• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

you don't need to split your efforts into learning a champion and learning the game

Go to the river
Ward that bush
Don't split your efforts
Splitpush

200.gif

TheFlow

Banned
ugh first pick shyvanna jungle against nasus and Ez...might dodge

edit: we actually made them surrender but now I am 5lp

patchday

If you think about it though that's not surprising at all since remaining a neutral presence in every game is going to keep you exactly where you're at. I think it was pobelter who used to talk on stream all the time about aggression. Basically if you want to maintain elo play passive, if you want to climb learn to play aggressive. Realistically your lane opponent probably leaves you 10+ openings to kill them, successfully trade with them, or just deny them farm all before 5 minutes. For all the talk about worrying about your champion pool or whatever the main thing you should be worrying about is very basic game knowledge.

Thanks jerd that lopoks like very solid advice. I think I need to take my time and just focus on getting better in ranked. I queued up solo this morning for a quick game before I go to work. Wish me luck!

Thanks guys!!!

patchday

lost my ranked match but learned a lot. I learned i need to ban Morgana for now lol. But i plan to unlock her. I just could not dodge her Q.

Had a lot of fun though. my adc was Vayne. it makes me so sad to see Vayne in low elo.

Anyway I need to practice against morg somemore. it shouldnt be hard to dodge her Q

TheFlow

Banned
I am on tilt. jesus christ fml. having good starts then feeding like mad because the enemy team got fed off my teammates.

same thing everytime. Bot lane does good other lane does bad so enemy laner roams bot and rekts us with 4 man ganks under turret.

edit: the kennen who cost us game was a first time kennen...I don't even

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
One of the places Nasus isn't able to keep up is mobility, and the ability to stick to late game targets that have CC breaks or improved movespeed.

It's pretty rare for me to feel that champion mechanical error is the reason people can't succeed in low level games. None of the champions are really hard enough that it should be totally offputting for anyone at any skill level to play them.

It's not about pulling off flashy movies. "Mechanically demanding" champions can make players just act like idiots. For instance I don't think Lee Sin is all that mechanically complex, sure it has a high skill ceiling, but overall it's fine. However, there are junglers out there who feel that you need to follow up every fucking Q. It's ridiculous. Bronze and Silver players tend to do this. It's just their natural instinct. Just removing the ability for this kind of stuff to happen alleviates a lot of frustration and can build a higher win chance.

pigeon

Banned
I am on tilt. jesus christ fml. having good starts then feeding like mad because the enemy team got fed off my teammates.

same thing everytime. Bot lane does good other lane does bad so enemy laner roams bot and rekts us with 4 man ganks under turret.

edit: the kennen who cost us game was a first time kennen...I don't even

Good opportunity to start seeing those dives before they happen.

If you're at half under turret and mid is MIA or top lane is pushed in, make sure you have side bush wards and get ready to bail the fuck out.

TheFlow

Banned
thanks pigeon for the advice

also wtf! my teammates were bm and being toxic to me because I had a silver border even though I was 1/17 and won the match. like why are you verbal abusing the nami who is keeping you alive.

The two people who were verbal abusing me were both gold borders players while the our plat mf was silent the whole match. That speaks volumes.

drawkcaB

idk about that, but gist of my post was that ppl should generally focus more on learning how the game works and playing reliable champions than going for the hard carry 1v9 types

you don't need to split your efforts into learning a champion and learning the game

The key word here is game. Not everyone plays this for the same reason. There's lots players who are perfectly happy playing demanding champions knowing it may restrict your progress.

And then there's the whole argument that enjoying the game makes you more open to improvement. There's no point in playing Anniee, Warwick, etc. if even when winning you're having a miserable experience, blame others out of frustration, and as a consequence shield yourself from self-criticism.

zkylon

zkylewd
The key word here is game. Not everyone plays this for the same reason. There's lots players who are perfectly happy playing demanding champions knowing it may restrict your progress.

