• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Newt

Looks like Sivir is back. Time to take my toll on ranked.
3b560f7063b6e86e839bbb7bdddb3471.png

Salex_

Lost another game because my team absolutely refused to group up despite begging them every 2 minutes for 20 minutes straight (along with multiple pings). I don't know why I still play ranked :(

I don't understand the Soraka hate. Every time I lane against her we easily win lane. Now in ARAM she's hidious.

Laning against a Raka is the closest I've felt to what I think a MMO RPG boss feels like.

"I'm doing all this dmg ... yet this lil fucker is making it all useless."

Raka, the MMO Healer put in a PVP game.

jerd

I don't understand the Soraka hate. Every time I lane against her we easily win lane. Now in ARAM she's hidious.

She basically just allows the adc to play like a moron and makes it hard to punish them for it. Didn't she get changed recently though? I haven't seen her in a while

Fracas

#fuckonami

Her kit is just not very fun to play against, at least for me. I feel like instead of being a mindless heal bot, her kit should have real sacrifices - make her manaless and have all her abilities cost health, or something. It's so frustrating seeing her heal someone like 5 times then she gets it all back so quickly.

I'm always down for Devourer nerfs even when it sounds kinda random

Delete that item already and never make another one again
"just pink ward and exhaust"

yeah so easy when you have talon and two tanks running at you
Each person can carry one pink and Exhaust duh

You know, I wonder why they haven't reworked the Warrior Item to use the hydra component? Would be an interesting rework to put it alongside the Cinderhulk and Runic...

...then I remembered that most AD junglers never have a problem with clears like tank and AP junglers do and they need those items. It would be healthier if they just removed or replaced devourer with a hydra jungle item for farming junglers.

zkylon

zkylewd
"just pink ward and exhaust"

yeah so easy when you have talon and two tanks running at you

teamfight talon isn't a problem

lane talon is a problem cos his ult has a ridiculous cd that's shorter than every other ult

Don't really get why popeye but I'm actually diggin it.
yeah i guess like fat hands or something but the art is really really cool

they're a weird person that draws creepy children versions of popular characters

that's the only other league one, not as weird, and like their other stuff is like super unsettling

but hey it's kinda cool, whatever

pigeon

Banned
Her kit is just not very fun to play against, at least for me. I feel like instead of being a mindless heal bot, her kit should have real sacrifices - make her manaless and have all her abilities cost health, or something. It's so frustrating seeing her heal someone like 5 times then she gets it all back so quickly.

I mean, her heal does cost health? Literally it costs 10% of her max health. For Soraka to spam heals she has to keep hitting you with Q, a spell which is super slow unless she's standing right next to you.

They are actually nerfing her in an upcoming patch so that her Q gives her a HOT instead of an instant heal and a chunk of her W is also a HOT. Plus some skill play in that you have to W while the HOT is on you to pass it over.

However, her poke is actually getting better and she'll grant movement speed while running away instead, so I tend to suspect people will hate her just as much.

Calvero

Banned
I mean, her heal does cost health? Literally it costs 10% of her max health. For Soraka to spam heals she has to keep hitting you with Q, a spell which is super slow unless she's standing right next to you.

They are actually nerfing her in an upcoming patch so that her Q gives her a HOT instead of an instant heal and a chunk of her W is also a HOT. Plus some skill play in that you have to W while the HOT is on you to pass it over.

However, her poke is actually getting better and she'll grant movement speed while running away instead, so I tend to suspect people will hate her just as much.

what is HOT

what is HOT

Heal over Time.

And that only applies to the 'rejuvenation' passive when Soraka hits a champion with her Q and heal an ally. The base heal is applied instantly (200 at max rank).

I think Soraka is going to be a weird champion in terms of what skills to max now.

pigeon

Banned
Sivir hits about as fast as illaoi so why go cooldown boots?

Not Newt, but I'm guessing because Essence Reaver gives 30% cooldown reduction and ADCs don't have great options for that other 10%.

With max CDR Sivir's W has a 3.6 second cooldown and it grants a ton of attack speed while it's active, so you get some of that attack speed back by getting more Ws.

The item I'm surprised about is actually the Phantom Dancer.

Lost another game because my team absolutely refused to group up despite begging them every 2 minutes for 20 minutes straight (along with multiple pings). I don't know why I still play ranked :(

I have the same problem and I decided I'm probably going to stop playing ranked. It's incredible how when I play, I get ignored by teammates constantly who insist on spamming "Defend" or "Baron" or "**** you (insert champion here), go uninstall"

It just sucks any and all of the fun out of the game. I know I've improved a lot and I still have a lot more room to grow ... but when I can't win and I'm stuck playing with the same people who don't understand anything over and over again, I just lose the will to really want to try. :(

Not Newt, but I'm guessing because Essence Reaver gives 30% cooldown reduction and ADCs don't have great options for that other 10%.

With max CDR Sivir's W has a 3.6 second cooldown and it grants a ton of attack speed while it's active, so you get some of that attack speed back by getting more Ws.

Phantom Dancer is actually okay against assassins and dive comps since it gives you some form of tankiness. I wouldn't build that on Sivir under other circumstances since well, Sivir is a shit duelist.

Tizoc

Fair enough i guess.

Calvero

Banned
Just played my first ranked game with Corki...with a Yasuo supp. ;-; he fed, but my jungler and I carried. Then he chats "and you all doubted that yas supp" ;-;

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
No way he's less interesting than udyr or more frustrating than Mundo. He also falls off late game in ways that they just don't

His cc is garbage though. He's just a bruiser/juggernaut. To say that he's the most unfun champ in the game is kinda absurd when we have mega tanks like malphite that are 10x more useful than voli throughout the game or tanky hyper carries like fiora. There are so many champs with worse design than voli.
Udyr has distinct jungle patterns, and has more strategic decisions to make in team fights, even if they're small. Should more than one target be stunned before stance swapping? Volibear is really just charge at a single target and focus them down, and with the long-ish cooldowns you're looking at a tank who tries to get you in one go and just outdoes you with stats. I hate it.

Mundo has the gameplay of chaining/dodging cleavers and plays a game of chicken on his ultimate to get the most out of it. The contrast to Volibear's innate heal identifies the problems with that champion. Malphite has fun combos, and there's more to be said for timing and positioning the ult with the right priority target. Volibear lacks any identity as a tank. Just a ball of auto-attacking stats. It gets worse and more noticeable as other tanks get reworked in ways that are really interesting. Sion, Shen, Poppy, all these guys have way more interesting plays to make than Volibear and the gap is only getting wider.

Top Bottom