• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

pigeon

Banned
Had a few S- games but this is my first S.

FZgzyfi.png

For clarity on what's required, you have to carry the shit out of it.

So I tried out Teemo Jungle, and I've acquired a new love for the champion, especially with his Omega Squad skin. Some of the most fun I've had in a while.

TheFlow

Banned
Used to hate seeing the Vayne pick since 8/10 times the person playing her would be horrible or believe they are the next doublelift and go 1vs5.

Happy to say not so much anymore. Feel like with all these viable ADC's the only ones playing her are the ones who actually know how to play her.
Exactly.

Also I am seeing a lot of varus players lately. What up with that

Neol

man the new pantheon lore really set him up to get a cool rework and then there's that spear of targon crap that's like "nope he's still a lame 300 dude"

like he's now supposed to be some cool spirit of war that has like a spear of the gods or something but in reality he's just a lame 300 dude

I kinda like him as a dumb 300 guy. Kinda reflects on his simple kit and the simplicity of the character in general.

The real tragedy is how there is no Baker Pantheon skin.

pigeon

Banned
man the new pantheon lore really set him up to get a cool rework and then there's that spear of targon crap that's like "nope he's still a lame 300 dude"

like he's now supposed to be some cool spirit of war that has like a spear of the gods or something but in reality he's just a lame 300 dude

i'll read the other two tomorrow i guess

i like that riot is making more story stuff but i wish it had pictures or something. this time it doesn't even have music...

i guess they had that poopy comic but idk, i feel like just a lot of text isn't the most interesting way of telling the story of this world

Yeah, I am hopeful that there will be some more multimedia coming down the line. As I recall, they did a bunch of text for Shurima before the video? That might be wrong?

Since Mount Targon is officially Olympus there's a lot of opportunity for them to do neat Greek legendy aesthetics that they haven't really done before.

I guess Taric is going to be a forge god avatar? Maybe?

zkylon

zkylewd
I kinda like him as a dumb 300 guy. Kinda reflects on his simple kit and the simplicity of the character in general.

The real tragedy is how there is no Baker Pantheon skin.
i mean, i wouldn't want him to lose like his "spartan" identity but at least not make it so lame

like he could be like actually godly and unique looking

also his kit has been in dire need of a rework of some kind in like forever

Yeah, I am hopeful that there will be some more multimedia coming down the line. As I recall, they did a bunch of text for Shurima before the video? That might be wrong?

Since Mount Targon is officially Olympus there's a lot of opportunity for them to do neat Greek legendy aesthetics that they haven't really done before.

I guess Taric is going to be a forge god avatar? Maybe?
i want rito to do like an animatrix kind of thing

Normals are a very weird place.

You get a lot of comps without an actual ADC. Or five tanks building nothing but armor and Z'zrot Portals.

And half the time, they're stupid enough to work.

My girlfriend is just getting into League, with no exposure to any game even sort of like this before. Is there an especially good youtube series or web reference I could show her to cover the basics?

pigeon

Banned
I actually think Teemo jungle is a much better global player experience than Teemo in lane and Riot should switch their focus to enabling that instead. Teemo really wants to roam with shrooms and this way nobody has to lane against him for too long.

Calvero

Banned
got trolled so hard just now. cho went afk after 3 mins. our mf was afk for the first 13 mins. yasuo gave first blood at 50 secs and went on to feed 8 kills in under 15 mins. i got cheesed out of my first camp. realized this game was donezo so just fucked around but didn't feed.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I still think aioli sauce's debuff is just too long. No debuff should last more than 20 seconds long at the most extreme circumstances.

nbraun80

Illaioi or however it's spelt. I've just nicknamed her aioli sauce, makes more sense. Her tentacle debuff on the soul wrenching spell is just ridiculous. Far too long of a debuff for no reason.

Oh that, it is a bit annoying, you do know you can get rid of it by killing two tentacles though, right?

spuckthew

holy shit, vayne's ability to come back if she reaches late game is unreal. this vayne was feeding hard early and mid game, but once she reached late game, she carried the shit out of us.

Vayne players aren't just ADC mains, they are Vayne mains. Back in season 2/3 she was a pretty common pick as there wasn't really an ADC meta and pew-pew champions were good. Now a lot of the common ADC picks are bursty champions who have strong skills. Heck, Vayne was a legit ban in season 2/3. Now if anyone bans Vayne I swear blindly that they're trolling or spiting me.

Her early game can be weak as fuck against more difficult match-ups, but get through laning phase safely and she can become the late-game queen.

<3 Vayne

jerd

Kindred feels kinda bad now and I hate it :-/. I didn't think the changes would do that much but they really needed that dominant early game to get stacked consistently. Plus with the nerfs to steraks it's probably not worth building on her and I'm not sure what the ideal build path would even be

Hard

Banned
Two thoughts:

1. Fiora being disabled is awesome. Top lane has been a lot more enjoyable over the past few days. Take your sweet time, Riot.

2. I feel dumb for not picking up Sunfire instead of DMP and playing split-push Renekton. I respect the enemy Jungler too much tbh

jerd

Had a few S- games but this is my first S.

For clarity on what's required, you have to carry the shit out of it.

You really don't

Ward a lot/kill a lot of wards, do your job, farm decently, don't feed

S

Also never sell swifties on kindred good god what was i thinking. I only had to play one fight with it but it was horrible. Homeguard buff standing in base made it impossible for me to tell how much move speed i was losing and i figured with two zeal items it wouldn't be much. I was wrong

kenbo

You really don't

Ward a lot/kill a lot of wards, do your job, farm decently, don't feed

S

Also never sell swifties on kindred good god what was i thinking. I only had to play one fight with it but it was horrible. Homeguard buff standing in base made it impossible for me to tell how much move speed i was losing and i figured with two zeal items it wouldn't be much. I was wrong

sells boots
-> doesnt get trinity force

what

jerd

Should I have gotten triforce? I honestly don't know i was just spitballing lol.

Steraks is so freaking weird now you actually lose ad on combine until level 17 or something like that on kindred.

kenbo

trinity, amazing on kindred, gives flat 20ms as well as the standard 5%ms, also the most expensive and therefore most slot efficient item

you're selling boots to increase your slot efficiency

jerd

Yeah i sold it for pd but it left me with 358 move speed down from like 415 or something so it felt kinda bad. I actually dont know what it was in combat probably not awful since I would have an additional 7%.

Top Bottom