• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Nekofrog

Banned
But it's not the same at all. In mmos you can pick a role and be certain to always get it at the cost of the wait time. For Mid in leagues, you have to pick a secondary role which you'll get more times than your primary role which makes no sense. What's the point of a primary role if you get it less than the secondary role?

i was speaking in terms of the people who want it to actually work that way, sorry i wasn't specific

if they decide to make it prioritize your primary over your secondary by a wide margin, midlaners are going to have queue times like a rogue in WOW in raidfinder a few years ago.

zkylon

zkylewd
"yeah we think viktor has been very strong for many patches"

although his winrate has been decaying with every patch since champion.gg can remember and he's not very successful in competitive either

"his waveclear is too safe"

so let's make him weaker

meanwhile

"yo we know everyone hates katarina cos her kit is super toxic but uhh some random stuff about roaming let's make her laning a ton more safer cos u know targeted manaless harass is always a great idea on a champion that can 100-0 by just cilcking on you"

i didn't say anything about the ahri love tap cos ahri is undoubtely overtuned but this is so dumb

Hard

Banned
Seems more like a change for competitive rather than SoloQ. Viktor's lazor was always good for wave-clearing and stalling a game out until he could hit his power spikes. Stalled out games are boring, so they toned it down.

Tbh they should be looking more into the fundamental issues like how snowbally the game is (meaning no teams are willing to take risks), constant lane swaps, 4v0 turret trading, and how the game is PvE for the first 20 minutes.

Illaoi bug fixed, good lord, sick of seeing lee kicks me everyday and neutralize my R

Annie_Splash_10.jpg

Pilvoter people like purple or just a mini Cait

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Katarina is one of those champions that should just stay dead in her current form...

Talents

Banned
?

Vik has been played 111 times between the 5 major regions (NA, EU, LCK, LPL, LMS)

Not this season. Plus if they are only going off of pick rate, they need to nerf; Lulu, Alistar, Kalista, Elise, Corki, Rek'Sai, Poppy, Braum, Nidalee, Graves, Fiora, Janna, Caitlyn, Ezreal, Lissandra, Morgana, Ahri before they even get to Viktors pick rate.

Minion collision is a fucking stupid mechanic. Either it works against you in ways that you can do jack shit about besides picking Fizz or you can abuse it to do the same against someone else.

It doesn't make the game more fun, it doesn't make the game more complex, all it adds is frustration akin to Smash Brawl tripping.

Edwardo

Nice LB skin. Maybe I'll play her again soon.

I've been queueing as mid/fill lately so I can get mid every once in a while.

phinious

Minion collision is a fucking stupid mechanic. Either it works against you in ways that you can do jack shit about besides picking Fizz or you can abuse it to do the same against someone else.

It doesn't make the game more fun, it doesn't make the game more complex, all it adds is frustration akin to Smash Brawl tripping.

I think it was fine until they changed it a few patches ago. Getting stuck is frustrating. I don't remember this frustration until recently..

I think it was fine until they changed it a few patches ago. Getting stuck is frustrating. I don't remember this frustration until recently..
+1

I've had what felt like the stupidest creep blocks lately where the character seems to get confused in its pathing and I end up missing a last hit because of it. Beyond obnoxious.

that's mostly because League never got its implementation right and clearly never will. They seem intent on bending over backwards to find ways to "simplify" the gameplay experience and remove traces of advanced strategy, itemization and composition options. I suppose in that context you're right and they should. Especially if pathing is going to be kinda shit like it tends to be these days.

Anyway, I hope at some point in the future that they revisit the Muramana change because I can't think of another offensive item that essentially stops providing its main benefit for the remainder of a fight if you use it too much, who's spending is out of your control. In this game or any other. I guess I should blame the Gnar design and the trend that followed it. Its another dumbing down measure that will restrict how I want to play a champ down the stretch.

I feel like if I want to burn my last 20% on Muramana procs to secure a kill then I should be able to make that decision, Riot. If I need to burn Muramana active attacks to help defend against super minions, let me have the choice to do that. The simplification efforts are probably of the right spirit, but unduly limiting in practice.

drawkcaB

My ekko is very sad though. Runic echoes and iceborn nerfs in the same patch may hurt him a lot.

Ekko has such a malleable kit in my opinion. Wouldn't be surprised if there's some underused items on him that are almost or as effective as his current core build.

Edit: actually the IBG nerf shouldn't affect Ekko much at all and the addition of Expose Weakness seems like something he'd really want.

drawkcaB

Sad Hecatim buffs on PBE. Here's hoping Riot addresses getting his ass getting handed to me on initial clears and correcting his mana problems that persist well past level 6.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Sad Hecatim buffs on PBE. Here's hoping Riot addresses getting his ass getting handed to me on initial clears and correcting his mana problems that persist well past level 6.
I don't have too many problems with first clear on Hecarim right now. Kind of hate the mana thing because he needs to use abilities to clear and just do stuff but the game is so punishing to that.

I like the Jhin changes to his W and R that now are considered single target against champions. This means that Deathfire Touch is the best mastery for him, since it scales off 60% Bonus AD over 4 seconds for single-target spells.

It's actually quite a big buff I think.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I just want them to fix the 20 minute tower trade clown fiesta in LCS.

drawkcaB

there's an easy solution, just go runic echoes on him

Doesn't help him. By the time Runic Echoes is purchased his mana issues have started to subside.

I don't have too many problems with first clear on Hecarim right now. Kind of hate the mana thing because he needs to use abilities to clear and just do stuff but the game is so punishing to that.

Yeah, I misspoke. First clear doesn't beat you up I the sense that it's hard, but rather that if a gank opportunity isn't open at level 3 or so and I go back to farming camps, then as I go on I find my health and mana pool getting low enough that even if a gank does present itself shortly after but before my first back I can't do it.

nbraun80

Doesn't help him. By the time Runic Echoes is purchased his mana issues have started to subside.

Yeah, I misspoke. First clear doesn't beat you up I the sense that it's hard, but rather that if a gank opportunity isn't open at level 3 or so and I go back to farming camps, then as I go on I find my health and mana pool getting low enough that even if a gank does present itself shortly after but before my first back I can't do it.

wouldn't an early hunters potion help quite a bit?

jerd

I assume thats a normal game in which case I'm not sure what you expect. Basically the reason people play ranked is because it guarantees quality, or at least evenly matched, games

I just got beat by a devourer volibear. Definitely a career low for me as a jungler

Dragon Strike (Q) mana cost reduced to 40/45/50/55/60 from 45/50/55/60/65
Cataclysm (R)
Mana cost reduced to 100 at all ranks from 100/125/150
Now does damage to all enemies in the circle instead of only target.
Now plants a flag he can Q to in the middle of the circle.

The experimental j4 changes are really nice

Top Bottom