• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

man I need to buy Cho. hopefully I'll get sometime this weekend to play... But my gaf buds are probably Gold by now. If I logon and don't see them on I usually just log right back off after awhile and go play something else.
Yeah i rarely play by my self. Im waiting for ranked solo Q because that what im going to play when im only on.

Also cho is a nice easy champ, his passive is so fucking broken in lane. Also your ult is like a better smite and you dont have to worry about your jungler missing it.

Fracas

#fuckonami
What do you build on her? I need to try her out again.

Essence Reaver, Rapid Firecannon/Hurricane (I prefer RFC but hurricane is ok if the other team is stupidly easy to kite), Berzerker's, Infinity Edge, Bloodthirster and Dominik's. Swap around IE/BT/Dominik's as needed. If the other team isn't particularly tanky and you need additional survivability, Maw isn't outright terrible on her either - combined with BT and her natural kite potential, she has decent survivability for an immobile ADC. And you can consider Sterak's too but I'm super greedy so I almost always go full AD build.

She feels like the initial pre-rework Ashe. Essence Reaver makes it even better. That dmg is so good.

Essence Reaver, Rapid Firecannon/Hurricane (I prefer RFC but hurricane is ok if the other team is stupidly easy to kite), Berzerker's, Infinity Edge, Bloodthirster and Dominik's. Swap around IE/BT/Dominik's as needed.

She feels like the initial pre-rework Ashe. That dmg is so good.
Thanks will probably give her a try.

patchday

Yeah i rarely play by my self. Im waiting for ranked solo Q because that what im going to play when im only on.

Also cho is a nice easy champ, his passive is so fucking broken in lane. Also your ult is like a better smite and you dont have to worry about your jungler missing it.

that sounds good. I've been very interested in that champ for quite awhile and hes really cheap. Was planning to get him soon and Xin

pigeon

Banned
basic rules imo would be:
- play few champions
- play easy champions
- play high winrate champions (which are often easy+strong)

your worst enemy is always gonna be yourself, so don't put too many requirements in your way

I don't even think it's critical to play easy champions, although it's probably a good idea, and you should definitely avoid playing really high skill requirement champs.

Just play the same champ, every game, over and over and over. The only time you shouldn't play the same champ is if somebody else picks it. As Newt alluded to earlier, one of the mistakes people make a lot in Bronze is to keep trying to play different champions. If you are still learning generally how to be good at the game you don't also want to be learning the fine details of how to make your champion work. You don't learn to play a symphony at the same time that you're learning to play the piano.

TheFlow

Banned
That's what I main. Played zyra for 1st time in ranked and won all 3 matches. but haven't had time to play since. 2 of my matches was with fellow gafs. That was so fun and easy I don't e3ver want to fucking solo again
Zyra is a fun champ. You might as well bridge over and learn to play morg

My ign name is 7flow. And I avoid playing games at night because that is when people are off of school and are the most toxic

patchday

Morg huh? I am missing her but I have Janna and Nami. They both have 50% winrate for me atm while zyra sits at 100% for now lol

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't even think it's critical to play easy champions, although it's probably a good idea, and you should definitely avoid playing really high skill requirement champs.

Just play the same champ, every game, over and over and over. The only time you shouldn't play the same champ is if somebody else picks it. As Newt alluded to earlier, one of the mistakes people make a lot in Bronze is to keep trying to play different champions. If you are still learning generally how to be good at the game you don't also want to be learning the fine details of how to make your champion work. You don't learn to play a symphony at the same time that you're learning to play the piano.
i mean, the easy champions are often the ones with the high winrate. don't play thresh if you're bronze, play janna. don't play leblanc or azir or vayne or lee sin or whatever

if you're bronze you kind of suck at everything but mostly you suck at understanding the game in like a fundamental level. you probably know you have to ward but don't know when or where. your csing is bad. you might not know how to properly build in different situations, or when different champions' powerspikes happen, or what to do if you're losing or what to do after a fight. should you go for baron or inhibitor? are you stronger than the enemy team? etc.

mechanics are important but that's a non issue if you don't play demanding champions.

you can turn into a mechanical god later on, but for now a bronze player needs to start understanding the game, and so the less things blocking their way the better.

that's what i think at least, honestly i feel like the whole "i gotta carry 1v9" thing is bullshit when applied to regular people. if you're pro level sure, you can do that, but most people can't consistently carry games and are just held down by their teammates, most ppl just plain suck and don't even know how to carry

so yeah, imo ppl should play easy champions. or if they're gonna be like me and you find the most rewarding to play (and be trash at) champions like ori or leblanc or thresh or whatever, just don't complain if you can't climb :>

edit: not discrediting what you say btw, playing few champions is the way to go since you're never gonna be able to play at an acceptable level with them if you divide your time like that. again i personally enjoy playing a lot of different champions but i don't really care about solo q since i mostly play ranked 5s

patchday

hm, I love so many champs. I must have like 70. Yeah good advice tho

jerd

Don't worry I feel you bro. Even though I won my last Bronze matches. I just had to realize this game is just broke to the floor with OP champs. Gotta stick to meta and carry. Its just not enough to not feed. gotta carry. If the champ not in Top 20 I'm just not gonna play'em. I am sure every champ has its place but when you're a Bronze warrior you need all the first aid you can get

