• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

I don't think cait requires that much practice.
1. Set traps for poking/fleeing/ sieging
2. Don't use R when they enemy is right next to you
3. Switch targets when you are about to proc headshot.

I play her, as much as I can, using the Forg1ven School of Caitlyn Style ... which is hold off putting points in traps as long as you can. Instead, I put them into Q and E.

It sounds counter-intuitive, but I find that if you have a headshot waiting to be used, E+headshot auto from E+headshot auto from passive+Q (if you're lucky) is fairly devastating in the early laning phase. Especially since if you hit E close-up, you can immediately buffer the headshot you proc from E's passive. I've gotten a number of kills on Cait recently doing this and it's hella fun, too.

Regardless, I go RQEW into skills priority now and I find that I can be a lot more aggressive early on if I hit my skill shots as a result.

Hard

Banned
I dunno where this meme of "Renekton falls off" comes from. It's just that he doesn't bring as much utility to the team currently as other top laners.

It's kind a messed up tho. Renekton is one of the oldest "win lane" champions in the game. He's designed to do that, and then not really bring much else to the table. If he can't even do that against champions that are putting out more utility and bringing more to teamfights than him, something is wrong with the balance state of top lane.

costy if you could up his scaling a bit that'd be nice :^)

Code:
Iamsezy: gg
x Venture x: gg everyone
Best Llama NA joined the room.
o0BadHabits0o: gg
Me: just sayin
Me: gg
Best Llama NA: malph
Best Llama NA: how many times
Best Llama NA: did you have
Best Llama NA: 4/5 people
Best Llama NA: run at you
Best Llama NA: with no
Best Llama NA: mia pings
Best Llama NA: at all
Iamsezy: like 6 times
Best Llama NA: 0
Best Llama NA: no
Best Llama NA: 0
samosek left the room.
Iamsezy: yes
Me: im just saying
Best Llama NA: i pinged every time malph wasnt top
Me: follow my advice and you'll poop on people
Iamsezy: naut*
Iamsezy left the room.
x Venture x left the room.
Best Llama NA: idc
Me: but you want to get better?
Me: that's how panth is played
Me: corrupting potion
Best Llama NA: i heard you
Best Llama NA: stfu
Best Llama NA: jesus christ
Best Llama NA left the room.
Me: *shrugs*

Nautilus (me) vs. Pantheon top. Dude was playing waaaaaaaaaay too passive and insisting on farming. This was a normal, so I was trying to tell him to bully me early and apply pressure. He wasn't having it, so I pushed to his turret, roamed mid, killed the enemy Viktor, bought a sunfire, and the lane was over. Hmmm, some people don't take too kindly to criticism, especially when being turret dived. The salt when me and Morg dived him under turret was glorious.

It's not a meme that Renekton falls off. Titanic helps his late game damage, but for the most part he has to build raw damage to do damage late but it makes him too squishy to survive. Up until this season items that gave him both were few and far between and the few weren't good.

Nekofrog

Banned
The renekton falls off thing was true, though. That's why shyvana and Mundo were picked into it so often back in season 3 or 4 or whenever that nightmare was.

Usually around 20 or 25 minutes, sometimes earlier depending in the champion, he would get out scaled by the enemy laner and it was difficult for him to kill squishies. His damage flattened at a sub optimal level because his only real options were britalizer or tiamat into a full tank build that wasn't actually tanky because renekton isn't a natural tank.

pigeon

Banned
I dunno where this meme of "Renekton falls off" comes from. It's just that he doesn't bring as much utility to the team currently as other top laners.

It comes from the time when Renekton fell off really hard. Before the juggernaut patch itemization was just bad for AD caster types. It's the same reason people keep saying Pantheon falls off when he actually has a much better midgame now.

Renekton was probably not the best example of a top laner that needs to snowball to stay relevant -- Riven might be a better one. But hopefully the concept is clear!

kenbo

Okay guys, I thought it over, Talon's nerf was justified, have fun guys.
You'll make it through this

And when he gets reworked he'll get some amazing utility like he stealths the allies around him when he ults

Ps. The he has returned teaser is probably taric. Pantheon and he must've been shield bros

Nautilus (me) vs. Pantheon top. Dude was playing waaaaaaaaaay too passive and insisting on farming. This was a normal, so I was trying to tell him to bully me early and apply pressure. He wasn't having it, so I pushed to his turret, roamed mid, killed the enemy Viktor, bought a sunfire, and the lane was over. Hmmm, some people don't take too kindly to criticism, especially when being turret dived. The salt when me and Morg dived him under turret was glorious.