And then there's the whole argument that enjoying the game makes you more open to improvement. There's no point in playing Anniee, Warwick, etc. if even when winning you're having a miserable experience, blame others out of frustration, and as a consequence shield yourself from self-criticism.
yeah i already said this, if you want to not follow these rules go ahead. i don't cos i have more fun that way, i like playing a different champion every game and i like playing ori and stuff

but you don't see me complaining here about my teammates every day and that i can't climb as fast as i deserve

TheFlow

Banned
why is ranked so screwed right now. Just had a zed adc and of course we lost. soooo annoying. Keep losing a match before promos :<

Newt

I will complain about my team mates.
You didn't have a shit team comp, so there was potential. It's impossible to know properly without being in the game though, that's for sure. I think these throws do happen more often than you'd think.
Especially people who don't surrender when you're super far down.

really? fuzzery is the nicest dude I played with and he is plat.

Of course not every plat player is toxic, but some of the most mad-at-the-world people I've encountered in this game have all been plat.

If I play with a plat ADC that's not a friend from outside of the game or someone from GAF, I have to do a prayer.

Nekofrog

Banned
i didn't think i'd ever see successful devourer junglers in the korean pro scene.

but i guess it's the best team in the world, they can play whatever they want.

TheFlow

Banned
Of course not every plat player is toxic, but some of the most mad-at-the-world people I've encountered in this game have all been plat.

If I play with a plat ADC that's not a friend from outside of the game or someone from GAF, I have to do a prayer.

damn glad I dont' have to worry about that

drawkcaB

really? fuzzery is the nicest dude I played with and he is plat.

So a guy you're actually acquaintances with isn't an asshole? Newt's a good guy when I played with him but there's ample proof (from Newt) that he's a little shit-starting shitheel to other players.

Newt

Well I dunno, I don't go out of my way to tilt people on my team (cough neko) which is probably why I haven't been chat restricted/banned. Most of the toxic behaviour is in champ select where I'm acting in self-interest and postgame lobby for the lols.

I think League is just a game that promotes toxic behaviour. Plat players just generally have the dumb carry my team mindset which makes it worse.

Also Ghost is usually pretty mild haha.

Nekofrog

Banned
Well I dunno, I don't go out of my way to tilt people on my team (cough neko) which is probably why I haven't been chat restricted/banned. Most of the toxic behaviour is in champ select where I'm acting in self-interest and postgame lobby for the lols.

I think League is just a game that promotes toxic behaviour. Plat players just generally have the dumb carry my team mindset which makes it worse.

I've never once locked in and played a ranked game with intentionally troll summoners

You have

You've even done it to me. That's why we stopped playing for a while. You're a total ass when you want to be and it can get old fast.

<3

pigeon

Banned
This champion is pretty awesome.

I have no idea how you are going to put a guy who creates and destroys stars on the Rift.

zkylon

zkylewd
plat players are universally known as the worst

best elo for attitude is like gold 4 or something cos ppl are just happy to be there

pigeon

Banned
All players are the worst.

Basically more than anything League is a game about indirect people management* and lots of people are so bad at that they don't realize that's what the game is about.

* The other thing League is about is waveclear.

Newt

Oh I'm not denying that lol. I locked in troll summoners just yesterday.

My point is just that it's usually in self interest.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Don't believe his lies.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm gonna guess full reveal tomorrow, since making ppl wait over the weekend for the reveal would be pretty sucky

tho they might do it on saturday since we had that weird saturday pbe last week

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm just hoping that riot as a company that seems to pay attention to what their players are saying realizes that drip feeding information like this is lame-

That's when we reveal champions, when they're about to head to the PBE. Since he won't be in 6.5 he'll be in the next cycle.

well nevermind then...

i'm just hoping that riot as a company that seems to pay attention to what their players are saying realizes that drip feeding information like this is lame

I can guarantee you there's a lot of data that suggests otherwise. I know you like less teasing and want it all at once, but that's not true for everyone.

The longer lead up and teasers and hype pieces are liked by a lot of players.

Top Bottom