• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

jerd

Tbf they just nerfed fiora, her build path, and steraks so I'm sure they want to watch that before they do anything crazy to her

Udyr has distinct jungle patterns, and has more strategic decisions to make in team fights, even if they're small. Should more than one target be stunned before stance swapping? Volibear is really just charge at a single target and focus them down, and with the long-ish cooldowns you're looking at a tank who tries to get you in one go and just outdoes you with stats. I hate it.

Mundo has the gameplay of chaining/dodging cleavers and plays a game of chicken on his ultimate to get the most out of it. The contrast to Volibear's innate heal identifies the problems with that champion. Malphite has fun combos, and there's more to be said for timing and positioning the ult with the right priority target. Volibear lacks any identity as a tank. Just a ball of auto-attacking stats. It gets worse and more noticeable as other tanks get reworked in ways that are really interesting. Sion, Shen, Poppy, all these guys have way more interesting plays to make than Volibear and the gap is only getting wider.

I don't disagree that he's a boring champ with a boring kit, I just don't think that he's even in the top 10-20 or more of champs that are most frustrating to play against.

Leezard

I think massive is overestimating Duskblade's impact. It's decent, sure, but something like Ghostblade is stronger.

I find it seldom that the Duskblade proc is the difference between life and death; often the target would die anyway.

jerd

That's why I think Duskblade is something you only build when behind. Zed and talon never had problems bursting anything as long as they were even or ahead. Duskblade keeps you relevant when you're falling behind

Duskblade isn't making such an impact like I thought it would so massive is really overestimating it. You could've had a point when he still had his silence .. ghost blade instead of rushing that is best. Talon has many weakpoints, but I'm guessing they couldnt leave him untouched since Zed got a nerf out the gate cause of Duskblade's arrival

That's why I think Duskblade is something you only build when behind. Zed and talon never had problems bursting anything as long as they were even or ahead. Duskblade keeps you relevant when you're falling behind

jerd makes a great point here as well.

I think massive is overestimating Duskblade's impact. It's decent, sure, but something like Ghostblade is stronger.

I find it seldom that the Duskblade proc is the difference between life and death; often the target would die anyway.
I just feel it loads so much into their kit when they're already strong. Like, I can't remember the last time I was actively banning Zed.
How often are Talon/Zed behind in mid though? Even then, DB is still a core pick-up down the line.
Duskblade isn't making such an impact like I thought it would so massive is really overestimating it.
Admittedly didn't know the silence had gone (thank fuck).
Talon has many weakpoints, but I'm guessing they couldnt leave him untouched since Zed got a nerf out the gate cause of Duskblade's arrival
I suppose the the issue really is the stealth aspect (not just of Talon).

Leezard

I just feel it loads so much into their kit when they're already strong. Like, I can't remember the last time I was actively banning Zed.
Zed has been really strong even before Duskblade, he was one of the top mid champs for quite a while. If anything, I think he's less worthy of a ban now than before Duskblade hit, though that has to do with the strength of other champions as well.

Zed has been really strong even before Duskblade, he was one of the top mid champs for quite a while.
I mean, the changes to his ult definitely mad him more effective if you can use it but the was the last spike I can think of pre 6.x.

Season 6 with the items and masteries has just gave him too much though IMO without being a "good" player.

Leezard

I mean, the changes to his ult definitely mad him more effective if you can use it but the was the last spike I can think of pre 6.x.

Season 6 with the items and masteries has just gave him too much though IMO without being a "good" player.

That's exactly it. Ever since preseason/start of season (sometime during this period of time), Zed has been really strong. Duskblade did pretty much nothing to make him more ban worthy.

zer0das

Banned
I have the same problem and I decided I'm probably going to stop playing ranked. It's incredible how when I play, I get ignored by teammates constantly who insist on spamming "Defend" or "Baron" or "**** you (insert champion here), go uninstall"

It just sucks any and all of the fun out of the game. I know I've improved a lot and I still have a lot more room to grow ... but when I can't win and I'm stuck playing with the same people who don't understand anything over and over again, I just lose the will to really want to try. :(

Join the dark side and play ARAMs with me!