Lol, if he's playing Mantheon like a pussy he's playing it wrong lmao.

Nekofrog

Banned
Pantheon's the perfect example of "he falls off" not being true anymore. With the new items, pantheon will never not be able to kill squishies in one second if he gets even close to them. With GB/BC/Maw he'll also be killing tanks pretty quickly too for a good duration of the game.

Calvero

Banned
Does anyone want to duo with a bronzie for a match or two. I need one more game to get into Bronze II, and I rather be with someone else.

I play her, as much as I can, using the Forg1ven School of Caitlyn Style ... which is hold off putting points in traps as long as you can. Instead, I put them into Q and E.

It sounds counter-intuitive, but I find that if you have a headshot waiting to be used, E+headshot auto from E+headshot auto from passive+Q (if you're lucky) is fairly devastating in the early laning phase. Especially since if you hit E close-up, you can immediately buffer the headshot you proc from E's passive. I've gotten a number of kills on Cait recently doing this and it's hella fun, too.

Regardless, I go RQEW into skills priority now and I find that I can be a lot more aggressive early on if I hit my skill shots as a result.

He was very widely criticized for his stubbornness with the old Cait build. There's no reason not to put points on W.

I dont understand why people dont max W second. The payoff is huge. It's not very difficult to get a lot of headshots by chaining traps. Drop a few in the middle of team fights can throw people off easily.

I'm an adc noob, but jhin is fun. I can actually remember to kite with him. But is it my noobness or does Lucian just shit on him?

Also, overall it seems like jhin can't handle most adcs 1v1 espeically if they have a dash.

Jhin buffs were nice though and was in the right direction. Love playin him, his ult just needs to be less glitchy though.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I'm an adc noob, but jhin is fun. I can actually remember to kite with him. But is it my noobness or does Lucian just shit on him?

Also, overall it seems like jhin can't handle most adcs 1v1 espeically if they have a dash.

Jhin buffs were nice though and was in the right direction. Love playin him, his ult just needs to be less glitchy though.

luc is a top tier adc anyway right now

patchday

oh noes I dont see Mudrika on right now. For real anyone got time to help me get out of Bronze? I dont wanna go in there solo and get stuck with some suicidal trolls and lose the little LP I earned with Zyra

friend me, carry me (from the NA) --> Ryotian

Advertisement: I can hold my own. Earned 3 victories on Zyra support

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't think Renekton has much that he can contribute to most team fights, and as a result he's really weak transitioning out of lane period. Just too hard for him to be involved in fights with the amount of movespeed/CC others have. Just feels bad to play.

Jhin wants to kite/snipe and Lucian doesn't allow that.

garath

Time to take a break for a few days. I feel like I've lost on champ select my last three losses. Went 2-2 to gold promos then lost the last one in a fiery ball of poo. Yasuo who blames the support for getting one shot by malphite when he was over extended. Quits then comes back flaming non stop. Apparently his brother was a top lane olaf who wandered around the map dying left and right. Those two caused more fights then bitched so much when we lost them. No concept of how to play the game.

Gonna play some tomb raider since I got it cheap for gamestops price mistake. Division coming Friday too. I'll stay silver for awhile longer I guess.

Nekofrog

Banned
I don't think Renekton has much that he can contribute to most team fights, and as a result he's really weak transitioning out of lane period. Just too hard for him to be involved in fights with the amount of movespeed/CC others have. Just feels bad to play.

His teamfight issues definitely still exist. But if he finds an opening now, he is much more likely to burst the squishy target in a shorter duration than he was before.

He still has uses, but around 30 or so minutes you're really wishing you had another toplaner in place of Renekton.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I fucking hate silver.

kaOYjQL.png

Hard

Banned
Renek needs more buffs tbh

when the premier "win lane" champ can't win lane vs. tanks you know you have a problem

pigeon

Banned
Wat?
Your fanboying over renek is getting really annoying

Hard is croc-obsessed, but it's true that Renekton is not in a great state right now. 47% win rate, declining win rate and play rate, and as others have posted he lacks lategame impact with only W to make stuff happen.

