• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

TheFlow

Banned
MF stomps low elo.

Trist is probably what you should learn though.
Could I carry myself to gold with mf? I don't think playing support only will get me to plat

Trist already my fav add champ but I suck early game with her. My laning is rough

Hard

Banned
Fuck, I can't stay mad at League forever. I'll give top Naut a try to increase my champ pool. Maybe pull out the Irelia again.

you mean you didn't like my art before? -__-

also i've always read ur name as mostly manly man

i think u should change it to that

funnier that way
Some of you the stuff you post is ok to me, but recently i have liked all of them.

Lol that would make it even more of a mouth full to say.

Blizzard

Banned
Since bronze has started banning Kog'Maw even after the nerf, I figured I would start practicing Graves instead. He feels weird as an ADC though. His Q takes 100 mana, as much as most champion's ults. The highest winrate build on champion.gg doesn't use essence reaver, so I guess if I'm pro I'm just supposed to hardly ever use Q? :p

Bacon

Since bronze has started banning Kog'Maw even after the nerf, I figured I would start practicing Graves instead. He feels weird as an ADC though. His Q takes 100 mana, as much as most champion's ults. The highest winrate build on champion.gg doesn't use essence reaver, so I guess if I'm pro I'm just supposed to hardly ever use Q? :p

it's 100 mana at max rank at which point you should have a plenty big mana pool

Blizzard

Banned
it's 100 mana at max rank at which point you should have a plenty big mana pool
Maybe 500-600 mana if I recall correctly, so you can only use it on a couple minion waves before you're dangerously low. You need 250+ mana for the combo, so you can only really use half the pool on minions/harass/siege.

Yeah but that is how he always has been. He was not destroying early game before the "nerf". You want to win against kog, put pressure on him early game.

I used Kog before the nerfs, a well placed support stun on the enemy adc or focusing the tank was a instant kill or at least force them to recall to their base and free easy farming with his W.

the problem currently I feel is for a late game carry he really only needs one item(rage blade) to start being decently strong and gets pretty silly with rage blade, hurricane. What they need to do is stop nerfing champions that use rage blade and things like devour and realize rage blade is the problem.

About that item, Guinsoo wasnt listed in Kog default build path before the nerf, now it is.

nbraun80

Yeah but that is how he always has been. He was not destroying early game before the "nerf". You want to win against kog, put pressure on him early game.
the problem currently I feel is for a late game carry he really only needs one item(rage blade) to start being decently strong and gets pretty silly with rage blade, hurricane. What they need to do is stop nerfing champions that use rage blade and things like devour and realize rage blade is the problem.

I used Kog before the nerfs, a well placed support stun on the enemy adc or focusing the tank swas a instant kill or at least forcem them to recall to their base and free easy farming with his W
Dude his attack speed when from .665 to .625 like is it not that big of a nerf. Your making it sounds like they made him useless early game. If your saying he is already good early game now, which i dont agree with. Then he is just barely barely worst early game.

Oh yeah i agree rageblade is way too strong. But im saying that the nerf to his attack speed doesnt matter that much because it is so small and once you get rageblade it doesnt matter.

Nekofrog

Banned
An adc like kog existing is fine when his two core items together cost almost 7000 gold. The cost of rage blade and runaans brings him online much too early.

An adc like kog existing is fine when his two core items together cost almost 7000 gold. The cost of rage blade and runaans brings him online much too early.
Yeah thats how he should be if they want to make him the late game glass cannon. But right now he is just a cannon the melts everything and then gets tanky from gage and hexdrinker.

zer0das

Banned
I'm out of the loop. How does Akali Tank Top work?

It really doesn't. It basically assumes your opponent is an idiot and continues to try to kill you long past the point where it's obvious they can't.

But if you really want to know, max e first, in team fights try to dump it on everyone because you can use it every second before you run out of energy. Generally go sunfire/titanic hydra/spirit visage, other tanky stuff. If you get past 3 items, I'd be really surprised. Here's a video about it though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdbwityB8Ng

TheFlow

Banned
It really doesn't. It basically assumes your opponent is an idiot and continues to try to kill you long past the point where it's obvious they can't.

But if you really want to know, max e first, in team fights try to dump it on everyone because you can use it every second before you run out of energy. Generally go sunfire/titanic hydra/spirit visage, other tanky stuff. If you get past 3 items, I'd be really surprised. Here's a video about it though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdbwityB8Ng
Don't ask me how but I have won every match with tank akali on my team but I wish people didn't play her top. Such a risk especially as I am starting to get higher up the Elo ladder. It is always weird watching akali solo someone in lane

nbraun80

basically, but i'm sure they'll do what they did with cinderhulk. Keep nerfing sej because she was strong with the overtuned cinderhulk, finally realize cinderhulk is overtuned and nerf it, then never give sej any love back.

Leezard

You don't need to get kills in your own lane as tank Akali if the lane does not permit it. It's fine to do stuff later in skirmishes and team fights.

I'm out of the loop. How does Akali Tank Top work?

You abuse the strength of Titanic Hydra and Akali's base damages.

zer0das

Banned
You don't need to get kills in your own lane as tank Akali if the lane does not permit it. It's fine to do stuff later in skirmishes and team fights.

Yeah, because you're going to get bullied into oblivion by a ton of top laners pre-6. So if you go in expecting kills or more CS, you're probably going to be sadly disappointed.

Leezard

Yeah, because you're going to get bullied into oblivion by a ton of top laners pre-6. So if you go in expecting kills or more CS, you're probably going to be sadly disappointed.

There exist bad matchups, sure, but I think you're underestimating the pick a lot by saying a "ton" of top laners. Tank Akali is seeing decent results in general in the higher ranks.

kenbo

basically, but i'm sure they'll do what they did with cinderhulk. Keep nerfing sej because she was strong with the overtuned cinderhulk, finally realize cinderhulk is overtuned and nerf it, then never give sej any love back.
They're already nerfing kog again by removing the as% bonus on w and giving him as% growth instead

Got tired of people who don't pick up lanterns or don't follow engages on my elo, so might as well play carry supports. S+ number 2!
ODq4pZi.png

garath

2-1 in gold promos. Had a very very bad ekko jungle game last night for that 1 in the loss column. Like worst ekko game I've had so far. To be fair, the whole team except our toplane was getting spanked but still, I expect to be able to make SOME plays with my favorite champ.

Really shakes the confidence when you get stomped that hard on a comfort pick.

My other wins came on the back of tristana. Maybe I should have bought her dragon trainer skin lol. I just keep winning with her. 85% winrate now. I know she doesn't have a clear power spike the way she used to but when you are farming well enough and maybe get a kill or two, she's pretty consistent all the way through. Especially once I stopped rushing IE. I'm back to the BF sword into shiv or rapidfire. Her damage feels much better with that progression. Now if I can stop fat fingering W into stupid places I'd have an even better kda. Lol.

I'm starting to feel like gragas is ban worthy again. He's kind of back in the super jungle pick category. Tons of mobility, CC, tanky as hell and huge base damages.

Probably ban him over udyr.

I think I'm going to learn MF, finally.

Adding her to a champion pool of Jinx, Ashe, Trist, Graves, Sivir and Ezreal should be pretty helpful to help me get better.

Top Bottom