enough time waiting for an open mid role.

They shouldn't call it a primary role if it can't give you that role more than 50% of the time, regardless if it is a popular role. I literally couldn't care if I had to wait 30 minutes for a mid game, I'm used to waiting that long when I queued up for Yasuo mid in old team builder.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
say role distribution is like this:
mid 35%
jungle 20%
adc 15%
support 15%
top 15%

give or take, whatever

with this system one out of the 5 roles is unplayable and roughly one third of the players get fucked

how can u say there is nothing wrong with the system
This system doesn't make more or less people want to play the role. How does that make it unplayable? The only real change would be that nobody fights over role selection inside champ select. I queue up as fill or mid secondary and still get it a decent amount.

Newt

The system prioritizes the fastest queue times, which starts to matter as soon as you enter plat elo.

I don't think changing the system is a viable solution.

zkylon

zkylewd
This system doesn't make more or less people want to play the role. How does that make it unplayable? The only real change would be that nobody fights over role selection inside champ select. I queue up as fill or mid secondary and still get it a decent amount.
it's literally unplayable cos u don't get to play it because 80% of the games you get your secondary. like i'm not misusing the word, you literally cannot play it lol

i actually got mid more often by asking ppl during champ select in the old system, the concept of "primary role" in this system is a joke

but hey, dynamic queue, i just join up with a couple friends, ask one of them to abuse the system with me by mirroring each other's picks and so i don't got much reason to complain

if someone cares about solo q and is a mid main tho, boy you're fucked

Newt

You're not abusing the system, it's intentionally like that. The system might be a downgrade to for mid only players, but it's better for every other player.

garath

The system is better for everyone. Even mid mains. In the old system you could end up with three or four mid mains in the same queue and everyone now needs to play some sort of filler role. That means people in roles they are comfortable in or actively dislike. Your whole team will suffer as a result.

This way you are going to get one of two roles. Even if you don't get your main role, you get your second best role and that other person gets their primary role instead.

We need to move past a single role world and into two.

Queue times can already get pretty ugly even in lowely silver. Increasing them is not something I'd be on board with. Maybe prioritizing primary a bit more for those 10 second queue times but that's about it.

Newt

The most popular role is always gonna get shafted because people like me know I can just put it in secondary to get my primary role, though in reality my secondary role is support.

Thats not the fault of the system though.

Top Bottom