He's probably just going to wait until they do the diving fighters pass, though. It's just worse for him because most divers don't even hang out in top lane any more.

Hard

Banned
Gotta love that power creep and % health damage man.

But if company isn't ok with my discussion of Lacoste and their fabulous variety of polos, clothing, and other apparel, we can change the subject :^)

TheFlow

Banned
I mean a good Rene player is going to rekt your shit regardless of statistics on sites like lolking.

It's best not to even look at win rates and play what you are good at

zkylon

zkylewd
finally got around to watching the pantheon video

it's obviously him going demigod at the end of his lore story, but that constellation thing is definitely an eye

so i'm still saying

the watchers are like every deity in league

TheFlow

Banned

Will try this in normals first

jerd

I mean a good Rene player is going to rekt your shit regardless of statistics on sites like lolking.

True when you're talking about your personal champion pool but win rate is generally a good metric of a champion's overall strength. Of course there are other variables like high skill cap champs but I don't think renekton is in danger of being placed in that category

Doesn't he just have reeaaalllly bad matchups in top lane right now?

pigeon

Banned

The conversation isn't about what champion to play, though, it's about what champions are in good states balance-wise.

Renekton isn't in that great a state balance-wise right now. He could be worse, but he could be a lot better.

I'm still searching for my own hand full of champs that I like enough to call my favorites for roles I currently enjoy.

Sure, I love me some Trist and Jinx ... but I'm not a fan of being in the role where someone has to carry me until I'm strong enough to do stuff. If I see someone lock Galio and I'm mid then sure, I'll whip out an ADC and fuck them up but as of now they seem like characters stuck in a role I don't wanna deal with.

Same for Vi and Shyvana. I like Vi. I like how she plays. But she doesn't seem like she'd be good at laning. I've played Shyvana in lane and she's not great there either. They both sadly seem to be much better suited for the JG.

Practiced some Syndra and she seems really interesting but she plays to that angle of "blow your load to try to kill one champ and become far less useful after that" that I don't like.

Gonna bring back Poppy and give her another try top lane now that I know more about itemization. Gonna try Kat now that I know more about the game and Ekko because of the verity he seems to have (Plus he builds a lot like Diana).

Also wanna try Lissandra and LB as well as Gnar and Garen (Garen because of him being a Juggernaut with no mana. He doesn't seem too interesting kit wise but I would like to know what's so interesting about them and he's the cheapest one in the shop) .

Right now all I got is Diana. Any other champ I feel comfy with is ADC but right now I wanna do mid a top ... so unless I can find a reason to go ADC mid I don't see myself playing them right now :/

zkylon

zkylewd
the will draw for rp video is actually pretty sweet

rito should do more of those types of videos, kind of makes them look like double fine or something

Good lord 4 terrible games in a row. In my last game I played support for a Kalista who (I think) forgot she had her ult. At least once she could've saved me and had her ult off CD and just did nothing. Nights like this make me want to uninstall. It's not so much the losing as it is how the games were lost.

cassi rework direction thingie: http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.co...uM-mid-year-mage-updates-cassiopeia-direction

they mostly want to make her less about twin fangs and even that out with her q and w, differentiate q and w more, and replace the passive for something less dumb

sounds good, i honestly liked cassi a lot better before her rework

i'd like if they changed they type of skillshot in w, q feels good to use, but w is just boring

why are they changing cassi

she's fine

like wat

fuck off riot

zkylon

zkylewd
bad winrate, nobody plays her, had to be nerfed repeatedly for competitive in the past

her previous rework wasn't very good, she's a good candidate

bad winrate, nobody plays her, had to be nerfed repeatedly for competitive in the past

her previous rework wasn't very good, she's a good candidate

oh they nerfed her

that makes sense

sheesh. she has a high skill cap, it's ok for her to be hard to play as.(before the nerfs that destroyed her)

fucking riot

Neol

Yea as much as I like Caseopia she needs help in a lot of places. I agree if there's any spell they need to change its W as it feels pretty awkward to use.

As long as they keep her gameplay as involved as it is now with lots of spellweaving then I'm looking forward to it.

Top Bottom