If you think about it though that's not surprising at all since remaining a neutral presence in every game is going to keep you exactly where you're at. I think it was pobelter who used to talk on stream all the time about aggression. Basically if you want to maintain elo play passive, if you want to climb learn to play aggressive. Realistically your lane opponent probably leaves you 10+ openings to kill them, successfully trade with them, or just deny them farm all before 5 minutes. For all the talk about worrying about your champion pool or whatever the main thing you should be worrying about is very basic game knowledge.

i mean, the easy champions are often the ones with the high winrate. don't play thresh if you're bronze, play janna. don't play leblanc or azir or vayne or lee sin or whatever

if you're bronze you kind of suck at everything but mostly you suck at understanding the game in like a fundamental level. you probably know you have to ward but don't know when or where. your csing is terrible. you might not know how to properly build in different situations, or when different champions' powerspikes happen, or what to do if you're losing or what to do after a fight. should you go for baron or inhibitor? are you stronger than the enemy team? etc.

mechanics are important but that's a non issue if you don't play demanding champions.

you can turn into a mechanical god later on, but for now a bronze player needs to start understanding the game, and so the less things blocking their way the better.

that's what i think at least, honestly i feel like the whole "i gotta carry 1v9" thing is bullshit when applied to regular people. if you're pro level sure, you can do that, but most people can't consistently carry games and are just held down by their teammates, most ppl just plain suck and don't even know how to carry

so yeah, imo ppl should play easy champions. or if they're gonna be like me and you find the most rewarding to play champions like ori or leblanc or thresh or whatever, just don't complain if you can't climb :>
Yeah i agree with this. Like i usually try to play easy champs and ones that are the punishing. Like i still play higher skilled champs like thresh because I have put tons and tons of games into him because he was my only support for a long time, and usual go. To support. Like unless you fully understand the champ then dont play them in ranked. Make sure you understand how they work and how you should play them against other champs.

TheFlow

Banned
I got Naut too. guess I'll stick to zyra for now til that well runs dry
I will accept your request when I get on in the morning.

Edit: actually just watch videos and read guides on how to improve your skill. When you lose a match post it on here.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah i agree with this. Like i usually try to play easy champs and ones that are the punishing. Like i still play higher skilled champs like thresh because I have put tons and tons of games into him because he was my only support for a long time, and usual go. To support. Like unless you fully understand the champ then dont play them in ranked. Make sure you understand how they work and how you should play them against other champs.
i mean, play whatever you want, you just gotta realize that for both climbing and learning about the game it's probably more effective to play something simpler

zkylon

zkylewd
bJfxlnd.jpg

jazz bard concept on reddit is pretty good

could probably be jazzier but i love the look of it

patchday

I will accept your request when I get on in the morning.

Edit: actually just watch videos and read guides on how to improve your skill. When you lose a match post it on here.

Wel I should go 80%+ win rate with gaf. that's what mud told me and it has been true. just don't play with randoms if possible

Night night u guys. wife wants to watch tv. lol no time for LoL. only had time for 1 match with my gafs

You are garen though. Farm under turret while stacking mr. Go all in at lv6 with help from your mid laner or jungler.

Vision wards and red lens. Garen might lose early but by 20 mins you will rekt teemo. Or do it the old fashion way and just tele/ roam and get s easy kill with your R. It so a team game after all

Hmmm, will try this. Maybe most Garens arn't use to playing like a bitch but I do it alllll the time lol

Because I hate being first pick for Top I just ran with Diana this time and got a shocking team comp on the enemy side.

Was top against the Vik. Things are going well for me, I get some good trade with him without getting the kill and because I warded I avoid the Naut Gank. I get the first blood kill next time and it's a cake lane.

They ask if I'm a Smurf. Then the spend the whole game accusing me of being a smurf or just bitching about me being a smurf. They must have been a pre-made of 2 cause those 2 stayed with each other for the rest of the match.

I guess it might be because of my name (though I made my account before I knew any champs other than Annie and Jinx. Just so happens I like the Moon AND the Moon Champ).

But I think they're just whiny children.

jerd

Leveling seems so brutal 260 games and still 28 damn

I don't think i minded it too much the first time around since there was so much to learn but now idk if my smurf will ever make it out of the teens

Essence Reaver, Rapid Firecannon/Hurricane (I prefer RFC but hurricane is ok if the other team is stupidly easy to kite), Berzerker's, Infinity Edge, Bloodthirster and Dominik's. Swap around IE/BT/Dominik's as needed. If the other team isn't particularly tanky and you need additional survivability, Maw isn't outright terrible on her either - combined with BT and her natural kite potential, she has decent survivability for an immobile ADC. And you can consider Sterak's too but I'm super greedy so I almost always go full AD build.