I think my biggest pet peeve: junglers who gank thinking "he's playing Mundo, he needs help early!" and spam pings when they're still 10-20 seconds away. They expect me to tank a wave of 20-25 minions and the enemy top laner for 10-20 seconds, at level 3 or 4. This isn't season 2-3, minions actually do a ton of damage early. To put things in perspective, if you just let me stick to my own business and last hit, 25 minions is worth in the neighborhood of 500-600 gold. So even if I can't last hit for diddly, I still probably come out ahead more by just last hitting unless it is a first blood kill. And that's not even factoring the exp difference. Please stop making me choose between the superior gold+exp from last hitting, and a kill that isn't worth much, but you've taken the effort to show up in lane so you make me feel semi-obligated to try for it anyways. Or wait a bit for the time it takes me to trim the wave down to a reasonable size. And don't flash into their turret and give them double buffs. A lot of junglers just have no idea how to properly assess a gank. If it's probably going to fail without even the enemy doing a countergank, don't frakking do it.

Just played my first ranked game with Corki...with a Yasuo supp. ;-; he fed, but my jungler and I carried. Then he chats "and you all doubted that yas supp" ;-;
Poor man's Braum! Whooo.

Hard

Banned
Gaaaaaaah, lost to a Cho'Gath, a Zed, and a Quinn top yesterday. Made a lot of dumb mistakes. Let's try again today.

nbraun80

can someone look at my last game and tell me what I need to better on. My last two games with nami have been terrible.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/30611464
Not super knowledgable about support builds, but I would say don't build ardent censer, I don't think it's that good, maybe as a luxury item when way ahead. You're gold would probably be better spent getting an earlier mikael's, locket, or zeke's depending on what you need that game. Not sure on what the hot boots are for sup currently, but possibly swifty's over mobi's or it looks like some nami's go cdr boots to hit 40% cdr with frost queens, mikael's and locket. these two links are good sources of info of builds and trends.
http://probuilds.net/champions/details/Nami
http://champion.gg/champion/Nami

I'm sure ghost or someone could offer better support insight though.

also the cool kids use this site nowadays. http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=7flow

Leezard

can someone look at my last game and tell me what I need to better on. My last two games with nami have been terrible.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/30611464

Not super knowledgable about support builds, but I would say don't build ardent censer, I don't think it's that good, maybe as a luxury item when way ahead. You're gold would probably be better spent getting an earlier mikael's, locket, or zeke's depending on what you need that game. Not sure on what the hot boots are for sup currently, but possibly swifty's over mobi's or it looks like some nami's go cdr boots to hit 40% cdr with frost queens, mikael's and locket. these two links are good sources of info of builds and trends.
http://probuilds.net/champions/details/Nami
http://champion.gg/champion/Nami

I'm sure ghost or someone could offer better support insight though.

also the cool kids use this site nowadays. http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=7flow
If we're talking Nami builds, then sighstone -> FQC -> Lucidity boots -> Mikael or Locket/Banner -> Locket/Banner or Mikael (the one you didn't buy).
It's a simple build that works against most comps. Against full ad comps you might want to go FH, but it's far from as good as it was last season.

Swifties I feel is still the better option for roaming. I know Mobi boots got a slight buff and all, but the movement speed feels terrible once you enter combat. Like if I want an alternative to Swifties, I rather pick merc treads or tabi as a jungler/support.

I wanna learn to play Yas...what is wrong with me

A support main wanting to pick up Yasuo? Godspeed.

cSyHoGN.gif

Tizoc

A fed Udyr is BS indeed
Doesn't help that our friggin' Kha AFKed for the first 10 minutes.

Really is that hard to fight BY OUR TURRET?
Why go out into the open and engage?
And why is this blitz so oblivious to wtf Frozen heart does? This is the shit you rush when against a friggin' Udyr not fucking Spirit Massage you selfish prick.

Leezard

But don't banner and locket share the same unique aura or w.e

Yeah, they do. If you have Sightstone and both Locket and Mikael or Banner and Mikael then go for whatever item you want. You can get Zekes, Rylai or Deathcap or whatever. I'd go for Rylai over Zeke since Zeke is kinda bad right now.

TheFlow

Banned
Yeah, they do. If you have Sightstone and both Locket and Mikael or Banner and Mikael then go for whatever item you want. You can get Zekes, Rylai or Deathcap or whatever. I'd go for Rylai over Zeke since Zeke is kinda bad right now.
Ahh gotcha will keep this mind

garath

Lol. Lost my promo to gold, hit play again before I could even see what my LP was, won it and was immediately placed back into gold promo with a free win. Ok. I'll take it!

And man. Naut is so strong top.

zer0das

Banned
I tried AP Alistar for the first time in a while (against Fiora no less). Have to say, pretty strong. I killed her 1v1. And then I did 95% of Lucians damage under tower in one combo, and Jinx autoed him for the kill to finish the game off.

I did more champion damage than anyone on the enemy team, and they had Talon, Fiora, Lucian. And I didn't even do particularly well.

Top Bottom