She feels like the initial pre-rework Ashe. Essence Reaver makes it even better. That dmg is so good.

As an Ashe main, I am FUCKING LOVING IT

pigeon

Banned
Another game mostly about providing therapy to people who are sublimating their daily microaggressions by chasing Singed. Once we talked about Kassadin's feelings we did baron and rolled the game right up.

pigeon

Banned
What can naut do against top nasus?

Naut a lot.

No, seriously, you probably can't keep him down for that long. But you are a lot more useful in a teamfight than he is, you have a ton of CC to keep him away, and you can probably cover him if he splitpushes. Push the wave in, go do something useful.

Blizzard

Banned
Udyr is still hovering around 53-55% winrate in silver through diamond after minor runic echoes + Udyr nerfs. Has Riot changed anything further in PBE?

Just went 14/5/20

Team chose to chase Thresh around the base when the Nexus was exposed instead of focusing Varus like I was doing.

Fuck this. Seriously, how can people be this awful at figuring out "KILL THE GUY HITTING THE NEXUS WITH ME"

Blizzard

Banned
Two gameplay questions:

1. I thought Riot fixed the flash cancelling tower focus thing? I saw a Fiora with the fire focus thing from an outer mid tower flash out, breaking the focus. Maybe the tower hadn't fired yet?

2. Does anyone else think the snowy Syndra skin is tough to play against? I had an awful time judging the hitboxes and angles.

Salex_

I'm so glad I bought Kindred last week. He's by far my favorite jungler. It just feels like he's amazing at so many aspects of the game. I'm surprised he has one of the lowest pick rates in the game right now. Great ganking potential, great early/mid/late game (especially if you have 8+ stacks), melts tanks, and good at securing or contesting objectives. The disadvantages are no hard CC and you're squishy, so positioning becomes extremely important after early game. I guess people love being tanky while doing a lot of damage.

Just went 14/5/20

Team chose to chase Thresh around the base when the Nexus was exposed instead of focusing Varus like I was doing.

Fuck this. Seriously, how can people be this awful at figuring out "KILL THE GUY HITTING THE NEXUS WITH ME"
Gotta spam ping like 10 times and hope someone notices it.

Salex9
Sorry, haven't been on NeoGAF lately.

kenbo

Two gameplay questions:

1. I thought Riot fixed the flash cancelling tower focus thing? I saw a Fiora with the fire focus thing from an outer mid tower flash out, breaking the focus. Maybe the tower hadn't fired yet?

2. Does anyone else think the snowy Syndra skin is tough to play against? I had an awful time judging the hitboxes and angles.
Um it just sounds like he flashed out of range?

Leezard

This isn't silver. Yes there's throws but not like that.

It's D5, there are throws like that. Hell, it happens above D5.

The possibility does depend on whether your team comp is complete shit or not though. If you have a shit team comp without and 14k gold behind? It's probably donezo unless the enemies start 2v5 or 1v5-throwing.

Newt

It's D5, there are throws like that. Hell, it happens above D5.

The possibility does depend on whether your team comp is complete shit or not though. If you have a shit team comp without and 14k gold behind? It's probably donezo unless the enemies start 2v5 or 1v5-throwing.
I was referring to 14k behind lol. Out of my 2000 ranked games I've won one being more than 14k behind. Kinda a moot point.

Leezard

I was referring to 14k behind lol. Out of my 2000 ranked games I've won one being more than 14k behind. Kinda a moot point.

You didn't have a shit team comp, so there was potential. It's impossible to know properly without being in the game though, that's for sure. I think these throws do happen more often than you'd think.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
i mean naut bullies nasus early but nasus just outscales every opposing laner pretty much so there's nothing you can do especially cause nasus just wants to farm under tower
One of the places Nasus isn't able to keep up is mobility, and the ability to stick to late game targets that have CC breaks or improved movespeed.
so yeah, imo ppl should play easy champions. or if they're gonna be like me and you find the most rewarding to play (and be trash at) champions like ori or leblanc or thresh or whatever, just don't complain if you can't climb :>
It's pretty rare for me to feel that champion mechanical error is the reason people can't succeed in low level games. None of the champions are really hard enough that it should be totally offputting for anyone at any skill level to play them.

zkylon

zkylewd
huh turns out there was a argie server event to rack up points for community rewards and stuff

gonna get a free mystery skin and free mystery ward skin

cool

mystery skins are kind of meaningless for me tho since i already have so many, but mystery ward sounds cool, i hope i get the lux one

It's pretty rare for me to feel that champion mechanical error is the reason people can't succeed in low level games. None of the champions are really hard enough that it should be totally offputting for anyone at any skill level to play them.
idk about that, but gist of my post was that ppl should generally focus more on learning how the game works and playing reliable champions than going for the hard carry 1v9 types

you don't need to split your efforts into learning a champion and learning the game

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Just gonna keep spamming OP Raka until Plat. If I can't have fun in ranked, no one will.

Top Bottom